The Big Money is coming Right?

rambozo420

The patient caregiver coalition cool beans on the effort to get support. Truly I'm glad You see the writing on the wall. My question is this where was the concern when felons where excluded from being Caregivers talk about a group of people that have a hard time landing employment. It was a voter initiative by what 63 64 %. Yet the legislature with a 3/4 vote took thier right to help friends and family away at least legally speaking. So why not take action legally with class action lawsuit based on potential lost wages that those people already where forced to lose. My thought is You win that how can they even come close to litigating further. Been a member from beginning and endured hardships when I really didnt have too just to maintain not shining a bad light to the cause. As far as I'm concerned it should be able to be sold same as road side vegetable stand. Taxes to uncle Sam included. But the reality is money to play the rest are Outlaws. It's still We the people Right? Unfortunately I no longer believe it.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, rambozo420 said:

if we get felon rights back how could they take yours seems more relevant than it did right

They don't want anyone to grow. They want you to be forced to make all of your purchases from dispensaries so the State can get a cut from all the sales. If we aren't careful growers will be back in the same boat we were in before legalization.

25 minutes ago, rambozo420 said:

Surprised after skimming the bills felons can be a caregiver if the felony is 10 years old. Not sure if paying 500.00 to state and costs of having product tested is viable with 1 patient not to mention noting every transaction with the state.

Caregiving hasn't ever been lucrative if you followed the rules. You can only collect from 5 chronically ill  people at most. How much can you afford to shell out in a year for your personal meds? Do the math. This whole circus revolves around that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 9:47 AM, rambozo420 said:

Surprised after skimming the bills felons can be a caregiver if the felony is 10 years old. Not sure if paying 500.00 to state and costs of having product tested is viable with 1 patient not to mention noting every transaction with the state.

Caregivers can continue as is, but with only 1 patient plus themselves. They are inventing another catagory which allows you to provide for 5 patients. You must be tracked and tested and may be subject to inspection.  Only allowed in certain zoning areas also. At least this was my take away, i read most of it,but skimmed some

4 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Caregivers can continue as is, but with only 1 patient plus themselves. They are inventing another catagory which allows you to provide for 5 patients. You must be tracked and tested and may be subject to inspection.  Only allowed in certain zoning areas also. At least this was my take away, i read most of it,but skimmed some

Seems to me they are mostly trying to stop the bigger caregiver grows from selling to the dispensaries. That would be where the state grows like Highlife are getting their toes stepped on. Highlife is the one bribing the legislators to help them with their 'market share' that they already paid heavily for.  

5 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Seems to me they are mostly trying to stop the bigger caregiver grows from selling to the dispensaries. That would be where the state grows like Highlife are getting their toes stepped on. Highlife is the one bribing the legislators to help them with their 'market share' that they already paid heavily for.  

Actually, the proposed bills lets the person with the license sell to licenced growers. What they are doing is letting the big caregivers exist, but having to pay to play. They will also be tracked seed to sale in Metric, and be required to test meds. The State gets revenue from tax and licence fees, dispensaries get suppliers that can supply through both caregiver meds(or whatever they are called under new license) and their own grows. So, now chances of supply shortage are less. It also forces more business and revenue fror secure transporters.

I think it is horrible and will ruin the personal connection. I also think its a very smart, and kinda sneeky plan they have. It makes it seem like everybody wins. However, they gain control over everything. They will cut caregivers completely when they feel they don't need us.

8 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Actually, the proposed bills lets the person with the license sell to licenced growers. What they are doing is letting the big caregivers exist, but having to pay to play. They will also be tracked seed to sale in Metric, and be required to test meds. The State gets revenue from tax and licence fees, dispensaries get suppliers that can supply through both caregiver meds(or whatever they are called under new license) and their own grows. So, now chances of supply shortage are less. It also forces more business and revenue fror secure transporters.

I think it is horrible and will ruin the personal connection. I also think its a very smart, and kinda sneeky plan they have. It makes it seem like everybody wins. However, they gain control over everything. They will cut caregivers completely when they feel they don't need us.

I know you said you 'skimmed' the bills. You missed the point.

Caregivers and these new medical specialty growers can only have 2.5 ounces per patient they register through. 

They will be inspected and tracked to make sure of that.

Right now some caregivers are growing pounds per patient and not being inspected.

That's what is happening. 

The big state growers want caregivers limited to 2.5 ounces per patient and inspected, tracked, and tested to prove it. 

The new law takes away their grow rights if they get caught over.

You see how easy it is to get caught up in the 'smoke and mirrors'? Here's what you missed;

(1) For each registered qualifying patient to whom the  licensed specialty medical grower is connected through the  marijuana regulatory agency's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents. 

So these 'specialty medical growers' are supposed to have these maximum 2.5 ounces per patient, maximum 5,  tested, tracked, and even pay a transporter to take it who they sold it to. Through the whole seed to sale process monitored/inspected. They even put a clause in there that they can be further limited at a whim. How ridiculous is that? It smells like a BS wise cracker lie to me because it describes and allows a work around for the caregivers that can't even work. 

