Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Thanks. The water is 1/3 well and the rest RO, tested out pure yellow to start with the nutes already added. Upped it with a full cc of pH Up per gallon, brought on a little green tinge. The runoff looked the same. It's definitely high 7's.

7.0 would be a full blown green color. High 7's would be a very dark green. If you're pure yellow try feeding them with that, no need to add ph up. You don't want to be over 7.

Thanks. The water is 1/3 well and the rest RO, tested out pure yellow to start with the nutes already added. Upped it with a full cc of pH Up per gallon, brought on a little green tinge. The runoff looked the same. It's definitely high 7's.

Do yourself a favor and get a PH meter... toss the strips... the accuracy of strips could be +/- 20-50%, god forbid you are a little color blind..

Doo eet... :thumbsu:

Do yourself a favor and get a PH meter... toss the strips... the accuracy of strips could be +/- 20-50%, god forbid you are a little color blind..

Doo eet... :thumbsu:

Ironic. . . I'm already sick of the pH testing drops after just 2 waterings and 1 feeding. I tested each gallon of blended water, the first one multiple times to figure out how many ml's of Up I had to use (still tested the others).

After all that, I jumped on the computer and ordered an electronic pH tester. And a ppm tester. AND a jeweler's loop. AND a little 100X LED microscope.

http://www.amazon.co...94152819&sr=1-4

Overkill for 6 18gallon totes? :D

I'm using this pump Jipo, and it works great! I came home with aquarium pumps #5 and #6 at about $10.50 each, and I never opened the boxes. For close to the same money as six aquarium pumps, I can now run twelve ten gallon totes. The air pressure per tote is better too.The twelve outlet manifold gives you the option of running peripherals, like a cloner, or a stone in your resivoir, or whatever. I'm really pleased with the investment.

btw...:D ... enjoying some stuff i cut on christmas day...OMG! LOL!:D

I'm using this pump Jipo, and it works great! I came home with aquarium pumps #5 and #6 at about $10.50 each, and I never opened the boxes. For close to the same money as six aquarium pumps, I can now run twelve ten gallon totes. The air pressure per tote is better too.The twelve outlet manifold gives you the option of running peripherals, like a cloner, or a stone in your resivoir, or whatever. I'm really pleased with the investment.

I had a question about these larger pumps.

I've got 2 pumps with 6 outlet on each of them. They're still in the box right now, but they're coming out soon!

For this pump that you guys are talking about with the 12 outlets; can you use 1 outlet for each 10 gallon tote?

Does it provide enough air for 12 separate 10 gallon totes? What would you use, (1) 6 in. stone? , (1) 12 in. stone?

I guess I'm a little tripped up, because I've been using the $10 air pumps with (2) 6 in. air stones in each 10 gallon tote.

I had a question about these larger pumps.

I've got 2 pumps with 6 outlet on each of them. They're still in the box right now, but they're coming out soon!

For this pump that you guys are talking about with the 12 outlets; can you use 1 outlet for each 10 gallon tote?

Does it provide enough air for 12 separate 10 gallon totes? What would you use, (1) 6 in. stone? , (1) 12 in. stone?

I guess I'm a little tripped up, because I've been using the $10 air pumps with (2) 6 in. air stones in each 10 gallon tote.

I'm using one of the ActiveAQUA pumps to run twelve ten gallon totes. I do have a few with 12" stones in them, but the 6" work fine. One line to each six inch stone, the dark blue ones with no plastic around them. I'd call it turbulence! This pump puts out some air!

not at all. :)

i'd probably run 12" stones in a tote that size too.

Yeah I was thinking 2 12" long airstones or 2 8" round air stones per tote.

Yeah I can't wait to convert to DWC, I'm gonna miss my hempy buckets but they're going to a good home, all my hempy buckets, perlite, nutrients and any misc left overs are getting donated to a low income patient who grows for themselves so I feel good about the switch over now :lol:

I am wondering what your thoughts on Foliar sprays are? Use amendments? Kelp? How often? For which stage(s) of plant life? (Most people i have heard agree that after two weeks of flower time, foliar sprays can contribute to mold.)

i do not foliar feed at all. during veg they get neem treatments every 4 or 5 days and then during the last week of flower i spray them down lightly with clean water to help knock off any dust or bad stuff..... but thats all that ever gets sprayed on my plants.

what would be the advantages/disadvantages of using a HPS bulb all the way through a grow cycle?(veg thru flower)

it will work, no doubt, but your vegging will probably be a bit slow. mh lamps are in the blue end of the spectrum and are closer to the sun during summer. hps are red and are closer to the sun during autumn.

what you want to do is grow a plant from beginning to end using totally autumn sun. it will work, just may be a bit slow in veg.

Way back when I first started all I had was a HPS, vegged and bloomed under it, the only real difference I noticed switching over to MH is the node spacing was more compact on the same strains then it was under the HPS. Could have been numerous other variables like humidity and temp and stuff that caused that as well.

no i think thats very true jippers. it is very very likely that the elongated node spacing was due to the light.

i guess in laymans terms, when you veg under hps lighting, the plant is picking and choosing the blue rays out of the tons of red of light to use, rather than being totally bombarded with blue :)

yea Jipo that's true, but lets say your about 1/2 into veg. plants well established,

would there be an advantage at that stage to use just the HPS.

Had a bulb melt down in one of the veg rooms an wouln't you know it,

no replacement MH 400.(have a back up of every other bulb except that one lol)

Going to continue with the HPS for the rest of veg. with the ones now an in the

meantime will order another MH, can get 400w mh $20.

yea Jipo that's true, but lets say your about 1/2 into veg. plants well established,

would there be an advantage at that stage to use just the HPS.

Had a bulb melt down in one of the veg rooms an wouln't you know it,

no replacement MH 400.(have a back up of every other bulb except that one lol)

Going to continue with the HPS for the rest of veg. with the ones now an in the

meantime will order another MH, can get 400w mh $20.

If height isn't an issue I agree, for those with height issues the more compact the better, I would possibly even leave the MH in for the first week or so of bud to try and keep the stretch down as well.

Edited by Jipo