What Is Normal And Standard Caregiver To Patient Pricing?

kls

Best price for quality meds from CG to registered patient I have seen (not including some very poor folks who get it free) is $5/gram. I knew a few people around $280 to as high as $400 in 2009 but haven't seen prices near $280 in a couple years. But this varies by location and in my area MMJ is probably the cheapest in the state.

It is comical how the Jojo the clowns of the world keep yapping about CG's raising their prices, yet the ones that were growing en masse to supply dispensaries will actually be sitting on a glut of product they are going to need to unload. Prices are going down, at least in the near term.

Rest., I have never anyone under 40 complain about any good meds at $8/gram or less.

But yeah, some of us have a hard time charging even that when we could get a fat four finger bag for $100 or less back in the day, before Nancy Reagan.

No one complains but me in my mind. My patients are close and I practically know when they sneeze. When one asks for a $25 and I can fit it in a tiny butter tub it seems like I should just give it to them. But the electric bill still comes in the mail, over $700 last month.

Although my caregiver says he never sold his overages to dispensaries, only to unassigned patients, he all of a sudden wants to change our financial arrangement. Previously, he supplied the first ounce of meds at no charge. If one wanted more it was considerably over $200.00 per. With the recent legislation passing into law, he can again sell overages from MY plants to unassigned patients. So what has changed?

What financial arrangement is accepted and traditional between caregiver-assigned patient? I suspect it varies quite a bit. Please, please comment!

My best guess is

The patients he was covering his cost with

were selling to dispensaries or farmers market and their needs are suddenly lower

Rest., I have never anyone under 40 complain about any good meds at $8/gram or less.

But yeah, some of us have a hard time charging even that when we could get a fat four finger bag for $100 or less back in the day, before Nancy Reagan.

And to put it in further perspective, how 'bout those ten dollar lids at Carrol or Hoyt Park, in the glory days before Nixon criminalized the stuff and instantly drove the price waaay up?

But then, I bought gas for 27.9 cents a gallon too.

Edited by GregS

LOL. How true.

If I give you a $100 bill will you give me change in 1964 quarters?... Pretty please.

I sold what little gold I had in about 2000. MJ was worth its weight on gold back then....about $200/oz.

Glad that isn't the case today....well it might be good for some folks.

If you pay someone, in bud, to do some work, say trimming, how much bud per hour is common? I know it's hard to say.

One gram per hour seems pretty healthy. Better than minimum wage.

In the 1960s you could pay someone a gram per hour and it seemed pretty good then also.

So labor and silver seem to have the same value (in bud) as they did in the 1960s ..

It's green money that grows on trees.

Edited by peanutbutter

Thanks for all the reasoned comments. Should have researched the supposed bill passed into law myself before commenting. Maybe the misinformation from my CG is a clue to the direction I should take? Mid-grade meds are mid-grade meds.

Just in general, I have to say that while the personal production, transfer between registered patient and caregiver and personal use by a registered patient are protected rights under Michigan law, they are not absolute rights. If one cannot afford the price of admission -- for whatever reason -- than there is no access.

I find there are ALOT of Peronal Patient Growers in Macomb County that become CG's for others, just to be able to run Perpetually and keep Overages within the Legal Limits, seldom using more than their OWN plant count (12). They generally get Donations Less than Street Bunk prices from a couple Patients to help cover costs for ALL of their Legal Patients and SELF. They dont sell ILLEGALY, yet Grow A+ Medz.

Not ALL CG's are in it to make $$$.

You usually need to Know someone to find them because they are Tight Lip'ed and seldom advertise.

I STILL know of a few openings.... PM me for Details!

I find there are ALOT of Peronal Patient Growers in Macomb County that become CG's for others, just to be able to run Perpetually and keep Overages within the Legal Limits, seldom using more than their OWN plant count (12). They generally get Donations Less than Street Bunk prices from a couple Patients to help cover costs for ALL of their Legal Patients and SELF. They dont sell ILLEGALY, yet Grow A+ Medz.

Not ALL CG's are in it to make $$$.

You usually need to Know someone to find them because they are Tight Lip'ed and seldom advertise.

I STILL know of a few openings.... PM me for Details!

I know alot of CG's in Central and Western Upper Peninsula looking to help patients fairly.