Is this a trap?

No this is not any type of trap its a website for medical marijuana patients and caregivers get together and share ideas .

We have a classifieds section where you can browse and see if anyone is in your general location but be awae=re that if you choose to sign on with a caregiver there is a waiting period before they can start providing you with medicine usually take 3-4 weeks for LARA  to send you both your cards at that time you can conduct legal transactions  of medicine.

about that waiting period king...

Michigan LAW says you have a legal defense the moment you execute the paperwork. 

you are immune from arrest after you get the card.

what that means is for a NORMAL TRANSACTION of a reasonable amount of medication a caregiver IS legally able to help a patient right when you sign the documents.  The difference is that if you may have to go see a judge and show him your paperwork and cashed check and all the required documents because a police officer cant be expected to verify those documents in the field.

so a police officer could arrest you on the spot and ask you to explain your transaction to a judge so the judge can verify your paperwork....

after LARA verifies your paperwork and you have a hard card then a police officer cannot arrest you for your medical use of cannabis.

Both times your still legally protected to transfer medication to your patient...

i have always taken care of my patients right away and never even been questioned about it... the thing is the only one who knows about our business is me and my patient so who would be in the middle of that?  if your a patient and i just signed you then you should get the relief NOW not after a couple weeks because i am worried about our paperwork... LARA CANNOT DENY US except for clerical errors which we are allowed to correct as many times as necessary... and i know that because i am already a caregiver in LARAS system and my newest patient has fresh paperwork from the doctor or a hard card already (which i trust less than doctors paperwork) 

The reason i say a hard card is less valuable to me when transferring in a new patient is because i have already had issues with patients lying to me about where they got there doctors certification from and it turns out they used a doctor who certified them via telemedicine and that is directly not allowed now and my patient knew it and lied to me... so once i found out i dropped them and had a huge ordeal over it all... but had i seen the paperwork i would have known that they used MMMCC for their doctor and those folks are DOING IT WRONG ! !  so dont trust any certifications from them... sorry patients if you did not meet the doctor who signed your paperwork - face to face - in their office - then your certification IS MOST CERTAINLY at risk to be overturned in court.

as a caregiver this is my biggest problem these days.... how do i ensure my patient jumped through all the proper hoops and didn't use a fly by night certification center who does not care about patients rights?

the thing is the only one who knows about our business is me and my patient so who would be in the middle of that?  

I once had a fed try really hard to get me to sell to them before the paperwork was submitted. A fed pretending to be a patient. It happens. We would be setting a 'trap' to not report these incidents.....

Now a patient buying, there is no trap. Plenty of traps out there for sellers. 

so a police officer could arrest you on the spot and ask you to explain your transaction to a judge so the judge can verify your paperwork....

What if the patient didn't/doesn't qualify? The judge treats you like anyone else dealing marijuana without anything to stand on. That's why we wait for LARA to check out and see if the paperwork qualifies.

Then this causes distrust. I am not affiliated with law enforcement in any way .But I have been accused of (looking) like  a cop? I tried  to find a caregiver but everyone I make initial contact with acts all shady so I waste my cash at a DISPENSARY. I could move back to the state I resided in five years ago and get very high quality illegal cannabis for about half of what I invest here. But I moved here to ditch the stress lol. And  to get out of that game.  But this seems like it's worse. I knew the people I used to get cannabis from .Here complete strangers. I am sick of the drug mentality. I do not even drink alcohol any longer. Just cannabis. Ok I'm ranting. Sry 

You can't educate through a wall of hate. Nasty folks need someone to hate on. Lower the bar for all the crap they are pulling in life. What Michigan has going for it that you can actually grow your own. All the rest is just stage dressing and BS. Do some work for yourself and enjoy the best cannabis you have ever had and fill yourself with pride!

11 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

You can't educate through a wall of hate. Nasty folks need someone to hate on. Lower the bar for all the crap they are pulling in life. What Michigan has going for it that you can actually grow your own. All the rest is just stage dressing and BS. Do some work for yourself and enjoy the best cannabis you have ever had and fill yourself with pride!

I have but I can not keep a good dried amount and stay within limits and use . so I need to find a caregiver that knows how to grow good meds and doesn't want to mint off my tolerance due to multiple medical conditions. But yet I hear horror stories. And this creates fear of said opponents. I have kids and don't want issues. If I use heavy narcotics alone no cps but throw in some herbal remedies and your Satan himself. Just by communication here I put myself out . I no longer have a viable grow location.

IMG_20170119_033341.jpg

10 hours ago, t-pain said:

you can use this website to request a caregiver.

post a city or area where you are looking to meet a caregiver. there are a number of caregivers on this site looking for patients. then meet with them somewhere public to discuss, or talk online via private message or email.

so few questions.  PR skill is not grow skill. I do not want to sign up for a caregiver who talks good but grows inconsistent or low grade.  So is it out of line to request to see a sample of their meds? Or even to try them? As it would be illegal? To transfer unless paperwork is in order between said parties? Why can't people have a heart for their fellow man.oh and were would I post that?

