Senate Bill 660 - Prairie Plant Law Video A Must Watch

Rick was a disaster.  He alienated the Senators from any compromise.  They brought the State Police in after Sen Richardsville took a break because they did not appreciate his testimony.  Any good point he made was damaged by his lack of appropriate behavior.  As Sen Richardsville said, "I want it noted that this is a hostile witness"...

To me, this is not a winning strategy...

Rick was a disaster.  He alienated the Senators from any compromise.  They brought the State Police in after Sen Richardsville took a break because they did not appreciate his testimony.  Any good point he made was damaged by his lack of appropriate behavior.  As Sen Richardsville said, "I want it noted that this is a hostile witness"...

i didnt see any inappropriate behavior from rick.

i didnt hear the hostile witness quote either. i must have missed it.

edit: i listened to it again, richardsville came back after recess and said he had to go to the bathroom and apologized.

could he haved asked 'please sir, can i have some more' ? sure.

were his questions and concerns made in a concise and respectful way? yes.

did he call them "bought and paid for" like Charmie Gholson? no.

finished watching all the videos.

looks like the committee doesnt care at _all_.

richardsville was talking almost the whole time during rick thompson's time. weird.

rick thompsons testimony was the first and only one to talk specifically about the bill itself and its problems.

also especially in a very detailed analysis of 0660 and comparing it to other recent laws.

the lady next to richardsville is reading the 0660 for the first time. haha

WOW, recess! burn. what was that all about?

"OTHER THINGS AND OTHER PEOPLE!"

bravo rick thompson.

that exchange will give other senators pause when they vote on this bill.

Edited by t-pain

It might be smart to point up the popularity of the enacted law, and remind the Committee that the voters are still here. And it will be argued (I guarantee) that adequate access will be found in permitting patients to participate in both self acquisition that we presently enjoy under the MMA and the proposed method, and to require one with the exception of the other is unacceptable.

Edited by GregS

i didnt see any inappropriate behavior from rick.

i didnt hear the hostile witness quote either. i must have missed it.

edit: i listened to it again, richardsville came back after recess and said he had to go to the bathroom and apologized.

could he haved asked 'please sir, can i have some more' ? sure.

were his questions and concerns made in a concise and respectful way? yes.

did he call them "bought and paid for" like Charmie Gholson? no.

finished watching all the videos.

looks like the committee doesnt care at _all_.

richardsville was talking almost the whole time during rick thompson's time. weird.

rick thompsons testimony was the first and only one to talk specifically about the bill itself and its problems.

also especially in a very detailed analysis of 0660 and comparing it to other recent laws.

the lady next to richardsville is reading the 0660 for the first time. haha

WOW, recess! burn. what was that all about?

"OTHER THINGS AND OTHER PEOPLE!"

bravo rick thompson.

that exchange will give other senators pause when they vote on this bill.

i can agree

"I want it noted that this is a hostile witness

and they are not ? trying to pull a fast one over i think they our the Hostile ones imho

First off, the bill does not yet go to the House.  It only cleared Committee in the Senate.

Second, if you think that Rick was not offensive, so be it, but he sure didn't have a positive impact and he surely damaged his ability to testify "next time" with a clean slate.  Perhaps that is his strategy.  I thought he started out just fine, and made salient points, but then he clearly was a jerk off the rails, and I do not believe this is a winning strategy.  Maybe the lack of love from the Senators that was freakin palpable in the room, did not come across over the internet.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and t-pain you would be well advised to recognize our "elected officials" are human too, and they do not like to be jammed up, and they have a legal right and responsibility to vote on on the bills before them.  So if you think Rick was on target, well fine.  But don't ever freakin hope those Senators will e-v-e-r vote the way you would like.

"I want it noted that this is a hostile witness

and they are not ? trying to pull a fast one over i think they our the Hostile ones imho

their football Bob, not ours.  Their house, not ours.

It seems you fail to recognize the power that they control with their respective chambers (House and Senate).  Just like a policeman may lie to you, and you may not lie to a policeman…. they can be hostile to you at a hearing, but being hostile to them merely cuts of your nose to spite your face.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and t-pain you would be well advised to recognize our "elected officials" are human too, and they do not like to be jammed up, and they have a legal right and responsibility to vote on on the bills before them.  So if you think Rick was on target, well fine.  But don't ever freakin hope those Senators will e-v-e-r vote the way you would like.

Politicians, the more I interact with them, seem less and less human to me.  Of course they are, well, probably they are anyway and we need to keep that in mind, but being friendly with them does not necessarily buy the cannabis movement anything either.  Some times they need to be called out and attention needs to be drawn to their shady political dealings.  This is one of those times as clearly back room dealings are driving SB660 forward so quickly. 

There are many more pressing issues to the cannabis patients but do any of those issues even get a thought let alone a fast tracked bill?  The politicians will eventually vote on bills not because some of us were nice to them but ONLY IN ORDER TO GET RE-ELECTED.  If their stance on an issue will get them donations or votes they are all for it.  If a stance garners no money, political favors, or votes, from my perspective it is seldom taken.

I think we need term limits or something because 98% of the time our sens and reps are concerned with getting re-elected and about 2% of the time, they pause to consider the well being of their constituents.  If they couldn't be re-elected for another term, maybe those percentages would fall more in the people's favor.

First off, the bill does not yet go to the House.  It only cleared Committee in the Senate.

Second, if you think that Rick was not offensive, so be it, but he sure didn't have a positive impact and he surely damaged his ability to testify "next time" with a clean slate.  Perhaps that is his strategy.  I thought he started out just fine, and made salient points, but then he clearly was a jerk off the rails, and I do not believe this is a winning strategy.  Maybe the lack of love from the Senators that was freakin palpable in the room, did not come across over the internet.

How soon till a Senate floor vote?