Themoscuttyproject: Mythos

Guest MosCutty

Thanks all for the show of support; I see lots of familiar handles and a few new ones. Don’t be shy people I don’t bit. I leave that for the people that hack cuts and start rumors. LOL.

Let start with this idea of Aesthetic Theory and its’ relation to ganja farming. Aesthetics is defined:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Aesthetics

Aesthetics (also spelled æsthetics or esthetics) is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, and with the creation and appreciation of beauty.[1] It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste.[2] More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature."[3][4]

The concept of Aesthetics has been with me for a while but in recent years applied to farming. Critical reflection on art, culture and nature are of utmost importance in my personal understanding of the world.

The plants I am drawn too are aesthetically pleasing and invite questions of origin and intent. Some are without contamination of modern man. Others are filled with Mythos (I’ll get to that later.) My selection process is never hindered by “hype” or “elite” status, although genetic make-up is import and a basis for selecting a proper mother.

Here is a plant that gives you some idea of what I mean. She is a landrace plant with a wonderful structure and intriguing aroma in veg. The leaves are very vivid with amazing texture. She comes to me by a very dear friend with all the proper pedigree, if he is a round he may speak up. Proper Pedigree in these terms means med samples, documentation of the plant in flowering but most importantly veg.

Not only do these leaves have trichs, but they have history that we don't often see in contemporary crosses.

Thanks again everybody!

Mos :D

Aesthetics and Mythos in the Art of Cannabis Creation...heady stuff. A powerful hybrid of high-brow philosophy and streetsmart vibe. A revealing look at the inner workings of a Cannabis artiste.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let start with this idea of Aesthetic Theory and its’ relation to ganja farming. Aesthetics is defined:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics

Aesthetics (also spelled æsthetics or esthetics) is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, and with the creation and appreciation of beauty.[1] It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste.[2] More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature."[3][4]

The concept of Aesthetics has been with me for a while but in recent years applied to farming. Critical reflection on art, culture and nature are of utmost importance in my personal understanding of the world.

The plants I am drawn too are aesthetically pleasing and invite questions of origin and intent. Some are without contamination of modern man. Others are filled with Mythos (I’ll get to that later.) My selection process is never hindered by “hype” or “elite” status, although genetic make-up is import and a basis for selecting a proper mother.

This is very intriguing. I cannot wait to see some more of this project! Peace. shaner

As always my brother cutty you bring a smile to my face. Weather it be by hanging out, a kind word while I was in the hospital, helping me when I am in need, or by kicking a new thread for me to reinvest in. By the way the new kottenmouth king album is the bunny muffin. My 4 year old is gonna get me in trouble singing ganja daze all the time lol or she also loves this songs

As always my brother cutty you bring a smile to my face. Weather it be by hanging out, a kind word while I was in the hospital, helping me when I am in need, or by kicking a new thread for me to reinvest in. By the way the new kottenmouth king album is the bunny muffin. My 4 year old is gonna get me in trouble singing ganja daze all the time lol or she also loves this songs

Great tune.. definitely provoked a groove.. thanks Big J

:goodjob:

:mp3:

:hair:

:yahoo-wave:

Guest MosCutty

Aesthetics and Mythos in the Art of Cannabis Creation...heady stuff. A powerful hybrid of high-brow philosophy and streetsmart vibe. A revealing look at the inner workings of a Cannabis artiste.

LOL, right right. How about Post-Modernism, there is a great term for you. Thanks for joining in brother!

This is very intriguing. I cannot wait to see some more of this project! Peace. shaner

Thanks Shaner, this journal will move a little slower then my normal pace, but I'm trying to get some ideas out. :thumbsu:

I'll def have on my ninja gear for this one, can't miss anything

LOL, don't forget your nerd glasses B, the don't teach this stuff at the grow college.

Hey MosCutty, Intriguing.

Thanks for stopping in Rhino, I love your work brother keep doing what your doing!

Big J, you crack me up, you know I do if for the love!

The lenses in which we view objects are based on our personal experiences as well as our collective conscious. I am intrigued by collective taste and our personal response to what the collective or society deems important.

Aesthetics concepts of contemplation of beauty and nature lend themselves very nicely to selection of productive genetics that have the desired affects.

After all, often we do not experience finished medication when we formulate our opinions of a particular strain. We tend to look for visual clues as to the value of the genetics in question.

