White House Chef Says Future Food To Be Made From Chemicals, Not Real Food Ingredients

knucklehead bob

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wrote a paragraph on why GMOs are the only way to go but no, it's another display of pedantic weaseling. Hey I don't mind if you have the same kind of compassion as GHW Bush and people like that. That's up to you. I'm just noticing it, that's all.

And I don't mind if you are a conspiracy theorist like McCarthy. He was a good American afterall, right? I bet your parents are proud!

But I'm not like McCarthy - that's the difference.

Over-population is a myth as in the idea that we are in imminent danger of it is seriously overblown. We can grow more highly nutritious food and more of it I'm sure. It's not over-population, it's under-preparation.

One more thing: Don't you ever say one more thing about my parents. If you want to get on that level we might as well meet up and deal with each other face to face.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

But I'm not like McCarthy - that's the difference.

Over-population is a myth as in the idea that we are in imminent danger of it is seriously overblown. We can grow more highly nutritious food and more of it I'm sure. It's not over-population, it's under-preparation.

One more thing: Don't you ever say one more thing about my parents. If you want to get on that level we might as well meet up and deal with each other face to face.

You don't like the fact that I said genetic modifications may be necessary one day. Tough. You don't have all of the answers and you don't know despite what your usename suggests. So you can go ahead and guess that the world will never be overpopulated. But that's all you can do is guess.

As for imminent danger of overpopulation, that's YOUR term. I never said it is imminent I said the population increase is not sustainable if it keeps up at the same rate. It must be cut back. That's simple mathematics. You can do simple math, right? If so then you realize that there will come a time when population will need to be controlled. Deciding that it is too soon to have that discussion is awfully selfish. Pretending like that discussion is somehow contrary to humanity and makes one GW Bush is outlandish. I prefer to live in reality. You, however, are free to pay it no mind. Put population out of your mind since it won't likely ever materially affect you. Seems you share the same ideology and line of thinking as Rush Limbaugh. "I can afford to pay for incandescent bulbs so why can't I use them?" So maybe that earns you a new nickname---RL. Of course you can choose to decide for yourself that the RL reference is merely made to reference your splendid fashion sense and wardrobe. :lolu:

Why are we approaching the limit? There is tons of space. We can grow better and higher quality food. I'm pretty sure if we are smart we can get a handle on desalination so we can have more water. Why can't we fix our power problem? We are just going to be pushed around by Big Oil forever? Where is that Bruce Hornsby song?

Yeah, you do have a point there. With smarter living it could be done, but that would mean no more McDonalds or Burger King. Could this be a good thing? I think we waste enough food that it could sustain another billion people, but the logistics of getting the wasted food to them might be insurmountable. In a world of plenty we still have starving people. I imagine this will only get worse as the population increases.

As the population increases and competition for water and land increases, there will be more wars over water and land. Wars result in population decreases so the problem subsides until the population increases and fights over land and water erupt again. Also, there is a chance that another pandemic will sweep the world and kill off 1/3 of the people. What a joyful breath of fresh air I am today, eh?

Backpedaling now from "GM is the only way to go in the future" to "GM may be necessary;" more semantic squirming. You're squirmier than a Red Wiggler, CaveatLector.

I see no reason why we cannot solve the nutrition shortage (the crux of the over-population myth *yes, my definition*) by prioritizing the growing of nutritious food. There's this one plant I heard about whose seeds are probably the most nutritious food in the plant kingdom, but there are these people in industry and government who make it impossible to grow the plant for food. They want to force genetically modified crops onto the world that make the soil even worse than conventional practices.

Backpedaling now from "GM is the only way to go in the future" to "GM may be necessary;" more semantic squirming. You're squirmier than a Red Wiggler, CaveatLector.

I see no reason why we cannot solve the nutrition shortage (the crux of the over-population myth *yes, my definition*) by prioritizing the growing of nutritious food. There's this one plant I heard about whose seeds are probably the most nutritious food in the plant kingdom, but there are these people in industry and government who make it impossible to grow the plant for food. They want to force genetically modified crops onto the world that make the soil even worse than conventional practices.

Yes, take it out of context and parse my words.

Your continual, "what, me worry?" attitude shows your lack of foundation necessary to discuss population increases. That, coupled with your penchant for shoving your head in the sand everytime I ask how much population the world can hold makes it clear that you have no desire to discuss the issue of overpopulation. Just call it a myth and move on.

Again, if the world population continues to grow at its current rate we will double in population every 50 years, So what, then, is overpopulation? Is it when there is only 1 square yard of land per human? At what point is your front lawn no longer large enough to support your food consumption for the year? Oh, yes, it's all a myth. No need to discuss it.

What happens to humans when there is a drought after we quadruple the population? Right now we can absorb much of the disaster suffered by crops. Once the population reaches a critical mass absorption will become harder and harder. Again, it's simple mathematics. So, AGAIN, how many people can the earth hold/support?????? Overpopulation is a myth so I suppose 1 square yard per person is reasonable!

HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN THE EARTH SUPPORT? If your answer is an infinite number then you are true to your ideology that overpopulation is a myth. If you put a number on it then I suppose YOU have backpedaled. If you simply don't answer the question then you share debate tactics utilized by the likes of peanut.

Edited by CaveatLector

Blah, blah, blah, bullfukcingshiit. I'm bored with this.

