A Case Study In A State Reverting From Medical 420?

pic book

I don't doubt you northerngal. I kind of like him most of the time myself.  But sometimes bro you just go in swinging for no reason and as you are well aware nothing is EVER forgotten on the interwebs.  

Hey, when people start spouting crap about testing home grows and standing between a caregiver wife and a dying husband with a testing mandate, I get a little riled. It's pure fear mongering and worthy of the former fear monger that ran things around here not too long ago.

So, I politely asked the offending party to stop ("came out swinging"). Apparently I'm not allowed to call anyone on this blatant disregard for logic and sense because of some old copy on a website that no longer exists advertising a service no longer available. Silly me. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But should a caregiver servicing people they do/did not know have to get it tested?

Or are we just cutting out a slice for dying spouses, family members and cohabitators?

:-)

And what you have said and advertised in the past is a reflection on your position.

Because one of my points is, according to most definitions or definitions of relevancy, a caregiver falls under the definition of being "commercial" and will likely be classified as a "home occupation". 

So to say "only commercial" should  be tested is a catch-22 waiting to be caught.

This is one of my points.  DPA is paying pharmaceutical lobbyists to travel to legislatures across the country and disabuse "crude" "home grown" cannabis as anything but medical or safe and should not be allowed.  One of the main things they base this on is the fact it is not tested thus not safe and even in the testimony for HB 4271 it was said as much as 30% of medical marijuana in the state is unsafe. 

Testing isn't the only angle of problems.  They wish to remove "crude" cannabis as well.  Smoking is dirty and no "real" doctor would ever recommend smoking to a patient(their words). So the only safe methods are orally ingested extracts.

Ahh well,... I didn't want to keep on .....

Hmmm,... oddly enough, a relevant story that came in today on ye ol newswire:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130605006581/en/Easton-Pharmaceuticals-Announces-Entrance-Medical-Marijuana-Sector

Easton Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Its Entrance into the Medical Marijuana Sector

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Easton Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC: EAPH), a specialty pharmaceutical company that designs, develops, and markets a premium array of topically-delivered therapeutic healthcare products, today announced its initiatives to enter into the Medical Marijuana Sector in both the U.S. and Canadian Markets.

As the company searches for new avenues to generate revenues and enhance its business model, Easton Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is retaining the services of a third party consultants to assist the company with submitting applications with the intent of opening small boutique clinics in both the Canadian and American markets which includes various provinces and states starting in Michigan and California, two marijuana "friendly" states for medicinal marijuana.

Michigan created a Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP), a state registry program where state law provides protections for the medical use of marijuana and allows participants to legally possess, use, buy and grow medical marijuana as will various Provinces in Canada once a national law presently being reviewed is passed.

Easton intends on using the services of qualified third parties to obtain licenses and assist with the setting up of a highly regulated and controlled small clinic with the to supply patients who have obtained a valid medical prescription. Such clinics would need to be strictly inspected on a regular basis in order that it meets all government standards. Easton and others in the industry are awaiting regulations and the approval by both the Canadian and United States governments, but is in the application process in certain states and provinces. Easton Pharmaceuticals is also in the process of developing other OTC herbal products specifically designed for this sector.

Although “Viorra” and other products possessing Easton’s reformulated transdermal delivery system is and will continue to be the main focus for the company and it’s initiatives, Easton Pharmaceuticals has entered the medical marijuana sector due to the growing acceptance by the public, all levels of governments and the revenue potential it can generate

John Adams, President of Easton Pharmaceuticals commented, "With thousands of people in the nearby state of Michigan and various Canadian provinces and jurisdictions to follow, requiring relief from various ailments and illnesses that only the use of medicinal marijuana can provide relief for, Easton has chosen to participate in this industry that has slowly over the last few years received recognition for its medicinal benefits. The United States congress was to have made a final decision approving the use of medical marijuana in limited ways, but recently adjourned the final decision for later in the year."

