Secret Ways To Avoid Marijuana Arrests

trichcycler

There you go. Not all applications are equal. Some get denied and never get approved, even after 21 days. Sometimes it's months. Sometimes LARA finds something in your background that they hadn't seen for years. If it's a felony you were never protected doing things the law says a felon can't do, like being a caregiver.

if you were a felon you would know it.

if there is a mistake in the record system..and LARA deny's you...then correct it.

you are protected none the less.. just in a much more difficult manner.

it doesn't end just because they find an error on the application.

the Doctors recommendation is the granting document.. not the application. understand you are authorized by law to utilize cannabis to treat your condition the very second the doctor signed your recommendation.. that is the authorizing document that you fall back on each and every time.

LARA only ensures you and the Doctor were correct in filing the necessary paperwork to ensure law enforcement personal can rely upon accurate information that way.

LARA does not vet your application in any other way.. they only verify the information you provided.

the Doctors rec is the form to protect with your life.

Obviously mibrains, you and I have had much different life experiences with LARA. We all need to learn from what happened to others and adjust our thinking.

I'm really sick of folks mixing section 8 protections with section 4 protections in an attempt to be right, at the expense of those who could get arrested.

you are not listening at all rest.

section 4 is not the only section of the act.

i never ever mixed the two.

settle down.  your getting upset again.

its really simple.

if you have a bad taste in you mouth because of your expirences with LARA then i don't know what to tell you.

i have personally faced each of the situations i described above.  i am not shooting from the hip.

it is important to understand the laws.

just because someone gets the card.. based on your logic its some kinda gold standard.

nothing in your activities should change as a result of having or not having a card if you are truly using cannabis in the way it is meant to be used.

each person may find themselves in need of one or any sections of the act to protect themselves at any given moment... based on someone else trying to interfere.

to deny the other sections of the act because you had a bad experience is foolhardy.

Edited by mibrains

This thread is about section 4 protections. Read the title mibrains. Avoiding arrest and things related. Section 8 does not apply to avoiding arrest now does it?

this thread is about avoiding arrest.

section 9 is the same as section 4

it is valid.

and i have backed up my point and position with links to LARA

you keep referring to first couple of year delays as if they are still the standard.

this time.. my card arrived in the mail before the bank statement that had the copy of my cashed check.  LARA is actually on the ball.

This thread is about section 4 protections. Read the title mibrains. Avoiding arrest and things related. Section 8 does not apply to avoiding arrest now does it?

i don't know why your so upset rest..

people need to know how to protect themselves in every possible scenario.

why are you fighting and arguing with me?  why are you not trying to  help people understand the process?

things happen.

LARA will let you know if you made any mistakes fortunately..  hopefully before LEO contacts you...

but regardless of that.. if you are properly using cannabis to treat your medical condition than you do not need to fear arrest no matter what stage of the process you are in.

all patients need to remember why your here.. if you do get called in front of a judge at any point in the process then be sure to be able to explain your medical necessity by exact amount and be sure you know your doctor and how to get a hold of them.

Edited by mibrains
italic words.

You obviously do not know that there are patients waiting months right now mibrains. Like I said, listen and learn from others. I'm really glad your stuff is going really good. It's not like that for some folks I know. You are assuming everyone is like you.

stop attempting to turn my words against me.

i am trying to help the very people who are waiting right now understand why and how they are protected in the mean time.

it can go good

it can go bad

be prepared for both.

Edited by mibrains

Last year I received a new card replacing my expired one. I filed 2 months in advance before my expiry date. LARA did send me a new card and all was well. Then a couple months into the new card They sent me a letter stating my physician did not have the necessary credits to rec mm to me, and I have 15 days to comply. I hope that when leo calls in to check the standing of an issued card that this information would also be relayed, but I immediately sprung into action, the cert office assigned a new physician, and the papers were resent. I never heard anything from LARA until yesterday when I inquired about my registry, a patient death, She told me it was her that handled my papers, and that my patient card was valid, all the way through, because they received new correct ones within the 15 days, otherwise I would have been issued a new card when proper papers were filed.   

