Medical Marijuana Supporters Not Donating To Obama

Libertarians are good people to just like democrats , LOL

does anyone believe we have a right to be tried in a common law court in Michigan?

Like to know what the Lawyers have to say about this,, Jack Kevorkian was tried in Oakland under common law

and to be trode in common law court there must be a victim

Chronology | The Kevorkian Verdict | FRONTLINE | PBS

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kevorkian/chronology.html

An Oakland County Circuit Court Judge enjoins Kevorkian from aiding in any .... protest against the fact that he is being tried under centuries-old common law.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medical Marijuana Supporters Not Donating To Obama ?

Sure they are.

eta..... If you guys weren't so busy deleting my posts you wouldn't have anything to do.

it amazes me how much energy, time and money the repubs will spend to loose. ferrino is a good study

be our bud and feel what its like to win for a change

Vote all republicans Out

Edited by beourbud

To be more specific, during the Barb Agro trial in Oakland County Circuit Court, a few activists did some questionable jury education outside the courthouse, and the prosecutor and judge did not seem to appreciate it, calling it potential jury tampering. Apparently each member of the jury was called up and asked whether they could still render a guilty verdict in the case. I do not know how the question was asked, but I do know that many watching the proceeding felt that the jurors were pressured or threatened by the interaction.

It was not just the prosecutor and judge that were angry, the defense felt it hurt their case directly. I know of one CPU attorney who contacted Mr. Cain directly to advise him he would have him arrested if he showed up and acted up at his clients case. To his credit, Mr. Cain backed down....

It was not just the prosecutor and judge that were angry, the defense felt it hurt their case directly. I know of one CPU attorney who contacted Mr. Cain directly to advise him he would have him arrested if he showed up and acted up at his clients case. To his credit, Mr. Cain backed down....

I don't think Joe was at that case.

Jury Acquits Kevorkian in Common-Law Case

JACK LESSENBERRY

Published: May 15, 1996

Dr. Jack Kevorkian today was found not guilty of violating Michigan common law against assisted suicide, closing two cases that his lawyers said were by far the most significant of the five acquittals he has won at three trials.

The jury saved me," said Dr. Kevorkian, who appeared deeply moved.

Just before the Oakland County Circuit Court jury announced its verdict, Dr. Kevorkian, a retired pathologist, said over lunch in the courthouse cafeteria that he was beginning to fear he would be convicted. Moments later, his meal was interrupted by news of the verdict.

"What this proves is that while this may be a sin to you," Dr. Kevorkian said to reporters minutes later, "one thing is clear: For any enlightened human being, this can never be a crime."

His main lawyer, Geoffrey Fieger, said: "This will be the last Kevorkian trial. Despite a blatant attempt by the prosecution and certain judges to rig this trial, the jury saw through it. Thank God for the jury system."

Jury Acquits Kevorkian in Common-Law Case

JACK LESSENBERRY

Published: May 15, 1996

Dr. Jack Kevorkian today was found not guilty of violating Michigan common law against assisted suicide, closing two cases that his lawyers said were by far the most significant of the five acquittals he has won at three trials.

The jury saved me," said Dr. Kevorkian, who appeared deeply moved.

Just before the Oakland County Circuit Court jury announced its verdict, Dr. Kevorkian, a retired pathologist, said over lunch in the courthouse cafeteria that he was beginning to fear he would be convicted. Moments later, his meal was interrupted by news of the verdict.

"What this proves is that while this may be a sin to you," Dr. Kevorkian said to reporters minutes later, "one thing is clear: For any enlightened human being, this can never be a crime."

His main lawyer, Geoffrey Fieger, said: "This will be the last Kevorkian trial. Despite a blatant attempt by the prosecution and certain judges to rig this trial, the jury saw through it. Thank God for the jury system."

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Ads by Google

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Lawrence Bunting, the chief assistant prosecutor who argued the case, would not say whether his office would again charge Dr. Kevorkian, who assisted in his 28th suicide between sessions on the witness stand last week.

But Michael Modelski, a former Oakland County assistant prosecutor who is a Kevorkian foe, agreed that this would probably be the last time Dr. Kevorkian would be tried for assisting in a suicide. Prosecutors have not filed charges against him in the last eight suicides he has attended, and this case was the last outstanding proceeding against him.

This trial was considerably different from the two earlier trials at which Dr. Kevorkian was acquitted. Those trials -- one in Detroit in 1994 and the other here early this year -- were prosecuted under a now-expired Michigan law.

That law forbidding anyone from assisting in suicides did not apply if a doctor caused death while trying to administer "medications or procedures" to relieve pain and suffering. The three people who Dr. Kevorkian assisted in suicide in those cases were also indisputably terminally ill.