Edited by Gtrick

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

What if the patient didn't/doesn't qualify? The judge treats you like anyone else dealing marijuana without anything to stand on. That's why we wait for LARA to check out and see if the paperwork qualifies.

how could the patient not qualify once they have the doctors signature?

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

the thing is the only one who knows about our business is me and my patient so who would be in the middle of that?  

I once had a fed try really hard to get me to sell to them before the paperwork was submitted. A fed pretending to be a patient. It happens. We would be setting a 'trap' to not report these incidents.....

Now a patient buying, there is no trap. Plenty of traps out there for sellers. 

yep

the MI supreme court ruled that as a patient we are protected to procure from any source...

always the traps tho from LEO still for the sellers...

i should quantify my statement above my saying i have seen and know the doctor who certified the patient i dealt with and trust that there professional assessment about the persons medical need for the use of cannabis would hold up if ever challenged.

so it does matter that you as a caregiver know the person or at a minimum the doctor or office that signed the new patients paperwork.

53 minutes ago, mibrains said:

how could the patient not qualify once they have the doctors signature?

A doctor's signature might be valid one day and not the next. Some of these sanctioned doctors make it back into practice and some don't. It would be a 'do over' and that wouldn't help you with the paperwork you were counting on to make a transaction legal. Once you have the card and a doctor gets sanctioned you would have better ground to stand on, all be it a little shaky with your doctor sanctioned.

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

A doctor's signature might be valid one day and not the next. Some of these sanctioned doctors make it back into practice and some don't. It would be a 'do over' and that wouldn't help you with the paperwork you were counting on to make a transaction legal. Once you have the card and a doctor gets sanctioned you would have better ground to stand on, all be it a little shaky with your doctor sanctioned.

yep

that's why as a caregiver its important for me to see the paperwork and know the certification clinic... some are fly by night and wont be here tomorrow such as ones at large gatherings and some are operating outside of the known and posted law and rules such as MMMCC who are still doing telemedicine.

if it was one of the certification clinics i trust, use or recommend then i would help a new patient i am signing upon execution of the paperwork.

that's just how i do it.. it is perhaps not the best way and carries more risk for me.....  but only for me not for any of the patients i am helping and i so i get to choose if i help them right away upon execution of the paperwork or if i am going to make them wait for their much needed medication until they have a hard card.

i hear what you are saying rest and i appreciate your feedback.

it would be safer for the caregiver to wait.  Not the patient.

12 hours ago, mibrains said:

about that waiting period king...

Michigan LAW says you have a legal defense the moment you execute the paperwork. 

you are immune from arrest after you get the card.

what that means is for a NORMAL TRANSACTION of a reasonable amount of medication a caregiver IS legally able to help a patient right when you sign the documents.  The difference is that if you may have to go see a judge and show him your paperwork and cashed check and all the required documents because a police officer cant be expected to verify those documents in the field.

after LARA verifies your paperwork and you have a hard card then a police officer cannot arrest you for your medical use of cannabis.

Both times your still legally protected to transfer medication to your patient...

i have always taken care of my patients right away and never even been questioned about it... the thing is the only one who knows about our business is me and my patient so who would be in the middle of that?  if your a patient and i just signed you then you should get the relief NOW not after a couple weeks because i am worried about our paperwork... LARA CANNOT DENY US except for clerical errors which we are allowed to correct as many times as necessary... and i know that because i am already a caregiver in LARAS system and my newest patient has fresh paperwork from the doctor or a hard card already (which i trust less than doctors paperwork) 

The reason i say a hard card is less valuable to me when transferring in a new patient is because i have already had issues with patients lying to me about where they got there doctors certification from and it turns out they used a doctor who certified them via telemedicine and that is directly not allowed now and my patient knew it and lied to me... so once i found out i dropped them and had a huge ordeal over it all... but had i seen the paperwork i would have known that they used MMMCC for their doctor and those folks are DOING IT WRONG ! !  so dont trust any certifications from them... sorry patients if you did not meet the doctor who signed your paperwork - face to face - in their office - then your certification IS MOST CERTAINLY at risk to be overturned in court.

as a caregiver this is my biggest problem these days.... how do i ensure my patient jumped through all the proper hoops and didn't use a fly by night certification center who does not care about patients rights?

Thing is before the card arrives there is also no way to verify if the person you met  here or on another site isn't an undercover cop I understand that once the paperwork is signed that creates a defense but depending on location IE  north of 8 mile that defense is likely going to be denied by the Anti-cannabis Oakland county courts, on the other hand, your home will get raided and I'm just more comfortable waiting for the cards if the patient isn't I wish them well and find someone who is .

That's excellent thank you zap for that helpful list..

any clue zap if mmmcc is still doing telemedicine?

I have personally used them in the past for my first two certifications and the person who I met in the office was not the doctor that signed my cert...

I would hope they have improved there ways however I lost a patient and a friend recently because they chose to use MMMCC and they did a Skype type telemedicine appointment just last year...