Medical Marijuana Backers Protest Proposed Michigan Legislation

Well sonny Jim, Hayduke and CL are opinions worth listening to. Clearly you have no idea who they are and who listens to their opinions. Do you remember the letter that stopped the first vote in the house and got some key concessions prior to the actual vote? They wrote it. Or do you even know what I am talking about? When I don't know something, I ask THEM.

Rule number one is realize there are folks in here that can help you. Rule number two is don't tinkle those people off.

Dr. Bob

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you need or want Beourbud?

We need a model CC.....No one trusts them anymore because of sites like this

We need to support a CC in a anti MM community....Big Rapids is the place

We need the CC to be true to Patients and Mi Law, working with leo and community reps to gain support from same...yes we can

We need to police ourselves from drug dealers.

What can the MMMA do to help patients in BR

Provide speakers

Contribute to the CC

Educate.....to much bad info has been disseminated from this site in the past.....doing something tangible may polish the image a little.

I am ready to start a Legit CC.

What can You do to help

Well sonny Jim, Hayduke and CL are opinions worth listening to. Clearly you have no idea who they are and who listens to their opinions. Do you remember the letter that stopped the first vote in the house and got some key concessions prior to the actual vote? They wrote it. Or do you even know what I am talking about? When I don't know something, I ask THEM.

Rule number one is realize there are folks in here that can help you. Rule number two is don't tinkle those people off.

Dr. Bob

definitely...and I have been following close

Edited by beourbud

HUH?

hb 5681, the new Callton, Walsh bill that reschedules to 2, and sets the stage for large UP mine like grows to get a serious foothold.

33 some posts and beourbud is so knowledgable it is surprising. Shall we say welcome back...lol... Take a deep breath if you can. We are sorta all trying to do that right now. Seems that much changes and much remains the same. But keeping fighting and beeatching about that same old same old, and you will end up being well informed bystanders. I work hard every day to try and hold back the vote. Like a few here, it just is more important to me to continue to do quiet back room work, than to come to the Forums of Discontent. It is not Zap's job to make it work, though many would suggest that it is. Sorry, he is a volunteer too, and he get's to make that personal call regarding time. Agree with him or not, that is fair. But to try and just brow beat for the sake of it, is really not interesting to me or fun to watch or participate in.

Time is nigh and the wolves are inside the doors.

A rally is not going to work in regard to the current bills. Sorry. I spend long hours up there and can honestly say they are counterproductive in the eyes of staff and the Reps and Sens. It should not be that way. But it is. it is not about anyones personal opinion on whether I am right. I am telling you what I have heard weekly since the first rally. It is the opinion at the Capitol that these rallies are dumb for all groups. Like Cav mentioned, the MEA had huge rallies, 10,000 or more it seemed the day I was there. Everyone is on point, dressed appropriately. Now lets talk about that, okay? That means there is Sunday go to meeting clothes, or nice casual clothes. Bluejeans fine. Tie Die, forget about it. I wear them myself and honor their long tradition, but, it makes us look like "stoners" in the negative sense when that is the dress wear at the Capitol. Additionally, signs need to be basically approved or removed, to avoid a stupid mixed message getting through. Now is that nice? NO IT SUCKS. But guess what, it doesn't matter. And...we need to make sure the reporter doesn't see folks smoking on the steps, putting up a sign about legalization or anything off point on Medical Marijuana. Like it or not, these things matter in the press and in the eyes of the public. And the damage from earlier rallies have made the Capitol employees and staff and Reps and Sens look very very negatively on them. Sorry, it does, but it does.

It is not what ya'll perceive, it is what others perceive. If there is not basic agreement on this, well, there will never be an agreement to do anything among the groups.

CPU remains opposed to all of the bills in both the House and Senate. We are happy nothing has passed both chambers. If they ran out of time, it would be fine by us. In politics it is always best to live to fight another day (metaphorically that is), because guess what? The next session begins in January 2012 and a whole new set of people will come in and a bunch go out. That means the work is constant and we need to be able to stay on point and educate and attempt to sway legislators into viewing our favorite law as a good one, not one that needs to be gutted in favor of Large Scale Production, or anything else that would ruin it for the people in the program.

