Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

I already am... Moving shop... I got bigger n better digs, I'm gettin really lucky in that respect..

Even got some gear..

gallery_11199_188_2296965.jpg

:thumbsu:

Now it's just a matter of getting the space finished.. Bought pour-in polystyrene insulation (bean-bag filling) for the un-insulated walls..

This also means my water cooler is for sale..

gallery_11199_188_1151647.jpg

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/25482-wtt-my-water-cooled-hood-for-your-air-cool/

i started this thread 7 months ago today. about 210 days ago..............WOW.

seems like it was yesterday :)

32,000 views later i know there has been some assistance administered here. nothing could make me smile more. it's 4a.m. and i just got off the phone with another beloved MMMA grower. (rlp) we chatted about cfm's and portable AC units ...... at 4a.m. :hot: we are tired c.g.'s for sure. but we love it.

NO.... I MEAN WE LOVE IT!!

somehow............... time/sunrise/sunset become pointless. i know when the sun rises in my flower rooms.... and that might as well be what they publish in the farmer's almanac next year because thats what i live by.

for some of us, this is an obsession that is so powerful it is frightening but miraculous at the same time.

addiction to cannabis??

hahahaha.......... addicted to growing it...... :sword:

32,000 views later i know there has been some assistance administered here. nothing could make me smile more. it's 4a.m. and i just got off the phone with another beloved MMMA grower. (rlp) we chatted about cfm's and portable AC units ...... at 4a.m. :hot: we are tired c.g.'s for sure. but we love it.

somehow............... time/sunrise/sunset become pointless. i know when the sun rises in my flower rooms.... and that might as well be what they publish in the farmer's almanac next year because thats what i live by.

for some of us, this is an obsession that is so powerful it is frightening but miraculous at the same time.

addiction to cannabis??

LMAO, BG, i can relate!!! im up @ 5-530 am now, sunrise is at 6 for my girls....i used to sleep till 10

addiction to cannabis??

true that

Great Job BG

i want to plug a "grasshopper" (i say that lovingly) here.

member Royal Smoke has decided to ingest dang near every single post i have ever made on this site, and then give bubbles a shot.

his results are STELLAR and are real true proof of what can happen if you put the time and effort into your grow BEFORE YOU PLANT A PLANT :)

Thanks BubbleGrower!! I just noticed the nice 'plug' for my blog/journal. I couldn't have done it without you.

Back in July, I knew nothing.....I take that back. I knew how how to purchase medication. And I knew how to smoke it. :) Now, I'm on my way to the majors.... you can follow my new 'improved' setup on the blog. After 1 cycle I'm going a bit crazy....at least that's what my girl says!

where can you get black 5 gallon buckets??? this is my last soil run, to much BS to put up with....I am officially making the change..

I got mine here: http://www.usplastic.com/

Shipping will getcha though!

I've seen black lids at Home Depot, but no buckets. Perhaps you could ask them to order some for you. It will save you on shipping.

so, I am wondering about something, lets say 8.5 weeks goes by and I decide to chop off the top buds, what would happen if I let the undergrowth (that didnt get much light during flower) sit in flower some more??? could I actually flower the same plant twice (albeit if there is enough undergrowth present) without taking the time to re veg????

so, I am wondering about something, lets say 8.5 weeks goes by and I decide to chop off the top buds, what would happen if I let the undergrowth (that didnt get much light during flower) sit in flower some more??? could I actually flower the same plant twice (albeit if there is enough undergrowth present) without taking the time to re veg????

There is some interesting information here... http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseedbank.com/Growguides/specials-to-intensify/after-harvest.html , and also here... http://www.rollitup.org/hydroponics-aeroponics/39158-can-plant-rejuvenated-after-harvest.html .

Everything I've found on the subject of putting the plant back into the veg stage sounds challenging, but you asked about re-flowering. It will be interesting to read what the experienced growers have to say.

Good Luck!

there really is not benefit is this at all. a plant is going to finish when it finishes. and it will do so as an entire plant. it will go through growth spurts and THC building phases just the same..... as an entire plant. the top is done when the bottom is done.... and vice-versa.

if you wait until the main growth process is over with (all milky trichs, w/ very little clear) and then harvest the top of the plant....... move the rest of the plant closer to the light for another couple weeks, it will not improve your yield. those lower buds have also already passed the main growth stage..... just as the already chopped top buds did. they may finish a bit prettier and less scrubby looking if you grow them another couple weeks afterwards...... but they are not going to miraculously grow big and fat and resemble top buds. these lowers are good for hash or medibles.

BUT.... there may be a benefit to this process in many strains. harvest time can be just as important as strain selection when it comes to medicinal properties/effects. regardless of when you chop your plant, it continues to grow/process/break-down for days afterwards. if you were to chop half the plant at the early part of the "harvest window", and then harvest the rest late in the "harvest window" you just may get 2 different effects from the same cannabis. maybe not night/day different.......... but noticeable.

Using a pair of Fiskars® Softouch Micro-Tip Scissors, I take the first of many branches:

gallery_13801_182_1346.jpg

I just picked up a pair of these after breaking a couple pairs of scissors. What an awesome buy. My life will never be the same.... :)

Walmart: $10.49

BubbleGrower must have done this a couple of times....

