Locking Threads

Medcnman

I have been on this site for a few months now and ive noticed recently that alot of threads are being locked by the Digital Nomad. When the skin changed, long hair bri caught 17 pages of flack for the new design. I never saw one thread get locked. I saw foul language used and quite a battle happening, yet not a single thread got locked. Well, its been about a week now and ive seen 7 threads get locked by the Digital Nomad and i cant figure out why. The most recent is the TSA thread. This morning I got on to check for more insight from others on this thread. I noticed a very informative article from Q-tipper about how the government transports MM to test patients. And low and behold right below that was the Digital Nomad with a comment "off topic, thread locked." I found good information in this thread while it was open!! I had posted my method of transport and found out there were safer methods than what I was using. While looking for additional information, i found the thread was locked. Yesterday morning, while on another thread, there was discussion about the TSA. The Digital Nomad also stated we were off topic and locked the thread. When Ganja Warrior asked for answers on another thread, that thread was also locked by DN right after he posted the rules of a moderator stating it was his responsibility to lock threads that got off topic and "Didnt answer the original posters question directly." yet not 10 minutes prior, The DIgital Nomad himself posted on another thread, and I quote, " I know this is off topic, but......" and then continued to tell the story about how he proposed to his wife. The topic was "looking to vaca down state". Not "How i proposed to my wife". Although a very cool story, it was off topic and did not answer the original posters question. So i must ask, why do you keep locking threads based on your opinion? Since you obviously get "off topic" quite often. Is this an abuse of your newly received power as a Mod? I think so. I was getting useful information on traveling from med state to med state and you locked the thread because YOU felt it was "off topic". Q-tipper put a great comment on that thread and you locked it. Which in turn, stopped me from receiving vital information about how i transport my meds from one location to another. I saw no arguing or bickering in the thread. Even the shot I took on a post only enlightened me as to other methods of transport. Your constant locking of threads based on your "opinion" needs to stop. Your screwing us out of information and thats what this site is here for. I agree, some things do get out of hand but if Long Hair Bri can take what he took without locking a thread, you need to stop and check yourself before you lock another. I used to think highly of your comments and info in this site but now that you have become a Mod, i feel your just a bias individual with an agenda of your own. Sounds like someone we are already fighting to get removed from their position of power (BS). So i am asking that you stop locking threads because you and only you feel its off topic. Thank -you, Medcnman.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on that, I haven't kept track of how many it was but I was who "took a shot at you" BTW I didn't mean to make you feel that way just suprised at your methods but thats besides the point. If anything the two tsa threads should have been joined so anyone needing info could get it all. Now a search of tsa or tsa policy yields nothing useful for people who are curious as to where if the threads wern't locked we'd have useful information, the whole point to the message board. Oh well I don't think this thread is going to change anything but I wanted to support you and show you're not the only one who thinks this maybe they'll take our opinion into account? Who knows I wouldn't be suprised if this gets locked up in the next hour

I'm with you on that, I haven't kept track of how many it was but I was who "took a shot at you" BTW I didn't mean to make you feel that way just suprised at your methods but thats besides the point. If anything the two tsa threads should have been joined so anyone needing info could get it all. Now a search of tsa or tsa policy yields nothing useful for people who are curious as to where if the threads wern't locked we'd have useful information, the whole point to the message board. Oh well I don't think this thread is going to change anything but I wanted to support you and show you're not the only one who thinks this maybe they'll take our opinion into account? Who knows I wouldn't be suprised if this gets locked up in the next hour

No offense taken my friend. But before the TSA thread popped up, i didnt know any other methods of transport. That thread gave me a fair amount of info and thats why i came back to it this morning, only to find it locked by DN. He locked both TSA threads! I would have liked to have gotten some more info out of it too. Now i'm dangling half way between open honesty and shipping it. Not a place someone should be left hanging! Thanks! Medcnman.

censorship everywhere....im bout done trying i cant talk with out thread getting locked

:notfair:

Come On ' GanjaWarrior '

Honest to God ....

Things we get Better ....

I fully Understand You ....

I wanna hear what you have to say ...

As Long as We Stay Respectable to each other ....

Folks. We fully appreciate your views. and we truly respect your voices.

Part of our jobs as mods is to keep things moving in a forward manor here on the 3MA.

needless to say, this is a tricky scenario at many stages.

