Growers?

Purplehaze

Where did all the growers go??

Seems this forum has headed to activism and legal talk and what not.

There seems to be no growers taking or making posts anymore.

I lost my 2 journals I started, debating whether to start them again here or not.

Is there still people here that want to read and participate in grow journals??

Just something Ive noticed for past 2 weeks.

Yes ... " Purplehaze "

We' ll get things going again ...

I 'll try starting one this Winter ....

W/ Winter getting ready to Shift Gear its hard ...

But this is when i get my rooms back to

Less Stress , Less Heat .....

I sincerely Appoligize for the inconvenience ....

Plus All the Rally's and Protest , and Meetings ...

I personal Thank You for sharing w/ Us ... :thumbsu:

Well the grow room is a place I like to call home :))

I will get my 2 going again, have some good stuff going :sword:

Plus I feel the input here from growers is what helped me get started and has helped me greatly along the way, the knowledge I learned, I like to give back to the community.

You 2 are on the front lines so much, guess its just time for others(myself) to step up and help in other ways.

Grower(caregiver and patient) Purplehaze reporting for work :lol:

Workin on it! I have a few more experiments to do. I want to make sure I have knowledge worth sharing first.

The thing about growing is that it takes so long. Three months per cycle is a long time to compile data and establish results. I only have one small bloom room so I can't carry out more than one method at a time. Right now I'm running bubble buckets which are so common here that I don't know if I have anything to add.

In my research I have come across so many journals that start with exciting experiments and about 75% never reach flowering, or even get past page 2. A lot of growers have all these great ideas but then realize they're not practical or fail for one reason or another. I killed two plants last run and one this time so that kind of info is a little embarrassing. I will share my failures along with successes in my posts though. I am, after all, a beginner.

I think the main reason for the lack of posting though is the AG's crackdown. People are more worried than ever about getting raided and thrown in jail. This kind of behavior from our elected officials brings out the activist in me too.

It probably don't help when others are criticall, or otherwise disrespectfull to thoes trying to help or post there grows.

Just because we may disagree on issues, doesn't mean its not needed.

I personally have tried to help and share my ideas, only to be talked down to by people promoting there grow shop.

It probably don't help when others are criticall, or otherwise disrespectfull to thoes trying to help or post there grows.

Just because we may disagree on issues, doesn't mean its not needed.

I personally have tried to help and share my ideas, only to be talked down to by people promoting there grow shop.

There is your root cause.....

I miss all the great info that many expert growers have posted along with many gallery photos gone. In hope that many will start posting again . I will be starting my first DWC so I might start 1 myself as I'll need all the help I can get.LOL I also miss a thread that had a lot of help finding things that helped me and others that a banded member had up, but know others will chime in and help keep me on track. Now I just need a good , forgiving genetic to start with. Have a friend willing to donate a cut, but would feel better raising it in dirt as thats how he grows and I normally grow in dirt also.

Anyone have a suggestion on beans that I might have luck with in DWC? .........Pops

Great to see there is a want for this info here still.

I have 2 I will put up this weekend.

I was told something a long time ago by a very wise old lady and it has stuck with me and I wish alot more people would do it more often.

"If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all"

In the grow room there is no need or use for pot stirrers and mischief makers, we all have different views and experiences to share, if you don't agree why rock the boat. Move on please and only give back not hurt the info flowing here.

This is just my opinion and opinions are like azzholes we all have one

Remember God Loves you and gave you today to share and live, so smile :D

Anyone have a suggestion on beans that I might have luck with in DWC? .........Pops

Any good hybrid will thrive in DWC. You definitely want to stay away from pure sativas. I've grown NL5 x Haze and Durban Poison in DWC and it was like growing a jungle vine. They grew so fast that they kept hitting the light. Even in a SCROG setup, the Haze just stretched like crazy. The best stain I've grown in RDWC was a pure Indica. If you want top production then you should buy 5-10 seeds of the strain you want and then only clone the best of the five. Not only is the strain important but the phenotype as well. Strangely most of the clones I've received from other growers have not made good mother plants. I prefer growing from seeds these days even though it takes several weeks longer.

I have some Shiskaberry beans that are dying to get into a DWC tub. Just give me a cut of each female and the males and they are yours. Would be nice to see a journal done on them if your down with that...........

Sorry it took me this long to get back with you on this . But knowing your rep as a grower I had to do a little soul searching if I could do justice with your offer. I would really like a try at it tho. I'll PM you soon to see what your thoughts are on it and more details . Thank you for this generous offer and a chance to prove to myself that I can do this :unsure: . Thank you Indica. ...Pops

I agree - this site should be balanced - when people google "Michigan Medical Marijuana" they want to know the law, how to get it, how to grow it, how to use it.

If the site is too activist, that is because the law is still being tested and worked out in some areas of the state.

This is why I had been writing posts to get people to get back to discussing medical and marijuana, too much activism, too much legalization protest can be alarming and confusing for new people coming into the MMMP.

We just need to organize the site to make it more helpful and less stressful due to all the debates and FUD.

Aand - I suspect some professional growers have gone back underground due to the recent COA ruling and LEO's use of fake cards. This means that many markets or dispensaries are being stocked by new growers, some still too new. The old professional growers I know have now signed on patients and do business CG to five patients. Some of the dispensary meds I have seen lately are very bad, dried too fast, early harvest, and pest. I agree this seemed to happen the last 30- 45 days.

DN

Well the grow room is a place I like to call home :))

I will get my 2 going again, have some good stuff going :sword:

Plus I feel the input here from growers is what helped me get started and has helped me greatly along the way, the knowledge I learned, I like to give back to the community.

You 2 are on the front lines so much, guess its just time for others(myself) to step up and help in other ways.

Grower(caregiver and patient) Purplehaze reporting for work :lol:

You got me going too man. Fear must not control us. We have done nothing wrong. I am doing another grow journal. I owe it to the 3MA. If it were not for this site, I would not have met many of you, and would not have gotten the help I needed. Life would be a little different.

:rock::bow::rock::bow:

You know, a few years back I played online games (World of Warcraft, Everquest) before my hands started losing their grace. Asking for help there, in a virtual space a in game, say with a quest or something was grueling. People would not only almost never help you, they would in fact belittle you, bombarding you with obscenities. Also a reason I don't play anymore.

But here I have experienced the opposite. This community should be proud of itself. I was a bit worried after I made the post I even thought about deleting it. I am glad I did not.

One person is giving me a bit to sample later this evening and another is going to let me do some yard work, as for the clones or seeds I can not use them just yet as my space wont be ready until late June. I am keeping it away from my home for safety.

Looks like I am well taken care of though, thanks everyone. Rest assured that I will pay such kindness forward. When I get out of this slump I will be making donations to this community. Karma FTW.

Peace and much Love, Dustin.

I always pay my debts.

Archived