What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

SFC

Yes the Circuit court, the 1st trial.

It was in reference to the fact that some dispensaries were operating legally. Then court decisons that held more weight and mattered on a broader scale stated that they were not. The later rulings created the dispensary black market.

The whole time almost ALL prosecutors thought that the ONLY legal distribution was between people connected by their cards. You are siting some twisted history.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire your ability to look at everything with such rose colored glasses. Reality is much darker. With 4271 they had an opportunity to introduce a good bill and then to market that bill honorably. They did neither. Now it is funny I have seen a half dozen pro-dispensary advocates including Peanut and Jojo the clown already claiming to have single handedly fixed 4271 but reality is not even close.

The introduced bill will now have to go back to legislative services for the re-writes, but here's the deal, we do not know WHAT or IF any official language changes have even been introduced. You don't just tell them "change this line to this and that line to that". No, you actually have to re-write the section how you think it should be and then legislative services will alter it from there. But before that happens the republican Caucus is going to discuss it and they will decide what priority it has. If they decide to go forward with it they will possibly submit changes, then MSP, PAAM and the Black hand Bill Schuette get their crack at it. Finally legislative services will submit it back to go before the committee. If it somehow makes it thru committee it will go back to legislative services for some more tweaking before finally getting a vote on the floor.

Cue it all over again in the senate.

Edited by SFC

It was once impossible to walk on the moon.

Today our government can shut down 120,000 home grows M.

From what I have seen here once they say put em away 85% of residents will put plants away of fear alone.

That leaves not 120,000 anymore.

They cannot shut down in weekend but 3 months...yea.

They have address to all if needed.

Do not underestimate.

Ok

Let me first say that I may be guilty of what I don't want to see. I have not been giving your qualified opinions the consideration they deserve. I have seen enough evidence from enough sources to know that the current bill could very well be an attempt at restricting access.

I don't want to believe that at this point, after Colorado and Washington, that our legislature can still be this ignorant. It is very likely a possibility.

I have spent over half my life believing in the plant. I would like to think Michigan, which has a history of being a battle ground of ideas, was ready to help right the course. The decision makers might not be there yet.

I will continue to pursue what I think is right. I understand that 4271 might not be it.

I will not believe that 4271 doesn't have a chance of becoming something useful. The concept of true access and choice is too important to me. Times are changing and more and more people are recognizing the ridiculous attitudes towards the plant. Maybe this bill isn't the answer but it is up to us to make sure it happens. I accept that I have been shown some of my misconceptions.

I choose to look at life as positively as I can. I believe we effect our reality.

To all that participated in this conversation, thank you.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Good deal OG.

Being able to see others views is important. You may find something ya didnt know about.

But even so, i would never tell you to not contact your legislator and make your personal views known. If you support this dispensary bill, tell em. :-) We are all part of government and should participate.

I would just suggest holding off a little bit maybe until you see what starts developing with this bill. Premature substantiation may not be great if they dork over the bill. Hard to "take it back". They will be like.."It's your bill, you all supported it and asked for it". And the bill dorks us over. It happens all the time.

Information, intention and direction will show itself soon.

It's too bad we don't have law makers with a mind to do us some good or you could get all of what you want. But if 350,000 of us have to be regulated for your pipe dream then it's FAIL. This bill is a mess and would send us backwards.

Maybe it's a mess now but that will change @ 4:20AM as we all now

No they were not. Take Prosecutor Leyton for example. He said that if dispensaries were not just a building where caregivers are servicing their patients they are ILLEGAL. Every which way you try to wiggly around this you are wrong. He's the prosecutor in a county that had/has many dispensaries.

I wounded how things are their now last year it was on jam and the bomb

Ok

Let me first say that I may be guilty of what I don't want to see. I have not been giving your qualified opinions the consideration they deserve. I have seen enough evidence from enough sources to know that the current bill could very well be an attempt at restricting access.

I don't want to believe that at this point, after Colorado and Washington, that our legislature can still be this ignorant. It is very likely a possibility.

