Hello All, Looking For Help On Just About Everything,,,

Ugh, introductions,,,

Not sure what is too little or too much of one,,, I guess if you have read enough at any point then please don't continue reading it all, lol.

Hubby and I moved "BACK" to northern Michigan the beginning of last summer after being way down south for almost a decade. Let's just say, a big part of the reason moving back was because of the new law that had passed in 2008 but we were NOT aware of until 2011 or we have moved back sooner.

Back in the day,, hubby had grown a few here or there outside,, and mother nature did most , (If not almost all), of the work for him, so this indoor growing for our much needed medicine has been quite a challenge as well as learning experience in the last several months.... We have learned so much but yet so little to actually achieve the results to fulfill our own medicinal requirements. You would think with us being able to have 24 plants that we could at-least get to a point of where we could grow enough to sustain our own daily requirements but we don't see that anywhere in our near future.

I joined this site shortly after moving back to Mi to learn as much as I could about the laws as well as growing, but have been unable to really participate due to mostly not having internet access but we just got it back the other day.

A little bit of info on what we have and where we are today,,,,,,

We obtained our cards back in the summer shortly after moving back. We then started a few seeds, that we got from,,(I have no idea where, lol) and all of them turned out to be males. We then found a friend of a friend who had clones,,, and we got 6 from him, then purchased 6 from a local dispensary, The 6 from the fof were ALL Hermies,, and 2 of the 6 from the dispensary were Hermies, We had some start up money for our grow, but not as much as we might have needed, but we did not have any help or advice ,, other than the,, "You need 1000 watt system and ebb and gro" from the grow shop.

Long story short, we are now growing with dirt only, except for a clone bucket that has a pump in it with cute styrofome colored holders for 8 clones. (currently have a 50/50 survival rate of cloning, and getting roots in 2 weeks)

We have tried different kinds of dirt but only used the nutes that came in the starter kit with the hydro system we "had". That is/was Tecnaflora starter kit, but have since then ran out of most of them,,, not sure what to buy or what dirt to use, etc.

We have a 1000 watt HPS for our flower room and a 400 water hps for our veg "area". Have been using Happy Frog and Ocean Forest around twenty three dollars a bag,, and also been using micacle gro dirt. The Happy Frog and Ocean Forest do not drain well for me,, so I have recently switched to miracle gro only because it dries so fast that I need to water the plants like every other day, meaning that I am guessing then the roots are getting oxygen from drying out? And that is a good thing? Where as the HF and OF seem to be waterlogged and not dry out?

We have a regular fan/vent to vent the air outside and we have a regular floor fan to circulate air around. The temps seem ok, averaging around 50 degrees at night in flower room and 80 during the day, where as the veg is 80 during the day and 70 at night.

The humidity is around 70 in both rooms.

Our water is well water,, ph is around 7/neutral. (Not been adjusting it,) But I have been filling up like 5 gallons of milk jugs and letting that sit for a day or so before watering the plants, not sure if that is doing anything other the water not being so cold...

So no mother plants,, need to learn how to really grow a mother or two from seeds.. So far, we have been flipping one every week and harvesting one every week,, and cloning one every week,, etc. But we have just been cloning from a clone of a clone etc,, cuz atleast a clone IS a female... And now we are down to the weakest of the weakest of the weakest and lucky to get 12 grams off a plant now once a week.. Not near what the two of us need for our weekly meds..

Sooooooooooooo, back to square one. of learning,,,, Need to find good seeds and learn to grow a mother or two, then clone from her,,, but, where do I get the seeds from and in the meantime, need clones to grow out to sustain us till we learn how the heck to grow properly, lol cant afford to go out to dispensary, "regularly" either.

We are currently on the waiting list for one of the dispensaries here in Traverse City to get atleast 6 clones, but they are saying that the list is over 25 patients long and we have weeks of waiting. We have called every dispensary around, no one has clones. We don't know anyone/friends growing that could help us out.(our friend of a friend that we obtained clones from,, no longer grows,,). Our small limited list of friends/patients here are going to dispensaries to obtain their meds and no one knows anyone growing that we know...

We could really use some advice on what to do now and to grow our own mothers so we can just clone from them, etc.

Please feel free to send me private messages and any advice you might be able to give,,,,

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance.

Most online webstores ship to the united states top dog in my book is the attitude as for worrying about customs or homeland security catching your shipment dont im on my upteenth pack of seeds with no lost packages your good to go via the web .

