Mocc - Hazy Summer Day Social

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I can see carded members...but having to be a mocc member as well kinda sucks....Not many are going to pay the mocc membership just to goto this. Great for existing members though...

Best

I can see carded members...but having to be a mocc member as well kinda sucks....Not many are going to pay the mocc membership just to goto this. Great for existing members though...

Best

If your a members of any of the local compassion clubs such as downriver, brighton or belle isle compassion club that will get you in.

Sorry if being a member of MOCC or any other non profit compassion club sucks but we do have bills that have to be paid and the hall is not cheap. We pay 450 to rent the hall on weekends.. We all are volunteers and survive on memberships and donations and events such as these to keep going.

MOCC has been a non profit organization for patients and caregivers for over two years now. We try to make sure patients come first. All monies stay in the club. We work hard to keep all prices down for members.

We hold over 12 events annually. We are a very active club and have used are resources to better the community. We have given food to local charities and food banks. So really just being a member does not SUCK.

How do you think we can sustain a club. MOCC books are open to all members. Just make an appointment with the treasure.

:goodjob:

If your a members of any of the local compassion clubs such as downriver, brighton or belle isle compassion club that will get you in.

Sorry if being a member of MOCC or any other non profit compassion club sucks but we do have bills that have to be paid and the hall is not cheap. We pay 450 to rent the hall on weekends.. We all are volunteers and survive on memberships and donations and events such as these to keep going.

MOCC has been a non profit organization for patients and caregivers for over two years now. We try to make sure patients come first. All monies stay in the club. We work hard to keep all prices down for members.

We hold over 12 events annually. We are a very active club and have used are resources to better the community. We have given food to local charities and food banks. So really just being a member does not SUCK.

How do you think we can sustain a club. MOCC books are open to all members. Just make an appointment with the treasure.

Nobody said being a member sucks, but you would raise more money for your club allowing any card holders to enter, make vendors be a member of the club or something. I for one would attend however I'm not near Oakland or Macomb, so I wouldn't purchase a membership to attend one event. On the other hand, giving members something exclusive would be logical, I just don't see the logic in closing the doors to patients who are not members for even attendance. If you 10 patients visited who weren't a member, thats an extra $100 raised for the MOCC, now if those non member patients spend money within the event, thats more money, if its exclusive to members only you're basically recycling the money within the group not acquiring outside incomes to raise the groups funds.

Nobody said being a member sucks, but you would raise more money for your club allowing any card holders to enter, make vendors be a member of the club or something. I for one would attend however I'm not near Oakland or Macomb, so I wouldn't purchase a membership to attend one event. On the other hand, giving members something exclusive would be logical, I just don't see the logic in closing the doors to patients who are not members for even attendance. If you 10 patients visited who weren't a member, thats an extra $100 raised for the MOCC, now if those non member patients spend money within the event, thats more money, if its exclusive to members only you're basically recycling the money within the group not acquiring outside incomes to raise the groups funds.

:goodjob: Exactly. It would make sense to do something like Members $10 entrance fee at the door, non-members $15, Member Vendors $30, Non-member Vendors $50. You would get a LOT more attendance, and maybe even more members as people get to check out how you do things and maybe make some friends. That way your members feel they are getting something, but at the same time, you are inviting more people into the group. You could also do a few "members only" events so they feel they are getting their monies worth.

Cedar

I don't see what the problem is here. I'm a member and have been to a couple events. MOCC goes all out for their events. hall, food, games, medication tent, vendors....ALL top-shelf! I see no problem donating to a non-profit (or buying a membership) that uses their money for the betterment of patients, ESPECIALLY if your a grower. I buy a membership to every/any event I attend, even if I have a card they honor. it just seems like the right thing to do

I don't see what the problem is here. I'm a member and have been to a couple events. MOCC goes all out for their events. hall, food, games, medication tent, vendors....ALL top-shelf! I see no problem donating to a non-profit (or buying a membership) that uses their money for the betterment of patients, ESPECIALLY if your a grower. I buy a membership to every/any event I attend, even if I have a card they honor. it just seems like the right thing to do

Non-member contributions could still be non-profit, if it were dumped back into the mocc, nobody is trying to bash them nor are they saying its sub par, I just find it illogical to make it exclusive. Give members incentives, but to exclude people is that much more off putting. Allowing card holding non members to come would also be a great way to grow and gain memberships, even if 1 out of 10 non members sign up, that's one more member you didn't have, and if all the money from non members is recycled into the Mocc it would only give them more money to recycle into the next event.

I agree with jipo, I mean if I decide to go to one, and on the way there I decide it is WAY too far, and I am never going again, so I don't want to purchase a membership, I now can't even attend the one event I did drive out for. Or I go in and find it isn't as cool as it sounded, etc.

And if it really is as cool as you say, they would gain memberships, as Jipo said. I don't know how much a membership is, but some of us don't have enough cash to throw around like that, spending $10 entry, and $25 membership or something, is $70 for 2 people to get in. Seems kinda high if you are unsure you will ever use it again.

Restricting vendors to members only is OK, any CG selling there should have the extra $25 to dole out. Upcharging entrace for non-members is expected. Closing it off to only members seems like the only thing they are doing is creating an elitist club, not a community. you gain more members faster if you invite non-members to do things with you. I don't like throwing money at something like a year membership if I think I will only use it once. It makes me feel like I am wasting 11 months of the membership, or almost $23 dollars of the $25 membership.

But if I went, and really liked it, and wanted to go to more, I would, after having given over $15 for the one event, then turn over another $25 for a membership, because once I have the membership I am more likely to go, so they have collected $40 from me, instead of $35 from a normal member, and have a greater chance of my return. Instead, they now have $0 from me, and because I never get to see what it is like there, will probably stay at $0.

No one is saying it is bad, just offering suggestions as to how to grow their club more.

We try our best to keep the costs down to not only our members but to the community as well. Thats why we have implemented the policy that if you are already a paid member of another reputable club, we will honor that clubs memberships. This applies to non profit compassion clubs and not dispensaries.

We don't feel that its too much to ask to support your local compassion club, even if it isn't our own club. If you are unable to afford our membership, I can work with you and trade volunteer hours with the club to ultimately pay for your membership.

On top of hosting public meetings, we also try to hold at least one social a month. If you are unsure about our club, come check out a public meeting for free. We typically cook the food ourselves and everyone can sit down to eat. We have to pay the hall, by paper plates and napkins, provide beverage,s etc. We host a farmers market with security in place. We provide a medication area. Everyone gets to play ganja bingo and the prize table is always loaded with awesome prizes. These are true socials for our members to be able to get out of the house and enjoy a few hours with friends.

We open our doors to others in the community who would like to join us. However, we don't feel that asking for you to have a paid membership to a non profit compassion club is too much too ask for.

We open our doors to others in the community who would like to join us. However, we don't feel that asking for you to have a paid membership to a non profit compassion club is too much too ask for.

Understand. You can't always make everyone happy or set up policies that work out for everyone.

There are no clubs near me, so there isn't one I would feel right joining, I haven't been able to locate one less than 1 hour away. My options are join a club that I might visit once a year, or start my own, which I don't have time for. So, I guess I miss out.

Oh well. My loss I suppose.

We try our best to keep the costs down to not only our members but to the community as well. Thats why we have implemented the policy that if you are already a paid member of another reputable club, we will honor that clubs memberships. This applies to non profit compassion clubs and not dispensaries.

We don't feel that its too much to ask to support your local compassion club, even if it isn't our own club. If you are unable to afford our membership, I can work with you and trade volunteer hours with the club to ultimately pay for your membership.

On top of hosting public meetings, we also try to hold at least one social a month. If you are unsure about our club, come check out a public meeting for free. We typically cook the food ourselves and everyone can sit down to eat. We have to pay the hall, by paper plates and napkins, provide beverage,s etc. We host a farmers market with security in place. We provide a medication area. Everyone gets to play ganja bingo and the prize table is always loaded with awesome prizes. These are true socials for our members to be able to get out of the house and enjoy a few hours with friends.

