What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually,... Intent- Would a reasonable person understand what the locker is being used for?

The intent is, again, to collect rents. What would a reasonable person think the locker is being used for? Storing documents? Valuables? Confidential effects? Legal substances? Firearms?

There is, again, a complete section of law devoted to storage rental and protecting owners from any criminal liability for crimes committed by their tenants that the owner is unaware of. When the tenant takes out the pistol and blows away a couple of kids, just because that's the way things happen in America, the facility owner cannot be charged.

Edited by GregS

Yes... i didnt actually fully read what ya proposed there, i skimmed it quickly dismissing it as another scheme,... heh... sorry.., read enough of them,...

But in general, those are the concepts about possession that must be dealt with. COnstructive possession and Intent.

I mean, even banks have run into problems back when they were allowing mafia bosses to store items in their lock boxes. A "reasonable person" knew what was being stored and it was the responsibility of the bank to report suspicious behaviour on certain circumstances laid out in law.

So,... yes, storgae owners are exempt if they don't know or a reasonable person would assume it was being used legally. But if they knew then they can pulled in on charges because of it.

I won;t get into how this concept crosses over to medical marijuana in wtvr angle is being discussed,... but that is the round hole,... figure out how to get your square peg into it. :-)

Yes... i didnt actually fully read what ya proposed there, i skimmed it quickly dismissing it as another scheme,... heh... sorry.., read enough of them,...

But in general, those are the concepts about possession that must be dealt with. COnstructive possession and Intent.

I mean, even banks have run into problems back when they were allowing mafia bosses to store items in their lock boxes. A "reasonable person" knew what was being stored and it was the responsibility of the bank to report suspicious behaviour on certain circumstances laid out in law.

So,... yes, storgae owners are exempt if they don't know or a reasonable person would assume it was being used legally. But if they knew then they can pulled in on charges because of it.

I won;t get into how this concept crosses over to medical marijuana in wtvr angle is being discussed,... but that is the round hole,... figure out how to get your square peg into it. :-)

It will be up to the tenants and those who they permit access to to find the round peg. My bet is they will. There is convenience, confidentiality, and privacy to be considered. I think the last two would especially appeal to renters.

May i also add, that this thread alone is enough to prove Intent.,

hahaha...

This is maybe just loose and prospective musing. I have said nothing to express that only cannabis be permitted to be stored, but anything a renter would wish to store. MM is only one of any number of things, and it is not illegal to store it in a private place, especially under lock and key.

I don't understand what this thing is with a caregiver having to meet a patient. I mean Heaven forbid a caregiver may have to look at a sick patient. Lordy Lordy.

Hahaha...

I mean, at MAX ya have 5 patients. Need to see em a few times a month if your a generous caregiver. Whats the big deal? Might actually get a free dinner out of it aye?

:-)

This is maybe just loose and prospective musing. I have said nothing to express that only cannabis be permitted to be stored, but anything a renter would wish to store. MM is only one of any number of things, and it is not illegal to store it in a private place, especially under lock and key.

This is how we kick the PC bill in the gonads.

Actually!,... i know someone who gets free frssh eggs and homemade soap!..

Yeap... no chit batman.

Caregiver fringe benefits. Fresh eggs.

It's kinda funny, not intentionally making point, but it is. and its true.

hahahaha.

I was a Schwan's guy for a long time, and those good folks who would sit me down to eat or have coffee were a pleasure. Someone who is good at providing service will realize those benefits. And the Christmas tips were great.

Eggs in storage? Why not?

I mean, notall patients should or anything, but a majority of people i see who are cg/pts tend to become friends with their pt or cg if they werent already.

The restriction to only 5 patients is too small by any means really, but due to Federal laws, the safest way was the smallest and widespread way.

Things will get better eventually. Laws will loosen up. Opposition will fade and smolder.

We are in a transition phase in one of the worst thought up 'wars"- the drug war.

Change is int he air,... in some places.

But yea.., Fresh eggs.

Mmmm...

Do you have dominion, control and ownership over the locker? Constructive Possession

Do you know what the locker is being used for? Intent

I do not have dominion, control, or ownership of the contents. No constructive possession. And I could give a schit less about what is stored, as long as rents are paid and my property undamaged.

I envision a system where a caregiver rents up to 5 lockers, 1 for each patient, and places their daily/weekly/monthly order of cannabis in it regularly . Each locker is equipped with a uniquely keyed padlock and only the caregiver and the patient assigned that locker has a copy of the key.

The patient comes in, retrieves the meds, and leaves payment in the locker.

........and who pays for the locker? Couldn't my patient just come to my house and we wouldn't have the extra cost of a locker?

As I have mentioned previously, I am a caregiver for 5 patients.

Sure, there are definitely people who will never use a system like that. Some will, however, and it could be for as simple a reason as their caregiver is a great grower but is a complete dipwad everywhere else and they'd rather not deal with him in person.

Then you get a new CG. We tell people that at the DCCC all the time. You have to get along with your CG, you're dealing with him/her constantly. Don't get a CG you don't like or get along with. I've turned down PTs for the same reason.

I don't understand what this thing is with a caregiver having to meet a patient. I mean Heaven forbid a caregiver may have to look at a sick patient. Lordy Lordy.

Hahaha...

I mean, at MAX ya have 5 patients. Need to see em a few times a month if your a generous caregiver. Whats the big deal? Might actually get a free dinner out of it aye?

:-)

I get free farm fresh eggs when I go see one of my PTs.