Judiciary Hearing On Hb 4271- House Tv Broadcast

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no nate, they changed the typical procedure and made this a "discussion" (their words) about how medical marihuana should be distributed.  The whole morning was choreographed carefully by proponents.

there will be additional hearings on HB 4271 and they will include public testimony.

someone who stayed around will have to let us know about the afternoon session, if there was one.  They had a session at the Capitol for the full House (not about this bill at all) and they never quite know if they will reconvene for additional testimony before House Judiciary.  Meaning you could wait around for 3 or 4 hours and not get nothin (so to speak)....

I have asked Zap to upload the written testimony from the hospice nurse who testified.  She was a lovely, kind, thoughtful person, but her amendment is like fingernails on a chalkboard.... I hope he puts it up for all to see.... I know how to email attachments but not how to put em up here!

Given the nature of the discussion, and the obvious marginalization of 4271 in favor of wider considerations, what do we do that is in our best interest? It appears that the legislature may be considering the unavoidable fact that cannabis prohibition is all but over. How do we keep them out of our pockets?

The arguments by Callton and most of the witnesses favoring PCs are disingenuous at best. They have a plan that has slim chance of working.

My intention is to lay out arguments in favor of keeping our right to grow and acquire without penalty under the current law, and to avoid the coming commercialization and expensive taxation that is sure to come. It even appears they may be considering opening up the act to permit more liberal treatment of patients under the MMMA, and possibly even entertain p2p. Perhaps that is too optimistic. We have to stay close to this, and watch for fast moves that will leave us worse off.

Mandatory testing and p2p would be all I could ask for ..and most importantly the grow rights stay with patients and caregivers.if provisioning centers open with cultivation rights...what wld that do to for the majority of us little guys.I've put 5 years and a lot of cash into this along with a lot of charity to ppl who needed it, if someone's Gona make a buck it shld be people like me.

The hearing, as well as the SC Koon decision, was discussed on the last Planet Green Trees episode. www.planetgreentrees.com

The hearing was a general discussion on mmj distribution, but 4271 was referred to often.

There was an afternoon session.

No dispensary interests supported mandatory testing. Cannalytics- a testing center and the hospice nurse, were the only ones I recall suggesting that it should be mandatory.

McQueen offered an accurate description of the meaning of the SC ruling in his own case.

Several people including Karen O'Keefe, Steve Green from The Human Solution and MedHead, and Rick Thompson, gave very compelling testimony.

If the dispensary interests aren't pushing it, why does it keep coming up when they talk about legalizing dispensaries?  To me, and others in the community, it seems that the dispensaries are willing to support this attack on our freedom as long as they can have legal stores.  

They are setting the bar lower than it needs to be to get legalization of dispensaries and by doing so are selling out the entire community.

Do we really need to test the medicine some guy grows for his bed-ridden cancer-stricken wife?  Do we really want to make it so he has to test it to transfer the medicine across the house?  Do we really need the government in our grow rooms?  Do we really need the government monitoring every plant we grow?  Is this what we're willing to give up just so someone can open a pot store on Main St.?

How can any of this bill be good for caregivers?

These provisioning centers ,are they going to replace the caregiver system?

maybe and,maybe not 

if it does it wont happen right away i just don't think thats the plan to replace the caregives if they try to pull some Sh*t it will be to Stop all people from growing  but we  all have had a taste of growing our own for almost 5 years now and we will never give it up without a fight it's no fought of anyone and i think if the Bill would say in plane language that taking people's grow rights won't happen For sure they would get more support from more Patients and caregivers 

i think it's people no longer trust the Government IMHO

we shouldn't...y would we?

Because in the USA, we, the people, are the government.

I'm not saying the government is working for the interests of the majority right now though.  There are financial interests that have taken over our system and use it to enrich themselves.  That's not the government's fault.  That's our fault for letting those people use the government as their puppet.  It's not the government we can't trust, It's the people that we are letting manipulate the government that we can't trust.

If the dispensary interests aren't pushing it, why does it keep coming up when they talk about legalizing dispensaries?  To me, and others in the community, it seems that the dispensaries are willing to support this attack on our freedom as long as they can have legal stores.  

They are setting the bar lower than it needs to be to get legalization of dispensaries and by doing so are selling out the entire community.

Do we really need to test the medicine some guy grows for his bed-ridden cancer-stricken wife?  Do we really want to make it so he has to test it to transfer the medicine across the house?  Do we really need the government in our grow rooms?  Do we really need the government monitoring every plant we grow?  Is this what we're willing to give up just so someone can open a pot store on Main St.?

cannabis Store or PC outlet would of been a better word to use 

POT store only gives all of us  all a bad name IMHO

No, it only gives a bad name to the store and those that insist on using them instead of using the legal caregiver system.  The stores are already giving us a bad name no matter what they call themselves or we call them.  The problem we have is NIMBY.  Not In My Back Yard.  Everyone agrees they could/should be legal, but nobody wants one in their town.  A lot of people didn't care about MMJ until they put a store with neon marijuana leaf in the window on Main Street.

