Clare County Compassion Busted?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/police_woman_arrested_for_ille.html

GRANT TOWNSHIP, MI — A 45-year-old Cadillac business owner was arrested today and is being charged with illegal delivery of marijuana, police said.

This is the third arrest in Clare County that police say involve marijuana sales in the past week.

The Clare County Prosecutor's Attorney had placed a cease and desist order on the Clare County Compassion Club, located in Grant Township, but complaints continued to come in that the business continued to sell marijuana, according to the Clare County Sheriff's Office.

Detective Sgt. Michael Coon said he observed a sale going on and made contact with the buyers.

The buyers indicated they were legal cardholders but did not have a caregiver, Coon said, adding that the sale was illegal because the caregiver was not licensed to the patients.

The 45-year-old female business owner was arrested for delivery of marijuana and lodged at the Clare County Jail. She will be arraigned on formal charges on June 21 in the 80th District Court, police said.

After a separate investigation, Clare County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Donald Hogan and his wife, Billie Jo Hogan, on Thursday, June 14.

They were arraigned Friday on charges of controlled substance, deliver/manufacture marijuana and conspiracy to deliver/manufacture marijuana.

The Hogans will be back in court for a Preliminary Hearing on June 25.

I guess one more for the Supreme Court to figure out for the Non-English reading Yocals.

The law says "a" registered patient.

How is it nobody in Leo can read and understand PLAIN ENGLISH.

On well, the Supremes will straighten them out eventually.

Another example of taxpayer money being Wasted...

Get Over It already, Sheesh. You Lost.....

I am confounded by why this is still going on, the patient and caregiver were/are connected through the registry ie; they are both registered in the systems registry.

Hopefully the judge will use common sense when applying protections of the act

Edited by ilynnboy

Common sense will eventually require cannabis be utilized as a tool of medicine again but allot of us are going to suffer and die prematurely because of greed , predjudice , hate , ignornace , ego's , and criminality negatively effecting our care as well as relationships with Doctors . The Government is so overtaken by those who profit from zero tolerance it can't except the change . But change is coming the question for everyone is do you want to be remembered as a " John Brown " or " Martin Luther King " one a man who gave into violence the other one of education and peace . They both considered themselved Christiann men . I can't imagine who will want to say they stood up for prohibition that is harming patients , caregivers and society twenty years from now .

I can understand how people are mistrustful who have never known suffering or hopelessness for a positive resolution as program patients do . We all have been taught our whole lives cannabis use is wrong so patients should be able to do someothing else to find the comfort cannabis can give . I have tried something else for 16 years that never worked or made this worse .. when is it ok to just have some comfort . I never would of believed one could suffer so much nor the neglect and shortcomings of the medical system to help patients effectively find comfort for injury and disease as well as medication treatment of injuries that fails over and over .

It is even more upsetting when you comprehend 8% of our Countries GDP is expected consist of paper shuffling by 2015 .We sit suffering in our homes and the system is so complex 40 cents of very dollar is spent on paperwork not patients . We are watching how this occured as those in Government are doing the same thing to our program .We are seeing them take away proper care to pay for it the exact opposite of whats needed . When enough of us die maybe things will eventually change .I will sit next to my computer trying to care for myself as able and cover for my mental and physical health deterioration as long as I can like the rest of you .

Edited by Croppled1

I guess one more for the Supreme Court to figure out for the Non-English reading Yocals.

The law says "a" registered patient.

How is it nobody in Leo can read and understand PLAIN ENGLISH.

On well, the Supremes will straighten them out eventually.

Another example of taxpayer money being Wasted...

Get Over It already, Sheesh. You Lost.....

I am confounded by why this is still going on, the patient and caregiver were/are connected through the registry ie; they are both registered in the systems registry.

Hopefully the judge will use common sense when applying protections of the act

i agree but he/they will need lots of $$$ to get it their and another thing is if the supreme court will here the case?? and if the judge uses common sense and they go free it will be appealed

it will be a long road for them i hope they come here so as we may be able to help inn some ways the MMMA could have some kind of fundraiser to help the Lawyers out

look at are case 3 and 1/2 years and still inn court and you would think are case would be easy because we had under plants and are Recommendations and the 21 days had passed and they were locked up and under 2.5oz and don't forget they had no warrant

o wish them luck

Peace From The Front

Bob

Common sense will eventually require cannabis be utilized as a tool of medicine again but allot of us are going to suffer and die prematurely because of greed , predjudice , hate , ignornace , ego's , and criminality negatively effecting our care as well as relationships with Doctors . The Government is so overtaken by those who profit from zero tolerance it can't except the change . But change is coming the question for everyone is do you want to be remembered as a " John Brown " or " Martin Luther King " one a man who gave into violence the other one of education and peace . They both considered themselved Christiann men . I can't imagine who will want to say they stood up for prohibition that is harming patients , caregivers and society twenty years from now .