My physician informed me that my office fee would be double this next time around, for the 2 year card. arrgh.

I have seen this same thing grassmatch, but worse. Caregivers get 'questioned' and at the same time/day the patient gets a card that says 'No Caregiver'. Imagine that scenario after you already waited months without hearing a word from LARA. You are arse deep in plants and the patient they are for has a card that says 'No Caregiver'.

why is that a problem? 

send the card back and fix it..

back to section 8

then to section 9

then hopefully 4

mistakes happen everyday.. i am aware

geeze its almost like pulling teeth.

are you trying to say that because LARA made a mistake on their end that it is over and that person is done?

i mean comeon..

this whole thing is to help those very people... what do they do then rest?

they fix it.. and resubmit it..

they were and still are protected by sections of the act the entire time because the doctors recommendation is the authorizing credential...

geeze.

it only matters that the card was wrongly printed to the person if they are doing something wrong and get called out on it and end up in front of LEO.

if they are 100% medical compliant than there is nothing to fear.... correct the mistake and move along.

Edited by mibrains
italics

The obvious problem is that if you just happen to be checked by law enforcement, and have plants designated for a patient that has a card that says 'No Caregiver', you just may be arrested(thread title). Hence the problem with 'thinking' you are free and clear after the 21 days. Maybe, maybe not. If you actually had a card the chance for arrest are less (thread title again). Please leave section 8 out of it mibrains. This thread is about ARREST.

why is that a problem? 

send the card back and fix it..

back to section 8

then to section 9

then hopefully 4

mistakes happen everyday.. i am aware

geeze its almost like pulling teeth.

are you trying to say that because LARA made a mistake on their end that it is over and that person is done?

i mean comeon..

this whole thing is to help those very people... what do they do then rest?

they fix it.. and resubmit it..

they were and still are protected by sections of the act the entire time because the doctors recommendation is the authorizing credential...

geeze.

it only matters that the card was wrongly printed to the person if they are doing something wrong and get called out on it and end up in front of LEO.

if they are 100% medical compliant than there is nothing to fear.... correct the mistake and move along.

OK wait a minnute

The obvious problem is that if you just happen to be checked by law enforcement, and have plants designated for a patient that has a card that says 'No Caregiver', you just may be arrested(thread title). Hence the problem with 'thinking' you are free and clear after the 21 days. Maybe, maybe not. If you actually had a card the chance for arrest are less (thread title again). Please leave section 8 out of it mibrains. This thread is about ARREST.

I now think you have some good points Rest and i know now that you see things as they are and also believe that it could happen to anyone of us and does to many times  and for the people here that says Bob everyone has moved on including Leo 

The first thing all should no is don't open your door to Leo keep your plant count on the low end because if for some reason Leo or the plant police  does come over they will only write a report and send it to a prosecutor where there they can sit on it until you get pulled over only to find out theres a warrant out for you and then a lot of $$$$ to a Lawyer and  peeing in a cup 

years of court days if you do fight it most just run out of $$$ and take the plea it's cheeper is how they see it until the next time and you may loos  you caregiving , drivers lins for one year court cost fines you  know the rest Rest

who thinks they are "free and clear" while operating under any section of this act?

any section?

your insistence that i am somehow off topic is getting old rest..

give it a break eh.  your the one trying to convince people they are only secure under one part of the act..

listen to what i am saying maybe instead of trying to "prove" me wrong.

geeze. 

i am tired of trying to get you understand that not every scenario goes like the court cases do.

some people just want to feel safe while treating their stage 4 cancer glioblastoma and feel secure they can start treatment today.

some people are in such horrible pain from their chrons that they can't walk..

i have never ever talked about doing anything outside the confines of the act.

knowledge is power

please do not try to tell me i don't get it somehow...

i have been personally challenged on several of the occasions we are talking about..

