Mmmp Parents And Cps

loragael

• 3 months later...

I have some concerns reguarding CPS. my family just had the pleasure of meeting our county's CPS worker. My husband is a caregiver and just to let you all know, my husband is the most "by-the-book" caregiver you could ever meet. Heres our Story:

A certain family member who has anger issues, called CPS and told them our home is so full of garbage, that its stacked to the celing (lie) and that we use our MM in front of our children (lie) and that we supply the whole town (lie). once they came here and saw that it was a malicous attack and all lies do you think they stopped it there and left? no! they came on Christmas eve (did you know they get paid TRIPLE for holiday calls?) and it was the directors sister who came the first time. my husband and i asked them TWICE if this was mandatory that they came in and she and the sherriff both said yes. i asked them not to speak to my children and they did. She noted that there were plastic bags in my babies crib indicating there was no safe place to sleep for our 1 year old daughter (she sleeps with me which i was told by another Michigan agency was a beautiful bonding experience WIC). the bags were Christmas gifts that i had just put there to wrap for the next day. They left and the other worker came the day after Christmas. She noted an odor. She asked to speak with my 6 year old and i said no. she said it was required and wanted to speak to her privately. this woman is a real card and you will learn why. She wanted to see the set-up. anyone who knows the law knows you cant show that anyone without a warrant!! she didnt even ask our kid about smoking, just what happens when she gets in trouble. trying to see if i hit my kids or something). i could go on and on about how invasive this visit was but when she asked about my ethnicity, i became concerned. Come to find out, she may be a little racist. I looked her up on facebook and she is into paranormal stuff (we as Christians dont accept the paranormal and are adamant about keeping our children away from that stuff). she also posted something about 'dont make me go all crazy WHITE GIRL on you'. Now whats a state worker who isnt supposed to discriminate doing working around kids and asking about our ethnicity. AND whats a person who messes with the paranormal doing around Children? if you ask me, thats the last thing you want around your kids if your goal is their safety!! I dont know what to do. i feel like im being targeted because we live in a small town and they need to create case to justify their jobs. and it seems kinda fishy that the directors sister got alled to my home on Christmas eve. Lucky her to get TRIPLE pay for invading my childrens sence of security. Is this abuse of power and discrimination?! help!

I have some concerns reguarding CPS. my family just had the pleasure of meeting our county's CPS worker. My husband is a caregiver and just to let you all know, my husband is the most "by-the-book" caregiver you could ever meet. Heres our Story:

A certain family member who has anger issues, called CPS and told them our home is so full of garbage, that its stacked to the celing (lie) and that we use our MM in front of our children (lie) and that we supply the whole town (lie). once they came here and saw that it was a malicious attack and all lies

do you think they stopped it there and left? no! they came on Christmas eve (did you know they get paid TRIPLE for holiday calls?) and it was the directors sister who came the first time. my husband and i asked them TWICE if this was mandatory that they came in and she and the sheriff both said yes.

i asked them not to speak to my children and they did. She noted that there were plastic bags in my babies crib indicating there was no safe place to sleep for our 1 year old daughter (she sleeps with me which i was told by another Michigan agency was a beautiful bonding experience WIC).

the bags were Christmas gifts that i had just put there to wrap for the next day. They left and the other worker came the day after Christmas. She noted an odor. She asked to speak with my 6 year old and i said no.

she said it was required and wanted to speak to her privately. this woman is a real card and you will learn why. She wanted to see the set-up. anyone who knows the law knows you cant show that anyone without a warrant!! she didnt even ask our kid about smoking, just what happens when she gets in trouble. trying to see if i hit my kids or something). i could go on and on about how invasive this visit was but when she asked about my ethnicity, i became concerned. Come to find out, she may be a little racist.

I looked her up on Facebook and she is into paranormal stuff (we as Christians don't accept the paranormal and are adamant about keeping our children away from that stuff). she also posted something about 'don't make me go all crazy WHITE GIRL on you'.

Now whats a state worker who isnt supposed to discriminate doing working around kids and asking about our ethnicity. AND whats a person who messes with the paranormal doing around Children? if you ask me, thats the last thing you want around your kids if your goal is their safety!!

I don't know what to do. i feel like im being targeted because we live in a small town and they need to create case to justify their jobs. and it seems kinda fishy that the directors sister got allied to my home on Christmas eve. Lucky her to get TRIPLE pay for invading my childrens sence of security. Is this abuse of power and discrimination?!

help!

