Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

yeah hot shots in both rooms are fine. each no-pest strip is for a room up to 10x10x8 if i remember right.

by the way you worded things, i assume this clone has been in your room for more that a few days already?

probably not much sense in removing it now, but.........................

something i do not think i have ever touch on before.

depending on the stage of life your clone is in, you can actually "beat off" any bugs........assuming it is rooted and has a bit of new growth on top.

i take the clone to my sink, turn it up-side-down and spray it with tapwater with my kitchen sprayer. fairly forcefully. beat the crap out of her, but obviously do not spray so close that you start ripping off leaves :)

you can pin the leaves to the bottom of the sink and spray away on the undersides. then i turn it right-side-up and continue the spraying.

when finished, she will look pretty beat up and saggy for a few hours, but it's a ritual i go through anytime a new plant comes to my hands from another grow room. after it comes back to life, i hit it with 70% neem oil, wait 10 minutes, and then spray with r.o. water to wash off any extra residue and to help open plant pores.

yeah hot shots in both rooms are fine. each no-pest strip is for a room up to 10x10x8 if i remember right.

by the way you worded things, i assume this clone has been in your room for more that a few days already?

probably not much sense in removing it now, but.........................

something i do not think i have ever touch on before.

depending on the stage of life your clone is in, you can actually "beat off" any bugs........assuming it is rooted and has a bit of new growth on top.

i take the clone to my sink, turn it up-side-down and spray it with tapwater with my kitchen sprayer. fairly forcefully. beat the crap out of her, but obviously do not spray so close that you start ripping off leaves :)

you can pin the leaves to the bottom of the sink and spray away on the undersides. then i turn it right-side-up and continue the spraying.

when finished, she will look pretty beat up and saggy for a few hours, but it's a ritual i go through anytime a new plant comes to my hands from another grow room. after it comes back to life, i hit it with 70% neem oil, wait 10 minutes, and then spray with r.o. water to wash off any extra residue and to help open plant pores.

Just wanted to thank you for your response. I also was wondering why you think I shouldn't bother removing it? Before I received this infested clone the plants in my veg room were sprayed with Einstein oil and I had used azmax. Do you think that it still could have infested the rest of my plants? I will take you up on your advice and spray down any future clones I may get from someone else. Thanks again for your response.

oh im not telling you NOT to do anything :)

it's just that if the clone has been in your room for more than a few days, they have had plenty of chance to move around, get comfortable, and make themselves at home. just because you physically see them on the one clone doesnt mean they are not everywhere by now.

what i mean is that if the damage was done, its done. removing the clone at this point isnt going to really aid in anything. neem the hell out of it, spray it, whatever, and in 2 minutes it will be the only plant in your room guaranteed to NOT have mites :) so no real reason to remove it permanently.

yeah im still 100% on board with the 6" meijer stones. for $2 there is nothing better out there.

you can pick up high quality brass tees there too :)

Meijer stones? Are they sand or ceramic? Has CRAP luck with sand stones.. The ceramics provide better and smaller bubbles.. (He!!, one sand stone I got made bubbles from 3 PLACES, only)

I found 6" ceramic stones online for ~6$ each.. I'll have to look at the brand and get back to here with it..

Great thread,,

Ok,,,I have 6 aquar. pumps bubblin 6 stones in this low flat 'sled/tub'.

Had some trouble with stones floatin to the top but solved that.

My question is,,Why the heck do I need all of these 'pumps' and bubble bars? I mean, I have this nice submersable pump.

How can I build a manifold bubbler for that thing"?

Or can I just circulate water into and out of the tub via a resevoir?

THanks

Great thread,,

Ok,,,I have 6 aquar. pumps bubblin 6 stones in this low flat 'sled/tub'.

Had some trouble with stones floatin to the top but solved that.

My question is,,Why the heck do I need all of these 'pumps' and bubble bars? I mean, I have this nice submersable pump.

How can I build a manifold bubbler for that thing"?

Or can I just circulate water into and out of the tub via a resevoir?

THanks

just exactly how many pumps/stones do you have working on how many gallons there?

just exactly how many pumps/stones do you have working on how many gallons there?

Like it said,I have 6 pumps,6 6" stones in a flat tub/sled half full of water/nutes (half strenth,,only 3 week old plantlets).

So theres 20 gallons of water in there,,11 plants in 6" pots (dam,,I'll get you a pic dude,,and show you,,sorry).

I'm not feeding them lucas yet because i can't afford the bloom.

I'm giving them half a dose of Ionic 3-1-5 veg for now ph. about 6.0.

I'm using net pots. They are under 1K HPS HID lamp and a 250 MH.

I have like 4 fans running and good circulation.

Dude, I will get you a picture of what i'm doing here,and believe me,,between my wife not wanting to take them from soil-less mix to hydroton, and fumbling with all these hoses,,I about starting to get discouraged,,lol :blink:

But they are only 4" plantlets,,,they seem to be doing great,,

My wife,(my caregiver)won't let me wash off all the vermiculite/perlite off of the roots and put them in 100% Hydroton?!@# So I have to be careful not to let that kind of medium get too moist eh?(I have like, the bottem 2" of the pots have the Hydroton,,lol. I told her,,they can't be in like esspecially vermiculite,,,they will drown.

Now I know why you recommend those powerful kickazz bubble pumps. I'm like really poor people right now and I'm trying to cut cost and use what I have,,we raise fish so I have like 3 diff submersable pumps that i don't even use in the winter.

Will an ebb & flow grow them as fast as a bubbler? I thought I might try a system that pumps the water to a level every couple times an hour? I'll study this some more..I'm gonna get better results if I circulate the water as well as bubble it so...but then I have to look at the electric bill,,, :growl:

I will try to get her to provide us some pictures here,,i apologize,,I'll put some up. I don't have any PPM meter,,

Like it said,I have 6 pumps,6 6" stones in a flat tub/sled half full of water/nutes (half strenth,,only 3 week old plantlets).

So theres 20 gallons of water in there,,11 plants in 6" pots (dam,,I'll get you a pic dude,,and show you,,sorry).

I'm not feeding them lucas yet because i can't afford the bloom.

I'm giving them half a dose of Ionic 3-1-5 veg for now ph. about 6.0.

I'm using net pots. They are under 1K HPS HID lamp and a 250 MH.

I have like 4 fans running and good circulation.

Dude, I will get you a picture of what i'm doing here,and believe me,,between my wife not wanting to take them from soil-less mix to hydroton, and fumbling with all these hoses,,I about starting to get discouraged,,lol :blink:

But they are only 4" plantlets,,,they seem to be doing great,,

My wife,(my caregiver)won't let me wash off all the vermiculite/perlite off of the roots and put them in 100% Hydroton?!@# So I have to be careful not to let that kind of medium get too moist eh?(I have like, the bottem 2" of the pots have the Hydroton,,lol. I told her,,they can't be in like esspecially vermiculite,,,they will drown in the water.

Now I know why you recommend those powerful kickazz bubble pumps. I'm like really poor people right now and I'm trying to cut cost and use what I have,,we raise fish so I have like 3 diff submersable pumps that i don't even use in the winter.

Will an ebb & flow grow them as fast as a bubbler? I thought I might try a system that pumps the water to a level every couple times an hour? I'll study this some more..I'm gonna get better results if I circulate the water as well as bubble it so...but then I have to look at the electric bill,,, :growl:

I will try to get her to provide us some pictures here,,i apologize,,I'll try to some up. I don't have any PPM meter,,

send pics and tell your caregiver to get online :)

you are 90% of the way there. get that crap washed off and get it done right :)http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/tutorials/t-36-diy-2-plant-hydro-bubbletote-build/

thanks brudder, like i said, my problems arent for lack of trying, equipement or knowledge...

I can't put my finger on it... even the ones i put in bubbles are having issues already??? (PM sent on that)

I've red most of the grow books, red HT for years, grown my own in the past (though not hydro)....ect...

I JUST DON'T GET IT...

Though i must say, the ones in my Aero/NFT system SEEM TO BE BOUNCING BACK????

Fresh growth in the center of the flowers, new, fresh, long, fat white hairs popin..???

The rest of the plant looks terrible...

I'm so confused...

Lights on tonight and the ones i put in bubbles are failing just as fast as everything else did...

could i just be WAY under feeding??

The problem shows itself as P/K and/or Mg defficient..

I put the ones in bubbles in flower at 450ppm of Ionic Bloom and Boost (both half strength) and 5.8PH..

Last night i upped the PPM to 600 using bloom alone

I HAVEN'T USED A DROP OF PH up/down yet and and holding 5.7-5.8PH

Could this be risidual(sp?) issues from the NGW tubing possibly? these where exposed to that tubing..

HALP...