"partner" Hijacked My Plants - What Is My Legal Recourse?

Guilty Spark

But if thats not an option, be a man about it and take what is yours. I know that might seem barbaric to a civilized sort that uses the legal system to narc out another person, where property loss and even jail time could result, but thats just me.

Welcome. All opinions are accepted.

Negative publicity from a home invasion/burglary does not help the image.

This is one of those things that you let go. If GS is not confrontational there is a better chance of salvaging the genetics if they are important...

Everybody wants to hold their own but it is smarter to save the drama for things more important than what is really a minor inconvenience.

If you cant find meds for the time being, which is legal for you, maybe you just need a CG to handle it all for you...

This should be obvious....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - long time listener, first time caller looking for some general feedback (legal even better....).

About four years ago, I was able to get a "friend" to allow me to grow my legal 12 plants in his basement (I suffer from cervical spinal stenosis for which I've had surgery; totally legit).  My wife has psoriatic arthritis, so she got carded as well, and my "friend" eventually got his too.  All had been going along just fine, we were learning the ropes, etc. until last week when my "friend" advised me that he wanted to, essentially, go it alone.  He asked for his key back, told me he felt bad, yada yada.  Truth be told, I believe he may have nefarious intentions and when I asked him if he agreed that 24 of the plants we had in various stages of growth (my wife had since let her card lapse, but I picked up a patient - also bona fide) were in fact mine (along with all the equipment that I originally started with and had put into the grow operation in the ensuing years) his reply was that he "didn't see it that way".  He has, out of the blue, essentially asserted the "possession is 9/10ths of the law" justification to "hijack" both equipment that belongs to me AND my 24 plants that I feel legally responsible for.

We have had what I considered to be a verbal agreement for the past four years.  I've got equipment worth about $2,000 in his basement, and 24 plants that he clearly has no legal entitlement to.  He has no patients, but now has 36 plants (at least, by now) in his possession.  The illegality of his current situation is without question. 

Do I have a legal recourse to sue to get my rightful equipment and plants back from him, or am I just SOL?  If SOL, would there be any legal ramifications for me if I fingered him and put the law to him (which I'm very seriously considering, because I have done for this guy and done for him till I've been blue in the face and he has just totally stuck it to me out of nothing more than apparent greed)?  Could I get my rightful plants back with just a simple visit from myself and the local LEO?  Or is this a bad idea as well?  I have no compunction whatsoever about turning him in for what he's done to me (I know, sad....but true).  I'm having a hard time believing that I'm just flat out screwed on this and he can get away with it scot-free.

Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

With friends like that you dont need any enemy's!!!  oh yea get leo involved lmao and make sure they know where your next grow room is, I know your friend is counting on you to get leo involved, NOT!

Cut your losses and go get change forms and take him or her off,  get a change from and make it so you have possesion of plants at your adress, even if you cant grow there, Dont tell your c.g, if they want to be d,,k heads let em be, if you c.g has possesion of yours and your g.f's plants well as soon as you have 20 days after check cashed you can have possesion of your own plants and your lady can either keep her possesion or give em to you, even if you dont plan on growing, dont let the crooked c.g keep your rites, the state dont send them anything saying you dropped them, they say you should send your old c.g a note saying you are changing,,,,,,,in this circumstance I wouldnt tell anyone you quit your c.g (legaly)

There are ways to do things and you dont have to directly involve leo, like a non pt could get c.g in big trouble if he transfers to them, dont worry, if he phaqed you he will phaq some one else, and all you have to do is watch it happen!

cut your losses and move on!

Peace

Jim

Wow.  "Moron"...........? Really?  Accusations of not answering a question that was, oddly enough, never asked?   I expected a little bit more than sophomore name calling when I registered.

For those of you that kept it civil, thanks again.  Out. 

Gratitude ?

next time roll up the windows!  

- no extra charge, like free advice, take it or leave it...

So, everyone had access to the plants and some plants were his, some were yours, some were someone elses and no caregivers assignments were made?

Hmm,... If not an illegal grow,... sure buggering close.  Seems both of you may end up in jail if involving the police.  Go for it moron.

All 24 of your plants obviously would have put you well over 5 ounces as well. Also, illegal.

I don't know what to tell you.  Seems ya got yourself in a circumstance.  Narc and possibly incriminate myself, or try to find some reasonable way to move on.  This sounds like it is about the money more than the medicine.

