No Dispenseries?

Birdman

what is so hard to beleive that the despenses are closed down for the most part after the c.o.a ruling?

All of the despenses in houghton lake are gone, the one in pinconning is gone, there are none in my part of the woods that I know of, Ive heard rumors there is one between west branch and gladwin, but you wont catch me in one, they are not legal! even a farm market was shut down by me, um bethany I believe ran that one, she got warned and when it did not shut down, she got arrested, people protested when she was in jail, and some one came up with her bond, I dont know what the repercussions were of her being arrested, maybe she can answer that one, or Mibrains, he used to be involved, I believe he took the warning serious and didnt get arrested!

Peace

Jim

p.s and anyone supplying the despense with mm is breaking the law unless they have a pt there, and then they can only drop off 2.5 oz's per pt that are connected to c.g thru the registry, meaning c.g needs a c.g card with pt on the back, not just anyone who has a card!

its a ways but there is Beacon of Light in Bay City. been raided 2 or 3 times, and have opened up after each time.

ironically, there is one on the corner of M-30 and M-61 east of Gladwin, but Gladwin Cops treat it like Oakland.

it all depends on county and how they are dealing with them. most are not allowing them. but others are.

for the record, while i can see the need (which could be better covered in a FM type setting imo) im not much of a fan of dispensaries. They Bring on the Federal Eyeballs While we have had some federal cases and plenty of raids, for the most part Mi has been somewhat quiet on the large scale federal raids. If it is a Brick and Mortar Business, The JackBoot Brigade will be on its way to knock and say howdy.

I think FMs may be better suited overall to help Pts, but there is always the possibility of those being raided, at which time more than just a few owners/budtenders are getting hit.

I am of the opinion, the Pt/CG system is the Perfect Compromise between Pts needs and Least probability of Legal Issues, mainly because its CG/Pt to CG/Pt, and they surely will do their best to keep each others private information private, or I would hope anyways.

I will not advocate for dispensaries, nor will I advocate against them, but I will ensure any Dispensary law that may ensue, falls 2nd to the MMM Act first and foremost, and 2nd, to be sure everyone has as much understanding of the federal arm that may come along with them.

We have a system that is designed and was working well, though going through understandable Growing pains. Dispensary Outlets brang some blow back by means of more attention by LEO. Its a give and Take, but imo, we should do whatever we can to keep this an In State fight. The Feds are already involved too much, they do not need another reason to come in.

its a ways but there is Beacon of Light in Bay City. been raided 2 or 3 times, and have opened up after each time.

ironically, there is one on the corner of M-30 and M-61 east of Gladwin, but Gladwin Cops treat it like Oakland.

it all depends on county and how they are dealing with them. most are not allowing them. but others are.

for the record, while i can see the need (which could be better covered in a FM type setting imo) im not much of a fan of dispensaries. They Bring on the Federal Eyeballs While we have had some federal cases and plenty of raids, for the most part Mi has been somewhat quiet on the large scale federal raids. If it is a Brick and Mortar Business, The JackBoot Brigade will be on its way to knock and say howdy.

I think FMs may be better suited overall to help Pts, but there is always the possibility of those being raided, at which time more than just a few owners/budtenders are getting hit.

I am of the opinion, the Pt/CG system is the Perfect Compromise between Pts needs and Least probability of Legal Issues, mainly because its CG/Pt to CG/Pt, and they surely will do their best to keep each others private information private, or I would hope anyways.

I will not advocate for dispensaries, nor will I advocate against them, but I will ensure any Dispensary law that may ensue, falls 2nd to the MMM Act first and foremost, and 2nd, to be sure everyone has as much understanding of the federal arm that may come along with them.

We have a system that is designed and was working well, though going through understandable Growing pains. Dispensary Outlets brang some blow back by means of more attention by LEO. Its a give and Take, but imo, we should do whatever we can to keep this an In State fight. The Feds are already involved too much, they do not need another reason to come in.

Agreed!

Peace

Jim

it's hard to keep a dispensary open. where i live in upper MI it seems like they always get shut down as soon as they start up. i think a lot of it is for tax evasion issues. i know this one placce has you make a 'donation' and you get an herbal pill or pills in exchange. they are actually useless and pretty much just represent tokens. you turn them in and get medicine in return. i say better off just growing your own. much cheaper that way. ebay has cheap equipment just make sure they have good feedback. htgsupply.com is also great. sorry i couldnt really be much help.

Edited by chernobyl

it's hard to keep a dispensary open. where i live in upper MI it seems like they always get shut down as soon as they start up. i think a lot of it is for tax evasion issues. i know this one placce has you make a 'donation' and you get an herbal pill or pills in exchange. they are actually useless and pretty much just represent tokens. you turn them in and get medicine in return. i say better off just growing your own. much cheaper that way. ebay has cheap equipment just make sure they have good feedback. htgsupply.com is also great. sorry i couldnt really be much help.

I do grow my own and have thousands of dollars in equipment currently chugging away. My main problem is I just moved and need meds NOW while I'm waiting on my ladies to finish. I don't mind paying the dispensery prices, it's just the long four hour drive. I don't drive and have to pay someone to carry me and go days without meds. I wish I could find a temp caregiver or some patient friends closer to home. Kinda sucks I'm spending thousands of dollars at dispenseries that I could be donating to a local caregiver who could really use the cash. Thanks for the reply though!!