Imagery has become as important or perhaps more important then the object itself, text itself being apart of imagery.

An example if I show you a picture of a plant like this one.

DSC_0033.jpg

If I tell you it’s Mexican bag seed that my cousin Tito gave me, most would say okay what every it’s probably going to herm and taste like junk.

Those folks are dealing with text as imagery and formulating an opinion on that.

Others may strictly look at the imagery of the plant itself and formulate an opinion in agreement that it’s junk or it’s golden.

The first person may say golden as well if they were just dealing with visual clues, rather than cultural baggage that comes along with the text “Mexican Bag Seed.”

Now if I said the plant in question was OG Kush x Death Star, then the collective would not question the object rather celebrate it as a must have and example of what we deem as aesthetically pleasing and greatest medicinal value.

The text becomes the imagery that captures the imagination of the collective, perpetuating the idea of beauty or perfection to be cherished by the community.

Mos :thumbsu:

Morning " MosCutty "

Sorry it took So long to reply ...

Missed you at the Rally My Friend & Brother ...

You could of been there , But there was

So Many People there it would of taken me

2-3 days to meet everyone there ....

I always love asking my friends if they would

like to small my girlfriend ?

While holding my finger out there for them to smell .... LOL

So i fully understand the addiction of that smell

these girls can produce ...

As far as Education it's Kool ...

But Keeping it Fun is Always the Best kind of post ...

Plus those Pictures and Videos are what make these

kind of post the MOST INTERESTING ....

Thank You So Very Much ...

Thanks for being there for Us that are still Learning ....

Keep up the Great Work ... :bighug:

You bring up good points,names seem to be embedded into the brain what the experience will be like before even having the experience as do images.I wonder if you had a bricked up lb of pre 98' but called it mersh if people would still get blown away or just get slightly buzzed?It would be interesting to take the sense of sight and the names away and go strictly by smell with blind folds on-heck even slap some nose plugs on and hand peeps dif joints to see what they truly do enjoy without the names and sights etc etc.You got me thinking to deep too early today Mos-good reading your thoughts and nice gear-the alien looks to be friendly but your right you never know a aliens true intentions so keep your eye on her lol

Guest MosCutty

I am so happy to read your thread MC! This is very fascinating. Thanks you so very much for all the help that you send to us individual human beings here. My hat is off to you again, and peace be upon you this day MosCutty...Fascinating.jpgpicardhat6we1.gifspock-1.gif

Thank you my friend. Always good to have you on board you know I need the visuals. :goodjob:

You bring up good points,names seem to be embedded into the brain what the experience will be like before even having the experience as do images.I wonder if you had a bricked up lb of pre 98' but called it mersh if people would still get blown away or just get slightly buzzed?It would be interesting to take the sense of sight and the names away and go strictly by smell with blind folds on-heck even slap some nose plugs on and hand peeps dif joints to see what they truly do enjoy without the names and sights etc etc.You got me thinking to deep too early today Mos-good reading your thoughts and nice gear-the alien looks to be friendly but your right you never know a aliens true intentions so keep your eye on her lol

Bingo, good way to break it down, yes I wonder what would happen. I'm very pleased with the Alien Dawg, she is a winner for sure.

So the Landrace plant we are looking at is Nepalese Hash Plant. :devil: Here are the very large Beans.

DSC_0149.jpg

Here are the finished Med samples. Lovely bud structure and loaded with trichs. :thumbsu:

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

The medz samples show that the plant has been somewhat acclimated to modern conditions. These beans where to be worked by several farmers and breeders to stabilize and reproduce. unfortunately a former partner decided to keep part of the collection and not return it. However we do have most backed up and have honest folks working on reproductions. While I am currently testing her for medz samples, cloning, and stress test. There are 4 strains in my landrace project that are being worked on by medical farmers all over the place. :goodjob:

Thanks for looking guys.

Mos :))

I have some beans Feom BOG, Sour Lifesaver I believe that are huge like those. Biggest seeds I've saw lol

But question time my friend...

Landrace, from what I understand these are native cannabis strains, untouched by breeders and taken from their natural surroundings correct??

Now couldn't these plants sometimes have a hard time adjusting to an indoor envirenment?

Guest MosCutty

I have some beans Feom BOG, Sour Lifesaver I believe that are huge like those. Biggest seeds I've saw lol

But question time my friend...

Landrace, from what I understand these are native cannabis strains, untouched by breeders and taken from their natural surroundings correct??

