Mdch, I Complained Bout Dr. Kicking Me Out Cause Mm Use.

Some of you might know all ready..I will explain....I had been seeing a Dr. for bout 7 years..last cpl years he signed my app for MM..I was getting off a bunch of pills doing good..After Dr. signed my second app..a month or so latter i had went for a med refill (only cpl scrpits,verses 10)..There was a NEW Dr. Has he was walking n the room..He kicked me out for having MM card ..I filed a complaint with the MDCH,,,Well month or so back i received a letter from MDCH..saying they didn't for get bout me...Well today i got a call from a INVESTIGATOR , He is coming here Thursday May 19th,2011..He is coming to talk to me and get more info against Dr.....IF any one reads this and was kicked out fo Gladwin Family Care..On M61 in Gladwin for using Medical Marijuana..PLEASE <PLEASE< file a complaint...Thanks the Mayor...P>S So some one is listening... SO TELL THEM YOUR HORROR STORIES FROM THIS CLINIC... Dr.Dial i think how it is spelt..who kicked me out..

Hope things work out for you... this system sucks..

My Doc. quit prescribing me pain meds when she found MM in my system (urine), but suggests I continue use of MM?

Not the same but, it's all B.S (IM0)

Good luck,

Trix :bong2:

My Doc. quit prescribing me pain meds when she found MM in my system (urine), but suggests I continue use of MM?

Good luck,

You have the right to file a complaint against Dr...More people that do..The farther a head we will be..YOU HAVE TO FILE>>EVERY ONE WHO HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OR OFF THERE MEDS.. THEY are breaking the law..

:thumbsu: mayorherb! It would be nice if someone really IS listening and WILL DO SOMETHING about this. Please keep us informed on how it goes. If ENOUGH people complain, it'll make them see WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT! This law PROTECTS US from discrimination!

Sb

Put him in touch with me. I've got a thing or two to add about being a real doctor and how patients have a right to be treated. MMJ is medicine, and even if your own beliefs do not accept it as such, the people have spoken. Patients are there to hear our advise, and like smokers, drinkers, and skydivers have a RIGHT to determine and have input into their plan of medical care. Furthermore, people have a right to make bad decisions (or what we as doctors can sometimes consider bad decisions). Our job is to take them into account and DEAL with them, not punish them by withdrawing medical care or forcing them to suffer needlessly from pain or withdrawal from the meds WE put them on.

Dr. Bob

989-339-4464

Did you find a complaint form on the MDCH website or did you just write a letter of complaint?

My doc dropped me for stating that I wanted to use medical marijuana. My urine sample came back clean after I had abstained for 34 days. It didn't matter to him that I had clean urine just talking about cannabis was enough for him to claim that he was, "unable to prescribe the medications you want while you are using marijuana". He did this with no proof that I was using, in fact I had a clean urine sample, just my statement that I wanted to use cannabis to reduce the toxic load on my liver.

Well, I'm off to see a new doctor. Wish me luck.

Did you find a complaint form on the MDCH website or did you just write a letter of complaint?

My doc dropped me for stating that I wanted to use medical marijuana. My urine sample came back clean after I had abstained for 34 days. It didn't matter to him that I had clean urine just talking about cannabis was enough for him to claim that he was, "unable to prescribe the medications you want while you are using marijuana". He did this with no proof that I was using, in fact I had a clean urine sample, just my statement that I wanted to use cannabis to reduce the toxic load on my liver.

Well, I'm off to see a new doctor. Wish me luck.

I called a complaint in to my insurance company..And MDCH> SEEMS like i called them and then they sent me a form and i had to write a statement..They sent a letter little after saying they hadn't for got about me..And a month or so ago i received a letter from them..This morning a person called and said they will be here to talk with me more..This week...A investigator...let me see if i can find a number.. Your insurance company can give you a number..Just ask them who do you call and complain about your Dr. to.. You do not have to Explain why....Bureau of Health Professions, P.O Box 30670, Lansing ,Michigan. 48909=8170.... WWW.michigan.gov/healthlicense MDCH sent me a ALLEGATION FORM to fill out....the numbers on top left corner are (DCH/HRD (5/06) .... Health Regulatory Division , Bureau of health professions Telephone :517-373=9196...HOPE THIS HELPS MANY>>>>

We all need to to file a complaint if we've been kicked out of any doctors office for being A MM patient. This is another branch of state government who may help protect our rights in respect to doctors who lash out against us. If they defend our use it sure would put a spin on things with those who want to change our law. We would have documentation of the state protecting our rights. By the way, I'm filing a complaint now against two doctors for kicking me out.

We all need to to file a complaint if we've been kicked out of any doctors office for being A MM patient. This is another branch of state government who may help protect our rights in respect to doctors who lash out against us. If they defend our use it sure would put a spin on things with those who want to change our law. We would have documentation of the state protecting our rights. By the way, I'm filing a complaint now against two doctors for kicking me out.

