I Am In Need Of A High Cbd Plant

Ezrah

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is more than one issue at play. the first is PB is well meaning and a bit sloppy. It is perfectly reasonable in any kind of medical endeavor to have some sort of detail about the substance. So my internal question is "Was he full of sh#t or confused? Or is he just trying to be the hero and guessing the content of the mmj? Or is he completely correct and was simply forgetful? I like to know who I am dealing with based on what a person actually does. I have an MS patient who would most likely benefit from the high cbd mmj. He smoked a j of high cbd plant material (no I do not have the plant) and found it reduced the pain in his arms very well. He gets some relief from other strains none of which are high cbd but having a high cbd plant in the medical arsenal is probably a good idea. I get nothing from this patient by my choice ( he never asked or assumed that he was entitled). So I am not interested for the $ so please no grief about that.

I will either have it tested (does anyone know of a delivery site for this in A2 Brighton. Otherwise I have to have it done in Lansing unless I go up to Traverse City where Herbal Elements (I know them) is located. I am just not geeked on a 500 mile ride.

I think it is reasonable to ask for substantiation of content esp if claims about that content are made. the benefit is for my patient.

It has been tested! Dont know the proper name of the lab, i think it is in Gaylord area not sure. I will find out the proper name of said lab mrd and I will post it for you. The man who runs it is Dan. He does testing for my family up north as my granddaughter has brain cancer and is on RSO. The lab tests oil and plant material to ensure my granddaughter is ingesting quality meds. This is a great service that Dan is providing for the sick. Thank you to Dan for looking out for my family! Again mrd the lab results in the pic I attached was from PB's Blue Cough oil extraction prior to the seed being found. The numbers I typed are the numbers given over the phone to my daughter from the lab after testing the oil from the seed that PB found. I can only do with what I have. Sorry if this cut does not meet your expectations. Oh by the way the plant from the single bean that PB found is female and did not herm through the whole cycle and finished good but they harvested too early. That was the mistake. I feel in the right hands she will do good for a patients needs. This strain shows enough CBD and THC to be a viable cancer killer.

Well there is more than one issue at play. the first is PB is well meaning and a bit sloppy. It is perfectly reasonable in any kind of medical endeavor to have some sort of detail about the substance. So my internal question is "Was he full of sh#t or confused? Or is he just trying to be the hero and guessing the content of the mmj? Or is he completely correct and was simply forgetful? I like to know who I am dealing with based on what a person actually does. I have an MS patient who would most likely benefit from the high cbd mmj. He smoked a j of high cbd plant material (no I do not have the plant) and found it reduced the pain in his arms very well. He gets some relief from other strains none of which are high cbd but having a high cbd plant in the medical arsenal is probably a good idea. I get nothing from this patient by my choice ( he never asked or assumed that he was entitled). So I am not interested for the $ so please no grief about that.

I will either have it tested (does anyone know of a delivery site for this in A2 Brighton. Otherwise I have to have it done in Lansing unless I go up to Traverse City where Herbal Elements (I know them) is located. I am just not geeked on a 500 mile ride.

I think it is reasonable to ask for substantiation of content esp if claims about that content are made. the benefit is for my patient.

Arborside in A2 has a Quanta-cann tester, I have never used this service, but know people that have. They have said good things about it.

It has been tested! Dont know the proper name of the lab, i think it is in Gaylord area not sure. I will find out the proper name of said lab mrd and I will post it for you. The man who runs it is Dan. He does testing for my family up north as my granddaughter has brain cancer and is on RSO. The lab tests oil and plant material to ensure my granddaughter is ingesting quality meds. This is a great service that Dan is providing for the sick. Thank you to Dan for looking out for my family! Again mrd the lab results in the pic I attached was from PB's Blue Cough oil extraction prior to the seed being found. The numbers I typed are the numbers given over the phone to my daughter from the lab after testing the oil from the seed that PB found. I can only do with what I have. Sorry if this cut does not meet your expectations. Oh by the way the plant from the single bean that PB found is female and did not herm through the whole cycle and finished good but they harvested too early. That was the mistake. I feel in the right hands she will do good for a patients needs. This strain shows enough CBD and THC to be a viable cancer killer.

http://northernlabservices.com/

Arborside in A2 has a Quanta-cann tester, I have never used this service, but know people that have. They have said good things about it.

I've been wondering about that Quanta-cann test. The main website says (or said, the last time I checked) very little about how it works, what it tests for, etc. I'd be real interested in some independent comparisons against HPLC for at least the primary components of interest here.

z

Great I will call them and see if they know the score. I will post the results if I get them.