I have spent over half my life believing in the plant. I would like to think Michigan, which has a history of being a battle ground of ideas, was ready to help right the course. The decision makers might not be there yet.

I will continue to pursue what I think is right. I understand that 4271 might not be it.

I will not believe that 4271 doesn't have a chance of becoming something useful. The concept of true access and choice is too important to me. Times are changing and more and more people are recognizing the ridiculous attitudes towards the plant. Maybe this bill isn't the answer but it is up to us to make sure it happens. I accept that I have been shown some of my misconceptions.

I choose to look at life as positively as I can. I believe we effect our reality.

We have went to great lengths to help you see things in the proper context of this situation we patients are in. Thanks for listening with an open mind. Now we ask that you take what you have learned here and pass it on. You are in a position to help us greatly. The position of new enlightenment amongst people who are in the dark. If you do this effectively you will always have us here watching out for your patient interests OG. That's our only priority. If we thought this bill had any chance of helping patients, more than hurting patients, you would see us fighting just as hard to make it work.

Ok

How bout using that same energy and take us to the next station on this crazy train....unregulated legalization

couldnt be further from the truth plenty of testing at most markets, the one i go to has testing there, well next door. now the couple disp ive stepped foot in had nada.... nope farmers markets the best bet.

Caregivers are the best bet. Always caregivers. The only improvement over a caregiver is; Teach a patient how to grow.

thats already there, and as ive expressed leaves room for pts to suffer. no act of growing anything is perfect. im asking for options, farmers market is the best approach i see.

No. They are not safe if the prosecutors thinks they are illegal. No denial of that now. Farm markets could be a great thing for future plans when we actually can ask for something, and have a chance that it will be granted. It should be one of the things at the top of the list when we have decent folks replace the legislature we have now.

thats already there, and as ive expressed leaves room for pts to suffer. no act of growing anything is perfect. im asking for options, farmers market is the best approach i see.

Then take off the blinders

There is a renewed groundswell of interest in farming...let nature take it's course

There will be lots of choice and options.

It's ALL GOOD

Edited by beourbud

What is wrong with a locker system in which the proprietor acts solely as a rental agent, and has no knowledge or interest in what people store? Having people come at will to store and retrieve whatever is in those lockers can be easily managed. The owners' only intrest is that rents are paid promptly and the property not damaged. I have tried to incite this conversation, and have seen no valid criticism, but only snarky referrals to it as a bad idea, and without reason given. Can we have that conversation?

A system that allows patients to retrieve cannabls, after having been given the okay by their caregivers, would not be so much a profitable business in and of itself, but would work as an ancillary revenue stream in many small businesses. Take for instance a tobacco shop or a coffee shop. Further enhanced with a private, members only area for patients, again as an aside to the primary business of a profit center, it could make it a destination. This leaves things as proximally in the hands of patients and caregivers as any legal means I have heard.

Edited by GregS

What is irresponsible is to hand the state and local communities the option to operate wildly profitable dispensaries, a.k.a., provisioning centers, at an onerous cost to patients. The likelihood that these governments would let low cost competition that provides quality procuct on the part of caregivers and patients persist is slim to none. Remember it was they who stonewalled the issue longer than anyone can remember, working some nefarious and unreasonable means to keep cannabis out of our hands. There is something to be said for the fact that we reached out and finally took the prerogatives to enjoy the benefits of marijuana to ourselves. Now the government is butthurt and wants the money. If it were not for the money, it is a pretty safe bet there would not be members of both political parties signing onto the bill. In short, they cannot be trusted. I say this not as a matter of speculation, but experience.

I'm with ya greg.

I thought something like that would go well inside a head shop, even a bar.

Heck, there could be locker kiosks all over the state, all 100 percent compliant with the Supreme Court ruling.

LOL Put something of value in a locker anonymously and expect something of equal value to be put in there to compensate you anonymously. Yes, that would work in a world full of Mother Teresa act alikes. I can image that I put an ounce of my best in one of these lockers and I get a little thank you note from my anomymous admirer telling how stupid I was to expect to get paid fairly anonymously. You say you run a business?