Secret Ways To Avoid Marijuana Arrests

trichcycler

feel free to add to the list. It may save someone a huge legal mess.

Properly complete ALL necessary paperwork, mail it to the state, and wait for your approved card to arrive, BEFORE you plant, buy, sell, or grow marijuana.

If a clone is cut, or a seed is planted, count it as one of your 12 plants immediately.

Don't share your growing success with visitors. 

Respect your neighbors, they do not want to smell what you do.

Stop wearing marijuana gear, and, change your clothes before and after stinking them up.

Read and understand and follow every word of our Act and its changes, BEFORE you begin.

Don't store up your trim for a rainy day.

Keep your car in working legal order, and know if you are a habitual offender, these habits are hard to break, work at it diligently.

Be prepared to make very little money for your legal efforts.

Don't concern yourself with circumventing the law.

OK i will take a shot at it

I am not much of a poster 

1. Read and understand and follow every word of our Act and its changes, BEFORE you begin.? You would need a Law Dgree and if you read it to many times it only gets more confusing to most Patients 

It is a People's Law as you know  and is meant for common folk 12 plants 2.5oz locked up with a Doctor's Recommendation before a Bust/raid You can't be arrested 

Will this become like a ten commandment list?

i talk about the miracle plant to anyone and everyone who will listen.

it is so much fun to educate medical professionals and law enforcement people.

i think its important not to discuss your cannabis production with anyone. 

however that being said i think it's way more important to discuss your successful use of cannabis as a medical relief option and how it has helped change your life.... to anyone who will listen.

more people are open to the concept and the idea than most would think... even the ones who are opposed typically will bend some by time we have explained the benefits to them successfully.

i preach "organic quality cannabis use as needed" and people really begin to understand the concept and idea behind self regulation of your body and taking a proactive approach to your own medical needs....

blind faith in your leaders will get you killed (especially when it comes to the medical field)

why do you think all hospitals had to start writing in marker on peoples limbs to be extracted?  uhhm  maybe because to many complaints of them cutting off the wrong extremity got old...

who told you that you had protection from arrest for growing cannabis,  BEFORE you were approved to grow marijuana by the state? 

some of this may seem funny, if people were not going to jail for the misinformation handed out like candy. Everyone knows a plant is a plant whether it has buds or not, duh right?  everyone knows they should  register their handguns, duh right?  everyone knows you shouldn't store bags full of scraps in a grow room right? everyone knows you should be approved by the state to grow marijuana, before you actually do it right?   nope, apparently not, and that's why I started the thread.

no joking, many "folks" you speak of sped countless hours devising ways to circumvent our law, rather than comply. the verbage is simple, straight forward, and not full of prosecutorial tricks to most, at least to those that are not getting raided for compliancy. I believe it to be more important to discuss ways of success, with other growers who have been successful in avoiding the law, than to discuss the activity that ultimately gets people raided. Its the same ole few choices every time that result in the majority of raids I read about here and elsewhere that we all try to disseminate into useful info. Positive reinforcement of positive behavior makes so much more sense to me.

Its like troubled married people seeking advice from their divorced friends, on how to avoid the divorce. A much more productive outcome may arise if they sought advice from friends who had successful marriages, rather than failed ones.

1. Read and understand and follow every word of our Act and its changes, BEFORE you begin.? You would need a Law Dgree and if you read it to many times it only gets more confusing to most Patients 

It is a People's Law as you know  and is meant for common folk 12 plants 2.5oz locked up with a Doctor's Recommendation before a Bust/raid You can't be arrested 

The most important tip is to avoid circumstances beyond your control.

Like the unexpected actions of others. I know more people who have been arrested because of this than any other reason.

A good example would be the gentleman in Hazel Park who was busted because his neighbors hadn't seen him for a few days and called the police to break in and see if he was OK.

All LEO needs is to get his foot in the door and he'll find a reason to take you in.

Oh lawdy, I near wet myself laughing Bob! :roflmbo:

Maybe I am just overly tired and it's not really meant to be funny?