Please understand the goal here is to have open conversations and propel this movement forward.

we need to be able to communicate to spark the seeds of inspiration and invention.

thing is, as mods we are human, and thus we are not perfect.

locking threads is a necessary evil. it comes with a forum. occasionally we find a situation that is like an oxy-moron. when these situations come up, there will be a work around needed. such are the days of our forum lives.

i see what is going on. DN locked that thread, as there was a TSA thread started already. i believe the intention was to use the original TSA flying thread for discussions.

what i will do, is merge the locked thread with the original tsa thread.

in light of this, it seems to be a mis understanding in why the thread was locked. it wasnt locked due to anything other than wanting to get the orignal TSA utilized.

DN is a good guy. he volenteers for MOCC. attends every event and protest. is an advocate for patients and caregivers. he's here to help.

action speaks louder than words(or keystrokes). get off your couch and become active in our community. we need the help

Yah, I know when I'm at an MOCC event I feel its as secure as its gonna get with DN at the door or gate.

I was really able to kick back and relax at the MOCC Harvest Fest this year. :thumbsu:

I haven't felt his heavy hand much in the forums, but I think there is a cleansing occuring, a deliberate effort by MMMA reps to re-enforce the primacy of the medical use of marijuana, and the importance of creating and supporting a local, Michigan grown supply of medicine, that is operated by the caregivers and patients of Michigan as the ACT itself states.

That's my take anyway...

ok, Flying and TSA threads have been merged and are open for discussion.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35380-man-tests-tsa-policy-allowing-patients-to-fly-with-with-medical-marijuana/page__st__40__gopid__339088#entry339088

we need to be directed toward Medical Cannabis. that is what the Law is, and that is the 3MA focus. that must remain the focus with the main goal being helping patients with their medical use of cannabis, and all that goes with it.

Open discussion is key to education, and keeping patients & caregivers safe.

how do you 'run a site'? So what if its off topic? Then we are stuck with many threads that become useless for the public to search and get straight answers. If you guys want a site that has value, more than just entertainment, you have to look at the content we produce. You guys produce the content, the mods have to help preserve the information inside it - the original poster of the TSA thread was ok with what I did.

I can understand if people complain if I close their thread, but it was a thread created by someone else, for the site.

I thank for everyone that got my back, who understand what I do. For those who are having trouble, take a moment, step back and see the big picture - the MMM.org site is for Michigan, and it contains history. I would hate to lose all that history in a mass of threads that lost their meaning. Do you want the site to have a future? Do you want it to have a easy to search database of topics and threads that are easy to read, get to the point? You can still post in the personal areas, you can still post "My thread on what I like to do", you can still talk about legalization. So all this upset, I think is personal, you guys need to consider the site as a whole, the site as a community that has order in a disorderly world.

Lastly, I am just one person. There are many people on the staff, they can advise me, or even override my locks and edits.

PMs are open now, maybe some of this converstation you can take up in private with me.

DN

been here since the start . people should respect one another , locking threads just because is not the way to run a site, so what if its off topic,

I'd have to agree. I'd like anyone to point me to a thread that ever was 100% on topic. Heavy-handed tactics around here are what has pushed so many people away. Locking threads, banning people, pinning personal agendas...

What happened to free-thinking? What happened to allowing each to have his own opinion? Granted this isn't a publicly owned site but so many on here push democratic ideals and being pro-patient but then do this kind of stuff. Let's not forget that "patient" is not some imagined being. Probably better than 9 times out of 10 the people being banned are patients. What happened to compassion and pro-patient advocacy?

I'd have to agree. I'd like anyone to point me to a thread that ever was 100% on topic. Heavy-handed tactics around here are what has pushed so many people away. Locking threads, banning people, pinning personal agendas...

What happened to free-thinking? What happened to allowing each to have his own opinion? Granted this isn't a publicly owned site but so many on here push democratic ideals and being pro-patient but then do this kind of stuff. Let's not forget that "patient" is not some imagined being. Probably better than 9 times out of 10 the people being banned are patients. What happened to compassion and pro-patient advocacy?

I can point you to sites that keep threads on topic. If you say 'no topic here was ever 100%" what is wrong with asking for the members to try to keep on topic?

This is funny - how many topics did I lock? maybe 4. maybe 5.

How many topics were locked before I came here? sure some more.

I wish we could show you all the spam and hate stuff that gets printed here - and you guys never see it.