Remember Irv Rosenfeld? He is the fellow who the US govt provides cannabis to. It is ground up seeds, leaf and bud, and has low potency and is stale. Yes it works for him. But is that the way people want to go? The people from Canada who are proposing the mine grow, want to grow one strain, and control the thc levels by adding more leaf, in order to lower the thc levels. And I believe they lost their support in Canada for their project so now they have come to da UP. Seems like a very very bad deal to me personally.

So that is my take today. Let's try and be nice here. Let's see more folks volunteer to HELP on projects that are proposed by MMMA. 'cause if you're not leading or following, you really need to start...

See why I ask him when I am stumped? Man has the patience of a saint. And background. Now take my advice- talk less, listen more to folks that are here to help you.

As for me, I am still irritated from this am, and have very little patience right now. So I am going to take my own advice and talk less, listen more for the rest of the evening.

Dr. Bob

The legislators don't like protests. They are not meant to make the legislators happy. We are unhappy with the actions of these legislators and we should, imo, make them know that.

Protests are to bring attention to the cause.

Protests also let the people know that the politicians have been informed about something. In this case, that the patients are against the legislature's meddling.

If medical cannabis was too difficult for them to offer patient protections in the past, why would it be different now? It is too politically charged for most to stand up and protect cannabis patients. Patients treated as we are using anything else (except heroin) would be better defended but they are afraid of the voter reaction and their electability.

So what are these MMMA projects of which you speak?

hb 5681, the new Callton, Walsh bill that reschedules to 2, and sets the stage for large UP mine like grows to get a serious foothold.

33 some posts and beourbud is so knowledgable it is surprising. Shall we say welcome back...lol... Take a deep breath if you can. We are sorta all trying to do that right now. Seems that much changes and much remains the same. But keeping fighting and beeatching about that same old same old, and you will end up being well informed bystanders. I work hard every day to try and hold back the vote. Like a few here, it just is more important to me to continue to do quiet back room work, than to come to the Forums of Discontent. It is not Zap's job to make it work, though many would suggest that it is. Sorry, he is a volunteer too, and he get's to make that personal call regarding time. Agree with him or not, that is fair. But to try and just brow beat for the sake of it, is really not interesting to me or fun to watch or participate in.

A rally is not going to work in regard to the current bills. Sorry. I spend long hours up there and can honestly say they are counterproductive in the eyes of staff and the Reps and Sens. It should not be that way. But it is. it is not about anyones personal opinion on whether I am right. I am telling you what I have heard weekly since the first rally. It is the opinion at the Capitol that these rallies are dumb for all groups. Like Cav mentioned, the MEA had huge rallies, 10,000 or more it seemed the day I was there. Everyone is on point, dressed appropriately. Now lets talk about that, okay? That means there is Sunday go to meeting clothes, or nice casual clothes. Bluejeans fine. Tie Die, forget about it. I wear them myself and honor their long tradition, but, it makes us look like "stoners" in the negative sense when that is the dress wear at the Capitol. Additionally, signs need to be basically approved or removed, to avoid a stupid mixed message getting through. Now is that nice? NO IT SUCKS. But guess what, it doesn't matter. And...we need to make sure the reporter doesn't see folks smoking on the steps, putting up a sign about legalization or anything off point on Medical Marijuana. Like it or not, these things matter in the press and in the eyes of the public. And the damage from earlier rallies have made the Capitol employees and staff and Reps and Sens look very very negatively on them. Sorry, it does, but it does.

It is not what ya'll perceive, it is what others perceive. If there is not basic agreement on this, well, there will never be an agreement to do anything among the groups.

CPU remains opposed to all of the bills in both the House and Senate. We are happy nothing has passed both chambers. If they ran out of time, it would be fine by us. In politics it is always best to live to fight another day (metaphorically that is), because guess what? The next session begins in January 2012 and a whole new set of people will come in and a bunch go out. That means the work is constant and we need to be able to stay on point and educate and attempt to sway legislators into viewing our favorite law as a good one, not one that needs to be gutted in favor of Large Scale Production, or anything else that would ruin it for the people in the program.

Remember Irv Rosenfeld? He is the fellow who the US govt provides cannabis to. It is ground up seeds, leaf and bud, and has low potency and is stale. Yes it works for him. But is that the way people want to go? The people from Canada who are proposing the mine grow, want to grow one strain, and control the thc levels by adding more leaf, in order to lower the thc levels. And I believe they lost their support in Canada for their project so now they have come to da UP. Seems like a very very bad deal to me personally.

So that is my take today. Let's try and be nice here. Let's see more folks volunteer to HELP on projects that are proposed by MMMA. 'cause if you're not leading or following, you really need to start...

5681 will fail

the others will pass

not an argument just a snapshot.....time will tell

it is to bad though that so many pushed dispensaries and look what that got us...thanks

3.5 years and what have you got to show

Lets do it Right...for a Change

Edited by beourbud

um restorioum have you caught the ignorant bigot bug too? who is my leader? what do you base this ignorant comment of yours on? i can and do place all the blame on the mods of this site. i never new about it till i came back here, then they did everything they could to censor and down play the need for our voice to be heard.

attended last Mays Rally where there was around 200-250 and the next week Joe was talking up how well we did. I was appalled that what looked like an embarrassment to me was being hailed as a Victory. Many dressed like they were trying to show off their Hippie look and numerous odors of Marijuana through out the Rally probably did not help our cause. Don't get me wrong I still wear My Freak Flag Proudly, but just as I would not attend my Child's Graduation Ceremony dressed that way, I would also consider dressing more conservative while attending a Rally. Should we have to do this no, but history has shown it helps to look more mainstream in many situations. To answer the question if all Rally's are good, not in my opinion. If You Fail to overwhelm them with support, it could seem as there is little support and Politicians don't cater to the Few, but will do so for the Many. When We can bring Thousands to the steps of the Capital then maybe we will see some concern from the Boys and Girls inside the Hallowed Halls. Never bring Legalization to a Medical Marijuana Rally! They have to be separate issues. We can still support both, but it can be made to look like all we want is Marijuana and not it's medicinal properties. I support complete Legalization as do most of you, but quite often when I talk with someone with more conservative views they bring up the fact that we got Medical Marijuana and are still pushing for Legalization shows them that we are just Potheads using the system. I have wasted too much time trying to change their views and now use the approach that what they see is what I want them to see and that is looking the part of John Q. Public and blend in until we get what we want, need, and deserve. Some may call that selling out, I call it playing the Game and nobody does that better than a Politician, so I say let's act the part of Patient in public and do our support for Legalization once we feel safe in the Medical Marijuana Program.

Lmao i think i got it....Are you talking about joe cain? if so you might wanna check into that b4 showing yourself to be more of a fool. i got banned , then came back then told joe and the mods off and left. i had been trying to warn people off joe cain for a while now.... my issue now is that joe cains tactics still run this site. in fact i have to say the current set of mods make the joe cain days look not so bad....i have no leader. a leader is for a soldier that doesnt know who or where his enemy is. i didnt just pick up this battle in the last couple years.

The legislators don't like protests. They are not meant to make the legislators happy. We are unhappy with the actions of these legislators and we should, imo, make them know that.

Protests are to bring attention to the cause.

Protests also let the people know that the politicians have been informed about something. In this case, that the patients are against the legislature's meddling.

If medical cannabis was too difficult for them to offer patient protections in the past, why would it be different now? It is too politically charged for most to stand up and protect cannabis patients. Patients treated as we are using anything else (except heroin) would be better defended but they are afraid of the voter reaction and their electability.

So what are these MMMA projects of which you speak?

I really can't respond to this, words fail me. I guess everything we've said went in one ear and out the other. Other than YES we want them happy. THEY HOLD THE G.D. VOTES WE NEED YOU MORON! We want them on our side. To do that we have to give them a message they can accept and make their own.

Look Wash, I like you. I am sorry I called you a moron (but notice I didn't remove it) and I am only expressing frustration with the density around here sometimes. Y'all just don't get the politics it seems. You want to hold a protest to show your supporters you forced the issue on the reps and senators? Think about that, who are you trying to influence? Your supporters to look at you as a man of action, or the people HOLDING THE G.D. VOTES??????

Act SMART, not RASH

Edited by Dr. Bob

Could one person who is speaking on the benefits of protests/rallies answer the question about the teacher's union? You know, how do you think a few hundred people will make a difference when 10,000 didn't? Hell in WI they had thousands of people for weeks straight and the repubs waited until they cleared out then assphucked them.

We should have been focusing this energy on recalls of Snyder and Schuette. November is close enough that we should now be focusing on that.

Again, if 10,000 people protesting did nothing, what are a few hundred, or as is the case of late, a few dozen, going to do? And why should anyone waste time, energy or money on something that has been shown to NOT work? They could be spending that time, energy and money on something that might actually make a difference.

Please, don't feed the trolls.

Less than 33 post, most just babbles, obviously can't answer Dr. Bob's questions, please don't feed the trolls.

only 33 post because brbud was blocked....almost 300 posts

i would appreciate it if my brbud account was unlocked. and I was able to post thru that username.....what are you afraid of?

Edited by beourbud

We need the CC to be true to Patients and Mi Law, working with leo and community reps to gain support from same...yes we can

Provide speakers

Contribute to the CC

Educate.....to much bad info has been disseminated from this site in the past.....doing something tangible may polish the image a little.

What can You do to help

Isn't Celliach(sp) setting up or helping set up CCs? Maybe he can get you the help you need. :)

Edited by restlesslegs

5681 will fail

the others will pass

it is to bad though that so many pushed dispensaries and look what that got us...thanks

Just for the record.... CPU has never done any lobbying in regard to dispensary's or large grow ops. Never.

Call me a moron and then say sorry, nothing personal? Doc, your lack of professionalism surprises me. I'll refrain from firing back.

Here is something you are not getting. The politicians will tell you whatever you want to hear. They will tell the next guy the same thing. Politicians need to be made to take a stand, a public one. One that they cannot easily change.

You tell them something in public it is tougher to claim they didn't know because of all the witnesses. They don't like having to take a stand on anything because it makes it tougher to please everyone then.

All the back room agreements in the world will be ineffective if they can simply back out without repercussions. There are no witnesses. Making them your buddy would be great if that course worked.

The problem with that course too is that it gives the politicians the cover to say that the patient groups are backing their shenanigans.

A rally is not going to work in regard to the current bills. Sorry. I spend long hours up there and can honestly say they are counterproductive in the eyes of staff and the Reps and Sens. It should not be that way. But it is.

it is not about anyones personal opinion on whether I am right. I am telling you what I have heard weekly since the first rally. It is the opinion at the Capitol that these rallies are dumb for all groups.

Excuse me but I removed your wall of text and just included your ever so modest opinion/propaganda regarding the idea of protest. Pretty heavy handed opinion for someone who isn't even a member of MM.. Heavens forbide that 150,000 caregivers and patients upset your personal friends down at the capital. We will hold every politician accountable that votes against patient rights. Trying to sway people far away from a rally or protest makes you so effective I can hardly stand it. Way to go Hayduke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's do it Right... for a Change...

well I think we have, at CPU, done it right.

Now exactly what have you done the last 3.5 years?

What will you do going forward?

kudos to CPU... Good Job at the hearings...for sure

Now that the regs are more clear....lets get back to what matters most...Patients

We are working to start a CC here in BR. Unlike the previous drug houses acting as CCs, we are striving to be the CC all others are modeled after.

No genetics, consumption or transfers.

No sales of ANYTHING

Simply good folk helping good folk.

