THC/CBD Shots

Came up with a thc shot. Think 5 hr  Energy shot but instead of caffeine I put THC in it and it tastes way better. Essentially 250mg THC in 30ml of flavored water. Sugar free, all organic. 

Takes about 10 min to feel it. The pic is it in its raw form before the organic flavor and organic coloring.

Honestly felt like a dab at first then turned into a strong feeling edible. I'm aware this is way to strong I was going to back the strength down to 50mg or so.  What do you think, is a thc canna shot a good idea?  Maybe  suggest a few flavors too :)

IMG_0253.JPG

Edited by geoffism

No need to shake, It's shelf stable for up to a year I used a couple organic food grade ingredients to alter it a bit then used a mixer to get it uniform.  It tastes like water but has the mouthfeel of propel but without the flavor. If it was stronger this could be like the syrup to a thc soft drink which you would add to carbonated water and can not shake.

I figured this would be good for some of my patients that have alcoholism, COPD And don't want calories that come with other edibles or choking down caps.  It  also fixes the scavenger problem whether it be for meds, or the uninitiated that don't know what's in it. FOr example they just want a brownie or muffin even though they don't know it's got thc in it. Single shot, single serving, for one person, down and done faster then a dab!

Edited by geoffism

What is the advantage to adding water to something you could keep smaller and stealthier in a simple tiny, easily swallowed, precision dosage every time, gel capsule? 

I think this would be a great idea but only for someone who has throat cancer or something like that. Otherwise I think it's a goat rope compared to oil in a super tiny gel capsule. 

I agree.

Thc beverages are becoming quite popular lately, however there are plenty other edibles.

Here's my view- I don't smoke anything, smoking is TERRIBLE for you. I used to smoke cigs and quit using ecigs.  I now vape everything I can, and quite frankly, given the choice of not using mmj or ONLY smoking it, I'd give it up.

Quite literally, smoking is like taking an abrasive to an area already irritated (like a healing cut on your hand, your lungs are constantly irritated and inflamed) 20 times a day (in the case of 1ppd) for 5 minutes at a time.  Smoking flower is obviously not as detrimental as smoking cigs choked full of government-approved bunny muffin that will kill ya.

Anyway- I use a pax to vape my flower.  This takes considerably more time than smoking it (still way more than worth it). (My point, peaking out of all the rambling nonsense and tangents is this:)  TIME-  I don't always have time to vape 10 minutes per oven load. Depending on quality, I could be there 20 minutes to half an hour.

I LOVE flower and everything about it, however we're trying to achieve a result.  Therefore, beverages are not appealing to me.  I want to ingest and be done.  Couple-bites, swallow a cap, etc., but I don't want to have to sip on a beverage to do what could otherwise be done in short order.

As for a shot?  Way too much hassle compared to gummies, caps, one of the million other edibles.

Seems to me this is a novelty-type product.  Not needed, superfluous, yet it might appeal to someone.  I'm not saying you're not a genius or anything, but cali, colo, wash and oreg are packed full of cannageniuses.  Look west, young man- it has probably been done.

Ever had bulletproof coffee?  It's coffee blended with coconut oil and butter.  Use cannabutter and cannonut oil for a more pleasant coffee😉 (why do I mention that here? Because I have adhd and something just reminded me of it😂😂 gotta write this bunny muffin down SOMEWHERE, lest I forget🤣)

Seriously, was just thinking I could dissolve some crown caps in lieu of the coconut oil...

I'd rather swallow a couple caps (takes more medibles for us bigger fellas- more fat to be dispersed though) where I don't taste the rest of the bunny muffin trying to mask the taste of flower.  Then, I just get to taste the cannaburps.

LOOK AT THAT SQUIRREL! WTF IS IT DOING?  Gotta go

Edited by Phil69

The brownies and gummies are just a trap for bad things happening. Eventually someone eats them that shouldn't. It's dumb. To each their own though. You have a right to do it even though it's dumb in my opinion. Just a bunch of people's money making scheme to make some money off their idea. There should be nothing to make people want to use it more like great tasting goodies. That's just stupid. Doesn't make any sense unless you are trying to trick someone into taking medicine. Like putting your pet's pill in a piece of meat. But why do it to a human????????