Ya we just moved up to Gogebic county recently which is also a border county in the eastern UP. There are no dispensaries in the area.im going to call the city manager again tommorow and find out about ordanaces.will report back

Uh, you're in the western UP. Hello from Dickinson County, right down US 2.

Birdman, have you tried to reach out to any of the local mj/MMJ groups? Man, there has to be something going on down your way short of driving four hours to a dispensary.

I've been trying to contact the local Berrien County Compassion Club but their website has been down for maintenance. I just joined MI Norml hoping to find someone in this area. I did find a closer dispensery. 30 grams of O.G. cost me a $600.00 donation. 30 grams will only last me about 5 days.

I just put some Oh! Zone clones in the flower room on Friday, so figure I've got another 2 months of dispensery medicating to look forward to.

Seems the MMMP would have some kind of temporary caregiver program while you are waiting to harvest instead of having to find a dispensery.

Money is not the problem and I'm not complaining about the prices at all. My health is worth millions. No transportation and no close dispenseries are my only issue.

I've been trying to contact the local Berrien County Compassion Club but their website has been down for maintenance. I just joined MI Norml hoping to find someone in this area. I did find a closer dispensery. 30 grams of O.G. cost me a $600.00 donation. 30 grams will only last me about 5 days.

I just put some Oh! Zone clones in the flower room on Friday, so figure I've got another 2 months of dispensery medicating to look forward to.

Seems the MMMP would have some kind of temporary caregiver program while you are waiting to harvest instead of having to find a dispensery.

Money is not the problem and I'm not complaining about the prices at all. My health is worth millions. No transportation and no close dispenseries are my only issue.

Find a care-giver and keep him until you're ready to strike out on your own. people do it all the time. You don't have to give your CG possession of the plants.

Find a care-giver and keep him until you're ready to strike out on your own. people do it all the time. You don't have to give your CG possession of the plants.

I noticed "No Caregiver" is stamped on the back of my card in huge letters. I want to stay within the MMMA Rules. Not sure I can legally keep my grow in operation and have a caregiver both. I will check into it. THANKS!

I noticed "No Caregiver" is stamped on the back of my card in huge letters. I want to stay within the MMMA Rules. Not sure I can legally keep my grow in operation and have a caregiver both. I will check into it. THANKS!

I've seen cards where there is a caregiver listed on the back, yet it says on the front that the patient is the ones with the plants.

Yes, you're allowed to have a CG and still keep possession of your plants. It's Section C on the registration form. It is in fact, the only thing in Section C. You can see it here:

http://www.michigan....09_272862_7.pdf

Wow PB! For someone so busy as an activist, I'm surprised you don't know what's on the registration form. I mean this is a simple cut and dry issue, and you didn't have an answer. I''m just surprised that's all.

Yes, you're allowed to have a CG and still keep possession of your plants. It's Section C on the registration form. It is in fact, the only thing in Section C. You can see it here:

http://www.michigan....09_272862_7.pdf

Wow PB! For someone so busy as an activist, I'm surprised you don't know what's on the registration form. I mean this is a simple cut and dry issue, and you didn't have an answer. I''m just surprised that's all.

Thanks for providing the link.

Edit .. I just got back from a long day. The post you're poking fun at was my last post on my way out.

Edited by peanutbutter

THANKS ALL!

I found a very dependable ride to K-Zoo every other week until my ladies are ready. It may cost me out the yazoo, but I'd rather do this than re-register and apply for a caregiver. Since I'm getting 2.5 oz every other week for two months I may get a decent donation quote.

Thanks again for all replies and have a great day!!

THANKS ALL!

I found a very dependable ride to K-Zoo every other week until my ladies are ready. It may cost me out the yazoo, but I'd rather do this than re-register and apply for a caregiver. Since I'm getting 2.5 oz every other week for two months I may get a decent donation quote.

Thanks again for all replies and have a great day!!

You don't have to re-register, all you have to do is send in a change form. It costs $10.

Personally, I would do that before I bought from a dispensary that is going to take all my personal information to hold until they are raided by LEO. As it stands now LEO doesn't have access to our records. I believe that by going to a dispensary I an jeopardizing my right to privacy.

You don't have to re-register, all you have to do is send in a change form. It costs $10.

Personally, I would do that before I bought from a dispensary that is going to take all my personal information to hold until they are raided by LEO. As it stands now LEO doesn't have access to our records. I believe that by going to a dispensary I an jeopardizing my right to privacy.

Excellent advice! How long does it take for the change after submitting the change app?

Excellent advice! How long does it take for the change after submitting the change app?

I would say it's legally safe 20 days after you have certified proof Lara received it. BUT you need to watch the mail for another certified mailing from LARA that the caregiver didn't qualify because of a record issue. That's been known to happen. A potential caregiver can check their record at ICHAT.

I would say it's legally safe 20 days after you have certified proof Lara received it. BUT you need to watch the mail for another certified mailing from LARA that the caregiver didn't qualify because of a record issue. That's been known to happen. A potential caregiver can check their record at ICHAT.

I may do that. If I can have a cg and keep my grow that works for me. I'm assuming the 20 days while I'm waiting for the cg changes my current patient card is still valid? I still need to go to a dispensery. I haven't ate anything since Saturday and I'm really feeling it today.

Appreciate your time!