Medical Marijuana Backers Protest Proposed Michigan Legislation

look bob your daft...for a doctor.... look up any thread on mlive about medical marijuana you will find sim comments....who gives a flyin fek.... morons will say what they want when they want. if you think we should hold our tongues for fear that someone who hates us might think ill of us you are lost. again id guess your interest is money....

Call me names and question my motives, and miss the point yet again.

The entire point is to control the message. Don't give them a chance to come to this conclusion. Give them something they can accept and a cause they can join.

Dr. Bob

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was your LEADER that F-ed it up. Pure and simple. The MESSAGE was important and it didn't get through. That was your leaders job and it was bungled. It had nothing to do with anything happening here. Don't try to pass the buck.

um restorioum have you caught the ignorant bigot bug too? who is my leader? what do you base this ignorant comment of yours on? i can and do place all the blame on the mods of this site. i never new about it till i came back here, then they did everything they could to censor and down play the need for our voice to be heard.

Lmao i think i got it....Are you talking about joe cain? if so you might wanna check into that b4 showing yourself to be more of a fool. i got banned , then came back then told joe and the mods off and left. i had been trying to warn people off joe cain for a while now.... my issue now is that joe cains tactics still run this site. in fact i have to say the current set of mods make the joe cain days look not so bad....i have no leader. a leader is for a soldier that doesnt know who or where his enemy is. i didnt just pick up this battle in the last couple years.

MM protesting is not new to some of us bob.. Some of us have done this for years and years.. Now that we finally got there and accomplished it without the help of some who are now the leaders (?) We get a list of rules.. LOL LOL Wont you help me sing.. these songs of freedom.. its all i ever had..

Dr Bob, you want to control the words of the speakers, the stories in the press, and now the readers' comments too? c'mon. Try to be a bit more objective please. You could post a positive comment about the cause. Coming from a Doc, that always carries weight

We, the protesters, did our best to get our message out that the patients are being abused and that we oppose the proposed legislation.

I talked to this LSJ writer, Scott Davis. He told me that the story he saw was, paraphrasing, 'very low turnout because of the split up of the patients' groups'. That is what he told me he was thinking about writing. I talked with him a bit asking that he not miss the protesters point that the public needs to know that patients are against the bills. I asked that he please not ignore that message. We talked about a lot of the reasons. I gave him that list of the rights that have been taken from patients - from the other posting.

Hopefully he will continue to talk with me about these issues in the future. He was knowledgeable and reasonable and he could help to educate the public down the road too.

Until there IS legalization there will be confusion

The "message" reflects poorly but more important inaccurately .

I believe the bills as proceeding are good for patients and cgs

Decriminalize MJ

Insure a better tomorrow.....Vote ALL republicans OUT of office

Edited by beourbud

Dr Bob, you want to control the words of the speakers, the stories in the press, and now the readers' comments too? c'mon. Try to be a bit more objective please. You could post a positive comment about the cause. Coming from a Doc, that always carries weight

We, the protesters, did our best to get our message out that the patients are being abused and that we oppose the proposed legislation.

I talked to this LSJ writer, Scott Davis. He told me that the story he saw was, paraphrasing, 'very low turnout because of the split up of the patients' groups'. That is what he told me he was thinking about writing. I talked with him a bit asking that he not miss the protesters point that the public needs to know that patients are against the bills. I asked that he please not ignore that message. We talked about a lot of the reasons. I gave him that list of the rights that have been taken from patients - from the other posting.

Hopefully he will continue to talk with me about these issues in the future. He was knowledgeable and reasonable and he could help to educate the public down the road too.

Seriously? You didn't talk with him first? Oh my. That's protest 101. He put out the message they are adding pictures to the cards, they are defining the doctor rec process for us, and adding conditions.

This looks like you just wanted a party at the capitol. Much to do over nothing. It underlines the bill sponsors' message. You forwarded their cause, not ours. I'm a patient and you f-ed me. Thanks.

You mean like these comments?

Chris LaMere

I am so happy to hear that there will be better regulations for Medical Marijuana. The "clinics" that cropped up after the law was passed, pay $200. to $350 at one of these clinics, and you will have a "covered" illness. It makes me sick.

I also think it is a Wonderful idea to have a Panel to look into requests for new illnesses to be covered. Why would there be an Objection to that?

These people that just want it legal are Nuts. I keep hearing "it's better than alcohol" or you will have to be 21 or older to grow it, What a Laugh, do they Really think that a 21 year old wouldn't be selling to younger Children? How Could it be regulated if anyone can grow it at home? At least alcohol it can only be purchased in bars or party stores with an I.D. With fines for Knowingly selling to minors.

I do Not want my Teenager ( or younger ) sitting in class like a zombie, or at Home or work.