I thank you and MANY MANY more thank you..the more that complain the better we are..We hve to go at them from all directions ,NOT just head on..ALL directions..We have to weaken them on every where..And yes you are right..We can get them to defend us..They have to...WE ARE PATIENTS .NOT CRIMINALS ..

Good luck,

When you get on a pain regiment with any doctor you agree to take only medication prescribed from them its not bs its something you agreed to. Clearly you had to go to a different doctor to get your MM recommendation so process of elimination shows that either you did not ask your current doc or you did and they are not pro mm, using it is a violation of the pain management agreement.

When you get on a pain regiment with any doctor you agree to take only medication prescribed from them its not bs its something you agreed to. Clearly you had to go to a different doctor to get your MM recommendation so process of elimination shows that either you did not ask your current doc or you did and they are not pro mm, using it is a violation of the pain management agreement.

The clinic i belonged to.Dr. i was seeing there for 7 years,signed my 2 years n a roll, a month or 2 after he signed second one,There was a new Dr. He kicked me out...For using Medical Cannabis..which my Clinic approved of..MY new Dr. DOES NOT have the right license to sign my app.BUT She glad signed over my info for another Dr. to sing my app..AND was happy to..I signed a narcotics/patient agreement that day allso..Number 5 said if i was a Cannabis card holder i was ok to receive my other pain meds..WHICH i was down to only 2 types of pills a day from bout 9 or 10 different pills a day..A Dr. should not be able to kick you out for trying Medical Cannabis..

My doctor tried that BS with me. We reviewed the agreement together. I wasn't getting any other prescription pain medication so I was not violating the agreement. Two months later, after a negative urine sample, he wrote a letter to me claiming that he was, "unable to prescribe the medications you want while you are using marijuana".

You'd think with two months to think about it he could have come up with a better lie. Or better yet, since I gave him an honest to goodness clean urine sample he could have just done the, "don't ask don't tell" routine going forward. But his prejudice is too strong. He would rather lie than treat a medical cannabis patient.

Very sorry for your troubles. I wish you much luck in your fight against them. Go get em'!!

Gotta say the exact same thing happened to me here in Saginaw at Synergy Medical.

The first doctor knew I had a MM card and had me sign a pain contract for my other meds. The next appointment I am kicked out of the building ( I kid you not) because a new doctor told me they would no longer treat me if I had the card and when I asked for an explanation,to see my chart, for my former doctor, anyone - I was told to leave immediately. I was yelled at and belittled by a female staff member who thought it was her right to impose her beliefs on me. She really made me out to be a druggie who deserved no respect.

Very humiliating. I wish I knew then that I had the right to file a complaint against them. This was within the last two years, does anyone know what the statute of limitations would be on this type of case?

Thanks for any advice.

Very sorry for your troubles. I wish you much luck in your fight against them. Go get em'!!

Gotta say the exact same thing happened to me here in Saginaw at Synergy Medical.

The first doctor knew I had a MM card and had me sign a pain contract for my other meds. The next appointment I am kicked out of the building ( I kid you not) because a new doctor told me they would no longer treat me if I had the card and when I asked for an explanation,to see my chart, for my former doctor, anyone - I was told to leave immediately. I was yelled at and belittled by a female staff member who thought it was her right to impose her beliefs on me. She really made me out to be a druggie who deserved no respect.

Very humiliating. I wish I knew then that I had the right to file a complaint against them. This was within the last two years, does anyone know what the statute of limitations would be on this type of case?

Thanks for any advice.

I would file the complaint , I would think at least it is in even if they do nothing..BUT more complaints better off we are..they will see the people are not standing for there crap any more.

My doctor tried that BS with me. We reviewed the agreement together. I wasn't getting any other prescription pain medication so I was not violating the agreement. Two months later, after a negative urine sample, he wrote a letter to me claiming that he was, "unable to prescribe the medications you want while you are using marijuana".

You'd think with two months to think about it he could have come up with a better lie. Or better yet, since I gave him an honest to goodness clean urine sample he could have just done the, "don't ask don't tell" routine going forward. But his prejudice is too strong. He would rather lie than treat a medical cannabis patient.

The agreement also has parts about only taking drugs from them and even though its medical marijuana it is not from them and it is still considered a drug, its not that hard to figure this out on your own or even talk to the doctor before hand and ask what will happen if you start using it... It was a contract dropping a dirty urine test breaches it that simple that clear.

Wonder if they would take away any patients cancer medicine or aids medicine? or are they just making people sufffer in Pain,

I use my MMJ to manage pain that used to take 3-4 oxycontin not all doctors are against it but if you breach a contract that is put in place to keep people with drug seeking behaviors out of programs they will drop you its common sense...

Archived