Bub, whats going on with my lemon skunk. I think I've got it figured out, she's been flushed and ph tested before and after watering, ph run off was 5.8-6.2 range, humidity is pretty much 35% fluctuations have been happening trying to get that under control, I see peak and min on my hygrometer and it looks like 30%-60% is happening.

gallery_6151_463_530786.jpg

gallery_6151_463_373892.jpg

Very Velvety feeling leaves, swollen tissues as well.

hmmmm..... well, i am not in an instant position to run and check my old paper journals....... but i have grown this strain from this breeder before.

the pics dont tell much...... looks like a real minty green Blueberry leaf to me :)

could be a mag deficiency..... if your numbers are all proper ...........and they seem to be.... a bit low on the r.h. side, but i assume it holds at about 60% most of the day.

what nutes are you using again? i will compare what you have to what i used here in a day or so when i get back home. my best guess is mag..... but dont go stir crazy until i can look and compare :)

its pretty early in your plants life.......... but the one thing with hempy's....... it's just like bubblebuckets/totes..... you have to give them EVERYTHING.... and cannot depend on any soil to come up with some micro nutes for ya.

what do you think it is??

hmmmm..... well, i am not in an instant position to run and check my old paper journals....... but i have grown this strain from this breeder before.

the pics dont tell much...... looks like a real minty green Blueberry leaf to me :)

could be a mag deficiency..... if your numbers are all proper ...........and they seem to be.... a bit low on the r.h. side, but i assume it holds at about 60% most of the day.

what nutes are you using again? i will compare what you have to what i used here in a day or so when i get back home. my best guess is mag..... but dont go stir crazy until i can look and compare :)

its pretty early in your plants life.......... but the one thing with hempy's....... it's just like bubblebuckets/totes..... you have to give them EVERYTHING.... and cannot depend on any soil to come up with some micro nutes for ya.

what do you think it is??

The leafs are just really puffy and velvety feeling, like they almost appear to be overwatered, but they're not sagging or glazed, they're very matte finish looking and velvety to the touch. Its Lemon Skunk by GHS, and I'm running BC technaflora boost and grow, with Magical (Mag & Cal) and sugar daddy, roughly 800-1000ppm on the smaller guys, 1200 burned em a while back and they're all getting out of there stress phase but this one just looks and feels really odd to me. I can't say what it holds most of the day, but I assume the major humidity drop is when I open the tent up to get inside. And yeah I know they need everything, which is why I'm trying to nail this one down. I know I've got most micro nutrients covered in Boost, all my NPK from the Grow (which this grow is actually quite high in p & k) And Mag & Cal from the Magical, then Carbs and sugars from sugar daddy. I know they're still kind of early, but I'm about 3 weeks from transplant and this guy and 3 other ones are way smaller then what I'm used to @ 3 weeks. I did have a hell of a time with this sprout and my white rhino sprout which are probably the 2 smallest runs. Tons of stretching and a weak donkey stem when it was sprouting, honestly kind of surprised they stuck it out I had to give them some major attention though :lol: I'm thinking it has to be related to the humidity fluctuations or a lockout of some oddball micronutrient, but I know my PH in and out is good, I know my balance is good, my water isn't RO water but it has a very low PPM (~75) so I don't think thats really messing with it either. I'm putting a humidifier in my room to try and stabilize it around 50% and see if that helps with them at all, I know my Super Silver Haze does not like when the humidity is below 40% though :lol:

I'm at 6 1/2 weeks in bloom on my Yoruba x Pink Floyd. Building some nice buds. This morning I found a seed. :angry: That sucker was HUGE and staring right out at me. Right in the front of the plant! I can't believe that I didn't see it earlier. It's like it popped out over night. I plucked it with a pair of tweezers, and then spent a lot of time examining every other plant in my room. I can't find another one. I can't find any evidence of a male in the room. Is this common, that a plant might make it's own seed? I was curious, so I peeled it apart. It was one big seed.

The trichs are just getting milky, with no amber showing up yet. I put them in flush today, just in case I have to harvest early. :sword:

That seed casing was just covered in trichs. Tasted like bananas. :lol:

since you didnt find any others/males/hermies, it sounds like "selfing" to me.

this is a process that a female plant can go through if it has not been fertilized by a certain stage in life. the female plant can actually produce a seed all by itself. this is not a hermie plant, nor are there any genetics from a male present. therefore these "clone seeds" they are sometimes called are normally an exact replica of the mommy that it came from. a growers dream :)

i always keep mine.

if by chance once slips past me, i will get it back from the patient :)

since you didnt find any others/males/hermies, it sounds like "selfing" to me.

this is a process that a female plant can go through if it has not been fertilized by a certain stage in life. the female plant can actually produce a seed all by itself. this is not a hermie plant, nor are there any genetics from a male present. therefore these "clone seeds" they are sometimes called are normally an exact replica of the mommy that it came from. a growers dream :)

i always keep mine.

if by chance once slips past me, i will get it back from the patient :)

Thanks BG. I was wondering if I should have just left it alone. It was on my best plant of that strain, and would have been a keeper. I'll know what to do next time.

oooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooo's.....I think i found a hermi in my room......I had to put on the gloves and pinch off all the banana-ish looking pods.....i am keeping my fingers crossed that I dont find any more, and I hope none are hidden....what in the F happened????? its week 7 of flower and now this gets sprung on me.....I hope all this work I did is not wasted down the drain!!!!

oooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooo's.....I think i found a hermi in my room......I had to put on the gloves and pinch off all the banana-ish looking pods.....i am keeping my fingers crossed that I dont find any more, and I hope none are hidden....what in the F happened????? its week 7 of flower and now this gets sprung on me.....I hope all this work I did is not wasted down the drain!!!!

Light leek? Some kind of stress? I have a plant gong hermie on me now for no darn reason. I'm not chopping early so I go and look for the bananas everyday, it sucks but only a week or two left...