WOW! sad story their have been 20  cases just like yours here in Mich. have you tried calling your local news ? thats what the Green Family did and it worked out for them

cps has gestapo powers to enter your house and interrogate your kids.

aint nothin you can do bout it.

i bet cps is racist, just like most law enforcement.

every single state and federal agency warns against letting babies sleep in the same bed as parents.

Scientists say bed-sharing puts babies at a higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS. Doctors recommend that babies share a room with their parents but not a bed.

Two-hundred-seventy-eight infants have died in L.A. County over the last four years due to accidental suffocation while sleeping. The majority happen in Latino and African-American families.

Suffocation and strangulation in an adult bed is the leading cause of injury-related death for Florida infants under age 1.
The risk of sleeping-related infant death is 40 times higher for babies who sleep in adult beds compared to babies who sleep in their own cribs.

http://www.ounce.org/safe_sleep.html

http://www.infantsafesleep.co/

September 2013: Infant Safe Sleep Awareness Month

http://www.michigan.gov/safesleep

so if you have admitted this to cps it may already be grounds for future problems.

and if you keep sleeping next to your baby , it might suffocate!

showing them the grow, with a sherriff.... well i dont know whats best.

some people let them in and take a look and its ok.

some people let them in and take a look and then its not ok.

some people dont let them in and then cops dont come back.

some people dont let them in and then cops come back with a warrant and do major damage.

you're really going to have to make that decision on your own. or with a few different lawyers.

good luck. feel free to ask more questions. but i am no expert or lawyer.

cps has gestapo powers to enter your house and interrogate your kids.

aint nothin you can do bout it.

i bet cps is racist, just like most law enforcement.

every single state and federal agency warns against letting babies sleep in the same bed as parents.

Scientists say bed-sharing puts babies at a higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS. Doctors recommend that babies share a room with their parents but not a bed.

Two-hundred-seventy-eight infants have died in L.A. County over the last four years due to accidental suffocation while sleeping. The majority happen in Latino and African-American families.

Suffocation and strangulation in an adult bed is the leading cause of injury-related death for Florida infants under age 1.

The risk of sleeping-related infant death is 40 times higher for babies who sleep in adult beds compared to babies who sleep in their own cribs.

http://www.ounce.org/safe_sleep.html

http://www.infantsafesleep.co/

September 2013: Infant Safe Sleep Awareness Month

http://www.michigan.gov/safesleep

so if you have admitted this to cps it may already be grounds for future problems.

and if you keep sleeping next to your baby , it might suffocate!

showing them the grow, with a sherriff.... well i dont know whats best.

some people let them in and take a look and its ok.

some people let them in and take a look and then its not ok.

some people dont let them in and then cops dont come back.

some people dont let them in and then cops come back with a warrant and do major damage.

you're really going to have to make that decision on your own. or with a few different lawyers.

good luck. feel free to ask more questions. but i am no expert or lawyer.

+2.  I was going to comment on the bed-sharing thing but I feel like sometimes I come across as argumentative.  But yeah, all the conventional wisdom I absorbed when my kids were infants suggests that it is a bad idea and dangerous to share a bed with an infant.

And now since I'm being argumentative.....this issue of someone believing in the paranormal....isn't that kinda the same thing as being a Christian?....I mean the whole idea that a guy was murdered and then rose from the dead and appeared before his followers....Isn't that paranormal?  So why is one paranormal belief held in higher regard than another?

And now since I'm being argumentative.....this issue of someone believing in the paranormal....isn't that kinda the same thing as being a Christian?....I mean the whole idea that a guy was murdered and then rose from the dead and appeared before his followers....Isn't that paranormal?  So why is one paranormal belief held in higher regard than another?

i wasnt gonna do it, but now you got me started.

whats up with that whole 'the holy ghost' or the 'holy spirit' in the bible too? that seems pretty paranormal to me.

i wasnt gonna do it, but now you got me started.

whats up with that whole 'the holy ghost' or the 'holy spirit' in the bible too? that seems pretty paranormal to me.