According to the Long Beach Business Journal in their article titled "The Business of Medical Marijuana" the medical cannabis industry alone was worth about 1.7 billion in 2011, according to a report by the financial news firm See Change Strategy. That figure could reach nearly $9 billion nationwide in five years, as the federal government in the United States clears the way for more states to likely legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes.

One of marijuana's greatest advantages as a medicine is its remarkable safety. It has little effect on major physiological functions. There is no known case of a lethal overdose. On the basis of animal models, the ratio of lethal to effective dose is estimated as 40,000 to 1. By comparison, the ratio is between 3 and 50 to 1 for secobarbital, and between 4 and 10 to 1 for ethanol. Marijuana is also far less addictive and far less subject to abuse than many drugs now used as muscle relaxants, hypnotics, and analgesics. The chief legitimate concern is the effect of smoking on the lungs. Cannabis smoke carries more tars and other particulate matter than tobacco smoke. But the amount smoked is much less, especially in medical use, and once marijuana is an openly recognized medicine, solutions may be found such as vaporization, tinctures, extracts and oils. At present, the greatest danger in medical use of marijuana is its illegality, which imposes much anxiety and expense on suffering people, forces them to bargain with illicit drug dealers, and exposes them to the threat of criminal prosecution.

About Easton Pharmaceuticals Inc

Toronto-based Easton Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company that designs, develops, and markets a premium array of topically-delivered therapeutic healthcare products, focused on skin and circulatory conditions that impact a large and expanding number of consumers including health issues related to male and female sexual dysfunction, scar and stretch marks, cellulite and varicose veins, the world market for these conditions is in excess of $10 billion.

The company's updated proprietary gel formulation is an innovative and unique transdermal delivery system. Easton Pharmaceuticals’ flagship product, VIORRA, is an over-the-counter aid for the treatment to restore and improve vaginal moisture and elasticity which has a very positive effect on women’s sexual desire and arousal, FSAD (Female Sexual Arousal Disorder) the world market for these female conditions are in excess of $2 billion. VIORRA is a topical, daily-use product classified by the FDA as containing Generally Recognized as Safe ingredients.

For More Information Visit

http://www.ashleybiomedical.com & http://www.eastonpharma.com

Safe Harbor

This news release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (The "Act"). In particular, when used in the preceding of discussion, the words "pleased," "plan," "confident that," "believe," "expect," or "intent to" and similar conditional expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Act and are subject to the safe harbor created by the Act. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any of the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, market conditions, general acceptance of the company's products and technologies, competitive factors, the ability to successfully complete additional or adequate financing and other risks and uncertainties as stated in the company's financial reports and filings.

John Adams, President/CEO

Easton Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Tel: +1(416) 619-0291
Tel: +1(347) 284-0192
Media and Investor Relations: info@ashleybiomedical.com, info@lamindustries.com

But should a caregiver servicing people they do/did not know have to get it tested?

Or are we just cutting out a slice for dying spouses, family members and cohabitators?

:-)

And what you have said and advertised in the past is a reflection on your position.

Are you effing serious? :lol:

It's your fellow traveler that brought up the crap about forcing testing on a husband and his sick patient wife. Save your paranoid lectures for him, please.

Because one of my points is, according to most definitions or definitions of relevancy, a caregiver falls under the definition of being "commercial" and will likely be classified as a "home occupation". 

So to say "only commercial" should  be tested is a catch-22 waiting to be caught.

This is one of my points.  DPA is paying pharmaceutical lobbyists to travel to legislatures across the country and disabuse "crude" "home grown" cannabis as anything but medical or safe and should not be allowed.  One of the main things they base this on is the fact it is not tested thus not safe and even in the testimony for HB 4271 it was said as much as 30% of medical marijuana in the state is unsafe. 

Testing isn't the only angle of problems.  They wish to remove "crude" cannabis as well.  Smoking is dirty and no "real" doctor would ever recommend smoking to a patient(their words). So the only safe methods are orally ingested extracts.

Ahh well,... I didn't want to keep on .....