I can understand how people are mistrustful who have never known suffering or hopelessness for a positive resolution as program patients do . We all have been taught our whole lives cannabis use is wrong so patients should be able to do someothing else to find the comfort cannabis can give . I have tried something else for 16 years that never worked or made this worse .. when is it ok to just have some comfort . I never would of believed one could suffer so much nor the neglect and shortcomings of the medical system to help patients effectively find comfort for injury and disease as well as medication treatment of injuries that fails over and over .

It is even more upsetting when you comprehend 8% of our Countries GDP is expected consist of paper shuffling by 2015 .We sit suffering in our homes and the system is so complex 40 cents of very dollar is spent on paperwork not patients . We are watching how this occured as those in Government are doing the same thing to our program .We are seeing them take away proper care to pay for it the exact opposite of whats needed . When enough of us die maybe things will eventually change .I will sit next to my computer trying to care for myself as able and cover for my mental and physical health deterioration as long as I can like the rest of you .

i do agree

and hope things get better for you

it is time for us all to stand up together as one

http://www.mlive.com...d_for_ille.html

GRANT TOWNSHIP, MI — A 45-year-old Cadillac business owner was arrested today and is being charged with illegal delivery of marijuana, police said.

This is the third arrest in Clare County that police say involve marijuana sales in the past week.

The Clare County Prosecutor's Attorney had placed a cease and desist order on the Clare County Compassion Club, located in Grant Township, but complaints continued to come in that the business continued to sell marijuana, according to the Clare County Sheriff's Office.

Detective Sgt. Michael Coon said he observed a sale going on and made contact with the buyers.

The buyers indicated they were legal cardholders but did not have a caregiver, Coon said, adding that the sale was illegal because the caregiver was not licensed to the patients.

The 45-year-old female business owner was arrested for delivery of marijuana and lodged at the Clare County Jail. She will be arraigned on formal charges on June 21 in the 80th District Court, police said.

After a separate investigation, Clare County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Donald Hogan and his wife, Billie Jo Hogan, on Thursday, June 14.

They were arraigned Friday on charges of controlled substance, deliver/manufacture marijuana and conspiracy to deliver/manufacture marijuana.

This is/was the Dispense in Harrison,Michigan..They have been seeling to NON carded Patients..clare County Compassion Club WAs/is NOT ENVOLVED n this what so ever..Our Club Does NOT run a dispense and never have,,,

Any one have correct current news?? the news stated woman busted

for delivery to a registered card holder from the CCC.

This was n Harrison ,Michigan..The people who was running this dispense , as selling to NON patients..I was at a friends house a day or so afterwards..He was telling me his nephew was there buying. His Nephew just told the store people a different name( of a customer of theres..) and they sold to him..Another friend said they knew 9 people buying from there with OUT a card.This is a small town..doesnt take long..

http://www.mlive.com...d_for_ille.html

If they had had 3 arrestes..They must be talking bout 3 at the Dispense..Cause there hasnt been anything else n the news..Or they made the prson Plea to Possesion when they had a card n there hand..Seen that cpl times..then they say ..These people wouldnt have MM if it wasnt legal..Well of course not..but no portetcion there.

my caregiver card only gives the name of my patients no others, and the law states this >or assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process

the law does not state that we are all connected ,, we are all registered but not connected

This issue has been visited and revisited and here we are again. Just because you are registered does not mean you are "connected" to everyone in the program. Two reasons:

1. It's absurd. You are no more connected to everyone in the program than you are connected to everyone with a drivers license if you have a drivers license. Reading it in a manner that implies everyone is connected is to not employ proper English and grammar whilst interpreting.

2. The act requires that you be connected through the dept's registration process. Rules of statutory interpretation require every word be given meaning within a law and that there are no extra words. If the intent of the law was that everyone was connected by virtue of the fact that they are registered then the sentence would only need read:

". . .for assisting a registered qualifying patient. . ."

and not what it actually does read which is, ". . .for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process. . ."

Interpreting it in a way that suggests everyone is connected means half of that sentence is nothing but extra redundant words.

Whether you have a sec 8 defense is a different matter but you don't have sec 4 protections in this case. Proper sentence structure, English, and grammatical rules dictate this result. And if that isn't enough, proper statutory interpretation also dictates this result.

Edited by CaveatLector

my caregiver card only gives the name of my patients no others, and the law states this >or assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process

the law does not state that we are all connected ,, we are all registered but not connected

This is correct, this nonsense of anyone with a card being connected to anyone else with a card or any caregiver is just that, nonsense.

It is unfortunate it is still being put out there on the board.

Dr. Bob

This is correct, this nonsense of anyone with a card being connected to anyone else with a card or any caregiver is just that, nonsense.

It is unfortunate it is still being put out there on the board.

Dr. Bob

and i do agree but i have been thinking about this and i think it maybe why the AG was trying to appeal the wordS THE and A

OK then we need to know about the people from other States are they not Not connected but also protected

Edited by bobandtorey