Lotion?

I have about 1/2 cup of tincture I would like to use to make some lotion. How do I go about doing this? Is it even possible? I would like to try it on some eczema my mom has. She has prescription stuff but it does not work and has steroids in it which cause thinning of the skin which she already has a problem with. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Most lotions available contain alcohol also.  I use coconut oil (cold pressed/ expeller pressed) for my skin.  It absorbs into the

skin and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling. Coconut oil does not stain clothing either.

I have several coffee warmers that I acquired for a buck or two @ second hand stores.  I think they may run around 8 bucks

or so retail.  Maybe a double boiler would work?

I have several friends that have found relief from Tea Tree Oil, if the cannabis does not help to alleviate her eczema it may be

an option.

Please let us know your results !

Too bad you cant get a hold of some oil, it will mix well with the above suggestions and give you way more bang for your buck! and no mom wont get buzzed on it!

Best of Luck

Please let us know what you do and if it worked!

Peace

P.s ya gotta get ya a coffee cup warmer, or a wax candle heating pad, if ya can use the coffee pot if its like a mr coffee or anything with the heating pad for the pot, it will bubble right away on tincture, and it takes a bit longer for like bho, yes please stay away from flames!

thanks for the help. I will keep everyone posted. My mom has it pretty bad. I just do not like her taking some of those lotions and she does not either since they do not work and are counter productive to her thin skin issue anyway. They also cost a lot of money.

I use a 'monkey dish' when processing down as I have found the concentrate to be very gooey

and difficult to remove from a jar.  Any small shallow bowl would suffice imho.

edit to add: providing the bowl is not plastic or something unsuitable for warming :)

Edited by imiubu

I use glass backing pans that are rectangler!  once it is heated you can pour it into what ever you will save it in and there will only be a lil left in the rounded corner of the glass baking pan, that can be scraped out right away with a razor blade!

Peace

Here is a standard salve recipe.

I would add the tincture to the oil and heat it slowly until the alcohol has evaporated. Then follow these directions:

Ingredients:

• 8 oz infused oil
  • 1 oz beeswax
  • vitamin E (as a preservative)
  • 10-20 drops essential oil (optional, I like peppermint)

Method:
Place infused oils and beeswax over a double boiler and warm over low heat until the wax melts.  Turn off the heat and add the essential oil and vitamin E.  Pour into a glass jar.
The consistency of the salve can be adjusted depending on your preferences.
Use less wax for a soft salve and more wax if you want a thicker salve.

Once it cools you can make adjustments by reheating and adding more oil or more wax until you get the consistency you want.

Adjust the quantities as needed just keep the proportions the same.

Edited by Wild Bill

Here is a standard salve recipe.

I would add the tincture to the oil and heat it slowly until the alcohol has evaporated. Then follow these directions:

Ingredients:

• 8 oz infused oil
  • 1 oz beeswax
  • vitamin E (as a preservative)
  • 10-20 drops essential oil (optional, I like peppermint)

Method:

Place infused oils and beeswax over a double boiler and warm over low heat until the wax melts.  Turn off the heat and add the essential oil and vitamin E.  Pour into a glass jar.

The consistency of the salve can be adjusted depending on your preferences.

Use less wax for a soft salve and more wax if you want a thicker salve.

Once it cools you can make adjustments by reheating and adding more oil or more wax until you get the consistency you want.

Adjust the quantities as needed just keep the proportions the same.

And...if you want to turn it into a lotion instead of a salve you can use about 1/4 teaspoon of borax dissolved into distilled water(about 4 tbl spoons). Then add that to the cooled oils and it turns creamy.

From what ive read about borax it is actually good for skin conditions.

There's a guy on FB and YouTube who has a lot to offer...

Search Gersh Avery...Peanut Butter Oil.

I will second that.

This oil has worked well for all types of pain I've seen it tried on, with only one exception, deep bone pain/bad arthritis.

Adding an root infused coconut oil to this recipe in a 50/50 ratio improved the pain relief noticeabley for these few patients.

Edited by I wood