Yes, yes, heard all that a million times. Yawn.

So, let's take a looksy at what dispensaries and they lobbyists(MPP/ASA) are doing in Nevada:

-----------

Email from MPP:

Nevada: Medical marijuana dispensary vote imminent; act now!

Call or email your assembly member today.

Dear Gerome:

Nearly 13 years after 65% of Nevada voters enacted a constitutional amendment that required the state legislature to authorize “appropriate methods” of supply of medical marijuana, the legislature could finally do so. The Assembly will vote on S.B. 374 today or tomorrow, and it’s crucial that your assembly member hear from you before casting his or her vote.

Please call or email your assembly member today to ask him or her to fulfill the will of voters and his or her constitutional duty.

Last year, Judge Donald Mosley found that the state’s 2001 medical marijuana law was “absurd,” unconstitutional, and “ridiculous.” It fails to allow patients to buy their medicine, and instead relies on them growing it themselves or having an individual caregiver do so. The Assembly Judiciary Committee and the Senate have both approved S.B. 374, which would fix this by allowing state-regulated dispensaries and growers. The most recent version of the bill would allow current patients to cultivate until April 2016. Any patient could cultivate if they don’t live near a dispensary.

The legislature will adjourn tomorrow night, so it’s crucial you act now to make sure patients finally have a reasonable supply of their medicine. Then, ask your friends and family in Nevada to do the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's not forget that Nevada already allows Medical marihuana similar to Michigan with patients and caregivers who are allowed to grow 7 plants and have 1 ounce. 

So, it seems they will be removing the home growing rights from people.  Imagine that!  Surprise!! Surprise!!

So let's take a closer look at this bill being pushed by MPP and ASA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SB 374 of Nevada

5. A medical marijuana dispensary and a cultivation facility may acquire usable marijuana or marijuana plants from a patient who holds a valid registry identification card, or the designated primary caregiver of such a patient. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the patient or caregiver, as applicable, must receive no compensation for the marijuana. A patient who holds a valid registry identification card, and the designated primary caregiver of such a patient, may sell usable marijuana to a medical marijuana dispensary one time and may sell marijuana plants to a cultivation facility one time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well isn't that just special.

How dandy of the dispensaries to allow a patient or caregiver to sell to them ONE time. Awww.... I hear pennies and crocodile tears rolling down the alley. O wait!!!.... Not even pennies rolling down the alley; they expect the patients and caregivers to just give it to them for FREE that one time they are allowed. 

Hmmm,... let's see what other special things the dispensaries managed to get in their bill....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sec. 19.6. 1. Each medical marijuana dispensary shall, at

the time of making a sale of marijuana or edible marijuana

products, or both, collect a flat fee of $10 for deposit in the State General Fund.

2. The fee described in subsection 1 is to be applied in

addition to any overhead or administrative costs of the medical

marijuana dispensary in making the sale, and in addition to any

profit made by the medical marijuana dispensary on the sale.

3. As used in this section, “sale” means a single completed

purchase, regardless of the number of individual items included in the purchase.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So,... every time someone only buys a gram or a single brownie, they have to pay a $10 fee over the cost.  Good thing they are keeping the poor patients in mind with this bill. I was getting worried there<sarc>.

Anyhow,... what other goodies are in this bill as I skim over it...

Ohhhhhhhh...<dower sounding>

I see now.  Yeap.... here we go. That thing I always warn people about that never happens.

Heh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Notwithstanding any other provision of law and except as

otherwise provided in this subsection, after a medical marijuana

dispensary opens in the county of residence of a person who holds

a registry identification card or his or her designated primary

caregiver, if any, such persons are not authorized to cultivate,

grow or produce marijuana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh yes.

As is happening in all dispensary interested states anymore. Home growing is going away. MPP has directly stated they don't believe home growing is the best way to procede and doesn't do well in the polls,... according to their polls paid for by yes.... dispensaries. Heh.

