Say No To The Current Legalization Effort!

Here is the text of the initiative.

Nothing to suggest anything you're worried about would come to be - your fears are unfounded. :)

He is right about the desire on the part of the professionals to cater to the big money dispensary owners . I have heard it discussed with excitement at the legal professionals symposium . We need to get cannabis legalized to protect patients and citizens from our out of control penalties here in Michigan and defend against loosing grow rights . Don't forget the Clarion this Friday at 8. 30 pm has a free petition education class after the Mi Norml quarterly meeting .

My viewpoint is solely on patient care. I advocate for patients.

How does the legalization movement HURT patients?

1) Patients would not have to register. Thus, the information would not be accessible through LEO. When someone buys cigarettes or alcohol, they do not get flagged and subject to possible search, seizure, or arrest. I never had to register with my anti-spasmatic medications. Patients personal information would not be subcontracted out because LARA cannot issue cards fast enough. People would not be arrested because LARA took to long to get their cards and they only have paperwork.

2) Patients would not have to wait weeks to find a certification clinic & pay a fee to be certified (or pay for their records). They would not be subject to arrest if their doctor does not perform their duties properly. Severely ill patients who need immediate medication would not have to wait upwards of a month to be able to obtain medication. If patients are not allowed safe access other than from their own caregivers, (which to my knowledge is NOT on the chopping block, but with our Reefer Madness government, I wouldn't put it past them to do at some point), patients would have to wait 4-5 months before obtaining their first medication. I am sure Miss Stage 4 Cancer patient going through chemo & radiation should not have to wait that long for relief, let alone patients that want to use RSO to cure their cancer.

3) It would not have to be in a locked box, in the trunk, inaccessable from the interior of the vehicle. Heaven forbid marijuana patients/users, medical or recreational, be looked at as human beings. I has been years since I have purchased a drop of alcohol. I do know that I was allowed to have it in my front passenger seat. Same with prescription medications. I drove around with those in my purse. The same purse I brought inside of churches, schools, wrestling meets, shopping. Cannabis is medicine; the laws need to reflect that.

4) Many patients have low income or are not working because of their condition. They cpuld simply plant a seed in the ground and grow their own. If they do not want to do so, because the number of people growing would rise if it was legalized, the cost of the cannabis would lower. That would also make medicine more affordable to people in need. Rick Simpson Oil would also be much easier to obtain. It takes a large amount of cannabis to make RSO. If more people were allowed to grow as much or as little as they want, almost anyone could create the oil. Bye bye Cancer.It seems to simple to me. If they are going to gut the MMMA of 2008 with continual bills, why wouldn't a patient want legalization to occur? Maybe it is a radical thought.

Legalization would help patients. End of story.

I agree thank you for writing that and don't forget for those who come to the Hash Bash a day early on Friday there will be a free Signature Gathering Petition Class with like minded individuals at the Clarion after the Mi Normal Meeting 8 30 pm right next to the east bound entrance ramp to 1 94 mile marker 172 .

. It is about a 1/4 mile west of the highway on the North Side of Jackson Rd Ann Arbor about 3 miles West of Downtown . Hash Bash at Noon The next day . It is a wonderful facility . They still need a few hundred thousand signatures time is running out . The only way to clear the books of all zero tolerance laws injuring patients and otherwise law abiding citizens is to put this on the ballot . The legislators will be to afraid to ever do what is necessary to roll back zero tolerance laws that are entrenched in the MCL code . This will whipe it clean and force discussion for any policies moving forward .

I agree thank you for writing that and don't forget for those who come to the Hash Bash a day early on Friday there will be a free Signature Gathering Petition Class with like minded individuals at the Clarion after the Mi Normal Meeting 8 30 pm right next to the east bound entrance ramp to 1 94 mile marker 172 .

. It is about a 1/4 mile west of the highway on the North Side of Jackson Rd Ann Arbor about 3 miles West of Downtown . Hash Bash at Noon The next day . It is a wonderful facility . They still need a few hundred thousand signatures time is running out . The only way to clear the books of all zero tolerance laws injuring patients and otherwise law abiding citizens is to put this on the ballot . The legislators will be to afraid to ever do what is necessary to roll back zero tolerance laws that are entrenched in the MCL code . This will whipe it clean and force discussion for any policies moving forward .

i too agree but imho it won't happen but i also support it of corse and we should be fighting for what we do have the State and Bill S will not let it on the ballot

All the legalization effort would do is repeal ALL marijuana laws. You would be free to do whatever you want. Don't want to buy it from the superstore? You can still grow it yourself. There's no way it'd be 400/ounce if it were legal, in California mmj is hard to sell for 200/oz these days I hear.

