Legal Representation

Legal Representation Club  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a club that guarantees legal representation to compliant members?

• No, I am perfectly compliant so I will never get in trouble
    • No, I have my own legal fund squirreled away
    • Yes, I want to contribute to make sure the entire community is safe, and the law is defended

It would be great if this concept gets worked out and large numbers of folks can have representation if anything were to happen. In the meantime, everyone should do whatever they can to tuck away 5G. I know an attorney in Lansing who use to be a cop and has been a lawyer for about 15 years now. His retainer fee is about half what other more distinguished attorneys charge. He is a scrappy resident bad-donk. So if anyone needs a prize fighter from the Capital City area, let me know and I'll give you his

name. Having this pit-bull on retainer (and my speed dial) -along with following the new rules- is the best single thing I can do to continue getting a restful full nights sleep. These new laws will serve to line attorneys pockets, and That Sucks, but what choice do we have but to play ball?

• 2 weeks later...

If you were out of compliance

if you are in compliance why would any one need a Lawyer?

Who determines "compliance" -- LEO always says people are "out of compliance" -- that's what they do ! Got to get away from this man, if they are a fellow MM User, and tried to comply, that is really at that matters - don't want to get into the moral hazard issues

Few people intentionally violate the law as the whole darn point is to be protected, is it not? So if they got a Docs cert., applied to the State and Paid the fee (Sect. 4) or went under Sect,.8 as

an unregistered patient, they should be our brothers and sisters --- that's the end of it.

Point is, all Marijjuana prosecutions must end, period. And we need to stop LEO from dividing us --- obviously if they went to a Doc to get certified for use of MM, they should be with "us".

M

Edited by Murph

• 9 months later...

I'd like to bump this thread for more feedback from the community.

Thank you Zap, but, really, I give up, it seems like it is every one out for themselves these days. Honestly, at least I will go to my grave with a clear conscience knowing that I did all that I could, to help as many as I could, along the way. Hope you will have a good day.

The 'laws' of economics are simply observations stating how folks behave. "Out for themselves these days" as tho earlier folks behaved diffferently? We've always behaved as now, and that is to maximize benefit to ourselves and offer a pinch of help to others along the way, if it does not inconvenience us for too long or cost too much. And the supply of any commodity follows the same course: if it is profitable to make more of a thing, it will be produced until it costs more for the lowest-cost producer to make the item than he can sell it for. Tears and gnashing of teeth are beside the point. The supply of weed will continue to increase in MI until we do not have an export maket paying more than it costs to produce. That is where CA is now, with the electric cost 3 times the cost of MI, and indoor going for less than production costs, so small growers are heading to the outdooors for a seasonal grow and they export to any state that will pay the (much lower cost (no electy) but far more risky than indoors) cost of outdoor production. Weed as practiced in MI is truly a work-where-you-live cotttage industry (make big money in the privacy of your own home), and cottage industries survive until the month after corporate behemoths enter the market and flood in product until the small producers are driven out of business. Once WA and CO crank up, smaller producers will "dry up." The exceptions will be nimble and quixotic ( think Ben and Jerrry's), and how many of those are there? For right now, human nature assures that the small suppliers will rachet up production (house-by-house), and will cease only when it is not profitable to make more.

"I'm Milton Freidman of the Chicago Schol of Economics and I approved this message, in fact I'm the inventor of this thinking."

Edited by pic book

This is addressed specifically to Michael Komorn and the rest of you qualified MMJ Lawyers:

Is it possible to establish a general fund from which the council can be reimbursed for expenses incurred while representing one of us. It would seem to me like we could raise plenty of cash from the caregiver/patient population. Most of us are on fixed incomes including yours truly and can not afford you guys. I think that we should be able to raise plenty of cash to cover your cost and pay you a handsome fee for your services as well.

I really hate it that everything is all about the money, but that is the way it is. May be if you had a terminal disease as some of us do, the money wouldn't matter that much after all, but you don't and we need your help so I present this to you yet once again for your consideration. I'd like to be amongst the first to donate my $$ (what ever I can afford), please help us. You guys are the best of the best and we need you.