So,... no home growing when a dispensary opens in your COUNTY!  Ain't that just special.  Makes ya all warm and fuzzy aye OG?  Good thing they have your undying and unwavering support.

Alright,... moving on,... what else is  in this bill on fast glance:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A patient or caregiver:

(b) Do not, at any one time, collectively possess, deliver or

produce more than:

(1) [One ounce] Two and one-half ounces of usable marijuana [;] in any one 14-day period;

--------------------------------------------------------

This is what happens when language crosses over between laws.  Buy wanting dispensaries to only be able to sell 2.5 oz to a patient every 14 days, they have screwd over the few patients that may still be able to grow.

Patients can now only PRODUCE 2.5 oz every 14 days now.  Heh. So much for a 10 day rotation!

But hey, you can buy your hash oil at the dispensary anyhow. What does it matter?

What other little gems are in this law?

Well, I see where they have reciprocity only if the dispensaries are allowed full access to your states(Michigans) confidential database.  Hmm,... sounds like a great idea!

Ahh well.

Anyone who doesn't believe home growing rights are under assault is crazy.  This is one the main reasons I fight so hard in Michigan. I truly believe, Michigan may have been the 16th state to legalize medical marijuana, but will likely be one of the last that allows home growing(for the time being).  As states, dispensaries(MPP,ASA) and commercialization becomes the number one priority for lobbying groups, we systematicly watch them rip away rights from patients and caregivers in favor of taxes, profits, narrow supply and limited accessibility at a high cost.

Peace.

Dispensaries have removed home growing rights from patients and their caregivers in Nevada  after 2 years while dispensaries establish themselves.

Just thought I would update.

For all those who think they(ASA and MPP) can't remove our home growing rights in Michigan, here is proof this is what their end goal is now.

Been trying to tell ya all.  -_-

Hey malumutt u sit in meetings. Where u spout your crap u and the other dirt ball celliach telling people quit s how they do nothing upporting Michigan norml saying how bad they all are and we should follow u and your super power mop u truley are clueless. Just remember the two worst things for medical in the up has been u and glassclock just shut up already

wow, flashes of things i've sure never heard.

Dispensaries have removed home growing rights from patients and their caregivers in Nevada  after 2 years while dispensaries establish themselves.

Just thought I would update.

For all those who think they(ASA and MPP) can't remove our home growing rights in Michigan, here is proof this is what their end goal is now.

Been trying to tell ya all.  -_-

Sheeeeoiiiiit.  You smacked me in the face.  Given your example,  it seeems i have to change my stance and think those interests you name mean to take my grow rights.   Til 5 mins ago I thot, we can co-exist.  no more, i cannot stand aside.  Thank you Jesus!  I'm in?  So I'm asking myself.  i know that home grow is the poor patent's DIY for all things thc.  I'm proof of that.  All other remedies, for most people, come with some sort of financial assistance attached.  Without financial assitance I could not get my prescriptions.  Without financial assistance I could not buy marijuana meds that keep me from busting people in the face.  (Yeah I'm angry at what happened to me.  For the first time in my life something happened that i cannot forgive). 

It's acceptably cheaper, so I have a home grow.  

But if the groups you list are successful, they will have locked me out of access.  So now that i realize (and agree) that a side has to be taken, I have taken a side, against the ones who will take away my grow rights. 

I'd be willing to co-exist but not them.  They intend to own all the supply there is, and I don't have the $ to buy it from them.  So I say let's fight them, and grow our army to fight them.

Edited by pic book

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE.  THEY WILL flower US IN THE donkey.

Here is a truly depressing thread about the changes to the Colorado law that all but eliminated home grows.  Its a long one, but enlightening.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=165766

Its 100 some pages of stoners arguing and saying that the state won't do anything.  One lawyer involved in the process is trying to warn them that it is going to pass but he just gets dog piled on.

P.S.  it passed and owners needed to come up with up to $18,000 in fees in just over a month to stay legal.  Home grows had the same amount of time to get down to 6 plants.