I guess we needed yet another one of grassmatchs' redundant reminders  :horse:

yeah, maybe you're right, we maybe could just ignore the good advice that keeps people safe.  I just thought exploring the good, instead of padding the bad, might be the way to go. we'll see, weekly, with more arrests surely, I hope not though. maybe just one new grower will decide to actually get permission to grow marijuana before planting a seed, or register their pistols, engage in some common sense?  that would be refreshing, and make the advice worth the effort.I really don't think these guys(we recently read about, here, in the news) are activists trying to make case laws. they seem unprepared, and largely ignorant of some basic requirements of law abiding citizens.

If you really want to be left alone.

1. See doctor and have card

2. 12 plants

3. 2.5 ounces

4. Locked up, outdoors must have a complete enclosure including a roof.

5. Zipped lips and NO transfers

Name one person arrested that followed those simple guidelines. I think that scenario is running at 100% non arrested rate.

good point. is it the actual plants that need to be cloaked, or the enclosure housing them ?

I'm watching a neighbor, about 5 miles away on the main road for years growing outdoors in a kennel type wrapped fenced thingy. I've seen the sheriff there a few times, but he has trees every year, about 100 feet from the road, and definitely visible. Its the only one of its kind I've seen. He's currently building another one behind it, a bit farther into his backyard, with a top fence cover. I suspect this is to comply with exactly what the sheriff suggested to him, but not sure. Even I thought it strange to see six foot trees next to the guys house, but I admit it always put a smile on my face to think the locals approved of it. Seems like an unnecessary security risk to me, but to each his own. I want to grow outdoors badly, and am actually secluded, and still nervous about it. I did do it one year, and could barely leave my home without garden anxiety. It does make me feel good that he seems to be left alone in my county in his pursuit of happiness healing.

i would only add rest...

outdoors it is important to now remember that not only locked up with a roof but according to the new rules... can't be seen either.. so add the word invisible somewhere :)

Edited by grassmatch

yeah, maybe you're right, we maybe could just ignore the good advice that keeps people safe.  I just thought exploring the good, instead of padding the bad, might be the way to go. we'll see, weekly, with more arrests surely, I hope not though. maybe just one new grower will decide to actually get permission to grow marijuana before planting a seed, or register their pistols, engage in some common sense?  that would be refreshing, and make the advice worth the effort.I really don't think these guys(we recently read about, here, in the news) are activists trying to make case laws. they seem unprepared, and largely ignorant of some basic requirements of law abiding citizens.

Maybe just one new grower will decide to actually get permission to grow marijuana before planting a seed ? Sorry but do you mean getting permission from the State or from your Doctor ?

Or register their pistols ? because here a Doctor is not involved only the State     and growing Cannabis it is the Doctors permission you need not the State 

We have been thought this many times here even the C.O.A  has agreed to this and it maybe the only thing they have agreed to

who told you that you had protection from arrest for growing cannabis,  BEFORE you were approved to grow marijuana by the state? 

some of this may seem funny, if people were not going to jail for the misinformation handed out like candy. Everyone knows a plant is a plant whether it has buds or not, duh right?  everyone knows they should  register their handguns, duh right?  everyone knows you shouldn't store bags full of scraps in a grow room right? everyone knows you should be approved by the state to grow marijuana, before you actually do it right?   nope, apparently not, and that's why I started the thread.

no joking, many "folks" you speak of sped countless hours devising ways to circumvent our law, rather than comply. the verbage is simple, straight forward, and not full of prosecutorial tricks to most, at least to those that are not getting raided for compliancy. I believe it to be more important to discuss ways of success, with other growers who have been successful in avoiding the law, than to discuss the activity that ultimately gets people raided. Its the same ole few choices every time that result in the majority of raids I read about here and elsewhere that we all try to disseminate into useful info. Positive reinforcement of positive behavior makes so much more sense to me.

Its like troubled married people seeking advice from their divorced friends, on how to avoid the divorce. A much more productive outcome may arise if they sought advice from friends who had successful marriages, rather than failed ones.

who told you that you had protection from arrest for growing cannabis,  BEFORE you were approved to grow marijuana by the state? The Doctor and the people that worked there  did

But i know today the difference i made the mistake of Leo understanding how the people wanted the Law to be 

IMHO Leo needed to find out where the line was and they needed a test case we were that 

good point. is it the actual plants that need to be cloaked, or the enclosure housing them ?

