Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hey again question: Will one 12" stone give the equivalent output of (2) 6" or does it depend on type. (have dual diaphragm pump)

it depends solely on volume of air being pushed into that stone.

i would only be using 12" stones on larger applications (over 20gallons).......... but applications that large would also require commercial air pumps that push enough volume as well.

one 6" stone on a dual port wal-mart pump (teeing the 2 ports together) is fine for a 10 gallon tote. you can spread that out to two stones (one port/one stone) just as well. same results, you just use twice as many stones.

Its a Gen Hydro 320gph this flood drain is proving unreliable only because its leaving stagnant water at the very bottom have one in your budget tote and its already looking like a tree I was going to transfer them into 18 gal totes what do u think as far as bubbles

may i ask why you want to go with 18gallon?

I just think it may be easier to transfer 6 plants into 3 totes than try to put airstones in my ebb/flow buckets?? cuz right now only one girl has roots that are touching the water after drain but i know its only a matter of time before they all do

ok im with ya.

its not that i have anything against the 18galllons..... they are just a waste in 90% of applications. if you are in a true sog, or if you have a very "short" strain, 3 plants per tote becomes feasible.

you have that pump to run just 2 (18gal) totes?

you are fine with whatever stones you want if thats the case. hook up 4 12" stones and put 2 in each tote if you want. it will look like a water-park ride in there :)

does anyone know if there is any noticeable benefit to gradually induce darkness to your plants? ei, slowly shortening the light to mimic actual nature rather than throwing them directly in a 12/12 cycle?

i have made a point to throw all my plants into 24 hours of darkness to "get them in the mood" first.... before flipping to 12/12.

i tested this over a period of time and with a few different strains....... what i found help some strains and does not affect others........ but its the growers call.