Man, I know we disagree on some stuff....but wow...yeah....  I've had some funny conversations with my kids in the last couple of years.  They held onto the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, and the Tooth Fairy for a lot of years.  But a couple of years ago, they rejected the "holy ghost" stuff and were kinda adamant and almost offensive and arrogant about it to Christians.  Yet they still believed in all of the magic fairies, etc.    And so I'd ask them, "so you believe that a guy in a red suit lives at the north pole and makes playstations and gives them away for free?? And some hot chick flies into your bedroom and takes your teeth and leaves you money???? yet you think that the idea that JC got nailed to a cross and died and then came back to life is all nonsense?"  WTF?

What magic do you believe in?

So how do we parents seriously expect our kids to believe us when we tell them that the "magic" of Santa Clause and the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny...and heck...maybe even the great pumpkin are real...and then we try to separate that magic from the magic of the Christian "Holy Ghost?"

I gave up on all this a long time ago, and I now encourage people to give a good listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlp0GBn02wM

The race thing with CPs could be a money grab, state gets more fed dollars kicked back for placing minorities in foster care. I know a young lady of Native American heritage and she started taping all calls and conversations with CPs told CPs she was recording everthing. There tune sure changed with her. I have moved more than one CPs worker I have asked at least three different workers what official CPs policy was as pertains to mm. Most common theme was if your child can describe your grow tomm you have a problem. If you smoke in front of your child y got a problem. This in no way means all CPs agents are a like small sample and just my option.

You do not have to allow CPS into your home.

CPS cannot obtain search warrants, as they are not law enforcement; they may, however, obtain a summons for you to appear in court, and may only enter your home with an authorized petition by a judge.

They certainly will lie; telling you you have to let them in. Rest assured, you do not, and furthermore your non compliance is not ammunition for them to use lawfully.

You should absolutely record all of your interaction with them. Tell them to leave, if they do not leave you can take them to court and sue them; any agent of the government must leave upon request lest they possess a warrant or exigent circumstances are presented.

It is a very severe civil rights violation, but you must get proof of recording.

They will tell you it is against the law for you to do so, however that is untrue.

You do not have to inform CPS you are recording either. They are agents of the government and can be recorded in the State of Michigan.

Im sorry to hear of this.

my ex tried to get custody of the kids by calling cps on me. they came over on a saturday with the narc squad and harasses me. i refused entry into my home but did allow 1, just 1, cop in my home to verify my grow was legal. i also brought my kids to the door so cps could vrrify they were safe.

2 days later cps interviewed my 4y/o daughter at preschool without my knowing. the same day she called me and i agreed to allow her in my home. she looked at the grow and checked my fridge for food and tested my hot water.

i got a call a few days later asking me to go take a tinkle test, she said to make sure i wasnt using anything besides marijuana. i passed.

they dropped the case after 30 days and took no further action.

couple months later i was in court regarding a custody issue, the judge informed me cps had sent her a copy of their investigation. she scolded me and told me she dont like me growing and blablabla.

my kids still live with me, and im a dude that lives in oakland county. court case was oakland county as well.

nightmares !   are these agencies somehow rewarded per child removed or something ?

yes, feds give them more money per child in state custody.

in better off states this isnt too much of a problem. but in states like south dakota, well, there is an epidemic of native american kids being stolen by cps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephanie-woodard/south-dakota-indian-child_b_2395110.html

my ex tried to get custody of the kids by calling cps on me. they came over on a saturday with the narc squad and harasses me.

i refused entry into my home but did allow 1, just 1, cop in my home to verify my grow was legal. i also brought my kids to the door so cps could vrrify they were safe.

2 days later cps interviewed my 4y/o daughter at preschool without my knowing. the same day she called me and i agreed to allow her in my home.

she looked at the grow and checked my fridge for food and tested my hot water.

i got a call a few days later asking me to go take a tinkle test, she said to make sure i wasnt using anything besides marijuana. i passed.

They dropped the case after 30 days and took no further action.

Couple months later i was in court regarding a custody issue, the judge informed me cps had sent her a copy of their investigation. she scolded me and told me she dont like me growing and blablabla.

My kids still live with me, and im a dude that lives in Oakland county. Court case was Oakland County as well.

WOW! sad story Michigan has over 20 cases so far involving CPS and taking peoples Kids 

What do you think would have happen if you just didn't answer the door ?

We who are aware have the responsibility to put an end to this !. We're not small, we're just on our knees

yes, feds give them more money per child in state custody.

in better off states this isnt too much of a problem. but in states like south dakota, well, there is an epidemic of native american kids being stolen by cps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephanie-woodard/south-dakota-indian-child_b_2395110.html