Some Stuff On Sec. 8 But Also Some Other Stuff And Some Bickering, Off Topic Stuff And Some Name Calling-sprinkled With A Pinch Of Tangential Opinions

I will maintain a card as usual like I have for the last 13yrs with ALL my doctor records .20 yrs worth..X-rays...yada-yada....for insurance purposes(legal)..

..if my condition will never change why not a doctors recommendation stating such? the only need for the card is the legal aspect and as far as medical ....well...I have found which medicine works best for me along time ago...and my doctor agrees

and the doctor I currently have WiLL go to court for his patients....at a considerable cost and not begrudgingly

I am just a patient and don't grow so I am awake on possession

you are aware that you can now legally fly with your medicine in certain places and from certain state to medical state?

just sayin if you want those clones....1-2in your carryon bags

but with all the new unfettered access violating HIPPA protections and such...I really don't like the idea of some disgruntled trooper running my plates and putting me on the registry and into a trick bag

my doctor should be the only one that knows what my medical conditions are....and what they require

you think if I had aids or some communicable disease I would want a state trooper to get behind my car and be able to access that?

other states recognized the doctors recommendation as valid proof of a patients condition and the need for HIPA protection

and that is why a lot of patients quit registering with the respective states they were in....why would you want to be on a govt register that only recognizes federal law at this juncture....??...

the whole bona fide crap should be self evident....some of us are life long here

and articles like the front page of free press make me feel safer ....public opinion and SC decisions changing??

My girl friends uncle, Is a cancer Survivor (thanks Rick Simpson Oil) and has been pulled over 2 times for his muffler being a little loud..Both times the officers knew he was a medical Cannabis patient before he even gave him his ID/Insurance.One other friend went to renew her Drivers Licenses..When she was at the Secatary of States office..The lady told her "she should get off drugs" . With this being said..I can see why people would NOT want to reg. with the state.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "movement" is like herding cats. I am blown away at how crazily fractured it is. Before the MMJ laws we all toiled in the shadows, the internet forums were the place we shared our knowledge and shared our love of this magical herb. Sadly the medical side of it has really torn that friendly community to shreds.

We never spoke of the financial side of this back then, I guess that is where the blame lies.

I have given on behalf of this cause, as have many others. Still many more give nothing but opinions. I don't know what the answer is anymore. The lunatic fringe among us always seem to attract a following..

There are a lot of dysfunctional folks in that herd of cats as well.

Dr. Bob

SFC. That you are lined up with Rep. Ken Horn (remember him? The guy who wrote the amendments to the law, none of which have the slightest benefit for patients, with the possible exception of a 2 year registry?) tells me that you are working to do what you can to disperse the community on behalf of the legislature, which would no longer have the objection to their efforts that they have seen to date.

The "movement" is like herding cats. I am blown away at how crazily fractured it is. Before the MMJ laws we all toiled in the shadows, the internet forums were the place we shared our knowledge and shared our love of this magical herb. Sadly the medical side of it has really torn that friendly community to shreds.

We never spoke of the financial side of this back then......behind closed doors--

that is truly heartfelt and deserves recognition----truer words you seldom see here much anymore

GregS I won't call you a moron but i will say that you post some pretty wacky stuff from time to time. Your posts seems well thought-out and coherent at other times. Makes me wonder if you aren't on something sometimes... no offense though so don't take it the wrong way. I would direct you to a post made earlier in this thread where you mentioned a manic high or something and said you were unstoppable during your manic periods...

Maybe a visual to jog your memory------> :roadrage:

We never spoke of the financial side of this back then, I guess that is where the blame lies.

I have given on behalf of this cause, as have many others. Still many more give nothing but opinions. I don't know what the answer is anymore. The lunatic fringe among us always seem to attract a following..

This is the truth. It should be repeated!!

This is the truth. It should be repeated!!

I go back to my original statement about FM and transfers outside of the allowed caregiver to designated patient system. If you are going to do it, do it for free out of compassion. At least you can point to the Barry Co. ruling and say there was no direct or indirect compensation involved.

But then all these folks that are trying to justify the farmers market based on their 'opion' of the act start stammering. What they want is the transfer plus compensation and the financial aspect rears its' head again. And the truth comes out. Selective citation and Faith Based Logic are used to justify a financial end. And then the feathers and fur flies.

Dr. Bob

Probable cause and searches are fair game because they are a serious part of police involvement anywhere medical cannabis is involved. Section 8, and for that matter 4, are subject to police enforcement. If they were not a factor I would agree with bob. Under the circumstances I do not.

Edited by GregS

I still think we have an awesome law and providing Senator Jones doesn't get stupid with the house bills we will still have an awesome law, even if it will be less so. Those of us that grew before 2009 I am sure can tell you of the nightmares and paranoia we lived with back then. Looking back I cannot believe I put myself thru that. One 600 watt light grow risked everything I owned!

Fast forward to now. I have three patients and I sleep like a baby. I don't drive around "crop touring" like we did as young adults and teenagers, I don't take unnecessary risks, I don't solicit transfers with patients I do not know, I don't solicit transfers of genetics and I darn sure don't transfer for compensation to patients I am not carded for. And if I did I would know full well I was risking my status.

But alas, therein lies the fight. I am not doing this to pay bills or for anything other than a hobby that will supplement my income very modestly. That is the spirit of this law. If you are in this for altruistic or even modest intentions this law should be easy for you to work with. If you are looking at fully legalized and exploitable cannabis you will be left wanting or worse.

Stay modest, stay private= stay safe.