CURRENT US PRICE INDEX: $341 (last month: $315; year to date: $324)

CURRENT KIND INDEX ($350+ PER OZ): $414 ($402, $406)

CURRENT MIDS INDEX ($150–$349 PER OZ): $282 ($289, $276)

CURRENT SCHWAG INDEX ($1–$149 PER OZ): $79 ($105, $102)

CALIFORNIA

Sacramento - Sour Diesel: $275

San Diego - Purple Bubba Kush: $350

San Jose - Cherry Bomb: $225, Querkle: $250

San Francisco - Headband: $360

avg price $292

MICHIGAN

Detroit - Super Lemon Haze: $375

Holland - White Rhino: $400

avg price $388 -not at FM !

c/o High Times - more prices

as of March 2012

I think those numbers are off, probably too few data points, some being dispensary prices. I'm hearing from California growers that they're sitting on pounds, unable to find buyers. Prices won't go below 200 because it's not worth it for the grower anymore, and the supply is so large that it's hard to find a buyer even at low prices.

I think those numbers are off, probably too few data points, some being dispensary prices. I'm hearing from California growers that they're sitting on pounds, unable to find buyers. Prices won't go below 200 because it's not worth it for the grower anymore, and the supply is so large that it's hard to find a buyer even at low prices.

We should be so fortunate ?

I agree, however, doesn't that imply then that patients, whom the law was designed to assist, get the short end of the deal ?

Yup. Not because growers are greedy here though, but because it is a lot more dangerous. Those high prices are basically wages paid in advance as a whole for all the prison time growers do on average.

Yup. Not because growers are greedy here though, but because it is a lot more dangerous. Those high prices are basically wages paid in advance as a whole for all the prison time growers do on average.

So patients pay extra for growers who have problems not following the laws? That they agreed to follow to get the permit to grow in the first place? How could they go to jail if they are abiding by the law? Granted Im sure it happens, though we all know it should not, especially if following the law. Least of all it should get some kinda consideration/sentence reduction from the judge, if not complete amnesty as has been specified in the law.

Because the laws are ambiguous, even if you have a patient signed up directly through the registry - you don't know if that patient has dumped you, meaning your limits are lower than you think they are. You can chop down a plant and have it have more weight that you expected. You can have branches break off in a raid and get charged as if they were plants. You can supply medibles and get charged as if they are the full weight. Everything with mmj is fraught with risk. If you get raided when you're legal they'll seize everything to save face and pay for the raid, and leave you having to hire an atty to sue them for the return of your property, which leaves you out a lot of money no matter what. And then, you still have to worry about getting robbed, which sadly does happen more often than we'd like to believe. You still have to worry about the feds, too, and corrupt state narcotics squads planting evidence on you (IT HAPPENS). And then if you're in some counties like Oakland or (especially) Charlevoix, you can do everything by the book and still get screwed. In Charlevoix a rogue circuit court judge is tossing people in the clink for simple possession of eighths.

So patients pay extra for growers who have problems not following the laws? That they agreed to follow to get the permit to grow in the first place? How could they go to jail if they are abiding by the law? Granted Im sure it happens, though we all know it should not, especially if following the law. Least of all it should get some kinda consideration/sentence reduction from the judge, if not complete amnesty as has been specified in the law.

Where have you been for the last 3 years? Under a rock?

Where have you been for the last 3 years? Under a rock?

Well lets see, one place I haven't been is... in Jail ! hhaa ahh haaa ha hahaaha .... only a short while anyways

By hte way too Purkel, the law is not ambiguous, its in the interpretation. None of us should have gone to Jail. Why haven't we focused our energies and insights on that fact , gosh darn it anyhow...

peace

I mean, it's ambiguous in that it's hard to tell what is okay because the courts are deliberately misreading plain language so regularly...

There are some clear ambiguities though... what do you do if your patient dumps you without telling you? What happens if the cops knock on your door after your patient dumps you and before you finally find out? Are medibles charged as the full weight, or by the weight of the contents, or does the affirmative defense apply? Originally the affirmative defense was supposed to apply in cases like these... but the CoA has gutted that.

"Clear ambiguities" isn't that double entendre or something ?

what do you do if your patient dumps you without telling you? Long as you have your card or paperwork, nothing! how are you supposed to know ? or the cops ?

What happens if the cops knock on your door after your patient dumps you and before you finally find out? ditto

Are medibles charged as the full weight, or by the weight of the contents, Contents, you silly goose

does the affirmative defense apply? It should, right ?

Hope I was able to reasure you some. Thinking you worry too much? maybe?

what do you do if your patient dumps you without telling you? Long as you have your card or paperwork, nothing! how are you supposed to know ? or the cops ? You go to jail, the cops will know instantly that your no longer a caregiver<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">What happens if the cops knock on your door after your patient dumps you and before you finally find out? ditto ditto<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Are medibles charged as the full weight, or by the weight of the contents, Contents, you silly goose a 6oz. brownie = 6oz. marihuana

does the affirmative defense apply? It should, right ? Where in michigan is that true?

"Clear ambiguities" isn't that double entendre or something ?

what do you do if your patient dumps you without telling you? Long as you have your card or paperwork, nothing! how are you supposed to know ? or the cops ?

What happens if the cops knock on your door after your patient dumps you and before you finally find out? ditto

Are medibles charged as the full weight, or by the weight of the contents, Contents, you silly goose

does the affirmative defense apply? It should, right ?

Hope I was able to reasure you some. Thinking you worry too much? maybe?

Archived