Blueberry And Medcnman Are Headed To Lansing!

Medcnman

Hello folks! This Thursday, Blueberry and I will be meeting with Rep. Mike Callton. Mr Callton is the co-sponsor of House Bill 4850 which would deteriorate the patient/caregiver model as we know it. Farmers Markets would no longer be available to patients without caregivers or those that are not able to grow for themselves. Patients will be left to find their meds in unscrupulous ways that will land them in jail. If any member would like us to adress anything in particular, please let us know. We will be covering a wide area of debate during our meeting with Mr. Callton so i'm sure most of your concerns will be covered. Please feel free to post your questions here. We are unsure of our time limit for this meeting so please keep them short, sweet, clean and to the point. Thank you ALL for being members of this wonderful community. Medcnman.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain crop failure to him, then ask him how are we as law abiding patients supposed to acquire medicine?

Thanks

Ilynnboy

When was the last time he has had to wait 2-3 months for a prescription refill?

While I am asking questions, if they make us bind ourselves to a caregiver, why limit yourself to one supplier? Why not a network of caregivers?

Please explain crop failure to him, then ask him how are we as law abiding patients supposed to acquire medicine?

Thanks

Ilynnboy

When was the last time he has had to wait 2-3 months for a prescription refill?

You got it my friend. I have posed this question to him before and it will be brought up again. Thanks, Medcnman.

good luck up there guys! sending you some positive vibes... ;-)

i have a question... in the town hall meetings, our governor stated that his job is to uphold the laws & interests of michiganders... not the federal government or any other outside interests... saw him emphasize this point on television. however, he has appointed an attorney general that is explicit in his belief that the federal law is of paramount importance, and that michigan state officials should uphold those federal laws over the ones initiated by the people of this very state. he has in fact ordered the state police to uphold federal law & to disregard state law. seeing that the governor primarily represents michigander will & interests, why are his appointed officials not on the same page? and what is he doing to curtail the special interests of his staff? are they not accountable to the word of the governor? or are there seperate rules when one is not on television?

good luck up there guys! sending you some positive vibes... ;-)

i have a question... in the town hall meetings, our governor stated that his job is to uphold the laws & interests of michiganders... not the federal government or any other outside interests... saw him emphasize this point on television. however, he has appointed an attorney general that is explicit in his belief that the federal law is of paramount importance, and that michigan state officials should uphold those federal laws over the ones initiated by the people of this very state. he has in fact ordered the state police to uphold federal law & to disregard state law. seeing that the governor primarily represents michigander will & interests, why are his appointed officials not on the same page? and what is he doing to curtail the special interests of his staff? are they not accountable to the word of the governor? or are there seperate rules when one is not on television?

Bill Schutte is an elected official. We can vote him out of office. I have voiced my concern about federal law being upheld by a state. The reps i have spoken to agree this shouldnt involve federal law. Medcnman.

perhaps ask how a patient visiting from out of state is supposed to acquire medicine after they cross into Michigan ....

we've all heard this argument and it's totally valid. A better one is the case of a patient under 18 where their parent is required to act as caregiver. What happens if the family lives in a place where growing is not possible? The family has to have some legal place to get medicine.

Mike

perhaps ask how a patient visiting from out of state is supposed to acquire medicine after they cross into Michigan ....

Funny you should mention that! In HB 4850, which is co-sponsored by Mr. Callton, it states clearly that we can assist a qualifying patient that possesses a valid registry card issued from another legal medical marijuana state in obtaining and using medical marihuana without prosecution. 6 lines down it says we will go to jail. The House Bills are poorly written and only cause more of these so called "grey areas". We oppose any changes to the law as it is written. Thank-You, Medcnman.

Well I think it's all been said & you guys got it covered but I'll throw my 2cents in there ;)

The part that says , "...Ineligible to assert a defense.. and the department shall permanantly revoke the registry ID card...." That is unacceptable. Revocation of the card, and taking away the right to the defense, contradict the will and intent of the voters. From what BB posted of the MI Constitution they should go by plain language and the way I understood it as a voter, was if there is a "Primary" caregiver than there should be other, secondary caregivers, as well. Besides if Patient A can possess mmj and Caregiver B can also possess mmj, then why on earth can't they transfer it?!

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

What is the point of this if patient to patient or caregiver isn't allowed? Doesn't this imply that sales between patients is allowed? On a side note I think this is the only Michigan law that addresses MJ sales, all others refer to delivery, distribution or transfer and not specifically sales.