Alright see I was under the impression it was MOCC or GTFO :lol: Honoring any club membership is a big difference. I see where you are coming from and while I do agree, I still feel those that aren't club members shouldn't be excluded and it would help encourage them to join yours or their local club. I just don't find exclusion to be compassionate to anybody, whether or not they're a member of a club they're still a member of the community and just as in need of compassion as the rest of us. Also what if they're just shy, or very quiet, don't get out much, a event like this will draw more then a social meeting.

Awesome!

Always a great time.

I'm bringing the horse shoes along, but I only have the one set.

They have about sixteen pits outback, so the bring a set if you got 'em.

Hopefully by then the heatwave will be gone! But I'll bring my horseshoes also in case more people want to throw a ringer or two!! :sword:

I do want you all to know that I'am discussing with the board to have a non members price for our events. Never thought about the folk's who live far away and can't make all the other socials we have and maybe can only make one or two a year.

So what should a non members price be? We always have food included with the price at our monthly socials. One game card included with price also. Lots of prizes given out. Various donations from members and sponsors.

We do want to be fair to all patients from all over.

Jack

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Pro then your flyer should state that "any" club membership will get you in. It says what it says and people will look, see they don't qualify, and move on(on the internet for every one person that contacts you for clarification, another 100 will simply move on: so print what you mean).....I didnt need a breakdown of your cost, nor do I care. I'm just telling you how people are going to react. I'm sure you'll get a bunch and wish the event the best. Stating an observation of users and nothing more. Get your flyer right, and you won't have this confusion.

Best and GL

I can`t believe people are complaining about this. I think you guys at MOCC do a great job and people should try and support at least 1 compassion club. I drive 2 hours to attend your events and think it is worth every penny. See you all there. Peace, Afi

Hopefully by then the heatwave will be gone! But I'll bring my horseshoes also in case more people want to throw a ringer or two!! :sword:

I do want you all to know that I'am discussing with the board to have a non members price for our events. Never thought about the folk's who live far away and can't make all the other socials we have and maybe can only make one or two a year.

So what should a non members price be? We always have food included with the price at our monthly socials. One game card included with price also. Lots of prizes given out. Various donations from members and sponsors.

We do want to be fair to all patients from all over.

Jack

I appreciate this, and I'm glad you're not taking it as an attack, just constructive criticism, especially in business context, more people = more growth both members and money. I would be contempt paying 50% over membership fees for entry i.e. If members get in for $10, non members could be $15, if a vendor table is 30 then non vendor tables can be $45, even $50. Food included for members only, simple incentive things will bring in more memberships and for those who are "visiting" can still contribute money via food and products. Also you could swing something like other compassion club members get $5 off at the door but still pay for food etc... that way other club members get something but your club members get exclusives still.

I can`t believe people are complaining about this. I think you guys at MOCC do a great job and people should try and support at least 1 compassion club. I drive 2 hours to attend your events and think it is worth every penny. See you all there. Peace, Afi

Nobody is complaining just trying to make it more accessible to everybody. I for one wouldn't be any part of an elitist club, It wouldn't bring anything to the table for me, I have access to any elite genetics, discounts at shops at anything else I may need, and that's what members only closed door groups are good for. If you're going to be compassionate accept everybody with open arms and show them why your CC is worth sticking around for, while raising more money to recycle into the club. If you made an extra $100 off non members thats $100 more for the next farmers market to improve, I'm confused as to why this has been taken so out of context.

Wow! Someone is having a do on a weekend when it looks like I might not have class. If the rest of me is working, I may have to get a m'ship from somewhere and head over. It has been a while since I've seen you all.

:goodjob: Join as many CC's as you can! One, two, or twenty-five, they are doing what needs to get done for the Patient community.

I applaud them all!!!

I too belong to more then one compassion club. Just like the feel of them. But appreciate all who do support MOCC because without your support we wouldn't of been running this long. Thanks again. See ya on the 31'st. Ringer!

But as always if you can't afford to come and want to volunteer we can make room for you. Most are sitting jobs maybe watching a door, checking wristbands to helping set up and take down whatever you can do. Just arrive 1/2 hour early to any event and let one of the board members know your situation.

Jack

Archived