Except for personal reasons,,, I don't purchase anything online anymore,,, ,, I use cash only,, so sick of the paper trail going on,,, I mean, does the government really need to know how much I spend every month on toilet paper? I no longer deposit my money in my checking acct. I pay cash for everything now,,, everything,,, and I ask for a receipt,,, it's just a matter of time before we all end up with a chip in our hand and just be scanned everywhere we go,,,,,

My husband and I are off the grid and will never get back on,, what happened to the days of trading goods for goods with your neighbor? That is where I want to live,,, horse and buggy I say,,, you got tomatoes and I got potatoes,,, let's trade,,,,

Everything you need is on the internet. Seeds, soil recipes, nutes, pots, etc. Best plants I ever grew were grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil which has to be supplemented with nutes after 30 days. I used dry organic commercial types (Espoma Plant Tone, Jobes Organic, etc.). Second best was ProMix Bx peat with the K.I.S.S. organic nute mix.

Mother plants seem to do well when they are grown as "Bonsai" plants. Keep them trimmed so that they never get more than 10-12 inches tall. They are easily maintained in that state under T-5 lights. Look up "Bonsai Mothers" on Google. To get your first mother, take some clones off the seed plant and keep the strongest to make into a mother. They apparently can be kept in the Bonsai state and throwing off clones for years.

Using well water can be a disaster if there is too much calcium and lime in it. The soil will get saturated with the calcium and lime and the plants can experience "nutrient lockout" due to the excess minerals. I installed a water softener and never had any issues. The plants love it. My plants seemed to like "tepid" (not warm, not cold) water. They would kinda go into a light shock if I used cold water on them.

Long story short: For the easiest and most rewarding experience, grow in KISS soil (or FFOF)and use the best water you can get.

One more thing. I noticed a real improvement in my plants when I started using kelp (I used Liquid Karma) and mycorizhae (sp?). I have used Great White and Myco Madness with great success. I didn't notice any difference between them.

Ugh, introductions,,,

Not sure what is too little or too much of one,,, I guess if you have read enough at any point then please don't continue reading it all, lol.

Hubby and I moved "BACK" to northern Michigan the beginning of last summer after being way down south for almost a decade. Let's just say, a big part of the reason moving back was because of the new law that had passed in 2008 but we were NOT aware of until 2011 or we have moved back sooner.

Back in the day,, hubby had grown a few here or there outside,, and mother nature did most , (If not almost all), of the work for him, so this indoor growing for our much needed medicine has been quite a challenge as well as learning experience in the last several months.... We have learned so much but yet so little to actually achieve the results to fulfill our own medicinal requirements. You would think with us being able to have 24 plants that we could at-least get to a point of where we could grow enough to sustain our own daily requirements but we don't see that anywhere in our near future.

I joined this site shortly after moving back to Mi to learn as much as I could about the laws as well as growing, but have been unable to really participate due to mostly not having internet access but we just got it back the other day.

We obtained our cards back in the summer shortly after moving back. We then started a few seeds, that we got from,,(I have no idea where, lol) and all of them turned out to be males. We then found a friend of a friend who had clones,,, and we got 6 from him, then purchased 6 from a local dispensary, The 6 from the fof were ALL Hermies,, and 2 of the 6 from the dispensary were Hermies, We had some start up money for our grow, but not as much as we might have needed, but we did not have any help or advice ,, other than the,, "You need 1000 watt system and ebb and gro" from the grow shop.

Long story short, we are now growing with dirt only, except for a clone bucket that has a pump in it with cute styrofome colored holders for 8 clones. (currently have a 50/50 survival rate of cloning, and getting roots in 2 weeks)

We have tried different kinds of dirt but only used the nutes that came in the starter kit with the hydro system we "had". That is/was Tecnaflora starter kit, but have since then ran out of most of them,,, not sure what to buy or what dirt to use, etc.

We have a 1000 watt HPS for our flower room and a 400 water hps for our veg "area". Have been using Happy Frog and Ocean Forest around twenty three dollars a bag,, and also been using micacle gro dirt. The Happy Frog and Ocean Forest do not drain well for me,, so I have recently switched to miracle gro only because it dries so fast that I need to water the plants like every other day, meaning that I am guessing then the roots are getting oxygen from drying out? And that is a good thing? Where as the HF and OF seem to be waterlogged and not dry out?

