A Good, Cheap, One-Part Formula For Hempy Buckets?

pic book

Yah! Good and cheap? Does this exist? The Detroit patient and nuby CG whom we're helping to get growing is testing the extent of my knowledge. She is genuinely poor (lives on $200 a month and food shelves, no car). Is recovering from 2-years homelessness. She asked me to recommend nutes to use on the contents of hempies; a mix of the vermiculite and perlite and peat that was gifted to her by someone else, so she's using what she has been given, in 10-liter buckets.

GH 3-part is what i've used on hempies in the past, but she's concerned about the cost of buying 3 parts if 1 part will do.

Maxibloom from general hydroponics, 7 grams per gallon of water on veg and up, I use 4-5 grams per gallon on rooted clones and seedlings in coco hempys and everything is good with most strains. I have to add calmag for some strains, and I use silica to bring the ph up to 6.1 but without silica with my tap water it's at 5.7 which is certainly acceptable.

i've been growing in hempy buckets for awhile now,i don't think there is a one juice system to use,,perhaps a general all purpose fertilizer would work but i'd question the quality you'd get...making the investment in good quality fertilizers now will payoff in the long run...rain water with adjusted ph will reduce chances of lock out and reduce the number of flushes needed...bp

Dyna-Gro

Simple and cheap. It was originally produced for commercial hydroponic grows.

$20 for a quart, add 2 -3 teaspoons per gallon of water. Less is usually better with this brand, a little goes a long way. Same ratio for both grow and bloom formulas.

I've used it for years with great results

Here are a couple of side by side comparisons from Rollitup.org.

Dyna-Gro vs General Hydroponics

Dyna-Gro vs Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur

Edited by Wild Bill

Maxibloom from general hydroponics, 7 grams per gallon of water on veg and up, I use 4-5 grams per gallon on rooted clones and seedlings in coco hempys and everything is good with most strains. I have to add calmag for some strains, and I use silica to bring the ph up to 6.1 but without silica with my tap water it's at 5.7 which is certainly acceptable.

This is the one part you are looking for.

Here is a thread on ICMag about it : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

This is the one part you are looking for.

Here is a thread on ICMag about it : https://www.icmag.co...ad.php?t=191645

101 pages! Only made it thru 30 of them but that covered the subject and shows that for her situation Maxibloom dry powder at $7.50 bag lasts 2 complete runs veg and flower with 12 plants, just great! Shake in hot water for 5 minutes? Can do. She has lots more time than money!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

imiubu,  another update

she ran maxibloom 5-15-14 on 3 and on another 3, miracle grow bloom booster flower food 10-52-10.

per pound she says mg is cheaper (per pound by 60 cents--both run about 6 bux a pound ) but mg is actually much cheaper than maxibloom by far because in water it took 1.4 times more maxi to get the same ppm reading.  she says 2 of the mg plants grew giant, and all 3 mg plants had heavier buds.

she couldn't remember the strain, she remembers too much on her tulips and dahliaas.

Edited by pic book