Well of course you are bored with it--you're cornered. Just like when the peanut is cornered you dump the chess board.

Maybe some day when you are so bored you are watching paint dry then you will remember this thread and, in an effort to reduce your primary boredom, you will grace us with your answer. The world is waiting. We want to know what the might mighty oz, I mean mezz, thinks about world population.

I'll ask again. How much is too much? At what point is the world overpopulated? How many humans can it hold? "Overpopulation is a myth," isnt an answer.

Well of course you are bored with it--you're cornered. Just like when the peanut is cornered you dump the chess board.

Maybe some day when you are so bored you are watching paint dry then you will remember this thread and, in an effort to reduce your primary boredom, you will grace us with your answer. The world is waiting. We want to know what the might mighty oz, I mean mezz, thinks about world population.

I'll ask again. How much is too much? At what point is the world overpopulated? How many humans can it hold? "Overpopulation is a myth," isnt an answer.

I don't see why we couldn't support two or three or four times as many human beings or maybe more with a little planning. 200 billion? I don't know. That would require quite a bit of innovation. I certainly don't think it's out of the question. There's this big light in the sky that puts out a lot o' watts for us to use.

it is not about debate w/ you caveat, restorium and the likes of your crowd.

it is about you thinking your thoughts are the only right ones, you are pathetic.

You stink up the place w/ your self inflated egos.

edit to add:

go ahead and insult my intellegence as that seems to be your mo.

your opinion of anything means naught to me.

Edited by imiubu

it is about you thinking your thoughts are the only right ones, you are pathetic.

edit to add:

Says the one with the narrow mind!

How about we read the thread before we mutter? If you bothered to do that you would see that I was the one throwing up alternatives. Everything I said was dismissed as a "myth" by that contrarian whom insists that HIS thoughts are the only "right" ones. Maybe a quick read of the thread will help you get on track before you spout off next time.

Observe, if you will, that the mighty one insisted that overpopulation is a myth. I asked 3 or 4 times how much the earth can hold. He still hasn't answered. Sure he finally threw out the figure of 200 billion followed by, "I don't know." Do you not see that? He insists over and over that overpopulation is a myth and, when cornered, won't reveal his mighty wisdom as to how many people the earth can hold. This isn't rocket science. The earth has a finite amount of resources. It doesn't matter how many high rise apartment buildings you construct to hold people--we still need insfrastructure to survive.

Lastly, I will point out that it is the mighty oz that has continually insulted MY intelligence so how about you throw stones in his general direction. Furthermore, he has name-called like a school boy.

Clearly you are here to support your friend and not a position. It's like peanut's neighbor piping up in peanut's support, in the radiation thread, with his comments that lacked foundation and were tantamount to a shrill, "well you're ugly, so there!" Is that the club of which you want to be a part?

Maybe you can help me a long with my fascist, GW Bush ideology. Are you taking the position that human population can be supported in infinite numbers on earth? Or should we maybe think about future generations? According to mighty oz we can all grow crops in our front yards and that should support infinite numbers. All natural growing. What a wonderful hippie commune that would be, huh?

Edited by CaveatLector

You are such a liar. Imiubu is right: you're a blight on this forum.

Liar liar pants on fire! Show me the lie.

And while you're typing make sure to include the earth's human capacity. Still waiting for that answer.

And, if by blight, you mean I don't fall in line with your opinions in that I am forward thinking and concerned about future generations on earth then I'm happy to accept your operational definition and label.

Edited by CaveatLector

Says the one with the narrow mind!

How about we read the thread before we mutter? If you bothered to do that you would see that I was the one throwing up alternatives. Everything I said was dismissed as a "myth" by that contrarian whom insists that HIS thoughts are the only "right" ones. Maybe a quick read of the thread will help you get on track before you spout off next time.

Observe, if you will, that the mighty one insisted that overpopulation is a myth. I asked 3 or 4 times how much the earth can hold. He still hasn't answered. Sure he finally threw out the figure of 200 billion followed by, "I don't know." Do you not see that? He insists over and over that overpopulation is a myth and, when cornered, won't reveal his mighty wisdom as to how many people the earth can hold. This isn't rocket science. The earth has a finite amount of resources. It doesn't matter how many high rise apartment buildings you construct to hold people--we still need insfrastructure to survive.

Lastly, I will point out that it is the mighty oz that has continually insulted MY intelligence so how about you throw stones in his general direction. Furthermore, he has name-called like a school boy.

Clearly you are here to support your friend and not a position. It's like peanut's neighbor piping up in peanut's support, in the radiation thread, with his comments that lacked foundation and were tantamount to a shrill, "well you're ugly, so there!" Is that the club of which you want to be a part?

Maybe you can help me a long with my fascist, GW Bush ideology. Are you taking the position that human population can be supported in infinite numbers on earth? Or should we maybe think about future generations? According to mighty oz we can all grow crops in our front yards and that should support infinite numbers. All natural growing. What a wonderful hippie commune that would be, huh?

I will not waste my time w/ you any longer.

go suck your own wind.

Right. We definitely need more content like you guys offer.

edit to add:

You are such a liar. Imiubu is right: you're a blight on this forum.

I will not waste my time w/ you any longer.

go suck your own wind.

If you want to get on that level we might as well meet up and deal with each other face to face.

You're squirmier than a Red Wiggler, CaveatLector.