:lol:  :money:  :ph34r:

wow mal I dont think ive ever read this side of you! Im thinking there are many more out there that need that kind of speaking too!

lets call leo and see if we are ok with the smell on the outside of our houses, and let them see our room so they can tell us if its locked and secured so that only the person with grow rights in the house is legal, wow that is the best idea I have Read!  NOT!!

The only time I wanted leo in my life I was a kid and my dad was a cop and a good dad, but since than I will bad mouth them to anyone that will listen, even my nephew and cousin who are both cops, my nephew is a cop on the beach in daytona,,yea he knows all, all he knows is the view is great from his seat!

Peace

Jim

Yes, every new poster should be called a moron. It is great for patients, great for the MMMA, and just the right thing to do.

Shrug lol

I often find when trying to talk someone out of doing something ill advised, calling them a moron makes them listen

Shrug. Lol

Edited by michaelscott

Yea, I didn't go quite that far, but fact is.... The shoe fits.  This guy comes into a MMJ forum and talks about calling the cops because he had a falling out with his grow bro. Anyone who does that shouldn't expect too many warm fuzzy feelings coming from many of us.  

Not much has changed since 09 ya'll. We ALL still have targets on our backs and bounties on our heads don't ya know..

I think it is safe to say we have a few years minimum before we can say otherwise. And one wrong turn could change that for the worse as well.

Lets this dudes words stand as a lesson for all of you that are new to this. Many of us have not forgotten the old ways.  

BTW. Do not go to the dudes house. No good will come of it..

I think something can be said for having a little diplomacy with new members regardless of how moronic they are. I guess that is why the MCP is thriving.

Several members gave him similar advice without attacking him personally.

Looking forward to visiting the dccc this summer, if I am driving to Madison how much of a detour are we talking?

Edited by michaelscott

Heh.

I will try to come up with a better word next time I guess for someone who comes in, explains exactly how what they are doing is illegal, then says,.." Hey, should I call the police on my old buddy and testify as to why and exactly how he and I were breaking the law?".

I guess my word didn't fit the description.

I can think of many others. 

In the end,... my advice will be taken because it is brutally honest.  Most people need that.  Especially the ones that ask such stupid questions.

I think something can be said for having a little diplomacy with new members regardless of how moronic they are. I guess that is why the MCP is thriving.

Several members gave him similar advice without attacking him personally.

Looking forward to visiting the dccc this summer, if I am driving to Madison how much of a detour are we talking?

MCP was never meant to attract the public.  If they come that's cool, if not, that's cool too.  As far as we're concerned, it is thriving.

Madison, Wi.?  Madison is about 5 hours drive from us.  It's on the southern end of Wisconsin, the complete other side of the state from Michigan. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think small claims cut off at 5000 but not sure. This is a situation where you started and was running the grow correct?

This community can come together for you if you need it.

I have to go to small claims the 29th, when I filed a suit they said the dollar amount was up to $5000. <~~ district court (Oakland County) I believe Macomb County was $3000 District Court, higher amounts are seen in Circuit Court.

I can add to this thread by saying calling the police for anything is a VERY bad idea.. my home was broken into by a guy I kicked out and my plants were cut and stolen shortly after. The neighbor lady called the fuzz, Cops came took me to jail and I was 100% legit proved that in court but not until thousands were spent just so the courts could read the words on my recommendation. Cause cops can't read they say reading is up to a judge "marijuana is illegal" sorry. Cops are not the answer believe me..

I can feel the fury that your having, for real I was there I still am today I'm so fkn bitter still I'm getting pissed just typing about him.

But for real take the loss on the plants man, plant some seeds, root some clones Just DON'T involve the law. Your ousting yourself by getting them involved don't trust that the cops will be on your side if it relates to MM also I saw you said you don't care about the money involved in court.

Are you basing that dollar amount on being a plaintiff or defending yourself in court..?

Freedom cost alot of money, and its your freedom your gambling with not a lawsuit just saying.. Karma karma karma takes what goes around comes around.

Good luck man your life your decision's but LEO + MM =  :judge: <~~ that guy doesn't care that your 50

On the other side of the coin, we had a break-in here in Dickinson County.  The perpetrators stole cash, marijuana and hash.  When they were caught by the police and prosecuted the police returned the only thing they were able to find, the hash. They had held on to it as evidence in the case.  The burgled person was a member of the DCCC, and actually got photos of the police handing him back his hash, but he prefers to remain anonymous.