Yes please mrd I would appreciate any help given to shed some light on this strain. I will PM you with some personal info to help gain access to the information from NL if it is needed at all, not sure. Thanks for your help. Peace

Update: we have been able to get 12 cuttings to pass out at this time. Once everyone has their cut they can be passed further to others. I will alert those who requested a cut when well rooted. Also if you would like to make a donation to the MMA it would be much appreciated but I leave this up to your discretion.

There are 5 cuts left.

Edited by roofratMI

I was contacted by someone via this site who gave me id info to use with Northern labs service. I called and spoke to Dan T###Y who told me that did receive the Blue cough via the folks who contacted me and that the ratio of THC/CBD was 3/10 that is 3.333 parts CBD to one part THC.

So PB was wrong on the accuracy of the results reported but certainly is correct that it is a high CBD plant. So good on him!

So I will do a plant count and do some cloning. When roots are observed I will mention it. It is not going to be a huge yielder sorta leafy.I will do a report on the finished material when I personally test it and I will run it by the MS patient I have.

Although i have no chain of custody everything i have heard seems to indicate , Same source, that I probably have the same plant.

I do not have the actual thc CBD levels because the testing was done on leaf thus the potential levels were not likely reached.

Edited by mrd

Cool!

I'd like to call attention to the high CBG level in this plant, 3.1%. It could have novel applications.

Cannabigerol (CBG) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in the Cannabis genus of plants. Cannabigerol is found in higher concentrations in hemp rather than in varieties of Cannabis with high THC content (the kind used as a drug).[citation needed]

Cannabigerol has been found to act as a high affinity α2-adrenergic receptor agonist, moderate affinity 5-HT1A receptor antagonist, and low affinity CB1 receptor antagonist.[1] It also binds to the CB2 receptor, but whether it acts as an agonist or antagonist at this site is unknown.[1]

Cannabigerol has been shown to relieve intraoccular pressure, which may be of benefit in the treatment of glaucoma.[2][3]

Some of the >66 known Phytocannabinoids:

cbg-type_cyclization_of_cannabinoids.png?w=150&h=85CBG (Cannabigerol): Non-psychoactive, sleep inducing. Anti-microbial. Lowers intra-ocular pressure (IOP) Glaucoma. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences Volume 30, Issue 10, October 2009, Pages 515-527

Interesting thread Cannabigerol in depth

Enzyme catalyzed olivetolic acid (OA) condense reacts with geranylpyrophosphate (GPP) to yield CBG (Cannabigerol). CBG (Cannabigerol) is the direct precursor for CBD (Cannabidiol) and CBC (Cannabichromene). THC is now considered to be derived directly from CBG in all cannabis strains.
Edited by MightyMightyMezz

I've been wondering about that Quanta-cann test. The main website says (or said, the last time I checked) very little about how it works, what it tests for, etc. I'd be real interested in some independent comparisons against HPLC for at least the primary components of interest here.

z

It uses NIR (near infrared spectroscopy). Basically it sweeps a range of wavelengths, measures the absorbance at each, and then uses a database calibrated from HPLC/GC/moisture content data to calculate the potency.

Cool!

I'd like to call attention to the high CBG level in this plant, 3.1%. It could have novel applications.

The 3.1% CBG was based a total potency of 67% cannabinoids (14.8% THC / 48.4% CBD / 0.4% CBN / 3.1% CBG), which means that CBG only makes up 4.6% of the total cannabinoids present, not something that I would focus on too much. If this were 3.1% CBG out of 15% total cannabinoids, then the CBG would make up 20% of the cannabinoids present, which would be much more noteworthy. You're spot on though that CBGA is the common precursor to THCA, CBDA, and CBCA, which are formed by distinct synthase enzymes within the cannabis plant.

The 3.1% CBG was based a total potency of 67% cannabinoids (14.8% THC / 48.4% CBD / 0.4% CBN / 3.1% CBG), which means that CBG only makes up 4.6% of the total cannabinoids present, not something that I would focus on too much. If this were 3.1% CBG out of 15% total cannabinoids, then the CBG would make up 20% of the cannabinoids present, which would be much more noteworthy. You're spot on though that CBGA is the common precursor to THCA, CBDA, and CBCA, which are formed by distinct synthase enzymes within the cannabis plant.

Thanks Cannalytics for your expertise and mrd for validating my posted numbers.

