Republicans V. Democrats

The subject is coming up more often as the elections are approaching so I thought instead of hi jacking all the other threads we could start a dedicated thread to discuss what the two halves of the ruling party are all about.

Maybe we can discuss what these parasites purport to believe in and what they actually do when elected to office.

Here's a good starting point;

https://www.democrats.org/party-platform

https://www.gop.com/platform/

Instructions:

• When Zap says "break", we want a clean break, in the event of a knock-down, you will be directed to go to a neutral corner.
  • You are professionals so we expect a good, clean fight.
  • Protect yourself at all times!
  • Touch gloves and come out at the bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsRXzNGuovQ

With the holiday and Comcast only semi-functional at present I found myself watching Dean Rusk's 1966 Congressional testimony detailing the Kennedy/Johnson rationale for expanding the war in Vietnam. Yikes!

Dean Rusk being America's Secretary of State throughout the 1961-1969 JFK/LBJ Democratic presidencies.

Fifty years ago and yet just the briefest moment of time in the cosmic scheme of things.

I lived and fought with the Montangards and not the Catholic Viets/Anamese majority who controlled the GVN. Or the godless Viets/Anamese Communists of the north's DRVN.

Once past all of Rusk's erudite explanations for the war, in my experience at the village level it was just another politically motivated civil war. Think of it as Democrats versus Republicans deciding an election with guns instead of votes. With the hapless 'yards caught smack dab in the middle, victims regardless which Viet faction eventually prevailed.

I read the Democratic platform. What bosh. I tried to read the Republican version. Mindless pablum.

Anyone who votes for either party based on such blatant obfuscation is oblivious to or cares nothing for the long term viability of our country and humanity as a whole.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Demoncraps are Red. Repuklicants are Blue. Neither one Gives a flyingf*ck about you.

Think of it like this.

There is a Coin. It is said to be "Owned" by 'Government'.
Now one side is Red, the other is Blue.  You may think you are on one or the other side, but the truth is you are not. 
You are on the edge, where there is no color.

Now flip the coin 10,000 times.  How many times did it land on the Edge, aka on YOUR Side.

That is what it means to be a "Demoncrap" or a "Repukicant" today.