I will say this, the weed is cheap in CO now.  My brother lives in Denver and brings me back some when he visits.  I have, as a whole, not been impressed.  But ozs are like $150 at dispos so, whatever I guess.

Edited by Petyr

Sheeeeoiiiiit.  You smacked me in the face.  Given your example,  it seeems i have to change my stance and think those interests you name mean to take my grow rights.   Til 5 mins ago I thot, we can co-exist.  no more, i cannot stand aside.  Thank you Jesus!  I'm in?  So I'm asking myself.  i know that home grow is the poor patent's DIY for all things thc.  I'm proof of that.  All other remedies, for most people, come with some sort of financial assistance attached.  Without financial assitance I could not get my prescriptions.  Without financial assistance I could not buy marijuana meds that keep me from busting people in the face.  (Yeah I'm angry at what happened to me.  For the first time in my life something happened that i cannot forgive). 

It's acceptably cheaper, so I have a home grow.  

But if the groups you list are successful, they will have locked me out of access.  So now that i realize (and agree) that a side has to be taken, I have taken a side, against the ones who will take away my grow rights. 

I'd be willing to co-exist but not them.  They intend to own all the supply there is, and I don't have the $ to buy it from them.  So I say let's fight them, and grow our army to fight them.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. :-)

But yes,... several groups are lobbying against home growing in favour of "pharmaceutical grade" cannabis. Drug Policy Alliance(DPA), Americans for Safe Access(ASA), Marijuana Policy Project(MPP) are a few of them and there are many more.  Some do it consciously, some do it from ignorance of what preaching for "pharma grade tested" and full commercialization entails. The instigators of the political keywords and legislation know exactly what they are doing though; and I merely try to pass their intent along.

The future of cannabis in my eyes is not 100% government controlled access with taxes being charged and monopolized control by the few, accompanied by stringent tracking and inflated prices.

Some will tell you that is the future, get over it.  I say not if I have anything to do with it. :-)

I will preach the advantages of small private home production always and will recommend legislation and alternatives to the aforementioned commercial tracking of the cannabis movement.

People hate me for it. ALOT of people hate me for it. Big money hates people like me for calling them out and pointing out their objectives and how they naively pursue them at the detriment of the common (wo)man.

I sadly feel and have said for years, I am fighting a losing battle, but I will influence the inevitable and hopefully maintain home growing for future generations,.... and most importantly, myself.  I am honest about my motivations at least, unlike the commercially interested.

Take what I say with a grain of salt and do the research yourself. 

Investigate groups like DPA who secretly fund lobbyists who go around to legislatures and excoriate the concept of "crude" home grown cannabis as "dangerous" and the worst possible solution.  The preach " pharmaceutical grade" cannabis only, FULLY controlled.  Heck they even discuss never allowing any type of "crude" natural cannabis be allowed.  It should all be extracted in a laboratory to ensure uniformity and safety to facilitate "safe access".   Yea that word. Bleh.  That phrase nauseates me.

Anyhow,... do the investigative work yourselves.  I been on this case for years and years and anyone who knows me knows I have been uncannily correct about all the pitfalls and ill intentions that pervade the cannabis movement.

Here is my absolute bottom of the line minimum standard I apply to medical cannabis.

Twelve Plants. One Patient. Leave us alone.

You want to know my intent?  Read that phrase.

http://www.dfaf.org/sites/dfaf.org/files/medical%20marijuana%20position.pdf

Why Crude Marijuana is Not Medicine

The controversial topic of “medical marijuana” is surrounded with confusing and contradicting information. Drug Free America Foundation, Inc. (DFAF)   has studied the issue thoroughly and is committed to providing the most accurate information based on scientific and medical evidence.  DFAF does not believe that crude marijuana, however, can be used safely as medicine.

Crude marijuana is considered a Schedule 1 drug, the most restrictive designation given by the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) that places all drugs regulated by federal law into one of five schedules. What this means is that marijuana:

·         has a high potential for abuse;

·         has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the U.S.;

·         lacks the accepted safety for use of the drug under medical supervision;

·         cannot be prescribed by a doctor;

·         is not sold in a pharmacy; and

·         is in the same category as heroin, LSD and Ecstasy (MDMA).