It has been said that "the ones that don't use it now won't use it if it's legal", really are these people that naive? A lot of Children don't use Because it Is illegal, Expensive and not as readily available as it would be if Anyone could grow it.

I say Thank You for Finally waking up to the abuse that already exists and making the effort to Regulate the growing and Use of Medical Marijuana.

Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

• 195551_100002529608654_2403653_q.jpg

Jack White

Right, because it is so much better to have our tax dollars going towards incarceration of marijuana users than to something else, like education or healthcare. Oh, and I'm one of the ones that don't use it and will not use it even if it is legal.

A little bit of parenting can go a long way towards keeping your children from turning into a zombie, unless of course you would rather have big brother raising your children.

Reply · 4 · Like · about an hour ago[*]371539_100003227236140_1509998127_q.jpg

Jake Mountain · Top Commenter

Chris, it's telling that comments like yours would have, in the past, drawn dozens of pro-dope comments from the usual pack of dopeheads who wanted a dope den within walking distance of their rental homes... or at least on a bus line.

Why? Because the dope heads are so wasted, so often, so routinely that they can't hold jobs, can't afford stable housing and want YOU and other taxpayers to pay for their "right" to be lazy, indolent, dope head slackers.

When the dope dens started, public school administrators in urban areas saw a marked uptick in lower cost dope being sold to their students. Students who normally wouldn't get near the crap were now carrying their own stash, more students were selling, the increased dope smell coming from bathrooms, loading docks, parking lots was noted by the school officials who BEGGED lawmakers to change the law and get rid of the neighborhood dope dens.

There's still more work to do... but this is a good first step in managing medical dope access that was always intended by the dopeheads to be a backdoor to legalizing dope for all.

Reply · 1 · Like · about an hour ago

Let's look at the takehome message again.....

There's still more work to do... but this is a good first step in managing medical dope access that was always intended by the dopeheads to be a backdoor to legalizing dope for all.

Clearly not the only comment, but look at the theme. These things need to be organized, have a concise, focused message, the signs need to be managed to keep them on topic, and folks need to go knowing what they are there to do.

Was this the type of statement you wanted form the public in response to the rally? How many senators are thinking the same thing?

Next time listen to good advice.

Dr. Bob,

You know I've got nothing against you, but as a former commenter on LSJ (before they switched to a paywall model) you and I both know that Jake Mountain has posted his prohibitionist hyperbole on every marijuana article printed in that rag. Prior to the paywall going up, his comments, as he noted, were always met with heaps of opposition. Quoting his comment as an example of even the general line of thought of public opinion is asinine. The LSJ's online readership has fallen dramatically since the paywall went up and the only folks who now comment are those odd few who still pay for a subscription to read the same AP articles they can read on mlive for free . (While I don't have any evidence, my guess is that these folks tend to be older folks who still subscribe to printed newspapers.) Again, hardly a good indicator of general public opinion.

Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to add some context.

Seriously? You didn't talk with him first? Oh my. That's protest 101. He put out the message they are adding pictures to the cards, they are defining the doctor rec process for us, and adding conditions.

This looks like you just wanted a party at the capitol. Much to do over nothing. It underlines the bill sponsors' message. You forwarded their cause, not ours. I'm a patient and you f-ed me. Thanks.

Wow..just wow..

So far, this is your message;

On May 3, the Republican-controlled state House passed bills that would require patient photos to be placed on state medical marijuana cards and more narrowly define the doctor-patient relationship needed to receive medical marijuana certification. Moreover, the House passed a bill that day that would create a 15-member panel of physicians and others to review petitions requesting to add medical conditions to the list for which the use of marijuana is approved. These bills are pending in the Republican-controlled Senate.

Interesting how some of the most outspoken people on this site claim to not be members of THIS organization. That may have something to do with any confusion regarding OUR leadership.

Recently a few core folks here began to constructively discuss what their idea of a Focused Rally would look like. I think the dialogue died the same day. It's no secret now, certain people are determined to attempt to distract and discourage efforts -at least for any rally- and to what end? Why are they here (some claiming to not even be members of MM..) if it is so important in their eyes to keep people, in mass, away from the capital?

The last two protests have been shot down, Congratulations... I'm sure 150,000 patients and caregivers have been "protected" from sending the wrong message! Here's a Fresh Idea: How about re-starting the dialogue about a New Rally, the kind where we feed the legislators food and our mind, classical music... go all out (for once) again! Finally fully use that media to Our Advantage.

Time is running out. Or, was that the idea all along? Do Not Interfere!

could this protest had more of an effect had the mods on this site not pushed the do nothing mentality? did the repeated censorship cost us in regards to this protest?

Here it is again so you don't have to go back a page to read your message from the protest;

On May 3, the Republican-controlled state House passed bills that would require patient photos to be placed on state medical marijuana cards and more narrowly define the doctor-patient relationship needed to receive medical marijuana certification. Moreover, the House passed a bill that day that would create a 15-member panel of physicians and others to review petitions requesting to add medical conditions to the list for which the use of marijuana is approved. These bills are pending in the Republican-controlled Senate.