From what I've seen CBG is usually less than 1% so that would be more than a 300% increase over a normal plant. ^_^ Do you get a lot of higher ones? Let me check your site... :geek:

Waah you don't have CBG! :( Hmm, maybe that is why you don't think it is anything special huh? :))

Just playin'. It's cool, Cannalytics, it's cool. :P But I mean if it does turn out to be an efficacious dose that would be icing on the cake right? It would be great to be able to deliver an effective glaucoma-relieving strain to those who need it as well as the cancer and MS patients and everyone else who needs CBD.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

From what I've seen CBG is usually less than 1% so that would be more than a 300% increase over a normal plant. ^_^ Do you get a lot of higher ones? Let me check your site... :geek:

Waah you don't have CBG! :( Hmm, maybe that is why you don't think it is anything special huh? :))

Just playin'. It's cool, Cannalytics, it's cool. :P But I mean if it does turn out to be an efficacious dose that would be icing on the cake right? It would be great to be able to deliver an effective glaucoma-relieving strain to those who need it as well as the cancer and MS patients and everyone else who needs CBD.

My granddaughter is ingesting the RSO made from this Blue Cough and she loves it. Way better than all the concoctions she has been ingesting for over 6 months now. She functions better and is having no nauseam issues. She goes to school and passed drive ed. to get her permit. The Blue Cough RSO is working out beautifully for my young girl! So far in dealing with a child with brain cancer this has been the best RSO to date. Another good one that worked well on my granddaughter is called Spider Kush but hard to find. This strain made good oil too that did not upset the patient. So anyone who has access to Spider Kush look into it for treating cancer and pass out some cuts. Good luck to all.

I would like to thank PB for putting this strain in my hands. He saved my granddaughters life with his work! How can I ever thank him enough? I will honor PB and pass this strain to all those who request it. Kill the CANCER! :sword:

There are 2 cuts left to claim at this time. More to come in the future as all those who are given cuts will be circulating them as well. Pass em out and KILL CANCER! :sword: If you can please make a donation to the MMA site in the name of Blue Cough!

Edited by roofratMI

We can do CBG quantifications but it requires ~30 minutes per sample rather than 10 minutes per sample so we usually only perform the more detailed analysis if the 10 minute run warrants further investigation. The shorter run time combines CBD and CBG but the amount of CBG is typically negligible so only results with a large CBD+CBG peak get the detailed analysis to identify which cannabinoid is the major constituent. My main point was to focus on the ratios and not so much the percentages when you're looking for rare cannabinoids but I'm glad that we're all learning together about which phenotypes have which chemical profiles and how each profile may be more efficacious for a particular condition.

I would like to know the lab I know the folks at Herbal elements in case that where it was done. The picture of the herbal elements label was on the oil that PB made. I want to see the orig. Sorry about being a hardass but there is so much musical chairs going on with genetics in mi and who knows else where. All of a sudden I'm from Missouri.

Where was the testing done?

It was flagged by cannalytics in raw herb form. Green Bees in Ann Arbor had it in stock.

I heard about the strain from the Green Bee folks and bought every bit I could.

It was just in time for a bout with my bladder cancer.

I took a sample of the oil produced from the bud and had it run at Herbal Elements.

I wanted a second lab involved to confirm high CBD content.

From this bud, three seeds fell out. One of which germinated.

From the testing results listed, it looks like the child is very similar to the mother. I expected this as the bud hermied and selfed.

Edited by peanutbutter

All cuts are spoken for at this time. There will be more in the future as the members pass the genetics along and I will take more cuts off of the new mom in the near future. But that is all for now. I will PM all those who have requested cuts when they are well rooted. Remember to donate to the MMA in the name of Blue Cough. KILL CANCER :sword:

All cuts are spoken for at this time. There will be more in the future as the members pass the genetics along and I will take more cuts off of the new mom in the near future. But that is all for now. I will PM all those who have requested cuts when they are well rooted. Remember to donate to the MMA in the name of Blue Cough. KILL CANCER :sword:

Rock on. I'll test the leaves of mine as soon as it arrives to reconfirm its CBD-richness. I will be sure to post the results here for everyone else to see.

I want to publicly thank Iwood, he stepped forward meet me at the Jackson market and offered me a clone. He is going to do some testing on what he will be harvesting and I will do the same if this strain shows to have a high CBD characteristic I will be sure to make it avail to people. Hey Cannalytics I hope I am still on your list, I hope what you are offering is able to come down in required donation.

Regards,

Ezrah