Crude marijuana has been rejected for medicinal use by many prominent national health organizations including the American Medical Association, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, American Glaucoma Society, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Cancer Society, National Eye Institute, National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke and most importantly the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Medications should be determined through scientifically valid research and the well established FDA process - not by the desires of a small group of individuals or the public’s vote. The FDA is tasked with determining what is deemed as medicine. That process has been carefully constructed over the past century to protect patient health and safety. All medications, particularly those containing controlled substances, should become available only after having satisfied the rigorous criteria of the FDA approval process. Patients and physicians have the right to insist that prescription medications satisfy modern medical standards for quality, safety and efficacy. Such medications must be standardized by composition and dose and administered in an appropriate and safe delivery system with a reproducible dose.

In Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics v. DEA, 15 F.3d 1131 (D.D.C. 1994), the United States District Court for the District of Columbia accepted the Drug Enforcement Administration's five-part test for determining whether a drug meets "currently accepted medical use." The test requires that:

1. the drug's chemistry must be known and reproducible;
  2. there must be adequate safety studies;
  3. there must be adequate and well-controlled studies proving efficacy;
  4. the drug must be accepted by qualified experts; and
  5. the scientific evidence must be widely available.

Applying these criteria to crude marijuana, the court found that the drug had no currently accepted medical use. Preclinical and clinical studies are necessary to provide physicians with adequate information to guide their prescribing decisions. It is quite possible that in the near future we can anticipate that cannabinoid products will undergo clinical trials for their approval, and some may reach the market. There is no reason why medications derived from the cannabis plant should be exempted from the FDA process.

A pill form of the active chemical in marijuana, dronabinol (trade name – Marinol) currently exists and can be helpful for the nausea associated with chemotherapy or the wasting disease that appears with AIDS. But, even dronabinol is typically a third tier medicine. According to John A. Benson, Jr., M.D. of the Institute of Medicine, research on other cannabinoids is underway, and some of these chemicals may one day prove to be useful medicines. However, he states: “While we see a future in the development of chemically defined cannabinoid drugs, we see little future in smoked marijuana as a medicine.”  No FDA-approved medications are smoked.

It is difficult to administer safe, regulated doses of medicines in smoked form. Furthermore, the harmful chemicals and carcinogens that are byproducts of smoking create entirely new health problems. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, after an extensive review of over 30 scientific papers, declared that marijuana smoke causes cancer. The respiratory difficulties associated with marijuana use preclude the inhaled route of administration as a medicine. Smoked marijuana is associated with higher concentrations of tar, carbon monoxide, and carcinogens than even cigarette smoke. Recent studies show the following destructive effects of marijuana use:

§         Respiratory damage

§         Cardiovascular damage – it can dramatically increase heart rate

§         Reproductive damage in men and women

§         Immunosuppression

§         Paranoia

§         Emotional disorders

§         Increased risk of schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric disorders

§         Memory loss

§         Loss of ability to concentrate

§         Increased tolerance to intoxication

§         Addiction

§         Leads to much higher use of other illegal drugs

§         Linked to more violent behavior

Long ago, the scientific and medical community determined that mere anecdotal reports of efficacy are not sufficient to warrant distribution of a product to seriously ill patients. Marijuana is intoxicating, so it's not surprising that sincere people report relief of their symptoms when they smoke it. They may be feeling better - but they are not actually getting better. They may even be getting worse due to the detrimental effects of marijuana.

