What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

There is no established right way to do it.

Not everyone has to do it just like you to do it right. Sheesh.

I'm not asking you to do anything super special or difficult, other than keeping them close enough to be able to look them in the eye when you are transfering medicine to them. I thinks it's a minmum interaction when you are making and delivering medicine to a patient. It's really a great thing to experience when you are doing them some good. You only can have 5 so is it that hard to see each one personally?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not asking you to do anything super special or difficult, other than keeping them close enough to be able to look them in the eye when you are transfering medicine to them. I thinks it's a minmum interaction when you are making and delivering medicine to a patient. It's really a great thing to experience when you are doing them some good. You only can have 5 so is it that hard to see each one personally?

Yes, sometimes it is, some of my patients and I work for a living and have very busy lives outside of work.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only 1.

You check their ID before allowing access to the locker area.

If this locker were placed in a business, you would obviously only need to check ID's during business hours.

I don't see it working any other way.

I do not necessarily see it that way. Everything stored would be under lock and key. ID may be necessary to determine, in the case of damage to my property, who had caused it, but it is not entirely necessary. A fee would be charged for access to the vault, all stored stuff would be locked down, and without access to the comb or a key, there is no way anyone could get into anyone's locker unauthorized, except to break in. As long as an individual were to lay out the fee to enter, and with sufficient securtity surveillance,,the system is reasonably secure. Business insurance would cover the cost of repair in the event of damage.No one would be able to get into a locker they have not been authorized access to by the lessee.

Edited by GregS

........and who pays for the locker? Couldn't my patient just come to my house and we wouldn't have the extra cost of a locker?

Anyone with anything to store would pay for the locker. An access fee would be charged for access to the vault. Sure. Your patients can still come to your house. Providing the lockers is a value added service that is worth something. Some will take advantage of that value, and some will not.

How do you keep your PT from transferring the key to a friend? Do you pay someone 24/7 to check IDs?

If someone does something stupid, like giving the combination or key to someone who is a non-qualified individiual to retrieve d0pe, if it is for an illegal transaction, the business owner, again has no knowledge, gives no consent, and has no criminal liability. What goes on with lessees and those they grant access to is between them, precisely as it is at your neighborhood storage facility.

In short, it is not my responsibility, and certainly not in my interest, to ride herd over what tenants and those who they permit access to do, except to assure that my property is not damaged..

Edited by GregS

If someone does something stupid, like giving the combination or key to someone who is a non-qualified individiual to retrieve d0pe, if it is for an illegal transaction, the business owner, again has no knowledge, gives no consent, and has no criminal liability. What goes on with lessees and those they grant access to is between them, precisely as it is at your neighborhood storage facility.

In short, it is not my responsibility, and certainly not in my interest, to ride herd over what lessors and those who they permit access to do, except to assure that my property is not damaged..

Of course, but you are providing an avenue for unregistered transfers of marijuana and they will shut you down. You could possibly keep your building. Possibly. You would have so little to gain and a lot to lose.

Edited by Restorium2

Hmmmm, rent construction of lockers, full-time employee to check IDs and clean up, security.........How much are yoou gonna charge for one of these lockers??????

Dunno yet. But as I have said repeatedly, it probably will not work as a stand-alone business, but will work as a supplemental or ancillary revenue stream in many small businesses. I do think it will drive foot traffic in and out of your business, and you might sell lotsa Cheetos and Mountain Dew. I have operated businesses and understand that it is not an all or nothing proposition.

Dunno yet. But as I have said repeatedly, it probably will not work as a stand-alone business, but will work as a supplemental or ancillary revenue stream in many small businesses. I do think it will drive foot traffic in and out of your business, and you might sell lotsa Cheetos and Mountain Dew. I have operated businesses and understand that it is not an all or nothing proposition.

Revenue stream means you are making money off the transfers. You have just tripped into another realm of illegal activity.

That's where my chain of custody comment came from a bunch of pages ago. It's really hard to not break the chain of custody for something you are responsible for on forms to the state.

And you have not explained yet how this system would break the chain of custody, leaving the owner exposed to criminal charges.

Will you please?

A lot of these businesses that Northern touched on, like head shops, are being watched closely, and the local law enforcement would be all over them in a heartbeat if they set up a 'transfer station'.

For that reason it would be best to install them in more mainstream operations. While that may not eliminate scrutiny altogether, that scrutiny would likely be far less intense than that which would occur in businesses that have a close affiliation with drug use.

And you have not explained yet how this system would break the chain of custody, leaving the owner exposed to criminal charges.

Will you please?

Yes I did Greg. Earlier today we talked about it. You do understand that you are advocating for the next 'pretending dispensary' model? Coincidence, or have you bought into their crap again?

Edited by Restorium2

The vending machines were in a locked backroom about the size of a closet. Pts had to present an MMMJ ID card and they were given access to the room by an employee of the store that was in possession of a key. Totally illegal according to the McQueen ruling. Not all of this scenario is consistent with the current discussion, but some of it is relevant.

In this system, a photo ID, if anything, is all that is needed. I do not know, and I do not want to know who is storing what. Again, consent to access would be granted by the lessee to an authorized accessor.

Edited by GregS

Because it's in your building, and you knowingly have it in your building. Talk to a lawyer. I don't know what else to tell you on this.

No, no, no. The point is that I do not know, and do not have to know, and do not want to know what anyone has in their own rented and private space. Your local storage facility owner needs none of these and is protected from liability for anything his tenants do outside his awareness.

The intent is to facilitate a transfer between a caregiver and their assigned patient.

I understand the concept of constructive possession, but I do not see how you could be in possession of something you do not have access to.

No. The intent is to provide private, secure storage space for rent.

The vending machines were in a locked backroom about the size of a closet. Pts had to present an MMMJ ID card and they were given access to the room by an employee of the store that was in possession of a key. Totally illegal according to the McQueen ruling. Not all of this scenario is consistent with the current discussion, but some of it is relevant.

The sticking point that I see is that the system was designed exclusively for mm tranfers. The plan that I propose is not, and permits storage for anything a lessee can fit in the locker.

Of course, but you are providing an avenue for unregistered transfers of marijuana and they will shut you down. You could possibly keep your building. Possibly. You would have so little to gain and a lot to lose.

And when an individual rents a storage shed at you neighborhood storage facility, and stores the boat that they told their insurance company is at the bottom of Saginaw Bay in order to collect a fraudulent claim, the storage facility cannot be shut down, as long as the owner cannot be shown to have knowledge of the circumstance.