many people i know and talk to have been including some of my patients also..

i know you go to court and see the hard side of this act but do not try to misconstrue things and suggest section 9 won't protect you from arrest just like section 4 would in a fully compliant patient who is absolutely following every possible rule.

the only reason i ever brought up section 8 was to explain the only resolution path for a person who is denied because they made a mistake filling out the paperwork and LARA caught it... (admittedly of course LARA makes mistakes also) has no other recourse but to realize they are only section 8 compliant at that point..

i never meant to suggest a person would take that route on purpose.. they end up there because of mistakes..

the vast majority of us are not dealing with the mistakes.

so lets just focus on the facts of the system and the way it works for everyone..including those where it goes smoothly as well as those who encounter troubles along the way.

lets not focus on the paranoia behind ones personal beliefs ok?

bob you nailed it...

don't ever consent to a search EVER

of your person or your premises.  it is never in your best interest

probable cause is a significant defense to any persecution..

wowzers.

I thought that LARA had 15 days to deny an application.

As I understood it is also BUSINESS days not calendar days

as was clarified in one of the bills passed in lame duck 2011.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Resto, none of us should have to deal

with any of this bs.  It is what it is and I don't feel that you telling

people what they 'need' to do actually is conducive to positive response.

People get a little put off by others telling them what they 'need to' or 'have to'

do' esp. according to you.  Using terms like 'many of', 'most of', etc...

is also deceiving as I do not believe you know so 'many' or 'most' of all

the persons on the registry.

You are always ripping on Bob and I find that offensive.

You say in one thread how he is trying to scare people away from growing their own,

and here you are trying to scare people into thinking no matter what paper work has been filed,

we are not protected until we actually have the hard card?  Hum, maybe another

case of the pot calling the kettle black?

*Oh, on a side note, you obviously are selective in what posts you read of mine

when you said all I do is complain about others (diff thread).  Take the time to read my

other posts or gtfo my back.  You are among the most negative nellies around, imho.

You're mad bc I take offense to the bs your ole buddy bob was spewing and called

him on it every time?  Get over it, geesh.

grassmatch... this thread title is also deceiving IMO and I feel it is in the same

vein as a number of your posts are.  Are you trying to help or just stir up chit?

If it was meant to grab attention... I suppose you did that given the views

and replies here.

There is nothing SECRET to avoiding arrest and you darn well know it. 

If you wanted to start a thread to help people avoid arrest,

why not make the subject line read something like "Ways to avoid arrest"?

There is an edit button for a reason... no one should have to explain why they edited

any one of their posts, geesh.

John; 1+ 1+ 1+

thanks IMI..

:)

i appreciate the kind words..

to me it is about keeping the information accurate and not to try deceiving people

most of the people who read these forums are intelligent respectful adults.

i considered changing the topic title early on..

LOL i think its best considering the direction of this thread that i made a good call not changing it without even realizing it :)

I thought that LARA had 15 days to deny an application.

As I understood it is also BUSINESS days not calendar days

as was clarified in one of the bills passed in lame duck 2011.

sorry i missed responding to this part imi..

they did.

it is a part of the administrative rules

section 6 c i think.. but don't quote me :) i would have to go check to be certain :)

John, I have mad respect for you as a person and as a forum leader.

You are kind, considerate and very well informed.  I don't believe you

make posts based on personal feelings (although I know you are very tempted

at times ;) ).  As a forum leader, I feel you research b4 posting and always

post in a positive up beat, easy to understand fashion.

I commend you.  Some of us are aware how difficult being a forum leader

can be and that it's a volunteer position with little to no appreciation from some.

:goodjob:

There are folks waiting months for their cards right now, just so you know. LARA is not 'right on the ball' and I'm not just telling you things from 'the past'. This is an ongoing situation. Good to let you know something you didn't know.

why are you so condescending with your approach to people?

we are nearly on the same page.. and we are most certainly on the same side.

Edited by mibrains
:) my apologies if i offended.