House And Senate Voted To Amend The Act Last Night

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must remember that the bar for conditions as the law currently reads is debilitating; they are not there to discuss anything that can be helped with cannabis.

Scratch bed sores. edit .. maybe these do qualify .. thoughts?

Burns kill.

Wounds that don't heal also kill.

Bones that don't heal should qualify.

MRSA is noted in research, but I don't have cases.

Edited by peanutbutter

If it is a new condition (conditions only, not "living in a hospice"), even if it is covered symptomatically, submit a petition, please, with accompanying documentation. It might be a good idea to post it here before to pick up more information and get edits prior to submitting.

How about "any terminal condition?"

Oh .. my main worry is that the majority of cases I can present involve my topical oil.

You would draw skeptisism because they might see you as solely having money making motives if you present something with your name in it. You could just describe your successes as using cannabis oil with added ingredients that help it work through the skin. Be a little generic about the added ingredients. Make it so anyone could do it adding simple ingredients and no one will think you have other motives. That should fly.

It is not a condition. It is multiple, non-specific conditions that have a common prognosis. That will not work. They will not even review the petition.

A terminal medical condition is just that. A terminal medical condition.

Cancer is listed. Yet not every form of cancer is listed. They are all lumped into a single condition.

Bob that would be awsome, I hope they start dropping cases that have no legal merrit, and I have no Idea how they can tell you that you cant use being an mm pt or c.g as a defense, Isnt that what the law was written for?

Peace

Jim

Thanks Jim for your support you have been their for us from the start and it means a lot to us

Their is no reason for the Courts to do what they have done to us and many more that our inn the Court System that were legal

We are Grateful to have Lawyers that are helping us because they know the truth and the truth will always stand even in Court

We will be FREE soon we can feel it and then others will not have to worry if

It happens to them they will be able to do the same

Actually, strike that comment about doctor fraud. There was an underlying current in the discussion that somehow they could not trust all physicians with cannabis certification for any debilitating condition. It seemed that at least a few were concerned about "letting the horse out of the barn" so to speak, by approving a new condition. This did not fully come out during the Parkinson's debate, but was apparent during the PTSD debate.

You can be sure they will not approve high blood pressure then. That surely would be seen as letting the horse out the barn. Everyone would qualify. Game over.

Not the impression I had.

I was told that CPU paid a lobbyist to tell lawmakers to ignore me. Made every one of my efforts an uphill fight.

CPU has an unpaid lobbyist, me, in fact. I tried to avoid using your "handle" Peanutbutter while at the Capitol, because I thought the idea of referring to a grown man as Peanutbutter, or Blueberry with Reps or Sens as utterly ridiculous. Don't think yourself so important to assume I would even mention you or your work. It was not my mission as I was all about alternate language and keeping the bills from being voted on; and I have no power to tell anyone at the Capitol who to ignore. That suggestion you make is simply untrue.

You can just forget that getting a rise from me. Any difficulties you had were of your own making.

CPU has an unpaid lobbyist, me, in fact. I tried to avoid using your "handle" Peanutbutter while at the Capitol, because I thought the idea of referring to a grown man as Peanutbutter, or Blueberry with Reps or Sens as utterly ridiculous. Don't think yourself so important to assume I would even mention you or your work. It was not my mission as I was all about alternate language and keeping the bills from being voted on; and I have no power to tell anyone at the Capitol who to ignore. That suggestion you make is simply untrue.

You can just forget that getting a rise from me. Any difficulties you had were of your own making.

So I can count on not being undermined at LARA?

I think everyone else is really trying to be nice to ya pb.

I will be nice by telling you the harsh truth.

We absolutely never mention your name because the people you generally have contact with think you are a nut and it would make us look like fools to associate ourselves with you.

*shrug*

You have been the butt of many a joke for your hearing testimonies; such as saying you wanted to drive legislators around stoned to the bejesus to prove driving is ok. Hahaha...

I have so many examples there is no reason to go on with it, but suffice it to say, people hear you, but most do not listen.

This has nothing to do with whether we agree with you or disagree on certain things, this is about understanding how your actions, motives,ideas, and presentation of yourself goes over with people outside our community so to speak.

I think you have a wealth of knowledge pb. I really do. I just think you take an evangelical approach to presenting your views and it comes across,.... well,... nutty.

It damages everything you say.

That is what you need to work on and maybe that will help you to be listened to, not just heard.

Don't be grumpy at me, take it is a dose of tough love and maybe improve your approach. It would be helpful to all of us and may add cedibility to what you say and do.

As another example, the "condition" that qualifies MS. It lumps many conditions if they will produce seizures. The prognosis as a condition.

Actually, MS in and of itself is not a covered condition. What the law reads is: severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

My thought is that only those medical issues that present the types of muscle spasms characteristic of multiple sclerosis are covered. Not all muscle spasms, just those types.

The point on seizures includes those conditions with the characteristic of epilepsy, not directly epilepsy itself.

But then, I’m not a doctor, and I don’t sign certifications.

Edited by Ms Chocolate

Actually, MS in and of itself is not a covered condition. What the law reads is: severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

My thought is that only those medical issues that present the types of muscle spasms characteristic of multiple sclerosis are covered. Not all muscle spasms, just those types.

The point on seizures includes those conditions with the characteristic of epilepsy, not directly epilepsy itself.

But then, I’m not a doctor, and I don’t sign certifications.

Your views on muscle spasms are very restrictive. As a patient, I have experienced cannabis help with muscle spasms associated with chronic pain and also the lung muscle spasms due to asthma.