He was acquitted today in the deaths of Marjorie Wantz, 58, and Sherry Miller, 43, who died side by side on Oct. 23, 1991, in a cabin in a Bald Mountain State Recreation Area. Mrs. Miller, who died by breathing carbon monoxide through a mask, had multiple sclerosis, which prosecutors said was not fatal. Mrs. Wantz, who used a lethal injection machine Dr. Kevorkian invented, had been in constant pain from a series of bungled surgeries to remove her vulva. Even Dr. Kevorkian conceded that her condition was not terminal.

Originally, the Oakland County prosecutor, Richard Thompson, sought to charge Dr. Kevorkian, 67, with murder in the deaths, but Judge David Breck of Oakland County Circuit Court dismissed the cases, ruling that the women had killed themselves and finding that Michigan had no law against assisted suicide.

Three years later, in December 1994, the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that assisted suicide had always been a "common-law crime," or one that was based on custom rather than legislated, and the case was reopened. Legal scholars in the state said no known precedent existed for the court's ruling.

I think you mean that he was tried under a common law crime. Generally common law, in Michigan, is still law unless changed by statute.

you know Im no Lawyer, but this is how I interpreted this doc I found regarding said jurisdiction:

I believe that to be charged under Common Law there has to be a victim with actual damages like a broken arm. However to reserve your common law rights you would have to make a valid Reservation of Rights UCC1-207.7. Else you will be tried under UCC1-308 which was adopted in 1964 as the Law of the Land.

Universal Commercial Contract Law; since 1964

you know Im no Lawyer, but this is how I interpreted this doc I found regarding said jurisdiction:

I believe that to be charged under Common Law there has to be a victim with actual damages like a broken arm. However to reserve your common law rights you would have to make a valid Reservation of Rights UCC1-207.7. Else you will be tried under UCC1-308 which was adopted in 1964 as the Law of the Land.

Universal Commercial Contract Law; since 1964

The UCC is the Uniform Commercial Code. The UCC deals with sales and negotiable instruments and secured transactions and a few other things. It isn't a criminal code. Referencing it in this context isn't relevant.

Even though they aren't on the ballot, I believe Ron Paul is still a republican, by name. I also know that Gary Johnson respects my rights and he was a republican governor. Too bad the republicans hate those two guys so much. I also know there are many democrats who hate us and our medicine, like Oakland County prosecuter J Cooper, so your point is mostly correct, but please take the blinders off the one side to see what both sides are all about. Both sides are against you and me. Democrats talk a good game but have done nothing to help us here. Obama has certainly not been our friend. Romney hates us, but you guys seem to see that side. Have any cases in Oakland County been prosecuted under anyone other than the democratic prosecuter? Ms Cooper is hard at work in Oakland County making sure that as many MM patients go to jail and forfiet their assets as possible. But hey, maybe if you vote a strict party ticket and hope for the best, it may work out. Please be advised, unless you already were aware, that both parties are against you and your individual human rights.

Ok, go ahead and attack now because I have the audacity to call out democrats who are against MM and individual human rights, just as much or more than the republicans that you hate so much. Go ahead, I will listen to your defenses of Mr Obama and Ms Cooper, and your attacks against the bearer of this information. Show us you really believe that the good of the group outways our individual human rights. If you follow that philosophy, see where that gets you if you are that individual who must be sacrificed for the good of the many. Kingpinn, how does it feel? Bob & Torey? I am sure you are satisfied to know that it is for the good of the many that you are to be sacrificed here.

May we find some help soon. You guys who can easily see the faults on one side, please take he blinders off the other side and help us out here. We could really use all of you, with us, together, voting out those who want to do harm to individuals they don't like (but who have harmed no others)nd vote for folks who respect the rights of each individual human being, regardless of any group affiliation or not. Please, please, think about what you are doing each time you vote for someone who thinks individual human rights do not matter. We can get more folks to run based on this philosophy instead of group/herd mentality which we should have evolved past by now. Can we count on you to stand up for my individual human rights? I promise to stand up for yours when I vote next month. Or, you could keep voting for people that hate individual human rights and keep getting screwed and wondering why. I hope you all decide enough is enough, and soon.

Anyways, I'll vote to protect your individual human rights, and those of your friends, families, and everone who lives. I ask you to do the same for my grandkids please.

Peace...

secured transactions is not that a fine? and a fine is a transaction when they compel you to pay

A secured transaction is a transaction in which the lender retains a security interest (ownership) over something until a debt is paid off. Think of a mortgage or a car loan where there is a lien on title. Like I said, not relevant here.

