Bubba Kush Tips

Anyone that has run this strain please post your yield and methods/tips for growing.

I know it is a killer strain but generally yields poor. Any help to increase yields would be appreciatred.

I was thinking of Supercropping. Pics would be cool too.

Anyone that has run this strain please post your yield and methods/tips for growing.

I know it is a killer strain but generally yields poor. Any help to increase yields would be appreciatred.

I was thinking of Supercropping. Pics would be cool too.

Yeild Average is 5 - 7 oz per harvest

Grow in Smart Pot

Use Pro Mix Soiless

Use General Hydroponics Nutrients

Tarzan's Bubba Kush

May 9th, 2011 Harvest

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/31228-tarzans-bubba-kush/page__p__294647__hl__%2Bbubba+%2Bkush__fromsearch__1#entry294647

Tarzan's Bubba Kush

Christmas Budd

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26054-tarzans-bubba-kush/

Yeild Average is 5 - 7 oz per harvest

How long do you veg to get that kind of yield?

Supercropping would just prove to be problematic once the Bubba nugs start to get some weight on them.

Would you explain why?

Thanx to both. I'm actually looking for information I can adapt to Sour Bubble, which has a similar growth pattern.

Depends on what breeders bubba you have dr greenthumbs bubba never yielded more than 2-3/4 of an oz tying up each respective branch to the main stem to get as many lumens as possible to those lower branches if you have a cut of pre 98 bubba running you can possibly yield up to 5 ozs per plant.

It's all in the veg with Bubba no matter what cut or breeder. I have both cuts. I have a friend that pulls 5 or more zips easily from Greenthumbs Katsu, but he vegs under 1000 watters for three to four weeks to about 36" inches before flowering. It is naturally bushy and I don't have to top at all, and is notoriously slow in veg.

so just veg 45-60 days, no top? could be a nice one? i NEED to be having these meds everyday!

If you dedicate a whole flowering cycle of this particular "Katsu" cut to a generic grow space, you could probably veg them until 18-24 inches or so in 3-5 gallon pots and easily fit 12-16 plants (or more) in a 4 foot by 4 foot area lit with 600-1000 watts of H.I.D. lighting. Each plant should yield you a minimum of 2.5 zips of beautiful, dense, nuggets, with plenty of high quality trim. Don't get me wrong, topping can help if you have the time to wait, but the structure of this "Katsu" cut is really unique, and it won't stretch much either so you can elevate the containers if your able to keep good control the temps between the light source and the canopy.

If you get lazy and don't tie it up well, the bottom branches will spread out and almost grow like moss in a way, so make sure you tie or stake up the lower branches fairly early in flower. King Diamonds method of tying the stems up work great, better than stakes.

Don't be tempted to take it early. Run it the full 70 days. Don't strip the bottom quarter or third of this plant either like you can do on a lot of strains that have a more Sativa influence. If you can, take the top parts of the plant and then allow the bottom to go another 10 days and you will bump your yield significantly (you can do this with Pre-98 also, but the timing is different).

Hey MRD, throw some true Lemon Cake pollen on her or the Pre-98 and see what you might get!!!

Lemon Bubba sounds pretty darn nice!!! :crazysmile:

Tarzan ... How long do you veg to get that kind of yield ?

Thanx to both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIPfNFdXqI8

I useally veg mine a good 2 months till their 36 inches ...

I Do Not mess w/ the Growth of Bubba Kush ...

other then i spread her branches wide and

Play Lots of Bob Seger ...

Bubba Kush budds are like a Rock ...

If you dedicate a whole flowering cycle of this particular "Katsu" cut to a generic grow space, you could probably veg them until 18-24 inches or so in 3-5 gallon pots and easily fit 12-16 plants (or more) in a 4 foot by 4 foot area lit with 600-1000 watts of H.I.D. lighting. Each plant should yield you a minimum of 2.5 zips of beautiful, dense, nuggets, with plenty of high quality trim. Don't get me wrong, topping can help

This has been my most productive strategy with type plant. You can pull larger numbers by vegging, and vegging, and more vegging - but it is not worth the extra time, because as you add size you also increase shade...

Once this plant defines its total root mass, there is a spurt of growth that lasts about two weeks. Once you see this growth surge start to slow, hit them with your 12/12 regime and then they will shift into the floral stretch, now you've taken maximum advantage of both natural growth cycles and minimized your veg and total growth periods. Smaller plants get better light and produce better bud overall, even if this method does not take full advantage of your plant count algebra.

If you dedicate a whole flowering cycle of this particular "Katsu" cut to a generic grow space, you could probably veg them until 18-24 inches or so in 3-5 gallon pots and easily fit 12-16 plants (or more) in a 4 foot by 4 foot area lit with 600-1000 watts of H.I.D. lighting. Each plant should yield you a minimum of 2.5 zips of beautiful, dense, nuggets, with plenty of high quality trim. Don't get me wrong, topping can help if you have the time to wait, but the structure of this "Katsu" cut is really unique, and it won't stretch much either so you can elevate the containers if your able to keep good control the temps between the light source and the canopy.

If you get lazy and don't tie it up well, the bottom branches will spread out and almost grow like moss in a way, so make sure you tie or stake up the lower branches fairly early in flower. King Diamonds method of tying the stems up work great, better than stakes.

Don't be tempted to take it early. Run it the full 70 days. Don't strip the bottom quarter or third of this plant either like you can do on a lot of strains that have a more Sativa influence. If you can, take the top parts of the plant and then allow the bottom to go another 10 days and you will bump your yield significantly (you can do this with Pre-98 also, but the timing is different).

Hey MRD, throw some true Lemon Cake pollen on her or the Pre-98 and see what you might get!!!

Lemon Bubba sounds pretty darn nice!!! :crazysmile:

wow, i am now copying and pasting these instructions to keep handy. a total moron could follow these instructions (which works out well for me) and get great results, as they are so well done. THANKS, Porcupine!

Very cool information. Do you recall what the partial harvest timing is for pre 98 bubba kush?

In the 65-70 day range (pretty much the same), depending on the individual environment and method of growing. The longer you let it go the more potent it gets. Personally I won't harvest either until at least 70 days.

Archived