Hb 4661

Looks like little by little is going to be there plan of attack!

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2011-HB-4661

Would amend the MMMA by adding the following text to section 4(a) after "enclosed locked facility, that is not located within 500 feet of a church or other house of worship; school; or day care center as defined in MCL 324.8303.

The same text would be added to the end of 4(b)2

Finally, section 4(k) would be amended to add cultivation in violation of the Act as a misdemeanor identical to selling an unqualified patient with marijuana.

Maybe they just want us to get so fed up, that we now push for full legalization ??

Every citizen, over the age of 18, gets up to 12 plants, and up to 2.5 ounces.

If they make the Medical Marijuana too difficult, then total legalization is our only other avenue.

Maybe they just want us to get so fed up, that we now push for full legalization ??

If they make the Medical Marijuana too difficult, then total legalization is our only other avenue.

Had the same thought many times myself.

We may be left with no other choice but to get 'FULL legalization' on a 'ballot'.

The anti-cannabis crowd thinks they have problems now... they're really going to be POed when it comes about... and it IS coming.

The 'cannabis use' issue WILL NOT GO AWAY.

I want the same 500-1000ft laws for liquor stores, pharmacies, and tobacco shops. Walking my kids to school it seems we pass half a dozen of each in a five block radius.

Zoning laws should not be done on the state level, what ever happened to "home rule"?

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary

caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use

marihuana for medical purposes under this act or who cultivates

marihuana in violation of the requirements of this act shall have

his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a

felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a

fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other

penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

I do not like the way that is worded. So what, if you accidentally harvest 1 gram too many you are a felon? This will give LEO a better way to set us up wont it?

I do not like the way that is worded. So what, if you accidentally harvest 1 gram too many you are a felon? This will give LEO a better way to set us up wont it?

is it 6 foot or eight foot fencing?

Does it need a roof or not?

If they are going to add penalties, the least they could do is to tell us where that exact line is.

Meanwhile, they want to toss us in jail randomly.

State Representative Darany encourages residents to contact him with any questions or concerns regarding state government by calling toll-free at (855) 775-1515 or by sending an email to GeorgeTDarany@house.mi.gov. They can also visit his website at house.mi.gov/gdarany and sign up for his e-newsletter

While they waste time and precious resources, taxpayers' money, fighting a supposed problem which only they perceive to be real, there are REAL PROBLEMS that are much more IMPORTANT. It's just a distraction, it's easy to pick on us, this is how they have fun, at our expense, it's too hard for them to tackle the REAL ISSUES. Well we better keep those calls and letters coming. Just write to your reps, keep the pressure on. I've told mine, (the ones I didn't vote for) that my friends who voted for them will NOT vote for them if they alter our law in any way; the ones I did vote for are on notice, I will NOT vote for them again if they touch our law. Our stories MUST be told, we have to get the TRUTH out. We must keep the voters informed that the law they voted for is being torn apart and we are being blamed for its destruction!

Sb :growl:

Sometimes I think full legalization may be he only soultion for us as opposed to being picked apart by them.....what would it take?

Is'nt that the way it is already?

Duh! Maybe Reps. Darany, Lindberg and Santana should first decide if the law allows outdoor grows (which would nullify a few arrests here). If they are referring to indoor grows, sorry but the Farm Act protects me. Speaking of indoor grows, in Michigan; do we have a legal right to privacy?

They need to also explain how a registered person can “cultivate marihuana in violation of the requirements of this act”; or are we to assume they are talking of the inserted 500 ft of a church or day care. If this is inserted, are the Representatives saying that dispensaries and cultivations centers are allowed?

It would really help if these a-holes would read, fully understand the law and its possible frailties, before adjusting to create more frailties. These people are so busy cutting up what’s on the plate, but won't tell us what’s for dinner.

Archived