I agree, resto

All I can envision with these cannadrinks is my child seeing it in the fridge (can't imagine people would want them warm) and wanting to try the new fruit drink.

Same with brownies or cookies.  GREAT caution needs to be employed regardless, but especially items that will appeal to children.  This is something we've been battling in the ecig industry for a while- product packaging that appeal to children, like fruity pebbles flavored vape, for example.  Kids see the yummy-looking bottle and want some.  They see a brownie,  and they'll want one.

9 minutes ago, zapatosunidos said:

I always thought lozenges were a great delivery mechanism (both sublingual and ingestion), I wonder why they are not more popular than infused foods and beverages? I would think they would be more popular than capsules, even.

What application would make it better to suck on a lozenge for a while than to take a gel cap and get the ingestion totally started in one second? Some sort of mouth pain where you needed it topically in the mouth? 

1 minute ago, Phil69 said:

I agree, resto

All I can envision with these cannadrinks is my child seeing it in the fridge (can't imagine people would want them warm) and wanting to try the new fruit drink.

Same with brownies or cookies.  GREAT caution needs to be employed regardless, but especially items that will appeal to children.  This is something we've been battling in the ecig industry for a while- product packaging that appeal to children, like fruity pebbles flavored vape, for example.  Kids see the yummy-looking bottle and want some.  They see a brownie,  and they'll want one.

In my past I have only tried to make a brownie like thingy because the cannabis was worthless for anything else. Then I found that the worthless cannabis was worthless for brownies too. Why take perfectly good cannabis and make a brownie out of it? It's only going to be less because of the transformation into something to eat. 

Good point

My question is if there is enough there to get any benefit with sublingual absorption.

I sucked on a candy for half an hour, trying not to produce too much saliva (it is the start of food breakdown) and swallowing as little as possible.

Felt very little benefit, and I did have to swallow mouth loads of saliva a couple times. So not sure of sublingual vs gastro

5 minutes ago, zapatosunidos said:

My understanding is that sublingual absorption is much faster than gastrointestinal absorption, and doesn't have to be metabolized before passing into the bloodstream. Gastrointestinal absorption and subsequent metabolic action produce 11-hydroxy-THC in the bloodstream, while direct sublingual absorption results in delta-8-THC or delta-9-THC in the bloodstream, more like smoking or vaping. I have heard anecdotal reports that lozenges work better than any other nonsmoking method for headaches. Also, chemotherapy can make it very difficult to swallow even a small capsule.

Over the years the patients around me have evolved from eating it on a cracker, or other food, to a gel cap and didn't notice any difference in how we felt other than the bad taste being gone with the gel cap. 

After being around a lot of chemo patients..... have you seen the chemo pills they have to take? A tiny gel cap is very easy to swallow compared to chemo pills.

The thing about candy is no doctor, nutrionist or any health pro that hasn't been bought will tell  you eating candy is good. Bad  for your teeth, causes weight gain, lots of problems. I did find a sugar sub that doesn't hurt your teeth so the  soft drinks are covered but it  wouldn't work for candy. Lozenges are cool but scavengers may want one.

The kid problem, I would stor the pot stuff where you store your ethanol based products since those are already stored in a spot unavailable to children most likely under key.

If your house is ethanol free and there is no established spot for such products, then we could take a lesson from gun nuts. They know where and how to store items that could put their kid risk yet is still convient to access - they have to its the law. There are very inexpensive safes available that would make excellent stash boxes. Wall mount, semi portable, hideaway, lots of different kinds in many configurations. 

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

To be honest, I didn't believe in Premium CBD Flower at all, and I kept hearing my friends talk about its magical properties. Some of my friends used them to overcome anxiety, others to lose weight, and the rest used CBD as a painkiller. I thought it was something like a placebo effect, and their strong beliefs make it work. Until I started to suffer from insomnia. I couldn't sleep for several nights, and during the day I felt like a walking dead man. I tried several different sleeping pills, yoga, meditation, exercise, herbal teas. Nothing worked. Then I borrowed Premium CBD Flower from one of my friends, and it worked. I slept like a baby. It definitely helps to relax, and I decided to order myself these OrganicCBDNugs.

Edited by Bialonar