So I Was In The Cultivation Station Buying Nutes And The Clerk Says

pic book

how so cheap? does it work for greenhouse?

It works for growing anywhere.  I just buy bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, etc. in bulk.  I spent about $150 two years ago and I am just now starting to run out of a few of the items.  I still have plenty of others.  I have about 30 lbs. of alfalfa meal for example.

It works for growing anywhere.  I just buy bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, etc. in bulk.  I spent about $150 two years ago and I am just now starting to run out of a few of the items.  I still have plenty of others.  I have about 30 lbs. of alfalfa meal for example.

your soil recipe with ingredients? and then you only give water? Edited by pic book

ALL nutrient companies buy their ingredients in bulk from China, and you can bet the lowest bid wins

recipe:

add 90% water, a fancy label and a hefty up-charge

sprinkle in several empty promises, inflated claims of performance and a few out right lies,

repeat until YOU even believe the claims

mix well enough to cloud the facts and serve to the sheeple

ALL nutrient companies buy their ingredients in bulk from China, and you can bet the lowest bid wins

recipe:

sprinkle in several empty promises, inflated claims of performance and a few out right lies,

Dont forget the colorful psycodelic packaging

eta..fancy label

I get all my nutes form the feed store. I buy in bulk so it's incredibly cheap. I spend about $50/year on nutes growing for four PTs and myself.

Right On

Another excellent nute is rabbit manure. Find someone who raises rabbits and make a friend. Rabbit pellets can be mixed in the soil directly anytime or add it to your water res. If you want the best flavor your strain can produce try it. Dirt cheap

guano got nothin on rabbit chit

Edited by beourbud

recipe:

That's exactly why I go to the feed store.  I can buy the same thing that a grow store sells for a small fraction of the cost.  I hate to say this, but most grow/hydro stores are a complete rip-off.  I can get anything they sell for cheaper somewhere else.  You just go to the same place your grandma goes to get supplies for her veggie garden.

i wouldnt trust salesman at hydro stores.

do you trust home depot workers advice when building something?

always ask an expert, not a min wage worker.

from doing a bit of research, there are some heavy metals that cannabis intakes, and some that it doesnt.

there are heavy metals in your dirt (ever had your soil tested?), rock dust, nutes, etc.

its best to stick to the old style of farming. use manure and make your own compost.

mycoryzza , worms and cover crops are also useful in a balanced natural ecosystem.

if you look at the ingredients of the nutes , its stuff you can buy in bulk, in dry form, and add your own water.

earth juice bloom nutes:

kelp (nitrogen - any green plant, like alfalfa meal)

bone meal

molasses

composted bat guano

potash (or compost ashes from burning wood/charcoal)

why not buy that stuff organic / local and mix it yourself?

Free fertilizer is best, especially when made from the herbs Comfrey and Stinging Nettles

http://gardening.about.com/od/fertilizer/a/Comfrey-Plants-Make-Great-Free-Fertilizer.htm

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Comfrey-Bocking-14?ugid=10000000011039428

http://www.nettles.org.uk/nettles/activities/nettlemanure.asp

http://www.lapaixherbfarmproducts.com/chemical_composition_of_stinging.htm

My friend Google (google, "Free fertilizer comfrey or nettles) has lots more information if you like what you read in above above links.

Comfrey tea has been used as a means to combat pm, just make a tea and spray it on your plant and it will keep the pm spores from germinating.  Do this before the onset of pm is expected.  I spray my outdoor plants daily after the 1st of august, that is the time that the pm seems to begin to form on my squash, tomatoes and cucumbers. 

I use these two herbs indoors and out, and enjoy a wonderful garden.

Note:  Certain marijuana plants (Medijuana) are heavy feeders and may require supplementation.  Light feeders (Blue Berry) don't seem to be affected negatively in my experience.

Not only will this decrease the cost of your grow, but it will improve the flavors (smell and taste) of your final product imo.

Man this is a distressing post, i am on the end of my first grow,  The prupose is for MS symptoms, and i use IONICS since day one. The last thing needed is any more foreign metals. There is ideas of metals being attributed to MS and all that, i just hope the flush i do will get rid of everything i need it to get rid of.

Help me clear my mind please, Do all liquid hydroponic nutrients have heavy metals in them?

Is organic nutrients metal free?

Should i be concerned? Why or why not?

And i dont know if it matters or not but i go to The Cultivation Station regularlarly and they are the ones who recommended me the IONIC nutes, they said it was a good one to go with for a beginner but still have professional  results. Until this post i was pretty happy with this brand and the only problem i had with it is i over nuted the plants in veg because of ppm meter than was not calibrated correctly. I promptly flushed and since have had no issues.

Thanks for the info.

Man this is a distressing post, i am on the end of my first grow,  The prupose is for MS symptoms, and i use IONICS since day one. The last thing needed is any more foreign metals. There is ideas of metals being attributed to MS and all that, i just hope the flush i do will get rid of everything i need it to get rid of.

Help me clear my mind please, Do all liquid hydroponic nutrients have heavy metals in them?

Is organic nutrients metal free?

Should i be concerned? Why or why not?

And i dont know if it matters or not but i go to The Cultivation Station regularlarly and they are the ones who recommended me the IONIC nutes, they said it was a good one to go with for a beginner but still have professional  results. Until this post i was pretty happy with this brand and the only problem i had with it is i over nuted the plants in veg because of ppm meter than was not calibrated correctly. I promptly flushed and since have had no issues.

Thanks for the info.

It will be ok bud. As highlander stated plants NEED these metals to live, and so do we.

These hydro store guys need to think about what they are doing. Frightening people with false information, people that are sometimes sick or in pain, or even dying...for profit.

That is just sick.

I am in a great deal of pain today, once that subsides I will return with some links to set your mind at ease friend.

Then why do people use r.o water?

Plants, like people, need metals to live.  Metals are put into the nutes on purpose.   You could eat your MMJ plants whole and still not consume the volume of metals you consume just by drinking tap water.  if someone tries to sell you nutes with no metals, thell them to F-off.

Then why do people use r.o water?

Because plants generally grow from rain water and water that is pumped out of the ground has more "stuff" in it.  Rainwater has a pH around 5.7.  It is common to find well water and city water with a pH around 8.5, which just doesn't work well for cannabis in soil or hydro.  and when you adjust the pH, you create salts that the plant may or may not need/want. 

I don't use RO.  I find it to be an unnecessary hassle.

I use RO so that I have an exact known starting point(near 0 ppm) when I'm mixing my nutes(hydro/coco). The well water by me is only slightly over 7 but the sulfates/sulfides(not sure which) are very high. It comes out of the ground at 480 ppm. The iron and calcium is also higher than what I like for the nutes that I use. RO lets me control exactly what goes into my solution instead of having to overcome unusually high starting points. It is not necessary but I get better results all around when I use RO water. Some nutrient manufacturers assume you are starting with a base water of 200-300 PPM, some assume you are starting with <50. They usually wont say on the label so you need to call them and ask what their assumed starting point is. If your using RO some type of cal mag supplement is usually a must.

A ppm reading isn't going to tell you the ratios of what is in your water, so for me it is best to just get rid of it all and add it back in the desired proportions.

Edit: I have found that many grow shop employees have only ever grown the tomato plants that are on display in the shop. That wont stop them from showing you how "expert" they are though.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster