Two Caregivers One House(Someone Please Helpppp)

crewtight

Som

Hello my step mother is a caregiver. She has 5 patients. Now is it legal for me to also become a care give. Her room is in opposite end of home. Mine would be basement. And I'd only be growing no more than 24 she grows around 48. Someone please help!!!!!!

No one is 100 percent sure but what everyone says is keep plants apart in different locked areas she stays out of your room and you stay out of hers

However I think the police will say it's a Co op. Just keep your lips sealed and don't sell to anyone outside of your registry

Is it legal? Call an experienced attorney for that question, but I do know anything over 99 under one roof in Michigan is always an issue.. Just like having guns and a medical grow is a no no. Some people do it, some people go to prison for doing, but call an attorney before you make a decision.

yes^^^^^

I like one of you keep the veg room and one of you keep the budd room, just make sure your not over your numbers, you can stay well below your numbers and get more than you need, so make the best of the situation, make sure both people are allowed in the home if it isnt one of the two of your homes, if a rental, well I hope the land lord knows!

Best of Luck!

remember no one needs to know where the grow is or ever see it, I dont even let pts see the grow!

Peace

The new state police interpretation of the law says that each set of 12 plants needs to be in a separate enclosed facility.  It sounds stupid, but that could mean you need 10 rooms for 5 patients, if you're going to be flowering and blooming for 5 patients at the same time.  That's 10 sets of walls and doors and locks.  Also, ventilation and fans, lights, etc.

New interpretation by the state police? Can we get some sort of citation on that, greenleaf? I try to keep close tabs on things like this and have seen nothing new in this area.

it was in one of the ag's opinions:

http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2010s/op10338.htm

Further, because the MMMA only authorizes a patient to have 12 marihuana plants at any given time, primary caregivers assisting more than one patient must keep each patient's plants segregated and in a separate enclosed, locked facility.

further 

Thus, a registered primary caregiver's patients may not have access to their caregiver's enclosed, locked facility.

Edited by t-pain

The new state police interpretation of the law says that each set of 12 plants needs to be in a separate enclosed facility.  It sounds stupid, but that could mean you need 10 rooms for 5 patients, if you're going to be flowering and blooming for 5 patients at the same time.  That's 10 sets of walls and doors and locks.  Also, ventilation and fans, lights, etc.

you need to read the law and the bills that pass, not what they are asking on the bills to pass, in my opin you will never have to keep each pt's grow in a diff locked sealed room, that is ridiculious and will never get passed, and you dont ever need to grow the full number you are allowed!  just becuase you have 3 pts and your self does'nt mean you need 48 plants going, if you need that much to supply your pt's start telling them to find a c.g who can grow with much smaller amounts than what they are allowed,  the only time you should be even close is if your doing seeds and you need to sex them, but when you sex them if you dont have enough males to bring the numbers down start thinking of how you can keep all of your plants, if you have room you can veg them longer, I like to have room so I can cut clones, I save my open spots for that, or if something comes along I want to try to grow!

Stay safe! but no need to spread false hoods about the law!

Peace

New interpretation by the state police? Can we get some sort of citation on that, greenleaf? I try to keep close tabs on things like this and have seen nothing new in this area.

You were the person who originally posted it.  Some State Police pdf guide from 3 months ago.  It's a bulletin that orders Troopers to arrest based on Section 333.26424 and keeping plants separate, locked and enclosed.

Or, read the original law again.

Section 333.26424

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

- - - - -

12 plants, enclosed and locked facility, for each patient.  That's a minimum of 5 enclosed and locked facilities for 5 patients.

If you want to change light cycles among your 12 plants, start adding facilities for each registered patient.  So that each patient has an enclosed and locked facility for no more than 12 of their marihuana plants.

So, if you want to bloom some and vegetate some, you need 2 facilities for each patient.  Each facility needs to be locked and enclosed and contain no more than 12 plants for each qualifying patient.

An answer that makes sense;

Just make sure you can only touch the number of plants you are responsible for ON THE FORMS. No more than that. Both sides can agree on that little ditty and it makes sense. Keep it simple like that. It's easy to remember. It applies to all plant count situations you can come up with.

If you happen to be doing something different than that NEVER ADMIT IT.

While it might be a good idea from an operational standpoint, be careful if you start a program where one CG grows the veg plants and the other flowers them.  This inherently shows that there will be/are/have been CG to CG transfers.  CG to CG transfers have been declared unprotected by a supreme court advisory opinion.  So you'd never want to tell LEO "Yeah, my wife clones and veges the plants, then she gives them to me, and I flower them.  Then we trim them and provide the harvest to our patients."  Declaring that you operate this way is inviting trouble.