We have a regular fan/vent to vent the air outside and we have a regular floor fan to circulate air around. The temps seem ok, averaging around 50 degrees at night in flower room and 80 during the day, where as the veg is 80 during the day and 70 at night.

Our water is well water,, ph is around 7/neutral. (Not been adjusting it,) But I have been filling up like 5 gallons of milk jugs and letting that sit for a day or so before watering the plants, not sure if that is doing anything other the water not being so cold...

So no mother plants,, need to learn how to really grow a mother or two from seeds.. So far, we have been flipping one every week and harvesting one every week,, and cloning one every week,, etc. But we have just been cloning from a clone of a clone etc,, cuz atleast a clone IS a female... And now we are down to the weakest of the weakest of the weakest and lucky to get 12 grams off a plant now once a week.. Not near what the two of us need for our weekly meds..

Sooooooooooooo, back to square one. of learning,,,, Need to find good seeds and learn to grow a mother or two, then clone from her,,, but, where do I get the seeds from and in the meantime, need clones to grow out to sustain us till we learn how the heck to grow properly, lol cant afford to go out to dispensary, "regularly" either.

We are currently on the waiting list for one of the dispensaries here in Traverse City to get atleast 6 clones, but they are saying that the list is over 25 patients long and we have weeks of waiting. We have called every dispensary around, no one has clones. We don't know anyone/friends growing that could help us out.(our friend of a friend that we obtained clones from,, no longer grows,,). Our small limited list of friends/patients here are going to dispensaries to obtain their meds and no one knows anyone growing that we know...

We could really use some advice on what to do now and to grow our own mothers so we can just clone from them, etc.

Please feel free to send me private messages and any advice you might be able to give,,,,

get the big bud x white widow one plant per month should take care of the both of you.(if you get your environment right) this plant is made for growers that have two or more users or very heavy users like me. it can put on lots of bud. one of mine put on so much weight so fast on one side it tipped the whole plant over. won't believe your eyes the first three weeks of bloom it grows 2 to 3 inch per day in time. Edited by cujo

lots of air flow, don't over water,and start with good genetics. pay for some of the good seeds and learn how to clone. so you have a never ending supply.I would go with two of the Big H.I.D. lights in the bloom and trade the 400w. for fluorescents. starting seeds under that 400 is great I know but you might want to put your electric money to the best use. then you will have enough room for 4 to 6 plants you will need to keep in bloom. so you can cut 2 per mo. or 1 every two weeks.

One problem you have is your flower room getting down to 50 at night. That's too cold and way too big a difference from your high temps. With a lights-on temp of 80, your lights-off temp shouldn't be lower than the high 60's. Also, your ph is too high. Better to be in the low 6's.

Best of luck to you, and welcome back.

Ugh, introductions,,,

Hi there are a lot of issues in your growing methods that should be addressed. For starters, miracle grow soil is terrible soil for cannabis...it has time released nutrients that are way too hot for the plants. The organic line of miracle grow soil does not have the fertilizer but is also wayyyy too hot with nitrogen. Avoid this soil at all costs. I'd stick with the ocean forest soil but cut it with 1/3 perlite. Even better yet, go with sunshine #4 soil...the coco fibre in it is a nice additive to promote oxygen, drainage, and for keeping adequate moisture. Next issue is the well water. Sitting it out is doing nothing but changing the emp. Setting out the water is generally something you do to city water to evaporate chlorine. Most likely you will have elevated levels of calcium and/or magnesium in your water. A water softener will equal death for your plants, do not use one unless you are using a reverse osmosis unit AFTER the water treated with a water softener. Get a ppm reading of your water. if it reads over 150ppm either use a RO filter unit or use a hardwater nutrient formula (General hydroponics and Ionic both have good lines specifically for hard water) make sure you PH your water after adding your nutrients 5.6 to 6.2. Its good to not always have the exact same ph because different nutes are absorbed at different ph levels. NExt up is your plant environment. 50 degrees is a little chilly for vegging plants. not terrible, but it will slow the growth. 80 degrees is great, and Ideally, low temps around 65-68 would be better than 50. What I do not like is that 70% humidity. You are asking for mold and mildew, especially with the temp fluctuations... If you just adhere to these simple steps, I think it will drastically change your plant health. Good luck!

first...welcome to the community

thank you for asking questions.

there are some great answers here and available throughout the site.

i try to keep my lights on and lights off temp range within 15 degree. 10 is ideal..

i switched to KISS soil maybe last Sep. and have been so happy with the simplicity...

Keep It Simple Soil for me makes the jump to organic farming easy and not difficult.

check your water temp as well as the PPM.

i found mine was getting to cold sitting and i have to keep a heater near the res.

also bubbling your well water will help raise the dissolved oxygen but will do nothing to dissipate the minerals.... and in fact with water evaporation the process will arguably make the water "harder"

a simple filter will remove a significant amount of material from your water... you may not need full Reverse Osmosis.

my plants like the non reverse osmosis water better... i switched back to city water that i bubble in a res. when i switched to KISS and the plants like the full spectrum of dissolved minerals in my water better than me trying to "add back" the appropriate amounts.

for clones i follow this method...

http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/cuttings.php

i use Grodan rockwell cubes.. under humidity dome for 3-4 days then in 2 weeks they will have roots.

i nowadays use clonex for rooting hormone but used to use a unknown name clone powder from kmart with good results.

good luck

ask anything

welcome to the boards.

Communal living might be the answer for ya hic. I know of a new farm starting down in mexico that is looking for folks with some farming knowledge.

Naw they will shoot me down there and steal my wife. I don't take crap from bandits.

I do not seek anything. I am happy where I am and am pleased you care of my well being. - thanks

yeah, but what if the onion person wants a watermelon and the the watermelon person also wants a deer. Money wasn't invented by a king, it was invented by merchants to make life easier.

You would have also been to easy. This is not true.

What merchant would accept silver from a peasant if it were not endores and made from king?

Early years much like today they had the rulers face on money. The king had the money made. For the king did not want to trade his crown for land or peace.

Before the king they lived on trade.

But yes good luck kentuky rain it is nice to see you here!

It is illegal so currently I cannot help you just like the others cannot... Sucks I know

Well I tell you what you may sighn me up as your caregiver for 21 days. I will give you seeds. After I give you seeds or clones and a bag you take your card back for I only would be interested in a very short term deal.

This is ofcourse a last resort.

You may use me I do not mind. Welcome to MI

Edited by hic

What merchant would accept silver from a peasant if it were not endores and made from king?

Early years much like today they had the rulers face on money. The king had the money made. For the king did not want to trade his crown for land or peace.

All the merchants did. That's why Roman gold and silver coins were used for hundreds of years after the fall of Rome. Facts is facts. Go look it up.

I think the King had his image put on the coins in order to self promote himself. It was an ego thing and also helped to establish that he was in charge. The value of the coins was in the weight of gold or silver in the coins - same as it is today regardless of whose picture is on it.

Everything you need is on the internet. Seeds, soil recipes, nutes, pots, etc. Best plants I ever grew were grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil which has to be supplemented with nutes after 30 days. I used dry organic commercial types (Espoma Plant Tone, Jobes Organic, etc.). Second best was ProMix Bx peat with the K.I.S.S. organic nute mix.

Mother plants seem to do well when they are grown as "Bonsai" plants. Keep them trimmed so that they never get more than 10-12 inches tall. They are easily maintained in that state under T-5 lights. Look up "Bonsai Mothers" on Google. To get your first mother, take some clones off the seed plant and keep the strongest to make into a mother. They apparently can be kept in the Bonsai state and throwing off clones for years.

Using well water can be a disaster if there is too much calcium and lime in it. The soil will get saturated with the calcium and lime and the plants can experience "nutrient lockout" due to the excess minerals. I installed a water softener and never had any issues. The plants love it. My plants seemed to like "tepid" (not warm, not cold) water. They would kinda go into a light shock if I used cold water on them.

Long story short: For the easiest and most rewarding experience, grow in KISS soil (or FFOF)and use the best water you can get.

One more thing. I noticed a real improvement in my plants when I started using kelp (I used Liquid Karma) and mycorizhae (sp?). I have used Great White and Myco Madness with great success. I didn't notice any difference between them.

Thank you,, will give it a try

get the big bud x white widow one plant per month should take care of the both of you.(if you get your environment right) this plant is made for growers that have two or more users or very heavy users like me. it can put on lots of bud. one of mine put on so much weight so fast on one side it tipped the whole plant over. won't believe your eyes the first three weeks of bloom it grows 2 to 3 inch per day in time.

Yes,, sounds great,, just what we need,,