White House Chef Says Future Food To Be Made From Chemicals, Not Real Food Ingredients

knucklehead bob

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who, by the way are the 'WE' you are speaking of?

You and your group of pompous know it all's ?

Maybe the rest of us don't need any of your input.

I have only spoken up because I have had enough

of the few of you trying to control these boards with

back handed insults.

If that is what makes the few of you feel better about

yourselves to hide behind a screen name and insult

others because they do not agree w/ your opinion,

have at it. You may think yourselves intellegent but

the more you have to say it, the less the rest of us

believe you.

Thank you, as always for behaving just as I thought

you would.

Talk about gang mentality.

OMG grow the flower up.

Really? Why don't you bother to read the thread before YOU start insulting people. I wasn't the one casting aspersions, your buddy was. Make some sense if you are going to post. At least make it LOOK like you read the thread. I expressed my opinion and mr mighty decided I am all wrong. So this is how this has played out entirely: "You're wrong, I'm right, overpopulation is a myth. You share the same fascist ideology as GW Bush."

Read the thread because, at this point, I don't need to point out your ignorance because you're doing a good enough job doing it yourself. You can disagree with my opinion but my expressing my opinion doesn't mean I'm trying to control the board. I have an opinion, you don't have to like it. Your buddy is the one trying to exercise all of the control with his unsubstantiated theory that overpopulation is a myth. Clearly you don't see that so I'm probably wasting my time on you.

Edited by CaveatLector

you still don't get it do you ?

you can't see past your self inflated opinion of yourself.

please go back to where ever it was your were b4 you

came back here. "WE" were much better off w/ out your

opinions and over bloated sense of importance.

This is not about just this thread, in case you haven't been

able to figure that out.. doh.

i read the entire thread just for your information.

I am not defending anyone..

I am just sick of your pretentiousness.

get a life.

you still don't get it do you ?

you can't see past your self inflated opinion of yourself.

please go back to where ever it was your were b4 you

came back here. "WE" were much better off w/ out your

opinions and over bloated sense of importance.

This is not about just this thread, in case you haven't been

able to figure that out.. doh.

i read the entire thread just for your information.

I am not defending anyone..

I am just sick of your pretentiousness.

get a life.

Talk about a wet blanket. Maybe you could go back to our childhoods and show us where we went wrong? LOL I think it would be better to attack on the issues. Be specific. Quote a post maybe? Do some research on a topic.

Yes, quoting a post would be helpful to support a person's position if that position were VALID.

Fact is, I posted my opinion on genetically modified food and world population. This imiubu character attacked my post with some comment about me being negative. My post wasn't negative, it stated that if population trends continue unchecked that we will one day have food shortage issues. That's about as negative as a Dr telling his patient that the patient needs to lose weight.

"You need to lose weight Steve. If your current weight gain trends continue you are a perfect candidate for heart disease and diabetes in the future."

Steve: "WHAT? Why do you have to be so negative????"

My post wasn't negative in the least. It stated an opinion based on the logical progression of population growth. Clearly that was too hard for some to understand. I think imiubu piped up because he wanted to join mr mghty's bandwagon.

You can hold the opinion that we can build farms into the clouds and raise organic crops to support 100 billion people on this earth. That's an opinion that anyone is entitled to. That doesn't make my opinion wrong or negative. I think imiubu needs a period of self-reflection. So self reflect. Then go back and read the thread with pencil and paper in hand. Then put a hash mark in the mighty column every time he insults me. Likewise, put a hash mark in my column when I insult him (or anyone). Then you'll see who is hurling the insults and whom it is that cannot stand when someone holds an opinion that isn't in line with his own.

Lastly, I'll refer you back to the post where mighty got nasty and said since I am concerned about population growth I must share the same ideology as fascists and GW Bush. So, make some sense when you are hurling your own insults. Then maybe you can PM mighty and ask him how many people the earth can hold. Then let me know. If his answer is "an infinite number," then he is at least being consistent. If he gives a number or some other parameter then I guess he's as squirmy as a red wriggler!

Edited by CaveatLector

woooo wooooo, big men ganging up... i will not argue w/ you as the point is moot.

you will find yourself 'right' in any situation.

make you both feel better to tag team ? one can't fight their own ?

insult me again please. it makes you look so big and powerful.

lol

I think over-population is a myth. Seems to me we could easily sustain way more people while improving conditions by simply utilizing our intelligence. We allow Cannabis to be made illegal for crying out loud.

So you think the earth's capacity is infinite? Not just that it can hold an infinite number of people but has the resources as well?

Now how do you get "infinite" out of "way more?" To me, and maybe I am out of my mind here but when I hear that phrase I think "a substantial amount more or many more" not an unlimited amount more. If I had meant unlimited I would have said something that indicated that. This harassment over a genuinely obtuse interpretation on your part is ridiculous. For the board's sake you have to stop.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Just wait to see the food prices after the drought this summer

Severe Drought Will Serve Up Severe Food Bill in 2013 - TheStreet

www.thestreet.com/.../severe-drought-will-serve-up-severe-food-bill-...

4 days ago – The severe drought across the Midwest has crippled corn and soy yields, but the most ... Just wait for the runup that is coming in food prices.