Mike

Well I think it's all been said & you guys got it covered but I'll throw my 2cents in there ;)

The part that says , "...Ineligible to assert a defense.. and the department shall permanantly revoke the registry ID card...." That is unacceptable. Revocation of the card, and taking away the right to the defense, contradict the will and intent of the voters. From what BB posted of the MI Constitution they should go by plain language and the way I understood it as a voter, was if there is a "Primary" caregiver than there should be other, secondary caregivers, as well. Besides if Patient A can possess mmj and Caregiver B can also possess mmj, then why on earth can't they transfer it?!

I agree! This is an underhanded attemp to make every single patient illegal. When all the patients are felons there will be no need for a law. And if I have it and you need it and are allowed to have it, and I'm willing to give it to you, why should you have to go to a dispensary? The answer is in the pockets waiting to be lined with whats left of our money after attorney fees and court costs. Thank you SB! Medcnman.

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

What is the point of this if patient to patient or caregiver isn't allowed? Doesn't this imply that sales between patients is allowed? On a side note I think this is the only Michigan law that addresses MJ sales, all others refer to delivery, distribution or transfer and not specifically sales.

Mike

Its pretty clear to me my friend. Its illegal to sell marijauan to some one who is NOT allowed to possess it. That, to me, says its ok to sell it to someone who IS allowed to possess it. Crazy huh! I just dont see what our legislation doesnt see. The law is clear. It needs to remain that way. Thank-you, Medcnman.

I agree! This is an underhanded attemp to make every single patient illegal. When all the patients are felons there will be no need for a law. And if I have it and you need it and are allowed to have it, and I'm willing to give it to you, why should you have to go to a dispensary? The answer is in the pockets waiting to be lined with whats left of our money after attorney fees and court costs. Thank you SB! Medcnman.

i think more people should go to the court rooms and they can find all the Answers their

Its pretty clear to me my friend. Its illegal to sell marijauan to some one who is NOT allowed to possess it. That, to me, says its ok to sell it to someone who IS allowed to possess it. Crazy huh! I just dont see what our legislation doesnt see. The law is clear. It needs to remain that way. Thank-you, Medcnman.

well what you say maybe true but we are not the ones it's the judge's i have heard them say many times if you are not their caregiver then you can't give them Meds

If the law had been implemented according to the will of the voters, no patient or no caregiver, would be subject to arrest if they were within the weights and measures and complied with section 7. Even if there was a violation the section 8 defense would be available for any offense involving marijuana. Sadly the government did not like the law. So the did not implement. The result of this is cases like Bob&Torey. The doctor screws up. The patient faces the full force of the state. I am hopeful that the legislature will see the plight of the sick and dying and intervene on our behalf. No other interest group should receive consideration before patients and caregivers. Thanks, Bb

when are Doc testified we had are case dismissed the judge at the time did good he followed the letter of this Law it's the J cooper's that are making it hard for us all we must keep fighting the good fight for are Law that the good people of this State give us

ask em about the time we should get our hard cards...3-5 months ?? that's moo poo their is no reason they cannot get more printers with all the funds they get from new certs etctec

I will be asking this question on friday when i meet with Rep. Bill Rogers. He is the appropriations chair for the MM program. Medcnman.

I think we have great representation here. I am confident that you guys will do an excellent job.

I have been in a few meetings now with my reps and I will give you a small bit of advice. Make an agenda. We are all very passionate on these topics and can speak of the injustices in great detail, and that can be a problem. Before the meeting, prioritize the issues that you need to raise, make a meeting agenda, and then allot a certain number of minutes to each issue. At the meeting, stay very aware of the time and move between issues as the clock moves. It is very easy to get immersed in a single issue at the expense of the others.

I think we have great representation here. I am confident that you guys will do an excellent job.

I have been in a few meetings now with my reps and I will give you a small bit of advice. Make an agenda. We are all very passionate on these topics and can speak of the injustices in great detail, and that can be a problem. Before the meeting, prioritize the issues that you need to raise, make a meeting agenda, and then allot a certain number of minutes to each issue. At the meeting, stay very aware of the time and move between issues as the clock moves. It is very easy to get immersed in a single issue at the expense of the others.

I have quite an agenda. Blueberry and I will be having our own meeting before the meeting with the rep to ensure we have the agenda properly prioitized. Thank you for being active my friend! We need your voice! Medcnman.

Archived