Education and cg / PT resources will be the rule and success of the Pure Michigan CC...Big Rapids Chapter

also I am producing a tutorial detailing an alternative gro method which addresses the count and weights issue.

also I am giving away Free Genetics to qualifying cardholders. Michijuana Genetics...

this is the time and Big Rapids is the place.

be our bud

Edited by beourbud

Excuse me but I removed your wall of text and just included your ever so modest opinion/propaganda regarding the idea of protest. Pretty heavy handed opinion for someone who isn't even a member of MM.. Heavens forbide that 150,000 caregivers and patients upset your personal friends down at the capital. We will hold every politician accountable that votes against patient rights. Trying to sway people far away from a rally or protest makes you so effective I can hardly stand it. Way to go Hayduke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How?

By getting a couple dozen people to holler from a street corner that we should legalize marijuana and allow dispensaries? That seems to working real fricken well....

Heh.

Best post in this whole thread was on page 4 because it came with a sensible solution.

I think we should look at what is good and what is not, and address specific issues. For example, narrowing who can be a caregiver even further does nothing to help patients! This should be stricken from the bill.

It will create situations such as this- where an elderly mother has to find a stranger to grow for her instead of her trusted son who happens to have a 20 year old assault charge on his record. People should have the chance to at the very least be able to sign a waiver to allow someone with one of the proposed listed felonies that would bar them from being a caregiver. For crying out loud, many with a felony on their record can't get a decent job, and being a caregiver may be the difference between self sufficiency and a bridge card. Just my two cents.

I can personally say, we have pounded the legislators over this expanding denial of caregivers. Relentlessly i may add. We of course argue to leave it as is, which isn't good enough honestly. I have supported two options, A 10 year sunset clause on felonies, and family exemption clause. I will add your suggestion to my list.

1) Sunset

2) Family exemption

3) General waiver via patient.

Thanks.

And in closing,

How many people showed up to this rally? 30-40?

And i see one, kinda cruddy, news article achieved by it.

If each of those 40 people would have simply sat down and wrote a nice Letter to the Editor you could have had 40 news stories instead. What would be more effective?

Just a thought.

I am assuming there will be a rally coming up before long and i would guess most groups int he state will support it. Not just one group going out on their own and having a horrible message reach the newspaper. Legalize/Dispensaries. I of course assume it was not the intent, but it is what it is. That is what became of it.

40 Letters to various local newspapers throughout the state written in a sane, logical, coordinated fashion. It should reek of professionalism, caring and legitimacy.

We need to focus energies to deliver stronger more widespread messages.

Hollerin only goes so far. There are WAY more pieces to the puzzle than simply a protest. It is one piece of a large puzzle.

How?

By getting a couple dozen people to holler from a street corner that we should legalize marijuana and allow dispensaries? That seems to working real fricken well....

Heh.

Best post in this whole thread was on page 4 because it came with a sensible solution.

I can personally say, we have pounded the legislators over this expanding denial of caregivers. Relentlessly i may add. We of course argue to leave it as is, which isn't good enough honestly. I have supported two options, A 10 year sunset clause on felonies, and family exemption clause. I will add your suggestion to my list.

1) Sunset

2) Family exemption

Thanks.

And in closing,

If each of those 40 people would have simply sat down and wrote a nice Letter to the Editor you could have had 40 news stories instead. What would be more effective?

Just a thought.

I am assuming there will be a rally coming up before long and i would guess most groups int he state will support it. Not just one group going out on their own and having a horrible message reach the newspaper. Legalize/Dispensaries. I of course assume it was not the intent, but it is what it is. That is what became of it.

40 Letters to various local newspapers throughout the state written in a sane, logical, coordinated fashion. It should reek of professionalism, caring and legitimacy.

Hollerin only goes so far. There are WAY more pieces to the puzzle than simply a protest. It is one piece of a large puzzle.

I personally presented these alternatives to senator Jones more than a year ago.. I told him simply If a patient chose a caregiver who had a felony the pt should simply be informed with a letter and the patient could chose to keep the caregiver they chose or SIMPLY make a change for 10. He didnt listen to me about that simple solution..