Even though they aren't on the ballot, I believe Ron Paul is still a republican, by name. I also know that Gary Johnson respects my rights and he was a republican governor. Too bad the republicans hate those two guys so much. I also know there are many democrats who hate us and our medicine, like Oakland County prosecuter J Cooper, so your point is mostly correct, but please take the blinders off the one side to see what both sides are all about. Both sides are against you and me. Democrats talk a good game but have done nothing to help us here. Obama has certainly not been our friend. Romney hates us, but you guys seem to see that side. Have any cases in Oakland County been prosecuted under anyone other than the democratic prosecuter? Ms Cooper is hard at work in Oakland County making sure that as many MM patients go to jail and forfiet their assets as possible. But hey, maybe if you vote a strict party ticket and hope for the best, it may work out. Please be advised, unless you already were aware, that both parties are against you and your individual human rights.

Ok, go ahead and attack now because I have the audacity to call out democrats who are against MM and individual human rights, just as much or more than the republicans that you hate so much. Go ahead, I will listen to your defenses of Mr Obama and Ms Cooper, and your attacks against the bearer of this information. Show us you really believe that the good of the group outways our individual human rights. If you follow that philosophy, see where that gets you if you are that individual who must be sacrificed for the good of the many. Kingpinn, how does it feel? Bob & Torey? I am sure you are satisfied to know that it is for the good of the many that you are to be sacrificed here.

May we find some help soon. You guys who can easily see the faults on one side, please take he blinders off the other side and help us out here. We could really use all of you, with us, together, voting out those who want to do harm to individuals they don't like (but who have harmed no others)nd vote for folks who respect the rights of each individual human being, regardless of any group affiliation or not. Please, please, think about what you are doing each time you vote for someone who thinks individual human rights do not matter. We can get more folks to run based on this philosophy instead of group/herd mentality which we should have evolved past by now. Can we count on you to stand up for my individual human rights? I promise to stand up for yours when I vote next month. Or, you could keep voting for people that hate individual human rights and keep getting screwed and wondering why. I hope you all decide enough is enough, and soon.

Anyways, I'll vote to protect your individual human rights, and those of your friends, families, and everone who lives. I ask you to do the same for my grandkids please.

Peace...

It's election time. We must unify. All the rest is just blah blah blah. Unless you want to lose. It's just strength in numbers. It's not me me me, it's us us us.

It's election time. We must unify. All the rest is just blah blah blah. Unless you want to lose. It's just strength in numbers. It's not me me me, it's us us us.

Not to the point of excluding republicans.

That has us making statements that cause them to circle the wagons against us.

We can't afford to push them away.

Next .. if you are so much on the inside of the democratic party, tell them to get their act together. There are a LOT of democrats that stand against us. They are supposed to support us, according to their party platform.

Ask them why they are not supporting their own party platform about mmj.

Just because someone is democratic, doesn't mean they support us.

Just because someone is republican, doesn't mean they are against us.

Heaven forbid that we teach some republican that they are SUPPOSED to fight us.

Edited by peanutbutter

Not to the point of excluding republicans.

That has us making statements that cause them to circle the wagons against us.

We can't afford to push them away.

Next .. if you are so much on the inside of the democratic party, tell them to get their act together. There are a LOT of democrats that stand against us. They are supposed to support us, according to their party platform.

Ask them why they are not supporting their own party platform about mmj.

Just because someone is democratic, doesn't mean they support us.

Just because someone is republican, doesn't mean they are against us.

Heaven forbid that we teach some republican that they are SUPPOSED to fight us.

We will have one party win whether you like that or not. That's how it works right now. You can't change that in this election cycle. Take your pick. Which one will help cannabis more? We know the answer is not the republicans. No matter how small or large the difference is, we know the score. If you can't remember then just look at my signature. There are two paths, choose one. Anyone who votes with medical cannabis in mind knows that the Dems are helping us more(see signature). The only thing I've heard out of the mouth of a medical cannabis advocate voting republican, that makes any sense, is that they think there are more important things to vote about than medical cannabis. Those people are stand up and not BSing anyone. The rest that are parsing words are dragging us down the loser path again.

"One of two choices" is in error.

I avoid choosing evil to rule over me. Even if it is the lessor of two.

Libertarian .. I vote what I believe.

BS. You are giving money to the republican party. I read your posts. You are giving money to the republican party so you can continue with your money making adventure at the dispensaries. Libertarian my foot. Has Calton switched too? Flip flop?

BS. You are giving money to the republican party. I read your posts. You are giving money to the republican party so you can continue with your money making adventure at the dispensaries. Libertarian my foot. Has Calton switched too? Flip flop?

You forgot to mention that I got elected as a republican county delegate.

Working to change the republican view on the topic, I have a much larger target group, for change potential, than you do.

"WE" need more slices of the demographic pie.

Edited by peanutbutter