Legalization advocates would have the public and policy makers incorrectly believe that marijuana is the only treatment alternative for masses of cancer sufferers who are going untreated for the nausea associated with chemotherapy, and for all those who suffer from glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, and other ailments. However, numerous effective medications are currently available for these conditions. According to Dr. Eric Voth, a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, some alleged uses for marijuana are to treat the nausea associated with chemotherapy or to create appetite stimulation in persons with AIDS, but there are better and safer FDA approved medications available such as Reglan, Zofran, Decadron, Compazine. Another remotely documented benefit is with spasticity for MS sufferers, but there are also better medicines available such as Baclofen, Amrix, Flexeril, Clonazepam, Robaxin and Neurontin.

Drs. Eric Voth and Richard Schwartz, experts on marijuana, having extensively reviewed available therapies for chemotherapy-associated nausea, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, and appetite stimulation, determined that no compelling need exists to make crude marijuana available as a medicine for physicians to prescribe. They concluded that the most appropriate direction for research is to investigate specific cannabinoids or synthetic analogs rather than pursuing the smoking of marijuana, echoing the conclusion of the Institute of Medicine.

Didn't you and malamute consider opening a lab, what made you turn from an enemy to an ally to home growers?

Ridiculous

Several reasons why we decided against it as a business model.

First, the equipment needed to test accurately was way too expensive and would take years to recoup the initial costs.

Second, We didn't want to use cheaper equipment because it wasn't accurate enough. It was more for the novelty, than anything else.  Even some testers will tell you that.  There's one tester on this forum that agreed with that in a PM several years ago, but now denies it because if it got out to the general public, many testers would be out of business. 

Third, we realized where the whole testing thing was going and decided not to be part of the group that is currently killing home-growing.  We decided not to be the enemy and started advocating for making it legal to grow marijuana plants next to your tomato plants instead of a well-regulated scenario such as is currently used for hard liquor, which is where we are headed.  Basically, we decided to put freedom before profit.

http://www.dfaf.org/sites/dfaf.org/files/medical%20marijuana%20position.pdf

Why Crude Marijuana is Not Medicine

DFAF does not believe that crude marijuana, however, can be used safely as medicine.

the whole 'marijuana is dangerous' lie has escaped from the bottle of lies.

its dangerous because its schedule 1! its schedule 1 because its dangerous!

so, what makes it so dangerous again?

it makes the darkies think they are as good as the white man. thats why.

Edited by t-pain

the whole 'marijuana is dangerous' lie has escaped from the bottle of lies.

its dangerous because its schedule 1! its schedule 1 because its dangerous!

so, what makes it so dangerous again?

it makes the darkies think they are as good as the white man. thats why.

I have to agree.  Now we just need to get the people within our own community to stop saying that it's not safe unless it's tested and regulated.

Recent studies show the following destructive effects of marijuana use:

§         Respiratory damage
§         Cardiovascular damage – it can dramatically increase heart rate
§         Reproductive damage in men and women
§         Immunosuppression
§         Paranoia
§         Emotional disorders
§         Increased risk of schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric disorders
§         Memory loss
§         Loss of ability to concentrate
§         Increased tolerance to intoxication
§         Addiction
§         Leads to much higher use of other illegal drugs
§         Linked to more violent behavior

They forgot the best one from the seventies:

It makes males grow female mammary glands (Teats).

Oh, and while I am at it, I think the Partnership for a Drug Free America is an arm of the American Pharmaceutical Industry. Why do I think this? Well, they have conveniently neglected to relate all the problems associated with FDA approved "safe" drugs. Most of these drugs come with a list of side effects longer than your arm and many of them are truly, seriously addictive. We can't have an honest discussion until marijuana's benefits and side effects are known. Until then, I really think it would be appropriate to abstain from making blanket statements about marijuana. Otherwise, they are engaging in the same old fruitless propaganda that has characterized the discussion about marijuana since day one.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Pharma.

"http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a7_1240582766"

Which is worse?

Dispensaries taking over and having large corps along with local "mom and pop" stores

or

Big Pharma running the show and having it locked up tighter than codeine where the only place to acquire is through a pharmacist.

What if med laws are not all they seem to be? Washington and Colorado type legalization probably scares them more than having med laws in every state.

EDIT: fixed

Edited by OG Fire Beaster