I personally presented these alternatives to senator Jones more than a year ago.. I told him simply If a patient chose a caregiver who had a felony the pt should simply be informed with a letter and the patient could chose to keep the caregiver they chose or SIMPLY make a change for 10. He didnt listen to me about that simple solution..

Of course he didn't.

Heh. He is such a.... Diick Jones.

I have to say, it was like talking to a brick wall on this felony issue from just about anyone who would listen. I will never stop trying.

The basic response, "Ain't gonna happen."

p.s. The word filter is still on. ;-)

Edited by Malamute

Provide speakers

Contribute to the CC

What can You do to help

Ok your comment about no one trusting us is bunk .. but anyways.. there is alot i can do to help. But in the long run.. I cant run your Cc. You have to establish your own thing.. If you want speakers to come to speak to your group you have to choose who you want and ask them. If you need funding.. Ummm raffle? Donations from appreciative members? If you need to have meetings with your locals.. Umm call and make an appt.. If you would like ppl to come with you.. call them and ask. We have done this numerous times bro.. At cccc... It is nothing the MMMA is going to be able to do for you or your group.. Im quite sure they want to lend their support tho.. :-) Are you having meetings at all? Is there a group in place?

How?

Heh.

1) Sunset

2) Family exemption

Thanks.

And in closing,

Just a thought.

I think the protest is very important but like you said only if it was accompanied with a press release because as we saw it generated a article that was published State wide for the public to read and obsorb . It is sad the MMMA did not get a press release published at this opertunity . Maybe we need to be releasing them to the media like professional orginizations do . Average Citizens do not believe people are being persecuted or arrested that are patients trying to comply in good faith . They do not understand how disabillity and disease can wear patients down to where they cannot tolerate arrest or regular medical routines are not followed in the jail system at all . The jail system has proved it can't react to make sure people get their important medications needed within hours of arrest . Patients need implicit protections now with so much focus on them over medical cannabis law . People die in jails from neglect and terrible care . Especially when you get a prohibitionist Doctor or a jailor who thinks cold turkey will straighten someone out not realizing patients suffer daily already tremendously , their entire chemistry has been altered often for years with prescription drugs and they can't tolerate even slight changes in routine and adaptive living conditions they have created for themselves over the years to extend their lives . May God Bless the patients that have died because of arrests that over taxed them in their weakened states or were put into withdrawls that stopped their breathing or caused stroke and heart attacks especially when psychiatric medications were given and desperate they accept and take them ( which is dangerous ) to try to stop the unbearable suffering that is unnesseary and should never be forced on individuals who are arrested and not even suppose to be considered guilty yet . I sure would like to see the civil rights letter be published in public that keeps the legislators honest . When we write letters individually nobody is held accountable as the public has no idea what our issues are and that legislators have been put on notice .

Edited by Croppled1

5681 will fail

the others will pass

it did get us this

In People v Redden, ___ Mich App ____; ___ NW2d ___ (2010) (slip op at 8-10), the majority rejected the prosecution’s argument that the affirmative defense under section 8 was unavailable to the defendants because they did not possess valid registry identification cards at the time of the offense. The prosecution argued that section 7(a), incorporated by reference into section 8, required a defendant to have complied with section 4 in order to invoke section 8. The majority agreed with the defendants that “the MMMA provides two ways in which to show legal use of marijuana for medical purposes in accordance with the act. Individuals may either register and obtain a registry identification card under § 4 or remain unregistered and, if facing criminal prosecution, be forced to assert the affirmative defense in § 8.” Id. at 10. It declined to address the prosecution’s argument that a section 8 defense was not available because the marijuana was not kept in an “enclosed, locked facility” because defendants had not raised the issue on appeal and it had not been fully briefed by the parties. It noted, however, “that the language concerning an ‘enclosed, locked facility’ is set forth in the context of § 4, not in the context of § 8.” Redden, ___ Mich App at ____ (slip op at 11 n 8.)