In the meantime we will absolutely continue to try to expand our freedoms under this law. WE ALL WANT THAT!

I still think we have an awesome law and providing Senator Jones doesn't get stupid with the house bills we will still have an awesome law, even if it will be less so. Those of us that grew before 2009 I am sure can tell you of the nightmares and paranoia we lived with back then. Looking back I cannot believe I put myself thru that. One 600 watt light grow risked everything I owned!

Fast forward to now. I have three patients and I sleep like a baby. I don't drive around "crop touring" like we did as young adults and teenagers, I don't take unnecessary risks, I don't solicit transfers with patients I do not know, I don't solicit transfers of genetics and I darn sure don't transfer for compensation to patients I am not carded for. And if I did I would know full well I was risking my status.

But alas, therein lies the fight. I am not doing this to pay bills or for anything other than a hobby that will supplement my income very modestly. That is the spirit of this law. If you are in this for altruistic or even modest intentions this law should be easy for you to work with. If you are looking at fully legalized and exploitable cannabis you will be left wanting or worse.

In the meantime we will absolutely continue to try to expand our freedoms under this law. WE ALL WANT THAT!

Hmmmm, guess I do understand it pretty well. And so does SFC it seems. The one with a lack of comprehension is the one that doesn't understand SFC's straightforward post. The commercial farmer. As I said, if you must share God's gift to mankind, do it for free. The circle shall come round.

Dr. Bob

Hmmmm, guess I do understand it pretty well. And so does SFC it seems. The one with a lack of comprehension is the one that doesn't understand SFC's straightforward post. The commercial farmer. As I said, if you must share God's gift to mankind, do it for free. The circle shall come round.

Dr. Bob

And you will do what you do for free?

Didn't think so.

Amen….That sums it up perfectly!! This is the best post I have seen in quite a while. Everyone should take this to heart!

amen and pass the jar around.

GregS, stop while you are behind, man. No offense but just reading your posts in this thread are exhausting. You have some interesting ideas but they have little connection with realities on the ground here in Michigan. Take a deep breath, it will be okay....

SFC. That you are lined up with Rep. Ken Horn (remember him? The guy who wrote the amendments to the law, none of which have the slightest benefit for patients, with the possible exception of a 2 year registry?) tells me that you are working to do what you can to disperse the community on behalf of the legislature, which would no longer have the objection to their efforts that they have seen to date.

Agreed.....

amen and pass the jar around.

GregS, stop while you are behind, man. No offense but just reading your posts in this thread are exhausting. You have some interesting ideas but they have little connection with realities on the ground here in Michigan. Take a deep breath, it will be okay....

It is unfortunate that you cannot seem to keep up.

And you will do what you do for free?

Didn't think so.

What my JOB- do my legal profession for free? Well let's see, it is a legal form of employment, it is a commercial business, and it is worth something, so yes, I charge because it is how I support my family and what I do for a living. Contrast that to caregiving, which is compassion based, for COST ONLY. It is NOT a commercial business, it is a hobby for which you can recover your costs from up to 5 patients. That is what is allowed under the law. It is not based on 'market price' or 'street price' it is simply the cost to you of growing medicine for someone that can't. While I do give away many services and certifications, I do not have to to stay within the law. Caregivers and patients going outside of the registry system in the name of compassion do.

The question was legal transfer under medical use for patients to which the caregiver (or patient) was not assigned. My response to all the compassion talk and p2p advocates was fine, do it without compensation- you have compassion, you get meds to someone that needs it, and you are sympathetic to a jury that must evaluate your medical use transfer theory. But the implication you make is that you are all for p2p as long as someone gets paid for it. Which goes back to the eariler statement that this was a better community until folks smelled money.

Folks that respond to the 'do it for free and you are safer' argument by demanding I give away certs not only fail to understand the difference between a business and basic recovery of expenses. They are people interested in commercial transfers for compensation and profit, masking it under the banner of 'compassion'. They want a job, not a hobby that simply helps others and doesn't cost you anything. And as of now, the COA says you can't do that under the MMMA. We'll see what the SC says.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

What my JOB- do my legal profession for free? Well let's see, it is a legal form of employment, it is a commercial business, and it is worth something, so yes, I charge because it is how I support my family and what I do for a living. Contrast that to caregiving, which is compassion based, for COST ONLY. It is NOT a commercial business, it is a hobby for which you can recover your costs from up to 5 patients. That is what is allowed under the law. It is not based on 'market price' or 'street price' it is simply the cost to you of growing medicine for someone that can't. While I do give away many services and certifications, I do not have to to stay within the law. Caregivers and patients going outside of the registry system in the name of compassion do.

The question was legal transfer under medical use for patients to which the caregiver (or patient) was not assigned. My response to all the compassion talk and p2p advocates was fine, do it without compensation- you have compassion, you get meds to someone that needs it, and you are sympathetic to a jury that must evaluate your medical use transfer theory. But the implication you make is that you are all for p2p as long as someone gets paid for it. Which goes back to the eariler statement that this was a better community until folks smelled money.

Folks that respond to the 'do it for free and you are safer' argument by demanding I give away certs not only fail to understand the difference between a business and basic recovery of expenses. They are people interested in commercial transfers for compensation and profit, masking it under the banner of 'compassion'. They want a job, not a hobby that simply helps others and doesn't cost you anything. And as of now, the COA says you can't do that under the MMMA. We'll see what the SC says.

Dr. Bob

i do not think the SC will let people sell meds for money at a dispensary and when the ruling does come down the courts will be full of people getting prosecuted