Here it is again so you don't have to go back a page to read your message from the protest;

Did you see the headline?

Medical marijuana backers protest proposed Michigan legislation

If you can get a better message out....please do it.

I tried and if I failed you I am sorry for you...really sorry for you

Did you see the headline?

Medical marijuana backers protest proposed Michigan legislation

If you can get a better message out....please do it.

I tried and if I failed you I am sorry for you...really sorry for you

OK Next time check with the press FIRST. Smell them out real well. Don't just flip a coin. Know the outcome before you enter into the situation.

The headline makes it worse when you see what he says you are protesting. Sorry, but he made you look like fools and pushed Schuette's message instead of yours.

And don't feel sorry for me. Just do the right thing next time. You failed this time and furthered their cause by getting their agenda in the press. It actually looks like the bills are designed to help us now. Expect a quicker passing if anything.

OK Next time check with the press FIRST. Smell them out real well. Don't just flip a coin. Know the outcome before you enter into the situation.

The headline makes it worse when you see what he says you are protesting. Sorry, but he made you look like fools and pushed Schuette's message instead of yours.

And don't feel sorry for me. Just do the right thing next time. You failed this time and furthered their cause by getting their agenda in the press. It actually looks like the bills are designed to help us now. Expect a quicker passing if anything.

I agree. The changes discussed in the article don't seem like bad things to the casual observer. Why would the casual observer think it is bad to have a panel of physicians adding conditions to the list? Why would they think pictures on the cards is bad? Heck, some HERE think pictures on the cards is good. The article makes it seem as if those were the only changes being protested.

Furthermore, the headline doesn't jibe with the picture before the headline. That picture gives the casual observer the impression that they are being tricked. That the agenda has always been to push med use just to later attempt legalization. In fact, one comment to the story mentions that trickery.

Lastly, the juxtaposition of the headline and the picture is further exacerbated by the comments ending the article where dispensaries are mentioned. Dispensaries have nothing to do with the propsed changes yet the "leader" of the group sponsoring the protest only has ONE comment mentioned in the article and that comment is in regard to something that has nothing to do with the protest?

It's a muddled mess. I think the "boots on the ground" attitude is what causes this confusion. Everyone and their uncle shouldn't be invited unless they are there to further the goal of the protest. The idea that if more people show up then you can claim legitimacy is far outweighed by those "other people" pushing their own agendas and clouding the message. As someone mentioned a few days ago, the teachers' unions came out in great numbers months ago but that changed nothing for them. Absolutely nothing!

The thing is that message clarity was the biggest issue discussed when this protest was first brought up. That concern was completely ignored which will only serve to reinforce people's resistance to joining further protests hosted by this same group. I think, in the future, one would be wise to adopt Dr Bob's suggestions that some very clear messages be adopted as rally cries. Pick 2 or 3 and emblazon signs with them. Pick issues that strike a nerve among the general public. Maybe the whole "check the registry before you get a warrant" issue. Things like that, because clouding the issues of the legislative changes with pushing for legalization and complaining about the lack of dispensaries is so freakin off topic.

Gee Mr. Howell, the Skipper and I are real sorry we got you shipwrecked. We're working real hard trying to think of a way to get us off this island.

Is there anything more we can do to make you and Mrs Howell more comfortable. How bout some more coconut milk?

All of us Gilligans would love to hear your plan to fight this Legislation, Mr Howell?

The mods were against the protest because of the lack of organized message I think. And, as I pointed out, they were right. The guy they quoted at the end of the article bollocksed it. The sign pictureed at the head of the article was 180 degrees off the medical issue. Read what is being said on the comments section of the article. Some of it is just plain ignorance but some of it shows what the average person took from that story.

Stunned and totally agree with you

The average person wants MM and legalization..

Do you have any statistics to back this up

I hang out with a large group weekly and 2 out of twenty in that group does not seem to back your findings

No it is not i who is out of touch with what the general public wants.. but thanks for your input..

Sadly you certainly are in my community and most others

You are totally wrong

no thanks required

Edited by Beans

Gee Mr. Howell, the Skipper and I are real sorry we got you shipwrecked. We're working real hard trying to think of a way to get us off this island.

Is there anything more we can do to make you and Mrs Howell more comfortable. How bout some more coconut milk?

All of us Gilligans would love to hear your plan to fight this Legislation, Mr Howell?

More like you are the wolves in sheeps clothing if you really want to go there.

One has to think that if you made little or no attempt to do this right, then what were you really there for?

Mr. Howell? I would be more like the Skipper if he went to college and then to the gym. LOL Yup, that's me. That smart old guy that can kick your butt around the block. But hey, I like you.