You always have to start from the big picture to see how this stuff applies and the intent behind it. Follow the money. When you see High Life Farms paying for a study and bills then you know what they have cooking. They are limiting caregivers to 12 plants and 2.5 ounces. All the rest of the wording is fluff to confuse people. They aren't confusing me. I connected the dots, colored in the sections and see the whole picture. 

Edited by Restorium2

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

I know you said you 'skimmed' the bills. You missed the point.

Caregivers and these new medical specialty growers can only have 2.5 ounces per patient they register through. 

They will be inspected and tracked to make sure of that.

Right now some caregivers are growing pounds per patient and not being inspected.

That's what is happening. 

The big state growers want caregivers limited to 2.5 ounces per patient and inspected, tracked, and tested to prove it. 

The new law takes away their grow rights if they get caught over.

Actually i said i read the majority, but skimmed some. Yes, they will limit the amount you are allowed to keep on hand, but also allows overages to be sold to commercial growers.

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

Actually i said i read the majority, but skimmed some. Yes, they will limit the amount you are allowed to keep on hand, but also allows overages to be sold to commercial growers.

You missed another very important part. Overages are defined as how much out of the 2.5 ounces the patient didn't buy. When you say 'overages' it is deceiving when you don't specifically define it. Sounds like unlimited. 

Like I said, how the heck can you sell these overages when they are so limited, taxed, tested, transported? The answer is you can't. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

You see how easy it is to get caught up in the 'smoke and mirrors'? Here's what you missed;

(1) For each registered qualifying patient to whom the  licensed specialty medical grower is connected through the  marijuana regulatory agency's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents. 

This has always been the limits as a caregiver. We  have not been legally allowed to sell to commercial growers . This allows overerages to be sold to licenced growers vs. being destroyed. Although nobody ever really followed the rules.

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

You missed another very important part. Overages are defined as how much out of the 2.5 ounces the patient didn't buy. When you say 'overages' it is deceiving when you don't specifically define it. Sounds like unlimited. 

Like I said, how the heck can you sell these overages when they are so limited, taxed, tested, transported? The answer is you can't. 

Ah, i guess if that is true, this is true moo poo! I guess if that; s how overage is defined then yeah,there is no good way to do things here

On top of that they can arbitrarily limit them to any amount they see fit at any given time;

(5) A grower license authorizes the transfer of marihuana from a licensed specialty medical grower to a grower only by means of a  secure transporter. The marijuana regulatory agency may establish a  limit on the amount of marihuana that a licensed specialty medical  grower may transfer to a grower.

25 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

This has always been the limits as a caregiver. We  have not been legally allowed to sell to commercial growers . This allows overerages to be sold to licenced growers vs. being destroyed. Although nobody ever really followed the rules.

We were allowed to sell to commercial growers and dispensaries so they could get their businesses up and running. Then they changed it later. But some caregiver entities are still growing 72 plant max grows and selling it to the dispensaries. That puts tons of unregulated weed on the market that has a very low overhead compared to the hoops the state growers have to jump through. 

2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

On top of that they can arbitrarily limit them to any amount they see fit at any given time;

(5) A grower license authorizes the transfer of marihuana from a licensed specialty medical grower to a grower only by means of a  secure transporter. The marijuana regulatory agency may establish a  limit on the amount of marihuana that a licensed specialty medical  grower may transfer to a grower.

I did see this part of the bill. This was what my comment about them cutting us out anytime was referring to. I did and still do think that overages are anthing beyond what you are allowed that your plants produce. I do not see a definition of overage as only the remaining unsold portion of a patients 2.5oz. I think they will take all overage till they no longer need it, then cut off the ability to sell overage to growers.

This bill has little effect on me, I don't want it to pass, but it won't hurt me or my patients if does. Currently i have 2 patients, but one may drop soon anyway. I only grow 18 total although im allowed 36

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

We were allowed to sell to commercial growers and dispensaries so they could get their businesses up and running. Then they changed it later. But some caregiver entities are still growing 72 plant max grows and selling it to the dispensaries. That puts tons of unregulated weed on the market that has a very low overhead compared to the hoops the state growers have to jump through. 

That was an"emergency" ordinance never law. But, yes, for a time we were

10 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

I did see this part of the bill. This was what my comment about them cutting us out anytime was referring to. I did and still do think that overages are anthing beyond what you are allowed that your plants produce. I do not see a definition of overage as only the remaining unsold portion of a patients 2.5oz. I think they will take all overage till they no longer need it, then cut off the ability to sell overage to growers.

This bill has little effect on me, I don't want it to pass, but it won't hurt me or my patients if does. Currently i have 2 patients, but one may drop soon anyway. I only grow 18 total although im allowed 36

The disqualifier if you are over;

This  subsection applies only if the registered primary caregiver  possesses marihuana in forms and amounts that do not exceed any of the following:  (1) For each registered qualifying patient to whom he or she  the registered primary caregiver is connected through the department's marijuana regulatory agency's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents.

Edited by Restorium2

13 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

WHAT??? That's ridiculous. 

Thats what it was. It was adopted with an experation date which was extended a few times.it has now been eliminated.  By law, no caregiver is currently allowed to sell to a dispensary. Yes, people do somehow work around it, but it is not currently allowed.