You can deny it's a problem all you want, but it's what motivates people to call LEO, and then LEO has to do something, because they are getting calls.  Same for the politicians on the city councils and in the state government.  Most of them didn't care about MMJ until a small vocal minority of their constituents starting complaining to them.  Those people are wrong for the most part, but they get listened to because they are the loudest voice.  In the meantime most of the people on our side are using their vapes and sitting back watching other people do the work.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough people doing the work on our side.  That's why we keep losing on the local level.  That's why it's important to change 4271 so that it doesn't give control of the MMMA to local authorities.

Is that what there pushing for?that all cultivation be tested?i was under the impression it would just be meds transferred through the pc

Did we ever get an answer to this?

I cannot agree with mandatory testing. Shouldn't someone, somewhere, ask them to document harm? Last I heard, people who smoke bugs don't get sick and die. And if you eat it, that can be the other source of protein. Perhaps for commercial sale, but not among ourselves if we choose not to.There is risk that they will make a grab for the medical use rights we enjoy now and the aromatic herb I grow.

Ultimately, it would not be too much to ask that it be treated exactly as any other agricultural commodity like corn that I can grow or buy, or herbal medicine like St. John's Wort. Nothing else makes sense to me. Laws to keep it out of the hands of minors would be required, and would work just about as well as they do now.

No single topic was pointedly discussed by the committee. They had few questions. Making the last minute decision to change the intended agenda, or perhaps not being clear about it at all, complicates things just a little. You can bet if we don't take the issues to them, someone else will.

Edited by GregS

No, it only gives a bad name to the store and those that insist on using them instead of using the legal caregiver system.  The stores are already giving us a bad name no matter what they call themselves or we call them.  The problem we have is NIMBY.  Not In My Back Yard.  Everyone agrees they could/should be legal, but nobody wants one in their town.  A lot of people didn't care about MMJ until they put a store with neon marijuana leaf in the window on Main Street.

You can deny it's a problem all you want, but it's what motivates people to call LEO, and then LEO has to do something, because they are getting calls.  Same for the politicians on the city councils and in the state government.  Most of them didn't care about MMJ until a small vocal minority of their constituents starting complaining to them.  Those people are wrong for the most part, but they get listened to because they are the loudest voice.  In the meantime most of the people on our side are using their vapes and sitting back watching other people do the work.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough people doing the work on our side.  That's why we keep losing on the local level.  That's why it's important to change 4271 so that it doesn't give control of the MMMA to local authorities.

In the meantime most of the people on our side are using their vapes and sitting back watching other people do the work. thats because they our scared they know what will happen to them when they are Raided 

Leo can still get warrants for any home that they small MMJ coming from their homes even trash pull's and someone would have to get a ;Lawyer $$$$ and fight until their money is gone

Did we ever get an answer to this?

The problem herein lies with the fact that the way they define commercial operations, a regular caregiver comes under the definition.  If they pass an ordinance saying commercial operations have to test, then caregivers throughout the state will have to start testing.  Right now in the township next to mine, you can't use MMJ anywhere it is grown for patients other than your self, because caregivers are defined as a commercial operation by the township.

This isn't fear of something that may happen.  This is already happening with many townships throughout the state defining regular caregivers as commercial operations.

In the meantime most of the people on our side are using their vapes and sitting back watching other people do the work. thats because they our scared they know what will happen to them when they are Raided 

Leo can still get warrants for any home that they small MMJ coming from their homes even trash pull's and someone would have to get a ;Lawyer $$$$ and fight until their money is gone

What does that have to do with involvement in political or social activism?

cannabis Store or PC outlet would of been a better word to use 

POT store only gives all of us  all a bad name IMHO

I feel you missed Bob's point here Celli.  Your use of the word "POT" sounds like the negative media outlets along with other anti's.

jmho

The problem herein lies with the fact that the way they define commercial operations, a regular caregiver comes under the definition.  If they pass an ordinance saying commercial operations have to test, then caregivers throughout the state will have to start testing.  Right now in the township next to mine, you can't use MMJ anywhere it is grown for patients other than your self, because caregivers are defined as a commercial operation by the township.

This isn't fear of something that may happen.  This is already happening with many townships throughout the state defining regular caregivers as commercial operations.

Come on, be straight with everyone. You're agitating against this bill using FUD. Suggesting  that a husband is going to have to test meds intended for his sick wife, for example. Almost as ridiculous as the 'death panels' Sarah Palin and the lukewarm IQ brigade were harping on not too long ago. You can make your case without all the fear mongering. It only serves to make your arguments less credible.

Maybe all cultivation should be tested though, since people seem intent on blasting plants with chemicals like Floramite instead of learning how to do it right. :drinking-coffee:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Don't call it 'medicine' if you don't want TPTB assuming you want it treated as such...

What does that have to do with involvement in political or social activism?

i think some people need to read things a few times over to get the point and the point with my post was that we all need to work together as one team and fight for what the people of this Great State has given the sick

Ask not what the sick can give but ask what you can do for the sick