Urge To Meet ?

shall we meet?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you want to meet with people from our forums?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need anything food wise? You mentioned a BBQ, I make a killer homemade BBQ sauce i could bring up a gallon. I also have a awesome cole slaw that goes very well with pulled pork or maybe some potato salad. I plan on getting there right around noon, see ya all then.

Thank you so very much for asking!!!  I think I have most of the main stuff covered. 

I did tell club members, if they were able, to bring a dessert/snack item.   If not, just bring themselves and enjoy the day/evening.

Here is the main menu thus far:

Hot Dogs

Hamburgers

Potato Salad

Cole Slaw

Macaroni Salad

Baked Beans

Italian Pasta Salad

Veggie Tray - Relish tray

Some various dips/crackers etc.

Chips

Fruit

Desserts

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was in unspeakable pain allll day and could not have traveled to save my life. It was driving me out of my skull. Today much of it seems resolved. I am an incurable optimist, and like to think I'll be able to make the trip.

Edited by GregS

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was in unspeakable pain allll day and could not have traveled to save my life. It was driving me out of my skull. Today much of it seems resolved. I am an incurable optimist, and like to think I'll be able to make the trip.

I am glad you are feeling better!  We look forward to seeing you there :)

thank you for the kind words :)

I can't believe I got all that stuff to fit on my truck and trailer lol..

it was a lot of fun helping and seeing labdan and a few other friends... we had a pretty good time laughing and joking with each other out back setting up the canvas.. great group of very helpful people. thanks guys..

I am really looking forward to the opportunity to meet some new people..

the location is gorgeous

the upside to the spot is relative seclusion and privacy..
the downside to privacy and seclusion is cellphone coverage didn't seem to be very adequate... I thought I would say that while I could send a text I could not get much signal strength to send a call.. so people might want to make any important calls ahead of time :)
welcome to Northern MI eh LOL

thank you again Northerngal for all your hard work and such a dedicated effort to make this even possible... I for one absolutely appreciate it and I am happy to do anything I can to help out..

A VERY big thank you to Mibrains,  Northernlab and all the other AMCS members that showed up last night to set up the "big stuff". 

I could not have got it done without you guys! 

:rock:

The days are counting down quickly now. 

Yeah, except I forgot the spinach dip which offsets all the good I did....lol

thank you for the kind words :)

I can't believe I got all that stuff to fit on my truck and trailer lol..

it was a lot of fun helping and seeing labdan and a few other friends... we had a pretty good time laughing and joking with each other out back setting up the canvas.. great group of very helpful people. thanks guys..

I am really looking forward to the opportunity to meet some new people..

the location is gorgeous

the upside to the spot is relative seclusion and privacy..

the downside to privacy and seclusion is cellphone coverage didn't seem to be very adequate... I thought I would say that while I could send a text I could not get much signal strength to send a call.. so people might want to make any important calls ahead of time :)

welcome to Northern MI eh LOL

thank you again Northerngal for all your hard work and such a dedicated effort to make this even possible... I for one absolutely appreciate it and I am happy to do anything I can to help out..

It was good to finally see you again man. It's been a while!

I Hope everyone going has a safe and memorable trip!!

Wanted so much to make it this weekend but unfortunatly

on my way to hospital today for round two of spinal injections.

(Weekend isn't looking promising.)

Hopefully we all can do this again sometime soon

for the many that couldn't make it this time.

Hope everyone has a Great time and we all

will be waiting for some updates of the events..

I Hope everyone going has a safe and memorable trip!!

Wanted so much to make it this weekend but unfortunatly

on my way to hospital today for round two of spinal injections.

(Weekend isn't looking promising.)

Hopefully we all can do this again sometime soon

for the many that couldn't make it this time.

Hope everyone has a Great time and we all

will be waiting for some updates of the events..

Good Luck with the injections!  Hopefully they provide you with some relief!

I think we have a great bunch coming and we will all have a great time.

If all goes well with this gathering, I am sure we will make it a regular thing!! 

We are down to 1 day!! 

Remember:  Directions will be available at the clubhouse beginning tomorrow morning and throughout the day.   The clubhouse address is: 559 Garfield in Vanderbilt.  (for GPS'S the intersection of Garfield and Old 27N.)  Vanderbilt is exit 290 on I-75.  The clubhouse is about 2 blocks off the exit ramp.  The yellow arrow sign out front will say "AMCS Maps Here".

There will be neon signs at all 3 corners on the way saying "AMCS Gathering".  There will also be neon pink "utility" flags about every 1/10th of a mile. 

If you would like the directions ahead of time, please feel free to PM me and I will get you the directions today.  (Please be patient as I am busy today doing final details for the gathering-I will try to check in a few times throughout the day)

Have a safe trip everyone and we look forward to seeing you all!!

Thank You to all the volunteers from the amcs, northern girl, mibrains, northern lab, The property owner. and all that made the get together special, I sure would have loved to stay the night, but as the people there know I had another obligation to take care of after I left the awsome get together, I have never been at a picnic with a bunch of  people I dont know and had so much fun and talked to so many people, I went there knowing only 2 people and was welcomed by all, An mm get together is the most friendly kind of get together ive ever been to,

My face and my stomach muscles hurt this morning from all the real laughing I did at this get together, I sure wish more could have made it to the get together, even those that argue amongst us had an awsome time and laugh together,  Im thinking greg s didnt know what my name realy ment, Im thinking his face and belly is hurting also this morning lmao,

I hope this is the beginning of a long time friend ship between me and the people ive met in person there!

Thank You all so much for the Great Time!

Peace

Jim

Thank You to all the volunteers from the amcs, northern girl, mibrains, northern lab, The property owner. and all that made the get together special, I sure would have loved to stay the night, but as the people there know I had another obligation to take care of after I left the awsome get together, I have never been at a picnic with a bunch of  people I dont know and had so much fun and talked to so many people, I went there knowing only 2 people and was welcomed by all, An mm get together is the most friendly kind of get together ive ever been to,

My face and my stomach muscles hurt this morning from all the real laughing I did at this get together, I sure wish more could have made it to the get together, even those that argue amongst us had an awsome time and laugh together,  Im thinking greg s didnt know what my name realy ment, Im thinking his face and belly is hurting also this morning lmao,

I hope this is the beginning of a long time friend ship between me and the people ive met in person there!

Thank You all so much for the Great Time!

Peace

Jim

Thank you very much for coming.  I am glad you had a good time!!  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and things went pretty smoothly. 

(Sorry about the belly pains from laughing so much.  (NOT!))   

:blow-a-heart:

I just wanted to take a quick minute to say thank you to everyone who helped and attended.  A beautiful day it was, many new acquaintances were made and friendships as well.   Several new faces and friendly "old" ones.  We couldn't have asked for better weather either! 

I am sure I will have plenty more to add after I rest :)  I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved immediately :)

home at last...

wow

all I want to say tonight... before I unload a crazy awful lot of chairs and stuff :) is that I am so glad so many people showed up from so many places.. I had such a great time meeting everyone..

i was surprised at the great turnout.. we were prepared for as many people as we thought could come and we had plenty for everyone.

it was so amazing to meet every single one of you guys..

I am spent mentally and physically for certain.

I cant wait till next year... :jig:

364 to go :)

on a personal note I cannot thank you enough Northerngal...without you and your dedicated group of compassionate club members we would have never pulled this one off.. you and your crew deserve a extra round of applause for all the organization and dedication you guys put forth.  Thank you for such excellent memories and such a perfect atmosphere for everyone to relax and talk with each other.

more later after I figure out mibrains.. :)