Now couldn't these plants sometimes have a hard time adjusting to an indoor envirenment?

Good question B, Yes the thoughts are that Landrace are untouched by breeders. But to expand I would say the laws of nature and mans natural curiosity means that plants and animals have been selected for mans use for a very long time. It is naive to believe that the first strains to ever be intentional crossed happened in the last 35 years.

I believe people have been selecting marijuana for a long time for particular traits. Even too this day Middle Eastern Hash Farmers trade regional to enhance their genetics.

I'd like to think of most Landrace beans as some lost indigenous culture project that remained to be discovered by modern man.

The other part of your question is also true these strains can be hard to adjust to modern indoor garden. However it is my believe that the plant has memory, but it can also adapt. The same plant, by just being kept alive can learn to adjust to new conditions and thrive.

The Hash Plant was kept in veg for over 5 months, so that I could monitor her. She has gone through some changes and I thought I might lose her. But I have been letting her teach me on how to take care of her and she now agrees. She also has decided to clone via aero cloning. :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Oh philosophical me, I forgot the tunes braking my own rules. :devil:

Here are very dear friends of mine, jamming in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Mystic Vision I got made love for Rasta John he and I go way back.

Keeping the Rasta Vibe alive, with the Elder Midnite.

Now smoke thy Herb and bless up! :))

Guest MosCutty

I love the Hash Plant, so I will be watching. Here, I'm growing Hash Bomb. :-)

Thanks for stopping in Clark, I've been slacking because with weather has been so nice. Later in the week it's getting cold so thought I'd play out side with the Cutty Tribe as much as possible.

I'll be rocking some updates soon.

Mos :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Back again, lets kick it off with some tunes. Been listening to some old school lately with Mrs.Cutty. :devil:

I've been in the mist of a few major projects involving testing crosses and evaluating their performance. The work involves many trusted growers, breeders, and genetics enthusiast. I feel very blessed to work with people that entrust me with seed stock. Research and development are very important for creating medicine of the highest quality.

This is Block Head X Amnesia

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Lala Bald Man's Burkle Thai ( Bubblegum x Purple Urkle x Lemon Thai)

DSC_0012.jpg

This one I will be test growing for Lala. :thumbsu:

(Shiskaberry (original cut) x Mango Haze (oltimers cut)

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Here are the Block Head along with Soma's Lavendar and Sour Diesel "Ri Ri Cut" x SD Reserva. :devil:

DSC_0041.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mos :D

Guest MosCutty

Here is the Nepalese Hash plant coming out of the cloner in 7 days. Gift for Afi. :thumbsu:

DSC_0025.jpg

The Roots.

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Here is Larry a gift from a brother.

DSC_0026-1.jpg

Also 7 day roots

DSC_0029.jpg

Other ladies hanging out getting ready to work.

DSC_0039.jpg

Guest MosCutty

Looking great Mos !

Lala Bald Man's Burkle Thai ( Bubblegum x Purple Urkle x Lemon Thai) - That Sounds Amazing :thumbsu:

Official TGA Subcool Bean Tester. WoW, Nice ! :rock:

Kindbuds your a trip, LOL....Yeah I got a bunch of ladies on unemployment over here. However most don't have to work because of straight Queen status, and a few Aces as well. :thumbsu:

Thanks Mike, Lala is an amazing Breeder with many outstanding mixes. The Burkle Thai being one of them, I'm hoping to find a keeper pheno.

I see you noticed the change in Signature. Yes I have been blessed up by TGA to run there new test. Big thanks too Subcool, Dioxide and XTRPete for hooking a brotha up. :thumbsu:

I'll be firing up a Journal for the test grow as soon as the beans are on the ground. :thumbsu:

He has some new exciting crosses including Pre'98 x JTR, Green Queen x JTR, and Green Queen x Querkle which I will be testing.

Mos

Guest MosCutty

Greetings all,

So I've been moving along with some crosses by a few friends. Fall is the time when I research seed stock looking for potential Moms. I'm also working test grows this fall so cuttyville is firing on all cylinders. I always look forward to this time of year, the moment of discovery is very satisfying.

Here are the crosses by my good friend Fiftyseeds, he has some wonderful crosses and I'm happy to give him feedback.

Lavender(Soma's Cut)x Amnesia No.1

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

I'm liking the structure, nice tight nodal spacing.

DSC_0028.jpg

No.2

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

No.3

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

Archived