I'm watching a neighbor, about 5 miles away on the main road for years growing outdoors in a kennel type wrapped fenced thingy. I've seen the sheriff there a few times, but he has trees every year, about 100 feet from the road, and definitely visible. Its the only one of its kind I've seen. He's currently building another one behind it, a bit farther into his backyard, with a top fence cover. I suspect this is to comply with exactly what the sheriff suggested to him, but not sure. Even I thought it strange to see six foot trees next to the guys house, but I admit it always put a smile on my face to think the locals approved of it. Seems like an unnecessary security risk to me, but to each his own. I want to grow outdoors badly, and am actually secluded, and still nervous about it. I did do it one year, and could barely leave my home without garden anxiety. It does make me feel good that he seems to be left alone in my county in his pursuit of happiness healing.

We have seen people here that did and have gotten the OK from Sheriffs that are now in prison i was at one of his court days and the Judge told him he shouldn't have listen to the Sheriff 

me too, even at the local dispensaries that the sheriff inspected. The owners and residents were very confident that these centers would be left to operate as they were. the same leo helped in the raids ! They even opened a few more in other areas before raided and were beginning to step up their game nicely. Seemed like every weekend members were raising money for the homeless, hungry, and gathering clothes and toys and money for all kinds of good causes. I believe they really were trying to do the right thing. I wondered what changed when the feds came. IRS ?? not sure. They were open for business for years with a huge greenhouse they rented to growers. I never heard anything bad about their services.

It's been over 4 years since I first saw a tree in the guys kennel. bet he's watched closely by leo, so far so good though.

We have seen people here that did and have gotten the OK from Sheriffs that are now in prison i was at one of his court days and the Judge told him he shouldn't have listen to the Sheriff 

100% sounds like a safe bet to me. I'm guessing there may be some examples, but generally I agree with your post. I wonder if caregivers are giving up providing for others while laws get sorted, I know I am considering it. Unfortunately that will make it even harder for patients to gain access.

I was content to grow my 12, back when it was fun and relatively private. I've no desire to be a test case in our courts.

If you really want to be left alone.
1. See doctor and have card
2. 12 plants
3. 2.5 ounces
4. Locked up, outdoors must have a complete enclosure including a roof.
5. Zipped lips and NO transfers

Name one person arrested that followed those simple guidelines. I think that scenario is running at 100% non arrested rate.

yeah for sure. the dispensary nearby was at city hall for some time, answering the concerns of neighbors and leo. His words were inspiring and his wife is a sweetheart of a lady.  Their attorney assured them (enough) to continue, and with the added support of local leo, they seemed safe to a lot of people, and opened big. I don't know if the outside grower asked leo to stop in, or maybe leo decided to visit, but the guy is not hiding his gardening activity at all. I think his outdoor garden experience is inspiring to those of us in deep hiding with no obvious visible signs of what we do.

yeah for sure. the dispensary nearby was at city hall for some time, answering the concerns of neighbors and leo. His words were inspiring and his wife is a sweetheart of a lady.  Their attorney assured them (enough) to continue, and with the added support of local leo, they seemed safe to a lot of people, and opened big. I don't know if the outside grower asked leo to stop in, or maybe leo decided to visit, but the guy is not hiding his gardening activity at all. I think his outdoor garden experience is inspiring to those of us in deep hiding with no obvious visible signs of what we do.

OK then by him inspiring you and maybe some others is  that why we are where we our today ?

100% sounds like a safe bet to me. I'm guessing there may be some examples, but generally I agree with your post. I wonder if caregivers are giving up providing for others while laws get sorted, I know I am considering it. Unfortunately that will make it even harder for patients to gain access.

I was content to grow my 12, back when it was fun and relatively private. I've no desire to be a test case in our courts.

1. See doctor and have card i only disagree with  part  of this one having the Card back in 09 wasn't necessarily needed Doc Rec. and 21 days was as same as a card per Law 1