What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

I do not have dominion, control, or ownership of the contents. No constructive possession. And I could give a schit less about what is stored, as long as rents are paid and my property undamaged.

Actually you would have constructive possession. I know someone that was convicted in court in Chicago for constructive possession of stolen property. His roommate robbed an apartment and brought a TV back to his house at 3 am. The person never saw the TV until he was woken by the police and arrested at 6 am. Burglary charges were dropped against him, but he was still convicted of constructive possession of stolen property.

Just because you didn't see what was on your property, doesn't mean you aren't responsible for it.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see some benefit of this lock box. I do like to meet patients face to face but it can be tough. And I like to get away for a few days at a time. So it would be nice to have five post office style boxes I could stock up so patients could get what they need when they need it. Probably better if a CG has 20 patients but I also know some people who are old school growers, the type who have been paranoid for 25 years. These are the types someone mentioned - awesome growers but socially they are infants and are very reclusive. These types of guys would take on patients if they didn't need to meet much.

And I've had patients who want quarters most of the time. For me to meet a patient to deliver a quarter costs me more than I could ever charge the patient for that quarter. So lock boxes would drop costs. Another way to put this is that I don't deliver quarters anymore so if a patient could swing by Greg's "cannaboxes etc." he could help cut his own cost for meds

I don't think this would be huge but anything to cut a CGs cost to the patient and compel a few more growers to take patients is worth looking at.

........and who pays for the locker? Couldn't my patient just come to my house and we wouldn't have the extra cost of a locker?

A lot of us have busy lives and busy schedules, so we sometimes don't have much time to wait around for 1 another.

Some patients I know have a caregiver that lives hours away from them, if there were a halfway point where meds could be dropped for them, it would be much more convenient for them.

It is up to the patient and caregiver as to who actually pays for the locker, but the caregiver would be responsible for renting it in his or her name. It's not like it's going to be extremely expensive anyway, I'm thinking along the lines of a few bucks a week per locker.

The cops would see this locker fiasco as a diversion tactic. The seller leaves a bag and who ever can pick it up. You guys really need to start looking at things trying to see their point of view. They really are a consideration with any of these ideas. Law enforcement would consider this a way that a caregiver could pretend they were servicing a patient but trying to get plausible deniability that the meds were being purposely diverted. You have to do what you have to do to get the meds to your patient. If you think that you are going to be off the hook if 'the wrong person' picks it up I think you might be wrong about that action.

Why not just use a vending machine? Only your PTs would have access to it. Lock it up in a small outbuilding and give PTs the key.

Exactly. That's a great example to prove the problems with the lockers. If you look at the legal model marijuana vending machine you see that there has to be extreme accountibility to even pretend they are legal. That means quantity, price, identity, all have to be documented to do a long distance transfer like that. Good analogy Celli, It really clears up the picture.

The cops would see this locker fiasco as a diversion tactic. The seller leaves a bag and who ever can pick it up. You guys really need to start looking at things trying to see their point of view. They really are a consideration with any of these ideas. Law enforcement would consider this a way that a caregiver could pretend they were servicing a patient but trying to get plausible deniability that the meds were being purposely diverted. You have to do what you have to do to get the meds to your patient. If you think that you are going to be off the hook if 'the wrong person' picks it up I think you might be wrong about that action.

There are steps that could be taken to prevent that sort of activity. Checking ID, uniquely key locks that only a caregiver and a patient possess, etc.

How do you keep your PT from transferring the key to a friend? Do you pay someone 24/7 to check IDs?

You check their ID before allowing access to the locker area.

If this locker were placed in a business, you would obviously only need to check ID's during business hours.

I don't see it working any other way.

Edited by Northern Lab

There are steps that could be taken to prevent that sort of activity. Checking ID, uniquely key locks that only a caregiver and a patient possess, etc.

No, not going to fly. Law enforcement would have to start with the assumption that you weren't trying to divert. They would have to trust you. They don't start there.

For the locker to be anywhere near legal it would have to operate like those vending machines. Check them out.

Hmmmm, rent construction of lockers, full-time employee to check IDs and clean up, security.........How much are yoou gonna charge for one of these lockers??????

Right, it's a flop. I knew that back in '09 when I first heard about it with Greg S. I can't believe he even brought this back up now. It's not only a bad idea from law enforcement's point of view, it's not even cost effective.

Exactly, so you need an employee as long as the locker place is open.

Not necessarily, it's not really that hard to check ID's, takes a few seconds per person.

This goes back to intent too. If they are just normal storage lockers, why the need to ID the patrons?

To keep the cops and restorium happy.

Not necessarily, it's not really that hard to check ID's, takes a few seconds per person.

To keep the cops and restorium happy.

First you call me Joe Cain and now you say that finding ways to keep your stupid arse out of trouble is just me happily being a jackwagon cop. Every single time that your hairbrained idea gets shown to be stupid you come back with this garbage. Learn to acccept your failing idea with grace and quit acting like a drama queeny.

Edited by Restorium2