If I must, I will go door-to-door begging for contributions to fill the fund as full as I can. People need help, my friend was busted and he has had to sell everything he had to pay his lawyer. Why does this make me feel ill?

If it feels that this post is down on you guys, I don't intend it that way, it's just hard for me to see through your eyes and get into your hearts. I can only speak from my own heart.

The last time I suggested that the 3MA do something like this I don't remember a single reply, hoping for better results this time.

HC

An organization to collect $ per year per CG and patient, on a voluntary basis, such as other producer orgs (National Pork Producers or Corn Producers or National Farm Organization--milk-- with an assessment of so much per unit (ounce) could work, and maybe get 7% particip. AT particip that low it could be massive money to fund the National Cannabis Defense Council.

Nevermind....

It just so happens that I am following this topic and received you unedited reply, I not only found it accusatory, but insulting.

Yes, SFC, I did all that I could! I noticed that very few others gave a crap and I'm old, I'm sick and I'm tired, of all the bs people spew on this site. I believe that the word compassion is nothing more than a word any more, care to convince me otherwise? Don't bother wasting your time, I won't buy it! What have you done to try and organize something like this legal fund?

I've had just about all that I can take from some of you "elites" (you know who you are, those who know it all, have all the answers and yours is the only voice of reason, opinions of others don't count). These attitudes and rudeness to others disgust me but I will not let you drive me away from this site, instead, be aware, I will call your know it all asses out every time I see this non-sense.

Nevermind....

So you mentioned it on a web forum around about the time you got busted. And never lifted a finger after.. Hmm, suspicious? Yea I think so. Should I continue?

As far as what I have done, I have paid dues and helped found one of the advocacy groups that are dominant in this states MMJ politics. Nice try tho, lol

Edited by SFC

If this were to happen it would have very strict compliance rules. If you were out of compliance, you would not be able to have free representation.

I have always suggested that it cover ANY marijuana arrest. Just limit the benefit. Making it a first line fund, not funding all the way. Say 10k$ per arrest.

That way nobody will be left dry because they are one gram over weight. No one would have to be told they weren't covered. Is it a marijuana charge? You're covered.

I think it can be easily done at a rate of $24.99 per month. Probably even less than that.

To produce enough cash flow to defend one new case per month would require at least .. ( 10,000/24.99 ) enrolled persons. About 400 people.

Set it up with auto drafts from checking account or credit card. No one should have to be a bill collector.

Edited by peanutbutter

So you mentioned it on a web forum around about the time you got busted. And never lifted a finger after.. Hmm, suspicious? Yea I think so. Should I continue?

As far as what I have done, I have paid dues and helped found one of the advocacy groups that are dominant in this states MMJ politics. Nice try tho, lol

You should read back a couple of years ago in this forum, you should have been to the CC meetings I've been to, you should have been at the grow shops I've pitched this to in the past 4 years. So you see smarty pants, you don't know spit.

From here out, you are dead to me and you need not waste your time replying to my comments, I won't read any more of your post until you come off of your high horse.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Good, I am all crying now, lol. You are welcome to feed the masses any kind of BS you like. But to say you have been all over and done this and that for four years and not even mention any club you did this at by name is laughable. Just stop dude. Spend your own money on your own lawyer, ain't nothin in this world for free.

• 4 weeks later...

It just so happens that I am following this topic and received you unedited reply, I not only found it accusatory, but insulting.

Yes, SFC, I did all that I could! I noticed that very few others gave a crap and I'm old, I'm sick and I'm tired, of all the bs people spew on this site. I believe that the word compassion is nothing more than a word any more, care to convince me otherwise? Don't bother wasting your time, I won't buy it! What have you done to try and organize something like this legal fund?

I've had just about all that I can take from some of you "elites" (you know who you are, those who know it all, have all the answers and yours is the only voice of reason, opinions of others don't count). These attitudes and rudeness to others disgust me but I will not let you drive me away from this site, instead, be aware, I will call your know it all asses out every time I see this non-sense.

I will never ever forget that silver dollar my friend.. Keep your noble head high..