What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we know that commercial advocates have regularly undermined the validity of the Caregiver and the caregiver system(the law). I do hope we don;t need to rehash this at this very moment that it is true.

Now,... if i were to ask,.. nicely, say the lobbyist, or legislative liason or leaders of NPRA to stop saying that caregivers are "not safe", dangerous, incompetent or street dealers,... nor that a caregiver selling marijuana in their house is dangerous for communities, or that cannabis is dangerous in general and such; do you think they would agree that they shouldnt be doing that and putting those kinda quotes in the media and filling legislators ears with nonsense?

That is a question to everyone and directly to those that are not seeing the tree through the forest. If I asked them to please stop saying that having caregivers make compensated transfers to their 5 patients in their neighbourhood is dangerous, or that caregivers are dangerous to old ladies, or that they(cg's) are incompetent, or street dealers or this type of thing;,,, what do you think they would say to me?

SImple question.... will they stop demagoguing caregivers?

What will they say?

Still wondering if they are willing to stop demagoguing caregivers?

And i am serious.

Would everyone still support these people if they refused to stop saying those things? Saying that marijuana is dangerous and a caregiver transferring to their patients in their home is dangerous, or that caregivers are street dealers(which dispensaries ACTUALLY are).

Would you still support them if they continued demagoguing caregivers and marijuana transfers even if asked nicely to stop?

He always dodges the questions that don't fit in the playbook.

And you are welcome to call us deluded. Yet we keep producing facts, we keep producing your own sides words, we keep on paying attention. Nothing deluded here Jack..

Edited by SFC

Why not both? Then people could have more choice.

I like farmers markets as well. I like compassion clubs too. I just want people to be able to decide how and what they do. I know some communities wont allow that. Some will. There are a lot of MM and Pt/Cg friendly cities.

Just because I like dispensaries does not mean I dislike the other methods.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

SFC

You are worthless to this discussion. I do find your posts funny though.

What discussion? You just keep throwing the same old spagetti at the wall and none of it sticks. Over and over, the same three falsehoods;

1) This bill doesn't regulate caregivers in municipalities FALSE

2) The current law is worthless because it doesn't help very many patients. FALSE

3) Dispensaries will not be aiming at totally supplying themselves. FALSE

Anything new yet?

Rest

What discussion? You just keep throwing the same old spagetti at the wall and none of it sticks. Over and over, the same three falsehoods;

1) This bill doesn't regulate caregivers in municipalities FALSE

2) The current law is worthless because it doesn't help very many patients. FALSE

3) Dispensaries will not be aiming at totally supplying themselves. FALSE

Anything new yet?

If you cant prove numbers 1 and 2 then please stop lying rest. Your blanket statements of fact are not certain.

Listen up again;

The MMMA doesn't trump anything until you prove it does. You need to let that sink in before you post about it again. It's the truth. Just stop going over the same old ground. We have shot that down already.

Nothing wrong with pushing for things you want. But if you bring half truths and lies to do it you will have all respect lost quickly. You are there. You are lying for money.

Rest

If you cant prove numbers 1 and 2 then please stop lying rest. Your blanket statements of fact are not certain.

1) It will regulate a caregiver in any municipality that wants to. Proven.

2) The current law is helping a lot of patients. That's a given. You can mince numbers of how many. The number is HUGE no matter how you mince us up.

Here someone with views that are similar to yours on this issue said this.

Any local prohibition of caregiving, or for that matter legitimate medical use, on the part of local communities is unenforceable. The law protects us from any arrest or penalty for engaging, anywhere and anytime, except as specified in section 7.

Please show me the proof of number 1. Maybe I am completely wrong and not realizing it. Just because a city someplace did something does not mean they are following the act. I do not believe that this language makes every Cg a commercial entity. I do not believe that cities are following the law when they make a regulation that violates the MMMA.

I do just fine without them as well. I would like to have the option though and can see the benefit that they provide to many people. The way I feel is that if you don't like them then don't go to them. I just dont understand the attacks and all or nothing mentality. Any bill that would allow for a PC would also allow for a farmers market or a compassion club. Its about options and choice. Even if I only ever went to the PC once a year I still believe we should have the option too. There is no reason why a group could not form a compassion club under the banner of a PC and give meds for free to needy patients. The essential actions of the two are the same. If a PC may harvest why cant a PC form that has volunteer gardeners and harvests meds for poor, sick, and needy patients? A non-profit. In the same sense another PC could form that specializes in exotics and high-end that people pay for.

I am tired of being lumped in with the narrow minded view that if you support laws that will allow more distribution and access that you are evil big buisness out to take away form others.

I do not agree with the view that if any place is allowed to sell or give away marijuana that it atomically guarantees that Pts and Cgs will loose their rights. I guess that is where the big disagreement is and where all the hypothetical arguments against it come from. I am an optimist not a pessimist.

Right bill? Right Place? Right time? Right people?

Unforeseen circumstances and unintended consequences.

Track records?

Legislative intent?

Competing interests?

You have to add those and many other items into the mix when deciding a position on this.

This isnt about... " Me wantem dispensaries"..." me no wantem dispensaries".

This is a much more intricate discussion with all sorts of avenues.

Edited by Malamute