Secret Ways To Avoid Marijuana Arrests

trichcycler

No it does not Bob. It says that MDCH/LARA is supposed to check them out in a certain time frame. You added the rest, as did bad attorneys, just like the one you listened to telling you what you wanted to hear about dispensaries. You can call them 'inspiring', I call them liars for money.

Edited by Restorium2

sorry but i am pretty sure bob is correct on this one rest..

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28vta2je55yovcvrfk1cdbwb55%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26429

MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)
Initiated Law 1 of 2008

333.26429 Failure of department to adopt rules or issue valid registry identification card.

9. Enforcement of this Act.

Sec. 9.

(a ) If the department fails to adopt rules to implement this act within 120 days of the effective date of this act, a qualifying patient may commence an action in the circuit court for the county of Ingham to compel the department to perform the actions mandated pursuant to the provisions of this act.

(b ) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

(c ) If at any time after the 140 days following the effective date of this act the department is not accepting applications, including if it has not created rules allowing qualifying patients to submit applications, a notarized statement by a qualifying patient containing the information required in an application, pursuant to section 6(a)(3)-(6) together with a written certification, shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

Edited by mibrains

Keep it simple.

A bad form is a bad form and it will NEVER be anything else. PERIOD. Show me one single example of a bad form somehow being elevated into anything useable just because MDCH/LARA was slow. I had a bad form they took 6 months to figure out and their lack of due diligence didn't fix the form. It was bad and that's that, period.

lol...

period eh?

:)

keep what simple?

i did.

i agree with the law that was written.  (and Bob this time) and it still says that.. today.. no matter what "form" you are using.

i copied it from LARA section 9 just now today theres the link up there at the top..

so...

:thumbsu:

Edited by mibrains

Been there and done that. You can stroke the wording all day long and it just doesn't work like that. I'm telling you from real life experience that the days passing doesn't help a bad form at all. You need to listen to what is happening, that should be numero uno in staying safe. That application was totally worthless when I filled it out, 20 days later it was worthless. 5 months later it was worthless. It was NOTHING LIKE having a card at all.

On the other hand a good form is always a good form. The days passing doesn't change a form.

Edited by Restorium2

too bad you feel that way rest.

it is not about the form at all.

section 9 exists today.

if LARA has a delay of more than 20 days - the application is your card until the card arrives.  and any law enforcement official you come into contact with should be aware of this.. 

but

that is why i carry a copy of the act with me at all times.  so if they try to not believe me.. show them. 

simple.

very simple when it is in black and white in front of the nose.

no ambiguity in section 9 whatsoever.

Edited by mibrains

sorry but thats their fault then rest..

not LARAs

it clearly states in section 6 under the rules the only reason LARA can reject an application or renewal is for improper information on the form or fraud.

(c ) The department shall verify the information contained in an application or renewal submitted pursuant to this section, and shall approve or deny an application or renewal within 15 business days of receiving it. The department may deny an application or renewal only if the applicant did not provide the information required pursuant to this section, or if the department determines that the information provided was falsified. Rejection of an application or renewal is considered a final department action, subject to judicial review. Jurisdiction and venue for judicial review are vested in the circuit court for the county of Ingham.

:)

if that happened to you rest...then it should be/have been quickly resolved.

it is law.

today i learned that some people bend to quickly when facing a situation.

had you been aware of rule 9 and had a copy of the law on your person with your paperwork perhaps you would have been standing in the same place on that day...rather than be persecuted?

if a person cannot articulate an argument well... particularly with LEO then practice more... read the entire act a couple more times..  be sure to understand the rules not just "get a card" and assume your ok..

Edited by mibrains

I had a few attorneys look into it. They were surprised like you are. But they couldn't do a thing about it. Forms are always subject to validity regardless of the days passed by after LARA receives it.

mibrains,

You should really think about keeping people safe here and not you personally being right. The validity of the forms trumps any time period in the law. To think different is ok until someone actually tells you what happened in real life. Then you had better listen up and adjust yourself for the good of others here because you are staff. Think about it. You are already muddying up the waters terribly.

Edited by Restorium2

I do not agree with your characterization of "many" arrested defendants, grassmatch. How many defendants do you know? Do you know them only by Google?

There has been plenty of folks in here getting popped zap!  and I bet you think they were all innocent and did nothing wrong, Ive not googled any thing about pt's or c.g's getting busted, word of mouth and reading in here has shown me plenty!

Peace

If you really want to be left alone.

1. See doctor and have card

2. 12 plants

3. 2.5 ounces

4. Locked up, outdoors must have a complete enclosure including a roof.

5. Zipped lips and NO transfers

Name one person arrested that followed those simple guidelines. I think that scenario is running at 100% non arrested rate.

Agreed!

Peace

I had a few attorneys look into it. They were surprised like you are. But they couldn't do a thing about it. Forms are always subject to validity regardless of the days passed by after LARA receives it.

mibrains,

You should really think about keeping people safe here and not you personally being right. The validity of the forms trumps any time period in the law. To think different is ok until someone actually tells you what happened in real life. Then you had better listen up and adjust yourself for the good of others here because you are staff. Think about it. You are already muddying up the waters terribly.

i disagree rest.. and i am not surprised... at all.  i still maintain my position because i have seen it work personally.

so i suppose enough said.

don't just  know the law.. have a copy of it with you.

and it is not me muddying up the waters trying to be right.  the act says what is says.  if you had a "few attorneys" look at it.. find new ones.

contract law is complex.. and legal opinions are like butt holes.. forms are not subject to validity in it of itself. they are subject to acceptance and section 9 clearly shows what qualifies as acceptance according to law.

section 9 is clear and unambiguous.  there is no mud present.

i personally have seen it work in front of my eyes... so theres not much that could change my thoughts on that... and as you know i change my mind when offered relevant information.

Edited by mibrains

You have seen an invalid form turn good over time? I call BS on that because I know better. I asked a LOT of attorneys about this. You are wrong and it could hurt someone reading here. I myself do not hold my opinion as high as you hold yours it appears. I'm not an attorney so I ask them. Ever hear of the super attorneys? Yup, they looked into it. They collectively call BS on you. Carry on though. It's your right to freedom of bad information here in America. Enjoy it.

You have seen an invalid form turn good over time? I call BS on that because I know better. I asked a LOT of attorneys about this. You are wrong and it could hurt someone reading here. I myself do not hold my opinion as high as you hold yours it appears. I'm not an attorney so I ask them. Ever hear of the super attorneys? Yup, they looked into it. They collectively call BS on you. Carry on though. It's your right to freedom of bad information here in America. Enjoy it.

what?

no

heck no.

if the form is invalid it is because the applicant made a mistake.  or was fraudulent.

i have seen paperwork act as the card on many occasions.

stop being so defensive.

i have been clear since the beginning.

Edited by mibrains