What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vending machines were in a chain of tobacco store/head shops. The owner of the chain didn't own the machines. They were owned by an outside corporation. The feds came in and confiscated the machines and didn't press charges against the store owner, fortunately. They did leave it open though.

How do we guarantee the owner of the head shop, bar (bad idea), coffee shop, etc. that they aren't endangering their business?

The vending machines were in a chain of tobacco store/head shops. The owner of the chain didn't own the machines. They were owned by an outside corporation. The feds came in and confiscated the machines and didn't press charges against the store owner, fortunately. They did leave it open though.

How do we guarantee the owner of the head shop, bar (bad idea), coffee shop, etc. that they aren't endangering their business?

A lot of these businesses that Northern touched on, like head shops, are being watched closely, and the local law enforcement would be all over them in a heartbeat if they set up a 'transfer station'.

It would be wise to run it by the local prosecuting attorney, and of course consult your own attorney.

I think this is pretty low risk, considering that all you are doing is providing a place for caregivers to transfer to their assigned patients.

Because if we know what is in the locker, proven by the IDing, then we are in possession of the MMJ, and it would be illegal for us to possess it.

Intent.

That's where my chain of custody comment came from a bunch of pages ago. It's really hard to not break the chain of custody for something you are responsible for on forms to the state.

The vending machines were in a locked backroom about the size of a closet. Pts had to present an MMMJ ID card and they were given access to the room by an employee of the store that was in possession of a key. Totally illegal according to the McQueen ruling. Not all of this scenario is consistent with the current discussion, but some of it is relevant.

It would be wise to run it by the local prosecuting attorney, and of course consult your own attorney.

I think this is pretty low risk, considering that all you are doing is providing a place for caregivers to transfer to their assigned patients.

SAY WHAT??? Run it past my local prosecutor? I don't think you live in my world.

Edited by Restorium2

Constructive possession. Please go back to page 23. We've already been through this.

Intent.

The intent is to facilitate a transfer between a caregiver and their assigned patient.

I understand the concept of constructive possession, but I do not see how you could be in possession of something you do not have access to.

Because it's in your building, and you knowingly have it in your building. Talk to a lawyer. I don't know what else to tell you on this.

Thanks...