Edited by cristinew

Now how do you get "infinite" out of "way more?" To me, and maybe I am out of my mind here but when I hear that phrase I think "a substantial amount more or many more" not an unlimited amount more. If I had meant unlimited I would have said something that indicated that. This harassment over a genuinely obtuse interpretation on your part is ridiculous. For the board's sake you have to stop.

He placed a question mark after the question for a reason. He wasn't acusing you of anything, he was asking you if it was what you thought. How do you get harrassment out of that? If you call that harassment then you better leave the net, it's too harsh for you. Either ignore it, or answer it, don't whine.

Are you kidding me? I posted my opinions and YOU harassed me with your fascism and Bush comments. I suggest you go back and read line by line.

Furthermore, your line, "If I had meant unlimited I would have said something that indicated that." Uhh, you DID say something that indicated that! You said that overpopulation is a myth. You first put me down for saying we need to do something about the population and then you said overpopulation is a myth. If overpopulation is a myth then why is it inconceiveable that an infinite number of people could live on earth? I asked you maybe 8 times how many people can live on the earth and you have pulled the old red wriggler on me. Give me a straight answer! If overpopulation is a myth then presumably the earth cannot overpopulate. It's YOUR reasoning, not mine.

Lastly, Restorium is correct. I am not saying that you think an infinite population could live here. I am ASKING. Presumably (at least in my mind) there has to be a number of people, between zero and infinity, that can live here. Sure you cannot come up with a number within 10 people but you can give us a range. So I'm holding your feet to the fire. What's the number? And after you answer that you can tell me how we aren't going to crest that number someday without some attention to keeping the population in stasis.

woooo wooooo, big men ganging up... i will not argue w/ you as the point is moot.

you will find yourself 'right' in any situation.

make you both feel better to tag team ? one can't fight their own ?

insult me again please. it makes you look so big and powerful.

lol

Oh I see how it is, no one else is allowed to express their opinions if they align with mine lest they risk "ganging up." Are we in middle school?

I seem to recall you supporting mr mighty back on the first page of this thread. That was before ANYONE chimed in to support anything I said. Was that YOU, "ganging up?"

Can we say h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?? Seems that is one characteristic you share with the red wriggler himself.

I love the double standards. Makes for good comedy if nothing else. When one has double standards, and circular reasoning, things always come back to bite them in the arse.

Make you feel better to tag team? One can't fight on their own? :lolu:

Lastly, please cut and paste any insult made towards you by me. As far as I remember I have pointed out the lack of knowledge on your part in regard to what has been posted before you piped up. Other than that there were no personal insults. You and your friend are the one doing the insulting. Shall I make a list of those?

Edited by CaveatLector

Are you kidding me? I posted my opinions and YOU harassed me with your fascism and Bush comments. I suggest you go back and read line by line.

Furthermore, your line, "If I had meant unlimited I would have said something that indicated that." Uhh, you DID say something that indicated that! You said that overpopulation is a myth. You first put me down for saying we need to do something about the population and then you said overpopulation is a myth. If overpopulation is a myth then why is it inconceiveable that an infinite number of people could live on earth? I asked you maybe 8 times how many people can live on the earth and you have pulled the old red wriggler on me. Give me a straight answer! If overpopulation is a myth then presumably the earth cannot overpopulate. It's YOUR reasoning, not mine.

Lastly, Restorium is correct. I am not saying that you think an infinite population could live here. I am ASKING. Presumably (at least in my mind) there has to be a number of people, between zero and infinity, that can live here. Sure you cannot come up with a number within 10 people but you can give us a range. So I'm holding your feet to the fire. What's the number? And after you answer that you can tell me how we aren't going to crest that number someday without some attention to keeping the population in stasis.

Hey! Dork! I explained what my definition is a long time ago and obviously it doesn't include unlimited amounts of people. Are you serious in thinking like that? How do you get through the day???

intelligence and wisdom.?? we have not enough of that in this world .. so we are better off with less people fukin it up.

The easiest way I can see to start increasing those is to disallow government institutions and their "backers" in industry the ability to ban Cannabis sativa. It alleviates so many problems in this world. How evil is it that hemp can't be grown? How do we make them comply? Reach critical mass. Let every state become a medical marijuana state. Bring pressure to bear on those jerks. Vote em out. Drag em out by their ears. Fukc it.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Who, by the way are the 'WE' you are speaking of?

You and your group of pompous know it all's ?

Maybe the rest of us don't need any of your input.

I have only spoken up because I have had enough

of the few of you trying to control these boards with

back handed insults.

If that is what makes the few of you feel better about

yourselves to hide behind a screen name and insult

others because they do not agree w/ your opinion,

have at it. You may think yourselves intellegent but

the more you have to say it, the less the rest of us

believe you.

Thank you, as always for behaving just as I thought

you would.

Talk about gang mentality.

The numbers I gave aren't good enough? What more do you want? Anyway, it really depends on our level of intelligence and wisdom. At some point the pressure to expand off-world would be greater than the obstacles.

You didn't give numbers. You threw something out then said, "I don't know."

Pull up your trousers, your red wriggler is showing.

But, fine, we'll take that 200 bil that you referenced. So is that the ceiling then?