dont go to cali!!

42zero

I recently took a trip to California and found out that they do not recognize out of state medical cards.... Which then made it difficult for me to obtain my medicine!!! Would of thought the model state for medical use would be compassionate to all, not just its Californians.... Do they think my pain stays at home when I travel? Because of this I don't think I will Travel back to the state.

I would think it's more likely to  be just one state bureaucracy not trusting other states, not a conspiracy to keep you in pain.  You must not be a fan of traveling with a concealed weapon and permit -- that's a tangled mess of state by state permits!

so what?

Its a hassle but in cali you PAY for convenience, but you can get a rec in about 30 min with your card.

Then have at it. I hope that soon all medical states will honor the same reciprocity that Michigan has enacted, currently I think only Montana and Rhode Island do. Jersey had it when proposed but when written into law it was removed.

When Cali wrote their law there were no other medical marijuana states, thus they have no reciprocity written into the law. Michigan does have reciprocity and we are one of the first to do so.

The draftsmanship on our law rocks!

California is not a model state, it was just the first. People tend to forget the ones between Cali and Michigan. I have heard from people who have presented their cards while in other states, but there are just a few who really accept patients from other states. Those states are Montana, Rhode Island, and Michigan.

Hawaii may - http://www.mccfdia.com/reciprocity.html

California is not a model state, it was just the first. People tend to forget the ones between Cali and Michigan. I have heard from people who have presented their cards while in other states, but there are just a few who really accept patients from other states. Those states are Montana, Rhode Island, and Michigan.

Hawaii may - http://www.mccfdia.com/reciprocity.html

Interesting. I wonder what Vegas will do?

Does anyone know the laws regarding caregiver transfers between California and Michigan?

You are talking about something call interstate commerce. This was the cause of action behind Gonzales v. Raich http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich . Not something I would do. Without a doubt, not something I would discuss online in front of billions. This is federal.

I lived in Cali for 24 years; when we got medical marijuana approved, I heard that, despite the peoples' wishes, no cards had been issued for a long time. Every state has its problems, so I know when I left, I just traded one set of bull for another. Compassion seems to be a lost virtue.

Silverblue

i just returned from cali and found that contray to popular thought there are not dispenceries on every corner. venice beach had three or four but none would honor my mi card. what they did offer was to have their doctor see me for 60-100 bucks and use my hotel address as my cali home. they also wouldn't accept my mi doctors recommendation. it had to be a cali doc. nowhere else did i see a dispencerie in cali from san bearndendino to long beach to malibu. talk about a dissapointment.

i just returned from cali and found that contray to popular thought there are not dispenceries on every corner. venice beach had three or four but none would honor my mi card. what they did offer was to have their doctor see me for 60-100 bucks and use my hotel address as my cali home. they also wouldn't accept my mi doctors recommendation. it had to be a cali doc. nowhere else did i see a dispencerie in cali from san bearndendino to long beach to malibu. talk about a dissapointment.

Bummer! It is good to hear straight from someone who has been there. Sounds like it might just be an extra 100 clams but it can happen.

The key here is to plan ahead. I will be trying to visit some dispensaries up in the San Fran Area this week. So far, we have called 20-30 different places with about A 60/40 ratio of NO's to Yes's. All the places we called ahead about trying to get 215 certified said we needed a CA ID to see the dr, although a few of the dispensaries mentioned that if we brought our MI patient paperwork, that they could get us into a DR office.

I lived in cali for 2 years, If you cannot find medical grade buds your not asking anyone for them, everybody out there was very helpful when I first moved there. I was able to get my hands on anything I wanted at much less costs then the dispensaries. If anyone here is ever traveling to the bay area feel free to message or email me and I will set you up with a very close friend of mine, he will make sure you have a medical card however he doesn't care which state it comes from, he is a very compassionate individual with a great selection of meds, if he doesn't have something for your symptoms he can and will get it. Just because their state doesn't honor cards doesn't mean the individuals won't.

Also Cali's med laws are controlled by counties, each county has different rules and regulations, the state does not intervene with these so much as over see them. Some counties are much more strict then others. If you feel you must goto a dispensary for your meds I recommed Oakland as its one of the most laid back areas in the med scene, San Fran is pretty chill as well. But again if you need something I will do everything in my power to assure you get some, The cops will not mess you out there unless your being overly blatent. I got walked up on by 2 cops while smoking a joint on top of a empty parking garage they asked to see my card, I explained to them I didn't have a current valid card because I had move out of state and was just visiting but showed them my expired cali card and they were fine with it, just told me to be a little more discreet.

I lived in cali for 2 years, If you cannot find medical grade buds your not asking anyone for them, everybody out there was very helpful when I first moved there. I was able to get my hands on anything I wanted at much less costs then the dispensaries. If anyone here is ever traveling to the bay area feel free to message or email me and I will set you up with a very close friend of mine, he will make sure you have a medical card however he doesn't care which state it comes from, he is a very compassionate individual with a great selection of meds, if he doesn't have something for your symptoms he can and will get it. Just because their state doesn't honor cards doesn't mean the individuals won't.

I agree with Jipo I have lived in a couple parts of cali years ago and I never bothered with attempting to get card. Could find better meds through freinds at way better prices. Just got back from a little visit and had no desire to check a dispensery had some White fire and it was probly the best kush I have smoked hands down, if you see it get it :D

Cali is a blast and it is a awesome place to vacation just dont think I could live there anymore its too liberal :D

When Cali wrote their law there were no other medical marijuana states, thus they have no reciprocity written into the law. Michigan does have reciprocity and we are one of the first to do so.

That makesus MICHIGAN the model..LOL GO BLUE

• 5 weeks later...

I am from san diego CA, and I am Here in Michigan now visiting. I brought medical marijuana on the plane in my carry on it went thru scanners and all I had NO problems. I do know for sure that CA WILL NOT HONOR MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDS. But We are making it completely legal in NOVEMBER! I can bring up to a half lb from CA at a time legally, no problems yet. DO not inquire! THE STREETS ARE WATCHING, IT HAS BEEN DONE

Archived