I don't believe for one minute that two or three upset people are speaking for the whole forum. I am betting that there are plenty of people afraid to post here, because they were afraid of the responses. I am betting that people want to be able to find a topic, with a clear Q & A, rather than sit around a forum all day, waiting for someone to reply to yet another similar post, stiff through all the sidetalk, and backtalk. Is it really wrong for this 'public site' (paid for by other people) to ask for some help and cooperation????

"you got enemies? Good, that meant you stood up for something" - Winston Churchhill.

DN

I stand behind my post 100%. i posted that I was doing something illegal and had no clue that there was an alternative option. If you read thru the threads, you would have seen that i went from doing something illegal, to learning another option that was seemingly legal. The last post in tye thread was about the ways our government transports MM. This I find very helpful so that I may be able to turn it back on LEO if ever I have a problem with this new option that I may try on my next flight to Cali. Then the thread was locked. So i went looking for the other thread. It was already locked when I got there. Therefore cutting me off from information that may allow me to move forward legally in the future. I have gotten a ton of information from this site in the last few months. And when i can, i try to give it back. I have never disrespected any member of this community and those who have met me at the market would agree that im a very compassionate person. But when information that i need and rely on gets cut off because someone thinks the topic got off track, i think i have the right to question the decision. Thank you Timmah for unlocking the thread. I have said what I have to say on this topc. Medcnman.

I can point you to sites that keep threads on topic. If you say 'no topic here was ever 100%" what is wrong with asking for the members to try to keep on topic?

This is funny - how many topics did I lock? maybe 4. maybe 5.

How many topics were locked before I came here? sure some more.

I wish we could show you all the spam and hate stuff that gets printed here - and you guys never see it.

I don't believe for one minute that two or three upset people are speaking for the whole forum. I am betting that there are plenty of people afraid to post here, because they were afraid of the responses. I am betting that people want to be able to find a topic, with a clear Q & A, rather than sit around a forum all day, waiting for someone to reply to yet another similar post, stiff through all the sidetalk, and backtalk. Is it really wrong for this 'public site' (paid for by other people) to ask for some help and cooperation????

"you got enemies? Good, that meant you stood up for something" - Winston Churchhill.

DN

By no means was I pointing a finger at you. I'm just saying that the reason A LOT of good people have left this site was due to these types of problems. I used to visit here tons because there was so much to read and there was healthy debate. It seems anymore that the healthy debate has turned into, "it's my way or the highway." Once someone disagrees with someone in power they get the old ban. The unfortunate thing is that this site had so much potential but the talent keeps fleeing. And the people leaving are not bad people and I think we all know that. They are good people who happen to disagree on certain issues so they get blasted here and banned. Inevitably all of those people have started other websites. Some of those sites are darn good and probably will end up rivaling this site in terms of visits within a few months. That's unfortunate.

I will continue to patronize this site until it degrades to the point that the good material is outweighed by a few people's opinions.

I think if a few people would swallow their pride this site could be so much more...

I wouldn't be surprised to get banned now. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of good people out there that do a lot of good for the cause and just because they don't stand on a soapbox or get the publicity doesn't mean they are not putting their money, time, etc. into this...

By no means was I pointing a finger at you. I'm just saying that the reason A LOT of good people have left this site was due to these types of problems. I used to visit here tons because there was so much to read and there was healthy debate. It seems anymore that the healthy debate has turned into, "it's my way or the highway." Once someone disagrees with someone in power they get the old ban. The unfortunate thing is that this site had so much potential but the talent keeps fleeing. And the people leaving are not bad people and I think we all know that. They are good people who happen to disagree on certain issues so they get blasted here and banned. Inevitably all of those people have started other websites. Some of those sites are darn good and probably will end up rivaling this site in terms of visits within a few months. That's unfortunate.

I will continue to patronize this site until it degrades to the point that the good material is outweighed by a few people's opinions.

I think if a few people would swallow their pride this site could be so much more...

I wouldn't be surprised to get banned now. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of good people out there that do a lot of good for the cause and just because they don't stand on a soapbox or get the publicity doesn't mean they are not putting their money, time, etc. into this...

""I will continue to patronize this site until it degrades to the point that the good material is outweighed by a few people's opinions. ""

thank you.

Lastly, this issue of people being banned or edited over politics or personal vendettas - that was in the past, and those who did this are gone or have reduced mod priviledges. Again, some people were banned because they chose to attack others in PM - something you guys in the forum cannot see, we can. So I can understand, some people did not get the whole story - they thought a ban was over a post, most are more than that.

And why did you expect to get banned?

DN

Archived